Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 581286 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spanish Football 2018/2019
« Reply #5400 on: June 13, 2019, 02:51:47 pm »
I doubt any of his injuries since he joined have been caused by playing golf, but you can understand them being shall we say 'apprehensive' about it considering he's made of papier mache.

They can kick rocks, he helped them win 2 European Cups. Ungrateful fcks

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spanish Football 2019/2020
« Reply #5401 on: June 13, 2019, 02:56:17 pm »
The whole Bale situation is bizarre, I dont think i've ever seen a player so desperate NOT to leave a club

Having a manager say even if he had 4 subs he wouldnt have used you tells you all you need to know, I can understand wanting to prove people wrong and that kind of thing but its not like he's been there one season and has a point to prove

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5402 on: June 13, 2019, 03:44:27 pm »
The whole Bale situation is bizarre, I dont think i've ever seen a player so desperate NOT to leave a club

Having a manager say even if he had 4 subs he wouldnt have used you tells you all you need to know, I can understand wanting to prove people wrong and that kind of thing but its not like he's been there one season and has a point to prove

Problem is, where can he go? He's not going to give up this contract easily. And about the only teams who could afford him may either not want him (like PSG or City), or aren't in the CL and he may not fancy it (like Man Utd).

I honestly don't know where the guy will end up, there doesnt seem a whole lot of options out there considering the length of his contract.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5403 on: June 13, 2019, 05:17:11 pm »
De Ligt's a merc for potentially taking €400k/week but Bale is being mistreated by an ungrateful club and fan base and shouldn't have to give up his €600k/week?  Yeah.....

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #5404 on: June 13, 2019, 05:23:02 pm »
I doubt any of his injuries since he joined have been caused by playing golf, but you can understand them being shall we say 'apprehensive' about it considering he's made of papier mache.

Think it's more a case of the amount of time he spends golfing could be used towards language lessons or interacting with teammates. Courtois said earlier this year Bale's nicknames are the golfer and the alien, which speak volumes

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5405 on: June 13, 2019, 08:14:17 pm »
:lmao

During Hazards unveiling, Real fans chanted ‘we want MBappe’

Know how to make him feel wanted eh?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5406 on: June 13, 2019, 08:36:47 pm »

To be fair, I've also shouted that.

Although I was at a Hanson concert at the time.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5407 on: June 13, 2019, 08:41:09 pm »

horrible fan base.  Spoilt, entitled brats.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5408 on: June 13, 2019, 10:04:34 pm »

I’m surprised they even looked up from their phones

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5409 on: June 13, 2019, 10:25:13 pm »
horrible fan base.  Spoilt, entitled brats.

Out of the frying pan Eden...

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #5410 on: June 13, 2019, 10:33:01 pm »

He’s potentially ruined the rest of his footballing career by digging in his heels (studs) and refusing to leave all because of the money (yes, that’s the reason) not because he wants to honour his contract!!

Bale is an idiot, he should know when he’s not wanted. Even united have turned away

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #5411 on: June 13, 2019, 10:38:36 pm »
He’s potentially ruined the rest of his footballing career by digging in his heels (studs) and refusing to leave all because of the money (yes, that’s the reason) not because he wants to honour his contract!!

Bale is an idiot, he should know when he’s not wanted. Even united have turned away
True. He’d walk into pretty much every top side in Europe but seems more than happy to sit on the bench and collect a ridiculous amount of money each week. Hard life. No one could afford his wages apart from United, City or PSG I guess.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5412 on: June 13, 2019, 10:44:28 pm »

How is it Bale's fault that Madrid gave him a ridiculous contract?  Madrid can easily move him to another team while paying his contract.  The issue is they don't want to do that, they want the player to lose money in order for him to leave.  There is no other walk of life where that is actually Ok.  The people that spout off about how if you have £50m then what's £100m don't use Amazon, Google or Facebook right?  Everything at Sports Direct isn't free?  You now have to pay for BBC as a senior citizen?  Get to fuck man.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5413 on: June 13, 2019, 10:48:48 pm »
I guess the mistake is, he dug his heels in and then refused to let go! I don't follow all the ins and outs of what is going on at Madrid, but I know that Zidane has no interest in him, so did he Bale decide to stay as is his right, when Zidane left thinking his problems there where over? 

So now, much to his dismay I guess, Zidane came back, and now he's in a situation where he knows he won't be part of the plans there, but he's a few more injuries down the line, and his options are limited.

What can they do now? It's hard to see them finding a buyer. So they have to find a loan for him? And stump up a large portion of his wages? Or just pay him to play golf for the next two years.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5414 on: June 14, 2019, 03:21:27 am »
To be fair, I've also shouted that.

Although I was at a Hanson concert at the time.

Wanted to sign Didi also, huh?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5415 on: June 19, 2019, 03:38:53 pm »
Luis Enrique has resigned from the national team due to personal reasons. Rumour is that his daughter is ill with a rare disease

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5416 on: June 23, 2019, 10:15:25 pm »
Mallorca back in La Liga.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5417 on: June 24, 2019, 12:57:06 am »
Mallorca back in La Liga.

After being in the 2nd division for 5 years.

Met one of their former players,Alhassane Keita, in the most random places in the US. he scored a goal at the Bernabeu at Mallorca's last win there 3-1 [and last win period in this time]

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5418 on: June 25, 2019, 06:55:34 pm »
Looking like Neymar back to Barcelona then.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5419 on: June 25, 2019, 07:26:01 pm »
Neymar has agreed to take a 50% pay-cut to secure a return to Barcelona. He will sign a five-year contract [SPORT]

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5420 on: June 25, 2019, 07:27:14 pm »
They can't be after Griezmann as well?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5421 on: June 25, 2019, 07:32:34 pm »
None of these reports mention how PSG are taking this. Are they willing to let him go? At what price?
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5422 on: June 25, 2019, 09:50:32 pm »
None of these reports mention how PSG are taking this. Are they willing to let him go? At what price?
Last week their chairman basically said they want him to go as he was unprofessional.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5423 on: June 25, 2019, 09:58:49 pm »
Last week their chairman basically said they want him to go as he was unprofessional.

that's a good way to drum up interest!  Here, take our really unprofessional player off our hands..... please......

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5424 on: June 25, 2019, 10:04:12 pm »

He’s a waste of space.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5425 on: June 25, 2019, 10:31:24 pm »
Neymar was brilliant for Barcelona, Messi loves him, he seems to love Messi. They brought out the best in each other. This one will work. Whether it'll be enough to cover for the glaring deficiencies elsewhere in the team is a different matter entirely but De Jong and Neymar make them MUCH stronger.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5426 on: June 25, 2019, 10:40:32 pm »
Would like to know how Barca is adding the wages of De Jong, Griezeman and Neymar while off-loading basically no one.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5427 on: June 25, 2019, 10:46:22 pm »
I would love to know where they're getting all this money from, haven't they still got some debts to pay off as well. That's not even mentioning the rumours of their interest in Salah, Mane too. Utter shower they are.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5428 on: June 26, 2019, 01:04:24 am »
Neymar was brilliant for Barcelona, Messi loves him, he seems to love Messi. They brought out the best in each other. This one will work. Whether it'll be enough to cover for the glaring deficiencies elsewhere in the team is a different matter entirely but De Jong and Neymar make them MUCH stronger.

Agree with this, for all his playacting and nonsense this is a good move as he definitely was brilliant for Barca. When he was there, he looked quality in games against opposition from other leagues and on the international stage often, since the PSG move (IMO) its been different and he seems to think everyone is going to afford him the space he gets in Ligue 1.

The guys an incredibly gifted football player and in attack they will be very strong with him back there

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5429 on: June 26, 2019, 07:12:48 am »
I thought he was sick of being in Messi’s shadow and wanted to be the star player?

Brilliant footballer, but comes across as a bit of a tool. (Never met the man, mind)

Online Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5430 on: June 26, 2019, 08:26:53 am »
Seems like a bad move. For 200 million or so they would be spending they could do better. He has had a few injuries and despite his talent, he has poor attitude and questionable work rate.

They need to improve their full-backs and midfield.

An argument I can see for buying Neymar would be that Barcelona is terrible with their transfer so they would have wasted that money regardless. With Neymar at least they are getting a known commodity.

The biggest problem they have IMO, which will be made worse by buying Neymar is that they are just a collection of individuals. There is no coherent style of play. They lost their way big time a few years after pep left. They are just Catatonia's Real Madrid now.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5431 on: June 26, 2019, 08:53:17 am »
What will happen to Griezmann? If they sign also, I can see them off-loading one of Coutinho or Dembele, even both unless they use them as leverage in the Neymar deal.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5432 on: June 26, 2019, 09:19:35 am »

He was brilliant for Barca, but it all didn't come to fruition until Suarez knit them together. With Suarez to be on the periphery in future, I'm not sure how this will work, maybe Griezmann will complete them - but who knows? He might try to compete with Griezmann the way he tried to compete with Cavani at PSG. It's still papering over cracks and Barca are going extremely short-term minded these days.

Neymar is going backwards every year individually as well. Brazil are playing better without Neymar tells you all that you need to know.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #5433 on: June 26, 2019, 09:57:49 am »
What will happen to Griezmann? If they sign also, I can see them off-loading one of Coutinho or Dembele, even both unless they use them as leverage in the Neymar deal.

I don't know how much he's on but they've already decided to sell the vanity-buy Malcom, (who they stole from under Roma's noses a year ago), and of course they want to sell Coutinho as he's become an expensive scapegoat

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5434 on: June 26, 2019, 08:48:05 pm »
I thought he was sick of being in Messi’s shadow and wanted to be the star player?

Brilliant footballer, but comes across as a bit of a tool. (Never met the man, mind)

Always thought that out of messis shadow stuff was a hilarious comment, its Messi ffs, you have to be playing outrageous stuff with staggering consistency to overshadow him and of all places he chose to achieve that he went to France. Any stats you see from there short of being by a very young player just prompt the reaction 'yeah but its in the french league'

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5435 on: July 21, 2019, 12:34:25 pm »
I guess the mistake is, he dug his heels in and then refused to let go! I don't follow all the ins and outs of what is going on at Madrid, but I know that Zidane has no interest in him, so did he Bale decide to stay as is his right, when Zidane left thinking his problems there where over? 

So now, much to his dismay I guess, Zidane came back, and now he's in a situation where he knows he won't be part of the plans there, but he's a few more injuries down the line, and his options are limited.

What can they do now? It's hard to see them finding a buyer. So they have to find a loan for him? And stump up a large portion of his wages? Or just pay him to play golf for the next two years.

That odious shitwipe Zidane ramping up Operation Drive Bale Out.

Classy club   ::)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #5436 on: July 21, 2019, 01:18:48 pm »
If Zidane is saying, he could go in a matter of days, then I wouldn't be surprised if it is to a PL club on loan given his wages and injury record

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5437 on: July 21, 2019, 01:35:18 pm »
Real are going to have to pay him to leave, unless Woodward plays another blinder.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5438 on: July 27, 2019, 01:44:11 am »
32' gone and Real Madrid losing 4-0 to Atleti...friendly sure, but enjoyable viewing none the less.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5439 on: July 27, 2019, 01:52:14 am »
32' gone and Real Madrid losing 4-0 to Atleti...friendly sure, but enjoyable viewing none the less.

5-0 now.

I can see them spunking a shit load of cash for Pogba out of this.

Trippier and the Portuguese kits have been pretty decent so far. Costa with a first-half hat-trick.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:53:59 am by BarryCrocker »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.