Author Topic: Gini Wijnaldum  (Read 59139 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gini Wijnaldum
« Reply #400 on: October 30, 2021, 09:34:37 am »
Dickhead should have signed the multi million pound contract we offered him, he'd have been happy and enjoying his football.

A move from LFC is a step down.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: October 30, 2021, 09:43:18 am »
We miss him in the big games as he was very good at keeping the ball and containing the opposition. He was a liability when we played fodder as he was too negative with the ball and the number of goals we scored this season is a testament to that.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: October 30, 2021, 01:36:12 pm »
I hope we get them in the CL knockouts.

It will be a massacre in the Spring, when they are undercooked like usual playing in a Farmer's League and we are firing on all cylinders going into the crunch part of the season.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: October 31, 2021, 09:04:00 pm »
I'd take him back on loan in January. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #404 on: October 31, 2021, 09:48:01 pm »

as would I. Really miss him.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: November 4, 2021, 12:36:48 am »
Presuming the two goals he scored in the CL will get them off his back now? Oh wait - they drew so probably not.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: November 4, 2021, 11:42:50 am »
He looked well snarky on the pitch last night - I think that serves him well. Can’t help but wish Gini well - his contribution for us was immense.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: December 8, 2021, 08:30:59 pm »
That worked out well didn't' it Gini?  :D

PSG willing to listen to offers for Georginio Wijnaldum to go out on loan next month. Player would be open to a move back to Premier League. Arsenal thought to be an option.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #408 on: December 8, 2021, 08:43:26 pm »
Back to Newcastle? They can afford his demands now!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: December 8, 2021, 08:45:26 pm »

hes much better than that

Howe wouldnt know how to use him
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: December 8, 2021, 09:18:37 pm »
That worked out well didn't' it Gini?  :D

comical. I shouldn't laugh but......

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: December 8, 2021, 09:25:49 pm »
It would be funny if they turned down the chance to sign him to get someone like Coutinho, and Gini came back to us, and was back to to his fantastic best.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #412 on: December 8, 2021, 10:00:17 pm »
Qatar won't do business with the Saudis, I'm pretty sure.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: December 8, 2021, 10:02:08 pm »
Qatar won't do business with the Saudis, I'm pretty sure.
They worked out their differences, although I still feel there's some tension there.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #414 on: December 8, 2021, 10:58:27 pm »
Would love him back here. It’s not like he refused to train or anything. He’d slot back in and do a great job for us again. As with most players, our coaches know how to get the best out of him.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: December 8, 2021, 11:02:00 pm »
Would love him back here. It’s not like he refused to train or anything. He’d slot back in and do a great job for us again. As with most players, our coaches know how to get the best out of him.

Only if they paid 2/3 of his wages. 8)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #416 on: December 9, 2021, 12:43:26 am »
PSG willing to listen to offers for Georginio Wijnaldum to go out on loan next month. Player would be open to a move back to Premier League. Arsenal thought to be an option.

That's just disgusting. Why sign the guy and pay him a shitload of money just to loan him out half a year later?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #417 on: December 9, 2021, 12:57:23 am »
That's just disgusting. Why sign the guy and pay him a shitload of money just to loan him out half a year later?

Maybe he didn't perform to expectations?

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #418 on: December 9, 2021, 01:10:42 am »
Maybe he didn't perform to expectations?

He probably didn't, but I doubt PSG really cared about that whether it's now or when they signed him. They're just signing players for the sake of signing them and therefore are fucking up the whole business more and more. It's like what Bayern used to do  in Germany by signing all the promising players  and not giving a fuck, whether they get into their team. The only thing they care about is that no one else can have them. It's just that PSG are doing it on a different level, because they have found an bottomless money pit.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #419 on: December 9, 2021, 01:41:58 am »
He probably didn't, but I doubt PSG really cared about that whether it's now or when they signed him. They're just signing players for the sake of signing them and therefore are fucking up the whole business more and more. It's like what Bayern used to do  in Germany by signing all the promising players  and not giving a fuck, whether they get into their team. The only thing they care about is that no one else can have them. It's just that PSG are doing it on a different level, because they have found an bottomless money pit.
I think they really misjudged what kind of player Gini is, and what they needed in that position. And they grossly overpaid him. Gini must thank Klopp to the end of his days for the kind of money PSG is paying him.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #420 on: December 9, 2021, 06:40:44 am »

Would he slot back in? Who would you take out? Thiago? Fabinho? or Henderson?  He'd be fighting for a place with Curtis, Harvey when he's back from injury, Oxlade-Chaberlain, Tyler Morton... The team has moved on without him.

I feel a bit for Gini but he fucked up when he left. PSG was a bad move for him. They're a plastic galactico club in a second-rate league and his particular skill set isn't what they want.  And his other option was a Barcelona team in serious decline.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #421 on: December 9, 2021, 09:26:03 am »
We've moved on from Gini. Ever evolving and I'd rather give the minutes to one of the very talented youngsters we have on our hands.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #422 on: December 9, 2021, 09:27:49 am »
hes much better than that

Got to agree with that. He's not the type to join a sportwashing oil club purely for money....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: December 9, 2021, 09:32:42 am »
I'd take him back on a moderate wage, as I like the idea of experienced players and squad depth, especially with ACON coming up. We're still in both cups too.

But he'd likely not come here for what we would offer him, salary wise; and I certainly wouldn't bring him back permanently after losing him on a free. Makes no business sense.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: December 9, 2021, 10:47:44 am »
Got to agree with that. He's not the type to join a sportwashing oil club purely for money....

I clearly meant Newcastle as a team at the bottom of the league, if you want to understand the motvies and morality of a player signing for such a club, ask James Milner
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: December 9, 2021, 12:24:28 pm »
I clearly meant Newcastle as a team at the bottom of the league, if you want to understand the motvies and morality of a player signing for such a club, ask James Milner

Remember, though, young James quickly clocked onto what he had let himself in for and moved to a proper club when he could.  ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: December 9, 2021, 12:31:03 pm »

I dont need to ask James Milner a thing, we've got a far more recent and relevant example :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: December 9, 2021, 12:34:15 pm »
I dont need to ask James Milner a thing, we've got a far more recent and relevant example :)

more relevant?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: December 9, 2021, 12:37:22 pm »
more relevant?

....yes? A player associated with Liverpool, able to discuss the morality and motives of joining a sportswashing oil club. I feel like I dont need to point you towards his thread because you're in it.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: December 9, 2021, 12:40:15 pm »

Like Gini but no thanks. We are well stocked in that position anyway. Nailed on back to Newcastle imo.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: December 9, 2021, 12:42:11 pm »
....yes? A player associated with Liverpool, able to discuss the morality and motives of joining a sportswashing oil club. I feel like I dont need to point you towards his thread because you're in it.

Why is Wijnaldum, a more relevant example than Milner for joining a sportswashing oil club.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: December 9, 2021, 12:46:56 pm »

Tbf we did the exact same thing with Taki
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: December 9, 2021, 12:50:30 pm »
Why is Wijnaldum, a more relevant example than Milner for joining a sportswashing oil club.

Because one was over a decade ago and one was four months ago....?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: December 9, 2021, 01:22:16 pm »
Because one was over a decade ago and one was four months ago....?

:lmao   

maybe Milly cant remember in his old age

or maybe you are struggling to admit you deliberately misinterpreted what I said to criticise Wijnaldum

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #434 on: December 9, 2021, 01:48:17 pm »
Would he slot back in? Who would you take out? Thiago? Fabinho? or Henderson?  He'd be fighting for a place with Curtis, Harvey when he's back from injury, Oxlade-Chaberlain, Tyler Morton... The team has moved on without him.

I feel a bit for Gini but he fucked up when he left. PSG was a bad move for him. They're a plastic galactico club in a second-rate league and his particular skill set isn't what they want.  And his other option was a Barcelona team in serious decline.

Could still do with him in the squad as he wasn't replaced in the summer (we'll presumably sign someone this summer). Games like Brighton we've really ended up short in there when we've had injuries.

He wouldn't have been first choice last season had we ever been able to pick Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago as a midfield. One of them out and he'd still be next in line and therefore (with injuries/suspensions/rotation factored in) get a lot of starts or if not then be a sub on 60.

Can't see it happening anyway but would be happy to see him back on loan to tide us over till he's replaced in the summer with a younger player.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 01:50:25 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: December 9, 2021, 01:50:29 pm »
Could still do with him in the squad as he wasn't replaced in the summer (we'll presumably sign someone this summer).

He wouldn't have been first choice last season had we even been able to pick Fabinho/Henderson or Thiago as a midfield. One of them out and he'd still be next in line and therefore (with injuries/suspensions/rotation factored in) get a lot of starts or if not then be a sub on 60.

Can't see it happening anyway but would be happy to see him back on loan to tide us over till he's replaced in the summer with a younger player.

He was replaced last year with the signing of Thiago. This season the plan was obviously to give the other minutes to Elliot and Jones. Your crusade is tiresome, just give it a rest.

The emergence of Tyler Morton wouldn't have happened this year if he was here also. All in all positives all round.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 01:52:06 pm by FlashGordon »
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: December 9, 2021, 01:56:23 pm »
:lmao   

maybe Milly cant remember in his old age

or maybe you are struggling to admit you deliberately misinterpreted what I said to criticise Wijnaldum

Why would I need to deliberately misinterpret something you said to criticise Wijnaldum? I'm quite happy to do so without your valuable and insightful input Kenny ;)

It was more confusion at why you decided to drag Milner into the conversation, when he joined Man City over a decade ago when their 'goal' was a lot less clear. He was also a young player who had won absolutely fuck all at the time, I'm sure you don't need a diagram to see the difference between that and someone who has won the lot in the previous few seasons of his career quite clearly aiming for a big final pay day at an oil club.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: December 9, 2021, 02:26:08 pm »
Why would I need to deliberately misinterpret something you said to criticise Wijnaldum? I'm quite happy to do so without your valuable and insightful input Kenny ;)

It was more confusion at why you decided to drag Milner into the conversation, when he joined Man City over a decade ago when their 'goal' was a lot less clear. He was also a young player who had won absolutely fuck all at the time, I'm sure you don't need a diagram to see the difference between that and someone who has won the lot in the previous few seasons of his career quite clearly aiming for a big final pay day at an oil club.

if you want to criticise him for going to PSG do so without twisting my words.  its obvious why the move was compared with Milners

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #438 on: December 9, 2021, 03:16:39 pm »
He was replaced last year with the signing of Thiago. This season the plan was obviously to give the other minutes to Elliot and Jones. Your crusade is tiresome, just give it a rest.

The emergence of Tyler Morton wouldn't have happened this year if he was here also. All in all positives all round.

I'm just saying if we got him for a few months in Jan, hypothetically, there'd be a role for him and he'd get plenty of game time. It'd help with any title push, especially if he's properly motivated and gets his previous level back. Thiago is a top class player, it's a question of how many games he's available for.

The emergence of Morton is very promising as well as Elliot. The issue with the midfield is just the constant churn of injuries (and injury prone players) and it's left us really short at times. Gini would always end up playing every week because he was the one who was always available which has been missed. I've no real issue with the decision to let him go, it made sense overall, but Keita has kept on getting injured (and there's the AFCON) and we got unlucky with Elliot getting a bad injury (and a freakish injury for Jones) so Gini on loan would be ideal to help us through this season and give us time to assess what we want to do in the summer.

I don't think Gini being here would have stopped Morton getting his chance in the League Cup either FWIW and the impression he made earned him the CL starts once we'd had the group won.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 03:26:31 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: December 9, 2021, 03:25:56 pm »
I'm just saying if we got him for a few months in Jan, hypothetically, there'd be a role for him and he'd get plenty of game time. It'd help with any title push, especially if he's properly motivated and gets his previous level back. Thiago is a top class player, it's a question of how many games he's available for.

The emergence of Morton is very promising as well as Elliot. The issue with the midfield is just the constant churn of injuries (and injury prone players) and it's left us really short at times. Gini would always end up playing every week because he was the one who was always available. I've no real issue with the decision to let him go, it made sense overall, but Keita has kept on getting injured (and there's the AFCON) and we got unlucky with Elliot getting a bad injury (and a freakish injury for Jones) so Gini on loan would be ideal to help us through this season and give us time to assess what we want to do in the summer.

We've evolved and left him behind. He was a great servant for us and is a great footballer, just not for us anymore.