The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Atmosphere at Anfield

(1/3000) > >>

Jake:
Hello
RAWK is a huge community, lots of match going reds, lots who cannot make the trip etc, but one thing we must agree on is that on the whole, the atmosphere is no longer special.

I want to get some ideas floating around, maybe use existing avenues that one or two may have to open a dialogue with the club, be it with petitions, the committee, emails with Ayre etc, because something has to be done.

So don't bring negativity please, save that for t'other thread, but join in, sign up, throw some ideas out there. Take your "it will never work" posts somewhere else

A few things that would help in my opinion:

1) The 300s allowed to stand for every game (following some saying they were made to sit) and perhaps creep forward a few rows. It's pretty much agreed that standing helps singing a bit, right?

2) iPads. The Mancs have banned them, so should we. It may be a minute part of the problem, but it doesn't help and shouldn't be encouraged.

3) Sitting together. There should, and surely could, be a system in place whereby mates who weren't lucky enough to get seats together in the sale, can attempt to swap that ticket, be it through an LFC-middle man project or using their membership area to send a request to an (anonymised) member who is sitting next to their mate.

There are loads more things we can do/request/suggest. And if you can't think of any now, just show your support :)

rhylred:
Make a 125 in the Anny an under 25,singing section with a £10 reduction

CraigDS:

--- Quote from: Le Jake on August 18, 2014, 01:25:16 pm ---1) The 300s allowed to stand for every game (following some saying they were made to sit) and perhaps creep forward a few rows. It's pretty much agreed that standing helps singing a bit, right?

--- End quote ---

The club can't be seen to allow it to happen, and in fact have to be seen to stop standing happening.

--- Quote ---2) iPads. The Mancs have banned them, so should we. It may be a minute part of the problem, but it doesn't help and shouldn't be encouraged.

--- End quote ---

It would honestly do nothing to improve it. The types bringing iPads, those camera stick things, and wearing shite aren't likely to be the ones singing anyway. So banning them bringing them will do fuck all.

--- Quote ---3) Sitting together. There should, and surely could, be a system in place whereby mates who weren't lucky enough to get seats together in the sale, can attempt to swap that ticket, be it through an LFC-middle man project or using their membership area to send a request to an (anonymised) member who is sitting next to their mate.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this, sitting together will definitely help. I think the club tried to accommodate ST holders who wanted to try and move together, but not sure how easy/feasible it is for single game tickets.

For me, targeting the stupid kit wearing/iPad bringing brigade is pointless, it won't help improve it even if you achieved the goal of getting them banned.

Big games will have a big atmosphere, you saw it last year and you'll see it this year too. Getting mates together will definitely help, so would subsidised beer, so would a section for younger lads, so would a section of tickets sold the week before the game at the ticket office only (sort of like a modern day pay at the gate).

Jake:

--- Quote from: rhylred on August 18, 2014, 01:41:57 pm ---Make a 125 in the Anny an under 25,singing section with a £10 reduction

--- End quote ---

Maybe small "look the other way" singing areas like the 300s in other areas would help. No way would cheaper tickets come of it I think though.

I'm no acoustics expert but I like it :). I hear what Craig is saying how the club won't actively vocally support it too though.

meady1981:
It's easy just to say the club don't care, they just want people in the shops etc etc, but what is the clubs actual stance on this? Surely valid, realistic points like Craig has just raised are brought up during the supporters meetings?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version