Author Topic: The Apprentice 2019  (Read 13115 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: The Apprentice 2019
« Reply #120 on: November 7, 2019, 06:09:27 pm »
This going to be a controversial view, but I kind of understand where Lottie is going with her comments about Thomas. Now I'm not saying he doesn't have his good points, but he can get completely carried away on the tasks. Yes, he is enthusiastic about things, but sometimes you need to stick to the script rather than letting your imagination rule your common sense. If it was coming from someone other than Lottie (who has no people skills), I would suggest that other people might have agreed with the comments a little more. I thought the right team won yesterday even if their marketing was a bit naff, as the idea was quite original. I mean if you are going to go for the rollercoaster with the most turns, why would you not mention it on the poster? They deserved to lose for that mistake alone.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: November 7, 2019, 06:30:52 pm »
This going to be a controversial view, but I kind of understand where Lottie is going with her comments about Thomas. Now I'm not saying he doesn't have his good points, but he can get completely carried away on the tasks. Yes, he is enthusiastic about things, but sometimes you need to stick to the script rather than letting your imagination rule your common sense. If it was coming from someone other than Lottie (who has no people skills), I would suggest that other people might have agreed with the comments a little more.

I agree with you. It's not necessarily what she says, it's the way she says it. Never heard someone so condescending and patronising to others at 19 years of age.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #122 on: November 7, 2019, 07:11:09 pm »
Yep, Thomas needs to be reigned in and managed, but she's such a condescending bellend and talks to him like a child.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: November 7, 2019, 07:16:39 pm »
Thought it was actually a decent task. Any decent leader would maximise Thomas enthusiasm and creativity and channel it efficiently. Even with highly edited clips he doesn't come across that argumentative or unprofessional. Fact is everyone has cottoned onto his personality and will use it as a scapegoat at every possible opportunity even when everyone else on the task offered fuck all. For once Sugar made the right call in keeping him out of the boardroom. The others are snide fucks
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 7, 2019, 07:21:16 pm »
Yep, Thomas needs to be reigned in and managed, but she's such a condescending bellend and talks to him like a child.

I would agree she has absolutely no people skills at all.  :o

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #125 on: November 7, 2019, 07:45:27 pm »
Thomas is just as condescending, he just does it in some faux friendly way in an attempt to hide it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #126 on: November 7, 2019, 08:11:06 pm »
Thomas is just as condescending, he just does it in some faux friendly way in an attempt to hide it.

You can make an argument that any of them are condescending, but when you have the entire internet saying it about Lottie, it does indicate she's way more condescending than any of the rest.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #127 on: November 7, 2019, 09:28:17 pm »
You can make an argument that any of them are condescending, but when you have the entire internet saying it about Lottie, it does indicate she's way more condescending than any of the rest.

I’m yet to believe that the entire internet saying anything means much to be honest given the amount of idiots on it  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #128 on: November 7, 2019, 09:43:08 pm »
I’m yet to believe that the entire internet saying anything means much to be honest given the amount of idiots on it  ;D

Touché.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 8, 2019, 09:17:26 am »
For some reason I actually quite like Lottie  ;D

Also preferred the rollercoaster concept that lost. The entire branding around the other was just a shit show and their concept really wasn’t that clear in the coaster design either.

I think the rollercoaster that won was just a lot more practical? Now I'm no rollercoaster expert, but the one the losing team created just seemed unfeasible as an actual ride, in terms of how much it would cost to make and what it would actually do to people who went on it. The one that won was much more simple but still had a uniqueness about it given that it had the backwards drop. You could tell when the participants did the VR that they enjoyed the ride a lot more than they did with the losing one.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2019, 09:19:00 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #130 on: November 8, 2019, 10:52:11 am »
Cringing so hard when the Dream/Nightmare team did their little intro on the stage.
JFT97

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 8, 2019, 12:22:33 pm »
Plumber who won a couple of years ago.

Yeah and Sugar will have learned his lesson. That partnership went sour fairly quickly after the show didn't it?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 8, 2019, 12:28:06 pm »
Ryan-Mark on Saw was absolutely hilarious

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 8, 2019, 01:14:46 pm »
Starting to think Scarlett might win or at least get to the final. Seems the most level headed and sensible out of the lot of them.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #134 on: November 8, 2019, 01:16:51 pm »
I'm expecting to see Lewis in the final and maybe Carina.  After that, no idea.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2019, 09:34:54 pm »
What dumb fuck thinks its more appealing to have that fat cherub in front of the camera rather than Jemelin?

Online Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2019, 09:37:41 pm »
Bloody hell this is all cringe. Bit weird though how are you meant to do a marketing video if you only have a few random screening locations to choose from?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2019, 09:48:40 pm »
I liked the Finland logo that Essex Man put together.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2019, 09:48:46 pm »
Could have done without seeing that fellas ballbag to be honest.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2019, 10:00:39 pm »
I liked the Finland logo that Essex Man put together.

Yeah, the logo was pretty good. Shame the rest of the campaign was so poor.

Both were fairly dreadful again really.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2019, 08:09:25 am »
All 3 could have gone last night. Cant stand that American woman - all she does is try to shout others down. Ryan-Mark gets away with murder; what's all this 'I will try and be the PM next week ' bollocks about? Sugar should have just made him PM.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2019, 09:08:48 am »
Another task where's it's painfully obvious they're just setup to fail. How on earth are they supposed to put together an ad campaign including a billboard and video ad showcasing Finland when they have access to one filming location and a studio back in London. Not like they could go from place to place getting swooping aerial shots is it?

I actually don't think either team was that bad this week given the circumstances.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2019, 09:15:31 am »
Could have done without seeing that fellas ballbag to be honest.
Sugar doing a double take watching the ad was so fucking funny. Dean got lucky he won as he is a useless twat.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2019, 10:50:53 am »
"There is nothing in that video that shows me you're advertising Finland"

What about the big fucking Finland logo in the corner of the screen?! What else can you do to show off Finland when you're made to film in one very rural location??
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2019, 11:16:21 am »
The American girl is really sly but it was weird seeing her setting up her narrative of Thomas being to blame and then not bringing him in.  Dunno if she bottled it or felt the mood shift in the boardroom.

Dean is garbage.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2019, 12:00:20 am »
Marianne should've gone. She's been useless throughout. Didn't think the video was that bad to be honest.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2019, 04:01:30 am »
Tom v Lewis final I reckon
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2019, 09:35:15 am »
It's been a poor year on the candidate front this year

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2019, 04:24:42 pm »
Just watched it.

What a cringe episode, that losing team choosing a one weekend event to showcase Finland in Summertime was one of the worst decisions I've seen on that show.

Not one of them realised or questioned that their Ad campaign only targeted a small percentage of Brits.

Hopefully Lottie and Toryboy go up against each other as PM's next week.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2019, 05:32:39 pm »
Just watched it.

What a cringe episode, that losing team choosing a one weekend event to showcase Finland in Summertime was one of the worst decisions I've seen on that show.

Not one of them realised or questioned that their Ad campaign only targeted a small percentage of Brits.

That's hardly going to improve the standard of the show. But I agree its about time both led for a change instead of hiding away and criticising everyone else.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2019, 05:43:19 pm »
Just watched it.

I don't watch normally, but flicking through the channels last night I saw a few minutes of it.

Is Tory Boy that cod-faced little shit of a character?

That programme looked like an Abu Dhabi FC get-together. Everyone blaming everyone but themselves for things.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2019, 10:28:04 am »
I don't watch normally, but flicking through the channels last night I saw a few minutes of it.

Is Tory Boy that cod-faced little shit of a character?

That programme looked like an Abu Dhabi FC get-together. Everyone blaming everyone but themselves for things.
Yeah that's the one, he reminds me of that Harry Enfield character.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2019, 08:03:06 pm »
Tom v Lewis final I reckon
Can't see Lewis getting that far after his spat with Sugar on Twitter haha.

Think Scarlett has it in the bag if her business plan is good. Best by far.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2019, 08:46:13 pm »
Yeah that's the one, he reminds me of that Harry Enfield character.
Ah yes, I remember him now.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2019, 09:30:37 pm »
Where can I find a Lottie? I need my own Lottie.

Online Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2019, 09:41:51 pm »
Where can I find a Lottie? I need my own Lottie.

Wherever the Devil leaves the rest of his spawn. Hell presumably?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2019, 09:47:53 pm »
Just knew the utter shit team would somehow win that. Ludicrous

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2019, 09:51:13 pm »
Bullshit that Lottie's team won that. Swap the businesses around and it would have been a huge victory for Ryan-Mark. Only one vegetarian and no intolerances on Lottie's train, and a fun group that would have demanded a lot bigger refund if the experience was boring on Ryan-Mark's.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2019, 10:05:58 pm »
Bullshit that Lottie's team won that. Swap the businesses around and it would have been a huge victory for Ryan-Mark. Only one vegetarian and no intolerances on Lottie's train, and a fun group that would have demanded a lot bigger refund if the experience was boring on Ryan-Mark's.

Couldn't care less he's a sexist pig sticking the women in the kitchen like that. Then predictably trying to bring both women back being the coward that he is. Even worse was the fact that he didn't listen to his clients. It was a pathetic effort by him. Neither team was good but he deserved to go due to his cowardice.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2019, 10:22:54 pm »
Couldn't care less he's a sexist pig sticking the women in the kitchen like that. Then predictably trying to bring both women back being the coward that he is. Even worse was the fact that he didn't listen to his clients. It was a pathetic effort by him. Neither team was good but he deserved to go due to his cowardice.

Think it's harsh to call him sexist for putting the women in the kitchen. The natural thing given the teams the day before would have been to have Pamela and Thomas, but Thomas needed to be front of house given his character. It was then a 50/50 choice of swapping him for Marianne or Lewis.

Trying to bring Pamela back to the boardroom was ridiculous though and I'd agree was based on gender first and foremost. Although Pamela herself was guilty of the worst bit of sexism in the series so far.