Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1043432 times)

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
Re: George R. R. Martin's 'Game of Thrones' television series
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2011, 09:59:12 am »
Good lord...Episode 5 blew my brains out. Shit hits the fan.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2011, 10:12:01 am »
In theory this sort of show shouldn't interest me.  I've never been into fantasy/Lord Of The Rings type stuff but the trailers piqued my interest.  I've Sky+ each episode so far but am yet to watch them. 

Would a non-fantasy fan get any enjoyment from it ?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2011, 10:37:43 am »
Watched up to episode 4 and must say, does anything ever happen? I really hope they're just setting the foundations for shit to get real. But so far so meh.
:D

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2011, 11:03:08 am »
Safe to say the King's a real shit.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline d-smyth

• Kopite
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2011, 11:04:36 am »
Watched up to episode 4 and must say, does anything ever happen?

I haven't watched the fifth one yet, but I think things start moving a bit quicker, and shit certainly does get real.

Offline Fiend

• Want's a Mod to 'give him one'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Got Weird Enough For Me
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2011, 12:19:15 pm »
Well if you've kept up with it up till episode 5 you must surely be intrigued now. The story becomes so multi layered and there are lots of interesting characters to follow. Roll on episode 6 I say.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2011, 12:24:02 pm »
Epi5 is just plain awesome.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline lookieman

• Kopite
« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2011, 12:24:14 pm »
In theory this sort of show shouldn't interest me.  I've never been into fantasy/Lord Of The Rings type stuff but the trailers piqued my interest.  I've Sky+ each episode so far but am yet to watch them. 

Think of it as a fiction period movie with knights and kings and swords with loads of scheming and betrayal kind of fantasy instead of the  elf/dragons/wizard kind of fantasy. Thats what I got from the first book anyway.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2011, 01:56:25 pm »

Spoiler
a spear through the back of the leg - ouch. Anyone else find the kid breastfeeding on the crazy queen more disturbing than that knight cutting the horses head off? Creepy.
[close]

Enjoying this, it's quality.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2011, 03:02:05 pm »
The  poor horse!  :shocked

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2011, 03:17:11 pm »
Why did Sky have the first episode on anytime and then none of them since :no

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2011, 03:58:48 pm »
episode 5 aint up on SkyPlayer yet. Heard it was suppose to be class.

Offline d-smyth

• Kopite
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2011, 04:16:11 pm »
I didn't want it to end at all, thought there was ages left.

Offline sherwos8

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2011, 04:21:55 pm »
Amazing episode. The Varys/ Littlefinger exchange was excellent and how about the knife in that last scene. Can't wait for next week.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2011, 08:50:33 pm »
Starting to get into it now.

Latest episode was very good.

Tracy wasn't impressed with the breast feeding scene.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:52:09 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2011, 09:08:07 pm »
The books (70% through the 3rd one) are really beginning to piss me off now  :no  I have henceforth decided not to start liking any characters who seem nice/good.

George R. R Martin is a complete twat.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2011, 09:22:48 pm »
The books (70% through the 3rd one) are really beginning to piss me off now  :no  I have henceforth decided not to start liking any characters who seem nice/good.

You've got the wrong thread. This is for the TV show, and not the semi spoiler book thread.

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2011, 10:01:21 pm »
Episode 5 was brilliant! Really getting going now.
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2011, 10:03:29 pm »

George R. R Martin is a complete twat.
It's brilliant isn't it. Just fucking brilliant.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2011, 01:32:42 am »
show is very good ;) loved this episode, as someone mentioned earlier, the exchange between littlefinger and the fat guy was very good. I thought the convo between king and queen was also really good. I love Starks youngest daughter, the boy thing made me laugh out loud :P

Cant wait for next week, plz dont bother with book spoilers, srsly man why do that :/

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2011, 06:23:11 am »
The  poor horse!  :shocked

If you think that bad you should see the latest borgias  episode when cannon balls chained together are fired into the troops most gory scene I have seen on TV for a long time bit of bodies flying all over the place and shots of dismembered bodies.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2011, 10:21:06 am »
You've got the wrong thread. This is for the TV show, and not the semi spoiler book thread.

Obviously I was on about Bran who has been horrendously crippled and the butchers boy who has been killed by the hound previously. Tsschh!
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2011, 06:02:37 pm »
wow just watched episode 5, im totally hooked, great stuff

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2011, 06:41:34 pm »
Was pretty non fussed about this but stuck with it ....just watched episode 5 and it was superb can't wait for the next one now
Indeed...

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2011, 10:03:32 pm »

I think so, yes. So far, it hasn't been about massive battles, quests with magical rings, magic (think this is a no magic fantasy anyway) or anything particularly fantasy like. I wouldn't say there is much action, it is more a conversation hype type show. I think the basics that make the show great can be done with pretty much any setting: The characters and their plotting with various motives for various things while major events slowly unfold. This one just happens to be a fantasy world rather then say, medieval Rome or modern day business world.

This episode felt slightly less awesome then last week's episode. I'll never watch it again :P

Yet more new characters but fleshed out well and learnt more about some of the side ones, particularly on the council. Again, intresting watching things gently developing, learning more about characters.

Spoiler
Never been a huge fan of the King, find him a little annoying and not quite sure why Ned once followed him. I did however greatly enjoy the conversation between King Robert and his Queen, two weary individuals, damaged by the past and perhaps wary of the future.

Tyrion and his new friend look fun but Lysa Arryn is disturbing, I think Miss Stark is going to regret visiting her sister. Be intresting to see how Ned, Littlefinger and Varys react to this, surely going to need to get Tyrion out before the Lanister's getting more angry. Enjoyed the Hound and Mountain fight, Renly with his friend and the Littlefinger/Varys conversation.
[close]

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2011, 07:51:18 am »
Bit grim this week wasn't it?  ???

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2011, 09:06:12 am »
Bit grim this week wasn't it?  ???
The slurping was a bit much.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2011, 12:30:52 pm »
The slurping was a bit much.

Fucking hell me and our kid said exactly the same thing.  Was that really helping the story move on?  It was well established that the two of them were Gay from the little winks and nods they were giving each other at the joust, not to mention the fact that one was shaving the other.  Why we had the slurping noises for (what seemed like ages) I don't know.

On a brighter note, things are darkening up nicely.  Neds got major problems now, the Kings an arsehole, he's got more than one set of people conspiring against him and he looks to be quite isolated now.

Good episode.
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2011, 01:31:47 pm »
Fucking hell me and our kid said exactly the same thing.  Was that really helping the story move on?  It was well established that the two of them were Gay from the little winks and nods they were giving each other at the joust, not to mention the fact that one was shaving the other.  Why we had the slurping noises for (what seemed like ages) I don't know.

On a brighter note, things are darkening up nicely.  Neds got major problems now, the Kings an arsehole, he's got more than one set of people conspiring against him and he looks to be quite isolated now.

Good episode.
There's heterosexual sex in it too, isn't it? And lots more of it, I might add. While I'm not gay, I'm not a homophobe and I think all sex in this series has its purpose, just as all the brutal slaughterings in it have. Staggering people in the 21st century are still grossed out by this, but alright.
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2011, 02:51:42 pm »
(think this is a no magic fantasy anyway)

There is actually a little bit of magic, I think eventually the plot will involve magical elements a fair bit later on. We've already after all seen giant wolves (although the wolves in the TV show are fairly regular sized), dragons and ice monsters. The latter in particular, I'm guessing are going to be important, because the coming of winter (which apparently, comes irregularly and only every few years) is something the characters are quite serious about.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2011, 05:50:04 pm »
I've never been a fan of all that fantasy bollocks and never touched the books but I've just watched the first two episodes and really liked them. Great production values, interesting story and characters and lots of enjoyable hammy/camp acting, love it.

And once again, Dinklage delivers. Love that little fella.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2011, 06:21:54 pm »
I think the introductions are over.
Very good episode.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2011, 06:33:22 pm »
Poor fucking horse

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2011, 07:01:08 pm »
The series is picking up and I find myself wanting more at the end of each episode.  I'm not a fan of fantasy, far from it actually, but the series is doing a great job of establishing its own reality and it seems to be based on real-life issues set in a fantasy world.  That a great approach for viewers who aren't big on fantasy, because I'm fairly sure we'll follow along now that we're interested in the characters.

I applaud the length of the slurping.  Pretty tame compared to the other sex scenes in the same episode.
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2011, 07:30:18 pm »
There is actually a little bit of magic, I think eventually the plot will involve magical elements a fair bit later on. We've already after all seen giant wolves (although the wolves in the TV show are fairly regular sized), dragons and ice monsters. The latter in particular, I'm guessing are going to be important, because the coming of winter (which apparently, comes irregularly and only every few years) is something the characters are quite serious about.

Fantasy creatures count as magic? My apologies then for that misleading part of my answer.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2011, 08:20:05 pm »
Is a visual feast. Lot's of, em, lovely scenery  ;)

And a bit gruesome too!

The horse scene was pretty gross.

I've read through most of the books. To be fair to the screenplay, considering there's so much material, they're doing a good job. I would definitely read the books if you get the time. Very well written though somewhat unconventional in their character development.

And Tyrion Lannister: what a legend!

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2011, 12:03:58 pm »
Enjoying it more than i thought I would. Was sick this week so watched all 5 in a row. I think they're extremely well made even if the sex/incest/violence etc is all a bit OTT and aimed just to shock.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2011, 01:37:40 pm »
Not sure if it makes me a homophobe but I skipped the gay seen, and am delighted I did now after hearing about the slurping.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2011, 03:10:27 pm »
Enjoying it more than i thought I would. Was sick this week so watched all 5 in a row. I think they're extremely well made even if the sex/incest/violence etc is all a bit OTT and aimed just to shock.

The incest is directly from the book, and that sex scene was more graphically described in the book than what you saw on the screen. Not sure about all the violence.

Fantasy creatures count as magic? My apologies then for that misleading part of my answer.

There's other magic in it too, and it's important in several plot points. It tends to fit in well with the plot and characters though, so you don't feel the story is about the magic.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:08:02 pm by Redcap »

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2011, 03:42:39 pm »
There's other magic in it too, and it's important in several scenes. It tends to fit in well with the plot and characters though, so you don't feel the story is about the magic.

book spoiler
Spoiler
it'll be interesting to see how they approach the dragons at the end of the season, as CGI in tv tends to be rather rubbish.
[close]