Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754516 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2200 on: October 18, 2018, 08:46:08 pm »
One of the better Instagram posts I've ever seen.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2201 on: October 18, 2018, 08:49:04 pm »
That's an anti-gravity treadmill, he'll be running on it at a certain percentage of his body weight to help reduce the impact on the surgery. It's been proven to help accelerate rehab and reduce reinjury rates by allowing clubs to slowly reintegrate aerobic fitness and loading through running. It's a good sign but still a long way to go.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2202 on: October 18, 2018, 08:50:56 pm »
That's an anti-gravity treadmill, he'll be running on it at a certain percentage of his body weight to help reduce the impact on the surgery. It's been proven to help accelerate rehab and reduce reinjury rates by allowing clubs to slowly reintegrate aerobic fitness and loading through running. It's a good sign but still a long way to go.

So you're saying he'll be fit by January, right?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2203 on: October 18, 2018, 09:13:30 pm »
So you're saying he'll be fit by January, right?

Arsenal on the 3rd of November or nothing surely.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2204 on: October 18, 2018, 09:16:35 pm »
Must be an enormous lift for him...

A professional athlete unable to run for so long... that first session of running (although assisted) must be such a buzz...

But it’s such a long road back for him.  He’s got such a serious injury...  Im just interested in whether his meniscus was ok... it may be the small silver lining if true...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #2205 on: October 18, 2018, 09:57:08 pm »
I must admit I hadn't realised the gravity of the situation.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2206 on: October 18, 2018, 09:59:27 pm »
I must admit I hadn't realised the gravity of the situation.

Or the antigravity of the situation

You shouldn’t make light of it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2207 on: October 18, 2018, 10:00:27 pm »
Obviously the biggest issue was the physical damage he suffered but is the challenge for Oxlade-Chamberlain more mental or physical?

Also is a player like Ox more likely to be hindered in his game because he is deemed an explosive player who relies on his running and dribbling?

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2208 on: October 18, 2018, 10:18:42 pm »
What a great milestone for Ox. Still a long road ahead but has got to be a nice lift for him.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2209 on: October 18, 2018, 10:27:41 pm »
Obviously the biggest issue was the physical damage he suffered but is the challenge for Oxlade-Chamberlain more mental or physical?

Also is a player like Ox more likely to be hindered in his game because he is deemed an explosive player who relies on his running and dribbling?
I think Alex is a mentally strong person. Certainly seems to come across that way.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2210 on: October 19, 2018, 06:49:30 am »

No.

This is a very very serious injury.  In this case the physical recovery is bigger.  It’s 3 serious injuries at once.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #2211 on: October 19, 2018, 07:45:16 am »

Definitely the fear, but he's also got the intelligence to adapt...look at Lallana, for example. There's things you can't do without elite pace, but you can still be a highly effective footballer without it.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #2212 on: October 19, 2018, 09:35:02 am »
Love this guy

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2213 on: October 19, 2018, 10:09:08 am »
Or the antigravity of the situation

You shouldn’t make light of it.

Well you certainly brought him back down to earth with a bump!!

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2214 on: October 19, 2018, 10:23:19 am »
Well you certainly brought him back down to earth with a bump!!
I am over the moon seeing this post!

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2215 on: October 19, 2018, 11:03:41 am »
I do worry about him. This is not your standard ACL injury which in itself is one where you can often take a drop in physical abilities when fully recovered. I’ve never thought of Ox of being a particularly intelligent player but rather one that relies on his physical abilities. If he loses some of his explosiveness and mobility I do wonder if he’ll be able to genuinely compete for a spot in our side. On the plus side, we have a coach who has shown that he is incredibly cautious when it comes to players who are recovering from long term injury. He certainly won’t be mismanaged by the medical/coaching staff.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2216 on: October 19, 2018, 12:11:05 pm »
Love this guy

Me too. Broke my heart this one (just after the CL final).

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2217 on: October 19, 2018, 01:44:06 pm »
Good to see him running again.

I hope we get to see him at the tail end of the season to get some minutes then he can get a full pre season in the summer.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2218 on: October 19, 2018, 04:11:04 pm »
Good to see him running again.

I hope we get to see him at the tail end of the season to get some minutes then he can get a full pre season in the summer.

I really don't think that's likely and I wouldn't want to be putting any pressure on him at all after the severity of the injury. If he's starting to come off the bench this time next year I think it would be a blessing all things considered.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2219 on: November 15, 2018, 05:09:50 pm »
Posted some pretty positive looking fitness videos on his social media
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2220 on: November 15, 2018, 05:11:08 pm »
Posted some pretty positive looking fitness videos on his social media
Positive enough for him to return sooner rather than later?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2221 on: November 15, 2018, 05:19:48 pm »
Positive enough for him to return sooner rather than later?

No idea :D

But hammering it on an exercise bike and lifting weights with his bad leg
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2222 on: November 15, 2018, 05:46:59 pm »
No idea :D

But hammering it on an exercise bike and lifting weights with his bad leg
Hoping he can make it for our run in but that’s probably being overly optimistic. Still, glad he’s making decent progress.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2223 on: November 15, 2018, 06:07:38 pm »
Hoping he can make it for our run in but that’s probably being overly optimistic. Still, glad he’s making decent progress.

I think even if he does he'll still have a niggle here and there, everyone always does coming back from injury. We definitely need him though

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2224 on: November 15, 2018, 06:52:46 pm »
I think even if he does he'll still have a niggle here and there, everyone always does coming back from injury. We definitely need him though

I think Gomez had niggles on his comeback. Hoping Chamberlain comes back fit and raring to go. Another good lad.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2225 on: November 15, 2018, 08:13:29 pm »
We'll need him to defend the title.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #2226 on: November 16, 2018, 01:17:58 pm »
Cant wait to see our boy Alex on the pitch again, I am sure he will get back to full speed!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2227 on: November 16, 2018, 03:35:43 pm »
Think Ox will need about two years before he's close to what he was before.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2228 on: November 16, 2018, 03:41:55 pm »
Cant wait to see our boy Alex on the pitch again, I am sure he will get back to full speed!

Have to hope and pray he does

Looks in a very postive state of mind in his instagram today ;)

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #2229 on: November 16, 2018, 04:55:50 pm »
Think Ox will need about two years before he's close to what he was before.
That's a bit steep isn't it DF? I was thinking he'd be starting games mid way through next season, maybe not at his best to begin with but pushing close to that level eventually.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2230 on: November 16, 2018, 05:00:29 pm »
That's a bit steep isn't it DF? I was thinking he'd be starting games mid way through next season, maybe not at his best to begin with but pushing close to that level eventually.

I didn't say he wouldn't play but in terms of getting back to his actual condition that he was in in prior to his injury, I believe  it could take that long. Look at Falcao and how he looked after he did his ACL. Wasn't the same player at United and Chelsea, and didn't get back to a decent level until Monaco which was 2 years after his operation.

Gomez did his ACL in 2015, came back and got injured again in training and was out for 2 years in full.

There are loads of examples in american football with this as well.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2231 on: November 16, 2018, 05:06:54 pm »
Look at Falcao and how he looked after he did his ACL. Wasn't the same player at United and Chelsea, and didn't get back to a decent level until Monaco which was 2 years after his operation.

Van Gaal's United and Mourinho's last Chelsea season.

Hardly that surprising he wasn't as good as he had been previously!

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #2232 on: November 16, 2018, 05:07:33 pm »
I didn't say he wouldn't play but in terms of getting back to his actual condition that he was in in prior to his injury, I believe  it could take that long. Look at Falcao and how he looked after he did his ACL. Wasn't the same player at United and Chelsea, and didn't get back to a decent level until Monaco which was 2 years after his operation.

Gomez did his ACL in 2015, came back and got injured again in training and was out for 2 years in full.

There are loads of examples in american football with this as well.
Ah ok, I'm not the best with different injury types, though it's obvious it was a nasty one for Ox. Do we have the luxury of being without him fully firing for 2 years? We're doing well so far this season, but I think most would agree we've lacked in penetration and creativity from midfield also.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2233 on: November 16, 2018, 05:09:09 pm »
Van Gaal's United and Mourinho's last Chelsea season.

Hardly that surprising he wasn't as good as he had been previously!

While i understand your point, neither of those have anything to do with how he was moving prior to his injury and during that stint there.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2234 on: November 16, 2018, 05:09:58 pm »
Ah ok, I'm not the best with different injury types, though it's obvious it was a nasty one for Ox. Do we have the luxury of being without him fully firing for 2 years? We're doing well so far this season, but I think most would agree we've lacked in penetration and creativity from midfield also.

I think we need another player of his ilk [ala Fekir] regardless of his condition, we won't know how Ox will be until he starts playing next season.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2235 on: November 16, 2018, 05:14:09 pm »
I think we need another player of his ilk [ala Fekir] regardless of his condition, we won't know how Ox will be until he starts playing next season.

Agree. Though not Fekir himself. No point covering one injured player with another who allegedly failed his medical. There are plenty of these kind of players around, surely? Maybe not the absolute top quality, but someone who can play the role and fit the system? We are missing Alex so badly. I mean, we're getting good results, but the midfield just hasn't looked right, and it's led to Firmino dropping deeper, which hurts the front line too.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2236 on: November 16, 2018, 05:27:16 pm »
Agree. Though not Fekir himself. No point covering one injured player with another who allegedly failed his medical. There are plenty of these kind of players around, surely? Maybe not the absolute top quality, but someone who can play the role and fit the system? We are missing Alex so badly. I mean, we're getting good results, but the midfield just hasn't looked right, and it's led to Firmino dropping deeper, which hurts the front line too.

Yes absolutely, wasn't thinking of actually signing Fekir as that ship has sailed, but a player of his abilities and qualities as you pointed out.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2237 on: November 16, 2018, 05:27:53 pm »

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #2238 on: November 16, 2018, 05:31:16 pm »
Be interesting to see what happens with the Fekir alternative. If it's someone who fits the system immediately and helps the front 3, I see no reason why we won't be back to banging in 3/4/5 a game at the start of next season, not that I'm disappointed with one nil's. As Nessy says it's not helping Bobby having that void behind the strikers.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2239 on: November 16, 2018, 05:53:49 pm »
Watching that video, he's a top lad, top character. Great to see him being positive