Author Topic: The Horse Racing thread  (Read 323998 times)

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Horse Racing thread
« Reply #2160 on: June 2, 2018, 07:39:09 pm »
I think that'll turn out to be the worst Derby in years, really lacking in star quality.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2161 on: June 6, 2018, 10:54:29 am »
Denman is no more :( Truly unreal racehorse, one with a heart the size of Cheltenham.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2162 on: June 6, 2018, 10:15:54 pm »
Denman is no more :( Truly unreal racehorse, one with a heart the size of Cheltenham.

He was at his peak a bit before I got in to racing but I've seen the videos, what a champion.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2163 on: June 6, 2018, 10:17:43 pm »
He was at his peak a bit before I got in to racing but I've seen the videos, what a champion.

Won the Hennessy in 2009 giving 22 lbs away to the runner up. That's absolutely barmy.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: June 6, 2018, 10:54:49 pm »
Was an unbelievable horse in his day, perfect staying chaser just relentless from the front. Can't believe him and Kauto are both gone already!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2165 on: June 29, 2018, 12:28:45 pm »
Off to Chester again tomorrow for the 3rd time already this year.  Love it!!

Booze, Sun, Orange girls wearing next to nothing and F. Norton hopefully results in a good arl Saturday

Hope Franny has some runners :)

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2166 on: June 29, 2018, 12:56:49 pm »
Off to Chester again tomorrow for the 3rd time already this year.  Love it!!

Booze, Sun, Orange girls wearing next to nothing and F. Norton hopefully results in a good arl Saturday

Hope Franny has some runners :)
I’m going tonight. Fortunately they’ve posted that gentlemen don’t have to wear suit jackets but ties are expected. I’m going to burn so much!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2167 on: June 29, 2018, 04:09:56 pm »
I’m going tonight. Fortunately they’ve posted that gentlemen don’t have to wear suit jackets but ties are expected. I’m going to burn so much!

Nice one

Fancied tonight myself rather than tomorrow. We are in Tatts so still got to wear long trousers but polo shirts and stuff is permitted.

Norton is at York tomorrow but he's got a few rides tonight in the 18:30 and 19:05

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2168 on: July 25, 2018, 12:01:22 pm »
Full Suit Lingfield 2.20, Murphy regains the ride for a horse that won last time out at this[/size] track. A horse that finished 4th in that race has since won a class 5 (this is a class 6)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2169 on: July 30, 2018, 05:52:11 pm »
Willie Muir's yard is on absolute fire at the moment.  He's having winner after winner.  And a load of placed horses thrown in too.

Was going to do an EW Yankee on his 4 entries tonight but missed the first 2 races. A third and a 9/4 winner :no

Got on his last 2 in an EW double though and the first one won at 9/1 (I got 12/1).  Had a tenner single too. :)

His last horse is Pass The Cristal in the 18:50 at Wolves.  Nicola Currie on board who is a very capable jockey.  I got 25/1 and now into 16/1

Almost 2 grand coming my way if it wins.  A place gets me £120.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2170 on: July 30, 2018, 07:06:04 pm »
Ah well.  Never mind

W R Muir defo one to watch out for though lads.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2171 on: August 1, 2018, 06:52:28 pm »
One of the best rides you'll ever see to pull a off gamble that was going south fairly quickly by Patrick Mullins there in Galway.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2172 on: August 1, 2018, 10:29:27 pm »
Dan Skelton is on fire at the moment, lot of short prices but well worth sticking in accas, L15s etc.
Had a word that McCain will start to have a lot of runners in the next few weeks, keep an eye out for Bangor and uttoxeter is what I have been told.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: August 13, 2018, 12:52:59 pm »
Paula Muir is one of my favourite female jockeys going and I really fancy her first ride this afternoon

Riding again for M Dods.  Had a lovely 11/4 winner on this T/J combo at Haydock on Saturday

2:05 Ayr - Mecca's Spirit - 9/2

Also like Javelin in the 17:40 at Wolverhampton.  Trained by current hot trainer WR Muir who is winning me good money.  Nicola Currie on-board which is cool.

17:40 Wolves - Javelin  - 9/4

Will probably also do the 17/1 double on these two.

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2174 on: August 13, 2018, 01:09:40 pm »
Was at Haydock Saturday and foolishly avoided backing Dascombe/Kingscote, even after seeing that Teodoro was Pricewise pick In the RP. Ah well...

Pomme de Terre at Ayr 4.15 looks to have a great chance today, agree with Meccas spirit shout as well.

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2175 on: August 13, 2018, 02:29:42 pm »
Bloody Tim Easterby and David Allan won that 2:05

My mates got horses with him. Backed in to 5/1 from 11/1.

Same combo in that 4:15 which will be the big danger to Pomme De Terre I reckon

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2176 on: September 7, 2018, 07:40:03 pm »
Bloody Tim Easterby and David Allan won that 2:05

My mates got horses with him. Backed in to 5/1 from 11/1.

Same combo in that 4:15 which will be the big danger to Pomme De Terre I reckon
Takes me back to when I was part of one of those huge syndicates years ago, which was a load of horses trained by Peter Easterby, (Tim's dad).

You would have expected to get some real decent tips, but to my memory, we got mainly losers.  [emoji2955]

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2177 on: September 7, 2018, 10:35:53 pm »
Takes me back to when I was part of one of those huge syndicates years ago, which was a load of horses trained by Peter Easterby, (Tim's dad).

You would have expected to get some real decent tips, but to my memory, we got mainly losers.  [emoji2955]

Easterbys are well known for keeping info to themselves.

Anyway, might be off to Sprint Cup day at Haydock tomorrow.

2 I fancy are Hochfeld ( 3.35) and James Garfield in the sprint cup, dettori flying from Kempton after riding Enable to ride.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: September 7, 2018, 10:39:05 pm »
Hope you get a few decent prices winners. [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2179 on: September 7, 2018, 10:43:07 pm »
Hope you get a few decent prices winners. [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]

Me too, went in August and had 1 placed in 7 races.

Was at Haydock Saturday and foolishly avoided backing Dascombe/Kingscote, even after seeing that Teodoro was Pricewise pick In the RP. Ah well...

Dascombe also had a 100/1 winner there today. Unsurprisingly I didn't back that either.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2180 on: September 8, 2018, 02:10:45 pm »
Imperious stuff by Enable and Dettori there.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2181 on: September 8, 2018, 04:41:35 pm »
Willlie Muir has Data Protection running in the 4:55 Thirsk

Backed it last 2 times it won. Up in class again today but had to back him at 8.0
« Last Edit: September 8, 2018, 04:47:27 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2182 on: September 14, 2018, 08:23:34 am »
Heading to Doncaster races today, just wondering if any of you guys had any tips for a guy who normally just picks a runner by name?! I appreciate nothing is certain but at least there’d be a little logic in my picks then!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2183 on: October 1, 2018, 03:50:37 pm »
Any thoughts on the Arc this Sunday?

It’s hard to win an Arc off the back of one run but I guess if Enable is as good as she was they’re all running for second. However if it stays dry I’ll be backing Sea of Class who’s been fairly brilliant herself this year. She’s barely been asked a proper question yet so Hoping there’s more improvement.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline beefdog

• Kopite
« Reply #2184 on: November 2, 2018, 10:58:17 pm »
Draconien for the Arkle 25/1, all aboard.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2185 on: November 9, 2018, 03:48:43 pm »
Some good horses out tomorrow. Footpad vs St Calvados in Naas as well as some of last years Juvenile and Novice hurdlers across two races at Naas and Wincanton.

Redicean at 12/1 seems a generous price with a run already under his belt.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2186 on: November 9, 2018, 04:08:20 pm »
Some good horses out tomorrow. Footpad vs St Calvados in Naas as well as some of last years Juvenile and Novice hurdlers across two races at Naas and Wincanton.

Redicean at 12/1 seems a generous price with a run already under his belt.

Where are you seeing him at 12/1? I can only see him at 8/1?

Nice enough performance today from Kalashnikov on his first outing over fences. One of two small mistakes but all in all jumped pretty neatly and won comfortably on the bridle.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2187 on: November 9, 2018, 04:21:46 pm »
Where are you seeing him at 12/1? I can only see him at 8/1?

Nice enough performance today from Kalashnikov on his first outing over fences. One of two small mistakes but all in all jumped pretty neatly and won comfortably on the bridle.

Got 12/1 with Ladbrokes a short time ago, also 12/1 with Coral I think.

Yep Kalashnikov won well, as he should have given opposition. Jumped well as you say, I just wondered if he takes a touch too long in the air if you know what I mean? The best seem to gain lengths at fences with their jumping but he didn’t really. Only his first go mind.

Edit: 11/1 now with Lads, but still 12/1 with Coral. Much bigger than elsewhere, assumed that Oddschecker had it wrong but was available when I checked.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2018, 04:27:48 pm by duvva »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: November 9, 2018, 04:31:05 pm »

Yep Kalashnikov won well, as he should have given opposition. Jumped well as you say, I just wondered if he takes a touch too long in the air if you know what I mean? The best seem to gain lengths at fences with their jumping but he didn’t really. Only his first go mind.

Nice one, will have a look around. Yeah I know what you mean, I think the quicker they went the slicker his jumping got, obviously he will have tougher tests in time but I think his jumping will only improve with the step up in grade. He was a horse I followed all last season (backed Summerville Boy for the Supreme though) and think I'll be doing the same this year. Very short for the Arkle though.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: November 9, 2018, 04:32:15 pm »
Like seeing horses like Kalashnikov do well, small stables don't get many like him.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2190 on: November 9, 2018, 04:34:20 pm »
Like seeing horses like Kalashnikov do well, small stables don't get many like him.

Agree wholeheartedly Gerry, owned by the trainers father as well so you can be sure there's nothing left to chance with the training as well.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2191 on: November 18, 2018, 03:59:51 pm »
Malone Road is a very good horse.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2192 on: November 18, 2018, 04:32:23 pm »
Lalor was mighty today. Still getting no respect from odds compilers though.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2193 on: November 18, 2018, 08:02:30 pm »
Agree. Impressed by both Lalor & Malone Road today. I found Lalor more impressive than Kalashnikov but he had more to beat I suppose. You not think 7/1 at this stage a bit skinny Gerry? A long time to go til March.

Malone Road just seems to have an extra gear to others, that seemed a decent pace they went and he just quickened away as he liked from what’s supposed to be a very decent rival.

Tempted to include both in an early Cheltenham Yankee but wish I’d done it before they ran!

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2194 on: November 18, 2018, 10:30:35 pm »

Edit: 11/1 now with Lads, but still 12/1 with Coral. Much bigger than elsewhere, assumed that Oddschecker had it wrong but was available when I checked.

Using odds checker is a surefire way to get your accounts restricted online.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2195 on: November 18, 2018, 10:44:54 pm »
Using odds checker is a surefire way to get your accounts restricted online.
Don’t think I’ll ever have that problem, don’t pick enough winners for that 😁

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2196 on: November 18, 2018, 10:50:33 pm »
Don’t think I’ll ever have that problem, don’t pick enough winners for that 😁

Beating SP consistently can be a trigger, even if you don't win as you can be viewed as an arber.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2197 on: November 19, 2018, 12:50:17 pm »
Beating SP consistently can be a trigger, even if you don't win as you can be viewed as an arber.
I was under the impression that I’d need to be consistently laying off for profiton betfair for that

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2198 on: November 19, 2018, 08:30:43 pm »
Lalor looked good didn’t he, can’t help but love his jumping technique. Far more polished at this stage than Kalashnikov but can’t help this Kalashnikov has the bigger engine for me. 7/1 a silly price at this point either way. Performance of the weekend was Sceau Royal for me, his jumping is perfection for 2m chasing. I think he wins the champion chase this season.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2199 on: November 19, 2018, 09:07:45 pm »
Lalor looked good didn’t he, can’t help but love his jumping technique. Far more polished at this stage than Kalashnikov but can’t help this Kalashnikov has the bigger engine for me. 7/1 a silly price at this point either way. Performance of the weekend was Sceau Royal for me, his jumping is perfection for 2m chasing. I think he wins the champion chase this season.
Even if Altior runs there?