Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3536566 times)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #19960 on: September 15, 2020, 09:44:58 am »
Releasing a new set of 110s at 8am today, limited numbers inspired by the third kit. They're actually really nice

These?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #19961 on: September 15, 2020, 09:49:41 am »
Yeah those are the ones.

Available on the LFC online store also on Nike.com, bigger sizes still available on the latter

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19962 on: September 15, 2020, 11:03:16 am »
Yeah solar reds but with a different pattern on the back, can't buy anymore trabs with out the wife going mad
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #19963 on: September 15, 2020, 11:35:33 am »
Also posted this in the New Kits thread in General Footy Forum:

Having looked at quite a few of the Away/Third kits for this season, I think it's far to say that we are now entering an era where at least one of a club's kits is gonna be a 'festival/fashion' style kit that is basically a shite design for a footy kit BUT without the badges and sponsors on would be something you'd see at a festival.

The sooner we accept this the better :D

Now it's just a question of, which club can come up with the shitest festival kit :)

In that context, I quite like our Away kit for this season! It's all about context and era hahahaha

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19964 on: September 15, 2020, 12:02:08 pm »
Also posted this in the New Kits thread in General Footy Forum:

Having looked at quite a few of the Away/Third kits for this season, I think it's far to say that we are now entering an era where at least one of a club's kits is gonna be a 'festival/fashion' style kit that is basically a shite design for a footy kit BUT without the badges and sponsors on would be something you'd see at a festival.

The sooner we accept this the better :D

Now it's just a question of, which club can come up with the shitest festival kit :)

In that context, I quite like our Away kit for this season! It's all about context and era hahahaha

Can't wait for the "Liverpool fans cause chaos" headlines when a load of pissed up gobshites who happen to be wearing our fashion away kit go mental in Magaluf.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19965 on: September 15, 2020, 12:13:15 pm »
Can't wait for the "Liverpool fans cause chaos" headlines when a load of pissed up gobshites who happen to be wearing our fashion away kit go mental in Magaluf.

Chance would be a fine thing.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19966 on: September 15, 2020, 12:13:25 pm »
These?

As long as they don’t have the LFC logo on then they are spot on.

Offline Giz a Gobble

• Scouse Turkey that's hard to swallow.....
  • Main Stander
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 97.
« Reply #19967 on: September 15, 2020, 12:29:16 pm »
Still not able to pick up a 2/3 year old home kit anywhere that can be personalised. Doesn't seem like there's any availability on the horizon either...

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #19968 on: September 15, 2020, 12:37:13 pm »
https://store.liverpoolfc.com/lfc-nike-infant-third-kit-20-21 the infant and baby kits they seem to have really over exaggerrated the sides of it

from looking at some close ups even on adult kits they are a bit over bearing. would be better as a stripe rather than a big splodge of a yolk
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #19969 on: September 15, 2020, 02:44:33 pm »
Good point! :D

It's often weird seeing political protests around the world and seeing some of the protesters in club shirts....not just our shirts.

And seeing people in poorer nations and slums wearing club shirts from top teams. Shows the global reach of the game.
Presume these shirts are knock-offs. But could also be ones donated to charities that ship them across.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19970 on: September 15, 2020, 02:46:21 pm »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19971 on: September 15, 2020, 02:47:42 pm »

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #19972 on: September 15, 2020, 03:15:08 pm »

A side issue, I counted 25 union jacks in that section of our fans. How times change. I was there btw and my mate had a Scottish flag which he took for the sole reason that ‘he liked the colours’ 😁

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19973 on: September 15, 2020, 04:39:17 pm »
As long as they don’t have the LFC logo on then they are spot on.

Air Max 95 are known as "110s" across the UK
YNWA.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #19974 on: September 15, 2020, 04:47:07 pm »
Air Max 95 are known as "110s" across the UK

Think you’ve quoted me by mistake. But I know, I have a pair 👍. Called 110s as they used to cost £110. I paid £130 for mine.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19975 on: September 15, 2020, 10:58:09 pm »
I've been all over Wirral today. Liverpool shirts all over the place and I finally got to see my first away top on someone since its launch. A kid at Tam O'shanters farm in Bidston had it on. It's still shit.  :-X
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19976 on: September 15, 2020, 11:06:53 pm »
A side issue, I counted 25 union jacks in that section of our fans. How times change. I was there btw and my mate had a Scottish flag which he took for the sole reason that ‘he liked the colours’ 😁
Back then, flags were hard to come by so you often had to make do with what you could nick off flag poles. I ended up with a 12ft Union flag that had seen better days, although I didn't have to nick that one. The Conservative club (Tory twats) had replaced theirs with a new one, so I knocked and asked them for their old one. I took it home and painted Liverpool FC across the middle of it in white gloss.

I know some people bagged any red flags they could get hold of off ships too. If it was red and white, it was fair game.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #19977 on: September 15, 2020, 11:27:19 pm »
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between a home/away/third 'Stadium Jersey' costing £70 and the 'vapor' ones that are £100?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19978 on: September 16, 2020, 12:01:47 am »
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between a home/away/third 'Stadium Jersey' costing £70 and the 'vapor' ones that are £100?
Different materials and quality. The expensive ones are what the players wear. The less expensive ones are replicas. Looking at them together in the club shop, the difference is very noticeable. Of course, neither are worth the ridiculous prices.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19979 on: September 16, 2020, 12:41:30 am »
Different materials and quality. The expensive ones are what the players wear. The less expensive ones are replicas. Looking at them together in the club shop, the difference is very noticeable. Of course, neither are worth the ridiculous prices.

And different fit as well. Don't buy your normal size in the vapor version.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19980 on: September 16, 2020, 12:54:09 am »
And different fit as well. Don't buy your normal size in the vapor version.
I was going to say that too, but as I hadn't tried either top on I wasn't 100% sure that the fit was different, although that looked to be the case to me. The Vapor top did look more fitted.

I imagine that unless we have a six pack and look like toned athletes, it's either the Stadium version for us or going a size or two up with the Vapor version.  ;)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19981 on: September 16, 2020, 07:06:53 am »

United fans won’t be happy if Maguire has our shirt on.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19982 on: September 16, 2020, 10:30:41 am »
United fans won’t be happy if Maguire has our shirt on.

That would actually be funny as fuck ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19983 on: September 16, 2020, 12:22:25 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19984 on: September 16, 2020, 12:38:28 pm »
Seems like a weirdly massive increase for Chelsea.
Likely down to the new sponsor (much cleaner logo) bounce and spending all that Hazard money (again) on new signings which kids want. Also that huge increase shows up the glory hunting hordes amongst their support who weren't interested in Chelsea and/or didn't buy last year's. Plus - and I'm sad to say - a classier looking home kit than our Welsh NT one.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:42:59 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #19985 on: September 16, 2020, 12:48:53 pm »
Sales are down on last year, except for the away kit, apparently.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-nike-arsenal-kit-suffers-18942290?fbclid=IwAR0eVRHxzBimh2P993USHnEKVEqg9vbFZt9KdeNV5kg6MVSQlUYAAH7s_6Q

Probably down due to availability issues in most sizes on the home stadium kit. (at time of writing you can only get a S or M from the online store) and probably due to the late release of the other 2 kits.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19986 on: September 16, 2020, 01:18:14 pm »

No worries - they'll get a big lift at the end of this season when we win the league again.

Passed someone in the street wearing the new away top yesterday - first time I've seen it close up in real life. Was surprised at how green it looked - it seems more blue in the pics I've seen. Maybe it was a knock-off version. I didn't stop to ask the guy.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19987 on: September 16, 2020, 01:39:03 pm »

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-nike-arsenal-kit-suffers-18942290?fbclid=IwAR0eVRHxzBimh2P993USHnEKVEqg9vbFZt9KdeNV5kg6MVSQlUYAAH7s_6Q

Posted in the transfer thread on this- surely Chelsea and Arsenal have had kits on sale for 3 months (since May) and ours were only released last month (early August home, middle of month for the away) so it is in no way comparable looking at total kits sold?

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19988 on: September 16, 2020, 01:39:06 pm »
I like the kit so find this news sort of odd. I'd wonder if the option of two different versions (and all that comes with that) is having an impact, but it sounds as if the Chelsea one is also doing well so who knows.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19989 on: September 16, 2020, 01:40:36 pm »
Probably down due to availability issues in most sizes on the home stadium kit. (at time of writing you can only get a S or M from the online store) and probably due to the late release of the other 2 kits.
Lies!  Availability issues only happen to New Balance!!
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19990 on: September 16, 2020, 01:40:48 pm »
I like the kit so find this news sort of odd. I'd wonder if the option of two different versions (and all that comes with that) is having an impact, but it sounds as if the Chelsea one is also doing well so who knows.

Their kit has been on sale since May

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19991 on: September 16, 2020, 01:44:31 pm »
Their kit has been on sale since May

I'm aware of that. I haven't read the article, but the way this has been reported on here and on Twitter would imply this is something of a disappointment, no? Are we supposed to glean anything from this at all then?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19992 on: September 16, 2020, 01:50:35 pm »
I'm aware of that. I haven't read the article, but the way this has been reported on here and on Twitter would imply this is something of a disappointment, no? Are we supposed to glean anything from this at all then?

I mean we are in a middle of a pandemic, with multiple kits released at once. In any case, personally I'm not arsed.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19993 on: September 16, 2020, 02:27:40 pm »
Our kits released later than both as well, strange no mention of that
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19994 on: September 16, 2020, 02:28:38 pm »
Our kits released later than both as well, strange no mention of that

Doesn’t get the same amount of clicks really - “Kit on sale for a month doesn’t sell as much as one on sale for 4 months”

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19995 on: September 16, 2020, 02:37:27 pm »
Our away kit is apparently the best selling of all aways though, regardless of when it was released. Which will probably shock quite a few in here who hate it! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19996 on: September 16, 2020, 02:54:09 pm »
Our away kit is apparently the best selling of all aways though, regardless of when it was released. Which will probably shock quite a few in here who hate it! ;D

It's almost as if these multi billion dollar sports fashion companies know what they are doing.

Go figure  ;D

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19997 on: September 16, 2020, 03:51:21 pm »
Are we supposed to glean anything from this at all then?

I'd never heard of lovethesales.com before I saw this story, so they can count this as a successful bit of self-publicity.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #19998 on: September 16, 2020, 04:49:03 pm »
Doesn’t get the same amount of clicks really - “Kit on sale for a month doesn’t sell as much as one on sale for 4 months”

Quick google search reveals that the Chelsea shirt went on sale on the 9th of July.

The article is at odds with what 4pool has previously discussed regarding sales.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #19999 on: September 16, 2020, 04:55:07 pm »
Quick google search reveals that the Chelsea shirt went on sale on the 9th of July.

The article is at odds with what 4pool has previously discussed regarding sales.

The article focuses on UK sales. Not worldwide sales.

Nike claims our kit was the best selling kit of all time for initial sales. More than Real Madrid, the Mancs, or any other footy clubs.

What sales numbers are after 6 months are, I don't think Nike or LFC are to worried.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.