Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 525172 times)

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2020, 11:36:07 am »
Our 2nd string forwards look really strong with Jota joining us.

Origi
Jota.   
Minamino.   
Shaqiri
Brewster

I think we could do well in the domestic cups this year and I think a few of them get a lot of games this year. Exciting.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2020, 11:44:06 am »
Our 2nd string forwards look really strong with Jota joining us.

Origi
Jota.   
Minamino.   
Shaqiri
Brewster

I think we could do well in the domestic cups this year and I think a few of them get a lot of games this year. Exciting.

Agreed. Not just because of Jota jjoinng, but also because we seem to be looking to play a bit more 4231

If fit, it finally gives Shaqiri a more natural role that plays to his strengths. Likewise Minamino.

If Origi stays, and he's not playing in a front three, he'll have less responsibility to link up or press intelligently off the ball which will help him not look the odd one out in our set up. Same probably applies to Brewster, although we haven't seen enough of him wide to see if is more capable a passer and mover than Origi.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2020, 11:45:44 am »
I learned my mistake after thinking that we payed too much for Mane at the time he joined.

A lot of similarities to that deal and the player we signed at the time.. But we're in a much better position now and can let him develop without the pressure of needing to perform straight away.

He's at the age profile he's going to be peaking at right about the same time that one of Mane/Salah leave.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2020, 11:48:48 am »
He some I’ve always been thoroughly impressed with whenever I’ve seen him. And reading up on him I’m sure he’ll be a hit. He’s got pace, skill, can produce goals and assists, and he is hardworking. So I’m sure he will hit the ground running for us.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2020, 11:59:48 am »
What an awful signing.  Jota was never good enough to be picked regularly at Wolves and when he was he was always subbed off early.  Can't understand this transfer at all.

Imagine having a life so shallow that you are a City fan masquerading as a red on a Liverpool forum.

Get a hobby, get yourself a girlfriend, just do something that provides some sort of fulfilment from your sad miserable life.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2020, 02:08:14 pm »
What an awful signing.  Jota was never good enough to be picked regularly at Wolves and when he was he was always subbed off early.  Can't understand this transfer at all.

This is as good as your 1000 word essay in Feburary where you failed miserably to break down why we're so apparently terrible from corners.

:lmao

:D

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2020, 02:40:07 pm »
should be in the we are shite thread

but just proves goobie boy right.

corners scored as much as a relegated bournemouth. looks like we need a corner coach?

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2020, 03:11:12 pm »
welcome lad  :scarf ynwa

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2020, 09:13:00 pm »

Hahaha wtf is this? Jota is a great little player. Perfect for the squad.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2020, 09:55:07 pm »
Hahaha wtf is this? Jota is a great little player. Perfect for the squad.

You are responding to someone that shouldn't have access to the internet. Don't waste your time.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2020, 09:59:22 pm »

Hahaha. You’re clearly a WUM looking at all your previous posts which slag off the club or Klopp’s selections. Go post on your own team’s forum.   ;)
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
  • Thou shall not wear socks with FlipFlops.
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2020, 12:04:41 am »
Not going to lie, I've never really taken much notice of Jota, so can't judge this transfer yet. But with our record in the transfer market in recent years, I wouldn't bet against this one becoming another global superstar for us given time. Welcome to Liverpool FC Diogo Jota.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2020, 12:11:45 am »
I’ve just had a look at your posting history and the first 20 or so are all negative nonsense. What did make me laugh is that the only time you were positive over something was when announcing Loic Remy’s arrival ... I’m paraphrasing here (can’t quote) but along the lines of .. why can’t I start a thread on him, he’s hardly going to fail his medical is he? 🤣
I just checked, he hadn't posted since 2014, then somehow after the meteoric rise of this Klopp team the last few seasons, he decides to post the night we got knocked out of the CL against Atletico.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2020, 12:24:53 am »

Nowhere near as bad as signing Nathan fucking Ake for £41m though is it?  ;D

As others have said, back to BlueLoon you go.  :wave

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2020, 12:38:55 am »

Wind your neck in. I bet you said the same about Gini etc .... Klopp / Edwards transfers have been pretty spot on. Jota is a good player.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2020, 12:47:30 am »
If you really think that you are delusional.  It's still nowhere near the strength in depth of City

Your post history is just a prolonged record of bitching about everything. Gerrard, Sterling, Klopp's team selection in a cup game, our record from corners, Markovic, etc.

I'm not sure why you've come out of the woodwork now, but bye bye.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2020, 01:04:09 am »
He must be pinching himself after watching that today.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2020, 11:47:05 am »
I've always said we should sign him and I've always said he would fit us perfect. Just like Sadio.

What did you say it to, Chopper?  ;D

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2020, 12:05:27 pm »

I'm not sure why you've come out of the woodwork now, but bye bye.
I feel that post should be accompanied by a soundtrack of a crowd cheering.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2020, 02:43:41 pm »
Quality signing ! Made up! :D
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2020, 02:47:27 pm »
Not going to lie, I've never really taken much notice of Jota, so can't judge this transfer yet. But with our record in the transfer market in recent years, I wouldn't bet against this one becoming another global superstar for us given time. Welcome to Liverpool FC Diogo Jota.

He seems to quietly go about his business. Good interview from a Wolves journo on TAW who spoke very highly of him but said he’s quite streaky with his goal scoring.

Jiminez has probably rightly taken a lot of the plaudits but I remember really noticing Jota when we played them on the final day, he seemed a real handful that day and their most likely to create something.

The journo said he prefers playing central or just off the striker but I’d say the way we play he could cover Mané too.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2020, 03:09:10 pm »
What a relief to finally sign another option for the front three. I mentioned it in the transfer thread right before he was signed, but he really seems like a perfect fit for us in terms of his profile as a player and his age. His ability to use both feet should allow us to use him across the front three.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2020, 03:15:51 pm »
Agree. Boobs 10/10 would be uplifting ...

:D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2020, 03:51:01 pm »
Not watched him massively in the past, whenever I have watched Wolves ive been watching Traore more so. Still given our recent transfer record, expecting great things

Offline Adamski LFC

• Kopite
  • Polymath, ... I think not
    • Dash Equestrian
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2020, 03:59:00 pm »
He plays left Striker so if Mane or Salah move on/have an injury then he can step up easily I would have thought too.
Hoping not to embarrass oneself should not be the ultimate aim when posting

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2020, 04:07:07 pm »
Quality signing ! Made up! :D

No, it happened.

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2020, 04:10:37 pm »
He plays left Striker so if Mane or Salah move on/have an injury then he can step up easily I would have thought too.

And it's one of the reasons I prefer him than Sarr who is a right sided striker.

Because with left sided one we can rest either Salah (Jota on the left, Mane on the right) or Mane (Jota on the left, Salah on the right) without huge drop of quality.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2020, 04:25:31 pm »
Didn't watch him much at Wolves, but I'm more interested in the player he can be for us in a couple of years from now, when he's coming into his prime.
Give him a year or two playing and training with top quality players, and we'll see what he can do. Looks like an exciting prospect.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2020, 04:28:57 pm »
We haven't had such a two-footed attacking player since...well, Lallana. 

I'm sure that this is a big part of his appeal for Klopp.  He might have a preference for playing on the left side, but didn't Mane prefer playing on the right when we first got him? 
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2020, 09:10:01 pm »
Welcome. Looking forward to the options he’ll provide. Hope he settles in quickly, but plenty years ahead of him.

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2020, 10:15:11 pm »
We haven't had such a two-footed attacking player since...well, Lallana. 

I'm sure that this is a big part of his appeal for Klopp.  He might have a preference for playing on the left side, but didn't Mane prefer playing on the right when we first got him? 

I'm not sure if it was Mane's preference or not. I know he had played on the left for RB Salzburg. I always just assumed he was played on the right because Coutinho was our first choice on the left.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2020, 10:23:35 pm »
Fair enough. Seems to be at home on the left, that's for sure. I guess Klopp does sometimes move him to the right.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2020, 11:24:53 pm »
Two footed, great burst, attacks space with and without the ball, reliable at the far post, loves a 1-2, can play off the last man hard  worker, smart presser, good numbers.  He should do well against packed defenses - he’s good at finding space off a cross and he’s able to dribble or combine his way through a line. There’s a lot to like!

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2020, 11:43:55 pm »
He's going to score the winner in the derby isn't he?
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline rubber soul

• Kopite
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2020, 11:47:47 pm »
If you really think that you are delusional.  It's still nowhere near the strength in depth of City

Behave. I don't think this football thing is for you. Your posts are so bizarre I think we might all be being whooshed though?
Anyway, welcome Diogo, looks like an astute signing with loads to offer.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2020, 09:30:08 am »
Man has speed and Skills. I am really excited by this transfer along with Thiago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cdw0DmheJc
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2020, 10:36:47 am »
Man has speed and Skills. I am really excited by this transfer along with Thiago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cdw0DmheJc
Looks to me from that video that he's very good at advancing play through his dribbling, but usually ends up overrunning into trouble or with a weak shot.
Needs to improve his passing and decision making as at Liverpool he will regularly face teams sitting deep and will not have much room to run into.
It's a similar problem to Keita and that's why we don't often see his runs he used to make at RB Leipzig as much.
Jota's still young though so he can improve

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2020, 10:39:57 am »
Drogo Jota Drogo Jota

Let me be your Khaleesi sort of

And let me ride you like a Drogon

Because you turn me on turn me on
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2020, 11:05:43 am »
In one of the interviews Klopp said that he was really excited about Jota. He said Jota has a step to make and he knows that. But, he said that Jota will benefit with the way that we treat people in general here.
That was an interesting point, sometimes Klopp let's slip what can be the issue, I think Jota had a confidence issue at Wolves, as more players came in he lost a bit of confidence. If there is one man in world football who can fix your confidence and get you back playing with your natural ability it is Jurgen Klopp.
I have no doubt Jota is going to be a success, because I have no doubts in Klopp's ability to get him going to his highest ability.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2020, 11:54:23 am »
Interesting breakdown of Jota's style

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/u8Pdfh1GkNY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/u8Pdfh1GkNY</a>