The Liverpool FC Forum > Opinion

The Bill Shankly Story

<< < (2/13) > >>

Mighty_Red:
Fantastic read :wave

RedandYellow:
"I'm just one of the people who stand on the Kop. They think the same as I do, and I think the same as they do. It's a kind of marriage of people who like each other"

How great quotes..very nice article buddy, you are very lucky to had such great coach..

Socratease:
Superb, Wooly!  :thumbup

The following quote epitomizes the late great Bill Shankly for me, in fact the whole team ethos of Liverpool Football Club,

'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'

He had a way with words, Bill Shankly, and an unbridled passion for Liverpool FC. A legend who will always be remembered with great affection!

You'll Never Walk Alone, Bill Shankly!

:scarf

the invisible man:
wooltonian... amazing stuff, brings it all back...

how can anyone read that and not realise how special he was...

and you know what mate, we all had the same stories to tell, because there were 50,000 liverpool supporters from liverpool  (and surrounds)... we all felt the joy, we all felt the pain... we all walked the walk cos shanks walked the walk...

Shanks transfered that belief to our Emlyn, my ultra mega hero, what passion and courage the great man showed... sadly we now live in the McNasty's-Playstation-Mp3 age where the kids can buy & sell drogba if he doesn't score in 3 minutes on their playstations pro evo whatever they are called...

well done mate a true account which had 'feeling...'

Lemmo... ;D :wave

Gaz123456:
A very special man. No one who will have read that could ever doubt the mans greatness and humilty.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version