Author Topic: Luis Garcia  (Read 168662 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Garcia
« Reply #840 on: February 7, 2016, 09:15:46 pm »
Just had to post something when I saw his name. Always liked him. A special player. And I still think it was him that made a very special move when I watched Barca many years ago. One of those things that impressed even the Barca crowd. And who can forget what happened when he got to play for Spain? That's Garcia. A player who made things to remember. You just have to like him.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #841 on: February 22, 2016, 10:16:46 am »

“Australia attracts a lot of people because of a lot of different culture and it’s a beautiful place to live, good points to add up.”

“I suppose like any player coming towards the end of their career wants to be in a changing room, training, competing to me was important before I retire, I didn’t want to leave home."

“But now, the club I chose have been really spot on with me and have demonstrated with me they have goals and youth."

“I’ve been over a month living here, people looked after me well, and I’m enjoying the city. Central Coast is a beautiful and incredible place to live and I’m enjoying the weather.”

“There’s nothing negative I can see. The only negative thing is the team didn’t really get the results today and we’re not doing too well."

“But the team has a lot of potential. Today I was looking forward then the game’s first half was good but we didn’t make it today.”

“The level is good (Australian football), good places with characteristics, you can see every week players take the opportunity each week to excel and they do a great job."

“It’s only a question of the youth, people focus on the youth because of their young boys in the squad."

“The junior development is the future and they’re going to be getting players out soon.”

“It was three wonderful years (at Liverpool), we were lucky to win a lot of important tournaments."

“Liverpool is a historic club, I was lucky enough to play there for many years. I’m always very grateful and I’ve enjoyed being an ambassador for the club."

“To be honest I’m not focusing on post-career at the moment, I’ve been working with TV, been an ambassador for Liverpool, I’m enjoying travelling and talking about football."

“At this point in time I don’t think about being a coach."

“I only take it a day at a time, I only concentrate with the two months I’ve got till the end of the season to put in what I’ve got."

“The club and the youth and really looking forward to see what we’ll do next season. I’ve got nothing more in plan after ahead of April.”

Offline TheFuturesRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #842 on: March 2, 2016, 07:59:54 am »
I went to an evening with Luis Garcia event last Friday. He's a really humble, funny and interesting guy. Most of his all time 16 players were Liverpool players too. Sami, Carra, Riise, Alonso, Torres and Gerrard just off the top of me head. I can't remember who else there was as there was free beer for 2 hours :)

The was only about 100 people there too, so I got a chance to chat to him briefly :)

Took some pics of the event...

This one also has the guy who got him to the Central Coast Mariners, Andrew Nealon. He was the physio at the reds from 2010 to 2012ish. Luis said when Andrew rang him, he thought it was a wind up. Same as when Rafa called him to join Liverpool :)

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: March 2, 2016, 08:05:12 am »
Deadly mate.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: April 1, 2016, 10:19:52 am »
Good goal today - still quality

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #845 on: April 24, 2016, 02:40:55 am »
After the Central Coast Mariners last game of a bad season, Luis stayed 2 hours after the match to sign autographs and say his farewells to the fans.

Class.

http://coastcommunitynews.com.au/2016/04/mariners-fans-farewell-luis-garcia/

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: May 3, 2017, 09:53:37 pm »
It was in  ;D

Does anyone remember where they were on this day 2005?
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: May 4, 2017, 02:20:31 am »
It was in  ;D

Does anyone remember where they were on this day 2005?

sitting on a coffee table watching the game, biting my nails and everything on me, sweating bullocks, losing my mind with those damn 6 minutes added on at the end. will never forget that day

Offline skerriesred

• Main Stander
  • Devuelvemela pelota.
« Reply #848 on: May 14, 2017, 09:36:48 pm »
Saw him last night in Dublin with Cisse, Hamman and Smicer.

A very funny reflection on Istanbul.

A real gent but found it very funny listening to him swear.
I think Didi had told the others that there is nothing an Irish crowd likes more than the odd f- bomb and they all took in turns to deliver much to the delight and laughter from the crowd.

They all looked uncomfortable and when Smicer dropped the C word describing his Norwegian colleague for missing the third penalty , Cisse nearly fell off his stool in embarrassed laughter.
Great fun.
" Never make a decision until you have to, because often they are made for you"
Bill Shankly

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #849 on: September 2, 2017, 04:59:25 pm »

The little man still has it ;D

Scoring here for Barcelona Legends vs Man Utd 'Legends' - https://streamable.com/seqeo  (game finished 2-2)

I imagine he got a great reception too :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #850 on: September 10, 2017, 10:36:59 pm »
Just seen one of Luis's goals from when he played for Barcelona, wonderful goal and fantastic technique from the little man.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #851 on: October 31, 2017, 05:48:56 pm »
I take it this is meant for Mourinho.  ;D

https://twitter.com/LuchoGarcia14/status/925319499028496384
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #852 on: November 1, 2017, 12:49:33 am »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: November 1, 2017, 12:53:38 am »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #854 on: November 1, 2017, 10:56:41 am »
Legend.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: November 2, 2017, 08:48:22 pm »
This will never stop being funny :lmao

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #857 on: June 24, 2019, 02:55:52 pm »
Probably have a Sangria today sometime...

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #858 on: June 24, 2019, 04:18:14 pm »
Probably have a Sangria today sometime...

Good day for it -- I shall as well!

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #859 on: November 6, 2019, 01:54:52 pm »
From the League cup thread, but probably belongs here as well.

https://twitter.com/luchogarcia14/status/1191789611707772929  ;D

Seriously though, I reckon he could do a job for us in this game and it would be fantastic to see him in a red shirt again. We are only a few injuries away from not being able to field the necessary number of players for both matches.  :P
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #860 on: November 6, 2019, 03:17:27 pm »
He's a regular guest on the Joe podcast with Kelly Cates.

I think Luis Garcia's goal against Juventus is as good as any I've ever seen. He was exceptional in the knockout stages of the CL that season and I also recall him sending us on our way to Cardiff with the winner against Chelsea at Old Trafford.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: November 6, 2019, 05:13:01 pm »
He's a regular guest on the Joe podcast with Kelly Cates.

I think Luis Garcia's goal against Juventus is as good as any I've ever seen. He was exceptional in the knockout stages of the CL that season and I also recall him sending us on our way to Cardiff with the winner against Chelsea at Old Trafford.

Great goal that.

Header against Anderlecht is one of my favourites, incredible goal.

Got a mention on Totally Football Show this week too :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: December 7, 2019, 08:56:15 pm »
From the League cup thread, but probably belongs here as well.

https://twitter.com/luchogarcia14/status/1191789611707772929  ;D

Seriously though, I reckon he could do a job for us in this game and it would be fantastic to see him in a red shirt again. We are only a few injuries away from not being able to field the necessary number of players for both matches.  :P

Ive just read that.  What a great red he is.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #863 on: February 14, 2020, 03:43:13 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #864 on: April 6, 2020, 08:25:05 pm »
15th anniversary of that goal against Juventus in the CL. Amazing to look back at that game and realize how exceptional Juventus were on paper: Buffon, Thuram, Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Camronesi, Zambrotta, Trezeguet

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: April 6, 2020, 10:11:59 pm »
15th anniversary of that goal against Juventus in the CL. Amazing to look back at that game and realize how exceptional Juventus were on paper: Buffon, Thuram, Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Camronesi, Zambrotta, Trezeguet

One of the best goals I've seen in my life. Went ballistic when it went in. We had bloody La Tallec playing and Scott Carson making his debut!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: April 8, 2020, 09:36:15 am »

What a team that was, like Milan in the final, a bunch of all time greats. We pummelled them in the first half an hour as well, something no one expected.

Garcia's role in that run I think is somewhat underrated (not by us but generally) given he scored three in the second round, and then the winners in the quaters and semis. And that Juventus goal still looks as great as did back then, love it.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #867 on: April 8, 2020, 09:53:41 am »
What a team that was, like Milan in the final, a bunch of all time greats. We pummelled them in the first half an hour as well, something no one expected.

Garcia's role in that run I think is somewhat underrated (not by us but generally) given he scored three in the second round, and then the winners in the quaters and semis. And that Juventus goal still looks as great as did back then, love it.

What a goal, what a night!

It is crazy when you look back at our line ups all the way through that run. Le Tallec from absolutely nowhere to start this game. Biscan playing virtually every knock out game with Alonso or Gerrard missing. Carson playing this game. Absolutely incredible achievement beating the sides we did.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: April 8, 2020, 11:23:21 am »
What a goal, what a night!

It is crazy when you look back at our line ups all the way through that run. Le Tallec from absolutely nowhere to start this game. Biscan playing virtually every knock out game with Alonso or Gerrard missing. Carson playing this game. Absolutely incredible achievement beating the sides we did.

Yeah, it's mad when you think about it. That's why I never got the 'luck' shouts. The squad wasn't the strongest at the best of times but we had ridiculous injuries throughout that campaign as well but Rafa somehow found a way to beat teams much stronger than ours.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #869 on: July 22, 2020, 06:42:24 pm »

'It's time to celebrate!! We've been waiting 30 years ...but, for you, for your family and friends, Celebrate it responsably. I'm celebrating at home !!
@LFC #LFCatHome #MoreThanaGame #OnceaRedAlwaysaRed'

https://twitter.com/luchogarcia14/status/1285821043815452673

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #870 on: July 22, 2020, 10:57:08 pm »
Cheers Luis, fantastic player!

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #871 on: July 24, 2020, 07:22:37 am »
A pitcher of Sangria! I knew it!
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #872 on: September 7, 2020, 01:37:46 pm »
Was watching that "Tottenham Hotspur Less than Nothing" (or whatever it's called) on Amazon Prime and they showed a bit of Jose's team talk from before the Spurs v Liverpool match back in January. He said something along the lines of: "To play against Liverpool isn't a normal thing. I have moments in my career I don't forget and when I have the opportunity to face the ghosts of my career, I like to do it."

I wonder what Jose means when he refers to the "ghosts" of his career?!  :lmao

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #873 on: September 7, 2020, 08:00:56 pm »
Was watching that "Tottenham Hotspur Less than Nothing" (or whatever it's called) on Amazon Prime and they showed a bit of Jose's team talk from before the Spurs v Liverpool match back in January. He said something along the lines of: "To play against Liverpool isn't a normal thing. I have moments in my career I don't forget and when I have the opportunity to face the ghosts of my career, I like to do it."

I wonder what Jose means when he refers to the "ghosts" of his career?!  :lmao

We've known this for years, 2005 haunts him as he bangs on about the "ghost goal" every chance he gets, like it was some deep injustice, ignoring the obvious. Luis trolls him at Halloween.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #874 on: September 7, 2020, 09:57:45 pm »
We've known this for years, 2005 haunts him as he bangs on about the "ghost goal" every chance he gets, like it was some deep injustice, ignoring the obvious. Luis trolls him at Halloween.

Luis is fucking boss...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #875 on: October 31, 2020, 08:11:13 am »
That Halloween video he’s made and put on Twitter :lmao

https://twitter.com/luchogarcia14/status/1322442152832618499?s=21
AHA!

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #876 on: October 31, 2020, 09:14:50 am »
Absolutely loved watching him play back in the day - he was just fun. Got my out of my seat and you always believed something would happen with him - it was part of why I was excited about Shaq as he has a similar sort of style.

Great video by him - clear that he loves the club still and the Sangria at the end caps it off perfectly!

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: October 31, 2020, 09:35:57 am »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: November 23, 2020, 02:33:25 pm »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."