Author Topic: Norwich City  (Read 42455 times)

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
Norwich City
« on: June 9, 2011, 12:27:03 pm »

Carrow Road

Official Web Site: www.canaries.co.uk
Unofficial Web Sites:Norwich City Mad & The Pink'un

Address: Carrow Road, Norwich, NR1 1JE
Telephone No:  01603 760 760
Ticket Office: 0844 826 1902
Capacity: 27,033
Away allocation: 2,500

Fixtures
For Norwich's remaining fixtures Click here/url]

Directions & Parking
For a street map of the area & the ground [url=http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=624045&y=307875&z=0&sv=NR1+1JE&st=2&pc=NR1+1JE&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf]CLICK HERE

By Road
The ground is well signposted from the A11 and A47.  From the southern bypass (A47) take the A146 into the city. At the traffic lights turn right and follow the outer ring road: Left at the roundabout. Right at the next lights.  Follow the inner ring road round to the right, over the river and the ground is on your right. If in doubt follow signs for the the railway station until you get to the river (where the rail station is off to the left and ground on your right).

David Clarke informs me that 'The best car park for away fans is Norfolk County Hall, which is well sign posted on the left of the A146, as you follow signs towards the ground from the Southern Bypass. It is currently £3 and can hold about 2000 cars, and does usually fill up by 2pm for games where the away team bring loads of fans'. Martyn Swan adds; 'It's advisable to get to the car park before 1pm if you want a decent spot, otherwise you may get stuck in spaces at the back, and it can then take ages at the end of the game to exit'.

By Rail
The ground is walkable from Norwich train station. It should take you around 5-10mins to walk to the ground. From the station turn left and head for the Morrisons supermarket and you should see the ground behind that.

Away Fans
Away fans are housed on one side of the new South Stand, on one side of the ground. As you would expect from a new stand the facilities and view of the playing action are good. The normal allocation in this area is 2,500 fans although this can be increased further for cup games. If you are located at the very back of this stand then you can enjoy some fine views across the city, including Norwich Cathedral. The Club I found to be particularly friendly and relaxed. I certainly would rate it as one of the better away days, even though it seems an eternity to get there. As Delia Smith is on the board of Norwich City, the food available within the ground has been spruced up a fair bit and is very good. The Club even bake their own pies which not only include the usual array such as steak & kidney, chicken & mushroom, but also a number of 'matchday specials' (which change from game to game) such as beef in red wine gravy & cheese, mushroom and garlic. Please note that smoking is not allowed in the seated areas of the South Stand.

Pub Guide and extras
The number of good pubs situated in-between the train station and the ground are plentiful and friendly. The traditional haunt of away fans for many years was the Clarence Harbour, but this is now making way for a housing development. Most fans now seem to be heading instead for the 'Compleat Angler', which is by the river opposite the railway station (around 5-10 minutes walk from the ground)'. This pub seems to have now taken over the mantle of the 'away fans pub'.

Rob Emery informs me; 'Not far away from the ground and towards the City Centre a new leisure complex called the Riverside has opened. This has a number of drinking and eating establishments, including a Wetherspoons Lloyds No.1 outlet. Whilst Nicholas Mead suggests; 'the Coach and Horses on Thorpe Road brews its own beer and is around a 10 minute walk away from the ground'.

Stadium Plan

Further information on Norwich from footballgroundguide.co.uk and The Football Supporters Federation
« Last Edit: December 6, 2012, 01:46:43 am by Frank. »
87:13

Offline Mattj1979

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Norwich City
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:54:43 am »
No away colours in the Riverside development bars (I.e. Lloyds etc) on match days from experience a few years ago

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
Re: Norwich City
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 04:37:04 pm »
No away colours in the Riverside development bars (I.e. Lloyds etc) on match days from experience a few years ago

True although what was formally Lloyds is all that really remains of bars there. More restaurants now. Complete Angler is definatly the away fans pub and is on the door step of station and ground.

If you want a taste of the atmosphere when walking to the ground from the station I wouldnt turn left, but go straight and through the Riverside complex as this is the way most fans tend to walk to the ground - and where you would find most burger / programme vendors should that tickle your fancy.

Im living here now so am happy to field any questions when nearer the game.

And of course will be trying to blag tickets in the exchange :D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:40:54 pm by Moley »
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 04:00:56 pm »

Alright lads where's everyone drinking tomorrow? not familiar with the ale houses down there

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 04:23:11 pm »

Alright lads where's everyone drinking tomorrow? not familiar with the ale houses down there

The wether spoons on the riverside complex was decent last year for Pre match singsong, so heading there for cheap grub and beer! Also the pub over the bridge too, but can't remember what it's called
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 04:25:36 pm »
The Angler Is the one over bridge!
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 07:22:03 pm »
Long day tomorrow getting 5-35 am train from rhyl,getting into Norwich at 12-18,looking forward to a good nite out there again like last season,back sunday afternoon 8) 8)

Offline HighFlyingBirds

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 07:28:59 pm »
Been told the Wetherspoons is the place to be.

Havent got a clue how to get there mind
Twitter @robjpLFC

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 08:42:05 pm »
Long day tomorrow getting 5-35 am train from rhyl,getting into Norwich at 12-18,looking forward to a good nite out there again like last season,back sunday afternoon 8) 8)
Must be the same train as us - except we get an extra couple of hours kip getting on at Stockport

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 09:15:48 am »
Trains from London are messed up too.

Though we can still leave as late as 11.15, so I can't complain ;D

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 1, 2012, 04:24:40 pm »
Must be the same train as us - except we get an extra couple of hours kip getting on at Stockport
Great to meet you on the train,bloody hell that was some journey home yesterday,7 hours to get back to rhyl & not a trolley in sight :no :no,good job some of the lads had their own supply
Just working out the nightmare of applying for 3 russian visas now!!!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 04:45:05 pm »
Compleat Angler again for this weekend?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 04:58:03 pm »
Compleat Angler again for this weekend?

That's where we'll be going

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 06:14:19 pm »
First time coming here.

Any decent parking to get off quick after?

Offline Glass Kites

• Anny Roader
  • 5x
    • Blog
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 10:28:31 am »
Sounds like Compleat Angler it is then. Will it be open early, seeing as it's a 12:45 KO?

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 10:35:12 am »
Sounds like Compleat Angler it is then. Will it be open early, seeing as it's a 12:45 KO?
That is now a home fans only pub apparently.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 10:42:21 am »
That is now a home fans only pub apparently.

It will be full of wools anyway.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 10:44:00 am »
Most people on here go there!

Those on RAWK can't be wools!  ;D

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 12:22:38 pm »
Complete Angler is not a home pub, it is still definitely an away fans only. I've just rung and spoke to them.

The lady said they will be opening early but she wasn't sure of the time as her manager wasn't there. Said from previous experience, its been either 10am or 11am.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 12:30:39 pm »

Meet you there mate, I'll be the one in the Carling Cup Final 2012 Jester Hat and the red and yellow half and half!
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 12:34:32 pm »

Why would it be? I assume you haven't gone there before then Max?

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 04:08:50 pm »
Meet you there mate, I'll be the one in the Carling Cup Final 2012 Jester Hat and the red and yellow half and half!

Fuck sake, that is what I was going to wear!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 06:25:41 pm »
First time coming here.

Any decent parking to get off quick after?

...anyone?

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 06:27:38 pm »

A christmas tree. ;D

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 06:29:37 pm »
Why would it be? I assume you haven't gone there before then Max?

Been to Norwich plenty of times.

Offline tommackay7

• Kemlynite
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 07:57:03 pm »
...anyone?

Try this mate
County Hall car park (NR1 2DH)
Fans can also purchase matchday parking tickets for County Hall in advance through the Norwich City ticket office on 0844 826 1902.

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 07:57:16 pm »
...anyone?

I only know of three but they're more for shoppers. Chapelfields, one near train station called riverside and castle mallI know there's a couple of park and rides near which maybe useful.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 09:33:11 pm »
Thanks guys  :wave

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2016, 09:42:26 pm »
I parked on a random road in Trowse for free, 20 minute walk was sound, and was straight off onto the A47 within 5 mins.

Swerved the County Hall as apparently it takes forever to get out of.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2021, 10:51:29 am »
I parked on a random road in Trowse for free, 20 minute walk was sound, and was straight off onto the A47 within 5 mins.

Swerved the County Hall as apparently it takes forever to get out of.

Don’t suppose you remember which road?