Author Topic: Greetings from your Benfica Brother  (Read 25365 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Greetings from your Benfica Brother
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2018, 07:48:09 pm »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
Greetings from your Benfica Brother
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2021, 11:00:23 am »
it has been a while LFC.................... greetings from Portugal and Benfica............just needed to come on here and congratulate you all on a fantastic team, Manager and outstanding win against MANURE NITE as we call them at Benfica  ;D ;D absolutley world class from an Elite world class team .................. big hug E PLURIBUS UNUM AD INFINITUM

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2021, 11:08:43 am »
Thank you! I remember your posts from all the way back in 2006 when you won at Anfield.

Hope all is well. How are Benfica doing this season?

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2021, 11:11:53 am »
Thank you! I remember your posts from all the way back in 2006 when you won at Anfield.

Hope all is well. How are Benfica doing this season?

Top of the league.still in with a chance in the CL and evolving .........LFC are on another planet 5 star elite team seriously as a football fan I bow to your amazing play

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2021, 11:26:59 am »
 :D Hello mate! Welcome back. Congrats on your strong season so far, really hope you get through in your CL group, if you avoid defeat in Barcelona and beat Kyiv I think that will be enough. Good luck!

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2021, 11:36:29 am »
:D Hello mate! Welcome back. Congrats on your strong season so far, really hope you get through in your CL group, if you avoid defeat in Barcelona and beat Kyiv I think that will be enough. Good luck!

Thank you my Brother, interesting times at the Estadio da Luz.........looks like we are finally going to stop being a selling team......We have Rui Costa as the new president ....can we have Jurgen Klopp ??  Your team is beyond good .awesome !!! went to watch them against Watford.....football poetry in motion ....ABOLUTLEY  LOVED YESTERDAY oh the faces of he who fannies about and dives around AND DONKEY FERNANDES YESTERDAY !!! PRICELESS  big hug my brother
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 11:59:18 am by Heroisdomar »

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2021, 11:42:40 am »
Top of the league.still in with a chance in the CL and evolving .........LFC are on another planet 5 star elite team seriously as a football fan I bow to your amazing play

You guys are part of the reason I want a (non closed shop) Super League. I want two behemoth competitions CL and ESL competing head to head, so it opens up for a team like Benfica, Celtic or Feyenoord to conquer Europe. Hope whatever happens in 2024, it affects you positively. Best wishes to you.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2021, 11:47:51 am »
can we get Uraguayan36 to come post again as well?

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2021, 11:54:18 am »
Welcome back mate. Always used to sign Oscar Cardozo as Torres' strike partner on FIFA  ;)

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2021, 11:57:06 am »
You guys are part of the reason I want a (non closed shop) Super League. I want two behemoth competitions CL and ESL competing head to head, so it opens up for a team like Benfica, Celtic or Feyenoord to conquer Europe. Hope whatever happens in 2024, it affects you positively. Best wishes to you.

Thank tou man appreciate your kind words.......yep we are held back by our league (eben though it is ranked 5  ahead of the French league) non closed super league competing against Bayern Liverpool etc every week would be beyond good......miss the absolute awe of facing the KOP what an honor that was!!!!   will live we me till the day I check out even though I am a south curve regular at the Estadio da Luz  big hug god bless

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2021, 11:58:09 am »
Welcome back mate. Always used to sign Oscar Cardozo as Torres' strike partner on FIFA  ;)

LOL Tacuara Cardoso !!! <3 still scoring goals back in Paraguay !! Legend

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2021, 12:04:16 pm »
Lovely to see you on again here, mate. Still remember your posts back in '06 fondly. Hope your team takes care of the 'green slime' accordingly throughout the season :)   

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2021, 12:10:03 pm »
Welcome back  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2021, 12:11:59 pm »
Lovely to see you on again here, mate. Still remember your posts back in '06 fondly. Hope your team takes care of the 'green slime' accordingly throughout the season :)   
they have it coming trust me  thanks man big hug
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 12:14:51 pm by Heroisdomar »

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2021, 12:13:56 pm »
Welcome back  ;D
Thank you always loved it here proper fans and club ......... never will forget Liverpool and Benfica fans getting pissed at the Sandwell together great memories....BUT do not want to play you at the mo ....LFC would kill anyone at the moment

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2021, 12:52:25 pm »
Echo the “welcome back”. Was wondering if you’d show up if we got you in the CL draw but not to be unfortunately.

Fond memories of Lisboa and Benfica myself, and the similar rivalry against the “green slime” ;D

Hope you bounce back from the Bayern mauling last week, but you will invite bad luck with a player called Everton in your team. I mean, he even scored an OG. It’s the footballing equivalent of going to sea with an albatross.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2021, 01:03:19 pm »
Echo the “welcome back”. Was wondering if you’d show up if we got you in the CL draw but not to be unfortunately.

Fond memories of Lisboa and Benfica myself, and the similar rivalry against the “green slime” ;D

Hope you bounce back from the Bayern mauling last week, but you will invite bad luck with a player called Everton in your team. I mean, he even scored an OG. It’s the footballing equivalent of going to sea with an albatross.

ROTFL at the Everton quote.......... he is a Brazilian International but has done nothing at all in Portugal waste of space..............Bayern ?? we played really well for 75 minutes then ran out of steam they had 587 passes with a 89% completion rate........when you get beat by a superior team hey......... they will be your main rivals for the CL

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2021, 02:31:18 pm »
it has been a while LFC.................... greetings from Portugal and Benfica............just needed to come on here and congratulate you all on a fantastic team, Manager and outstanding win against MANURE NITE as we call them at Benfica  ;D ;D absolutley world class from an Elite world class team .................. big hug E PLURIBUS UNUM AD INFINITUM
Welcome back. 👍😀

I remember you.

I hope all's well in Lisboa and at SLB.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2021, 02:40:49 pm »
Here's to two clubs carrying on as they started. Nice to see you posting Heroisdomar. :)
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2021, 02:58:00 pm »

Put Barça out - you'll really enjoy it!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2021, 03:00:45 pm »
Welcome back Hero, always good to see your posts! I keep hoping we'll draw Benfica in the CL.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2021, 06:45:17 pm »
nice to see you back, we are still waiting for Simao :D
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2021, 06:51:17 pm »
Good to hear from you again mate. People mentioned 2006, christ time has flown.

Enjoyed our trip to your gaff. But I was very, very drunk :-)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Cohiba

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2021, 09:48:18 pm »
Great to hear from you again Hero, and thank you for your kind words. We truly are in a dreamy place at the moment  ;D

Good luck for the season our friend
Every great achievement
Was believed to be impossible at one time

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2021, 11:00:01 pm »
Welcome back mate and thanks

MANURE NITE is a username waiting to happen somewhere 😂

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2021, 12:00:50 am »
I always thought of Benfica as Liverpool of Portugal, and Porto as Manutd of Portugal. Greetings and wish you all the best and to your club.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2021, 12:14:40 am »
I always thought of Benfica as Liverpool of Portugal, and Porto as Manutd of Portugal. Greetings and wish you all the best and to your club.

Well we’ve been giving Porto the Man United treatment for years :D

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2021, 07:54:48 am »
People who never have been to Portugal don't understand just how big Benfica are at home. Even in the Porto area you see their merchandise everywhere. Had there been one Iberian league historically they'd been as big as Real and Barcelona. Feels like half the country are Águilas fans.
Linudden.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2021, 12:19:12 pm »
Love these sorts of posts. Good luck for the season my friend.
YNWA.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2021, 08:16:31 pm »
Obrigado/obrigada ! Remember your posts with fondness. Was Jonas Thern any good ? good luck with the upcoming matches; you should take sunderland to court though, stadium of light... must be a breach of patent/trademark !
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2021, 11:04:20 pm »
People who never have been to Portugal don't understand just how big Benfica are at home. Even in the Porto area you see their merchandise everywhere. Had there been one Iberian league historically they'd been as big as Real and Barcelona. Feels like half the country are Águilas fans.
I can imagine given they have won two European cups (two more than Man City  :)) and have been in a remarkable 10 European finals (7 European Cup finals), unfortunately losing eight. Benfica were in five European Cup finals from 1961 to 1968, and four from 1961-1965  :o They are a massive club for sure.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2021, 11:25:51 pm »
No wonder he loves us, given how many times we've pumped poor old Porto.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2021, 01:54:13 am »
They have the highest percentage of fans in their home country of any club in Europe.

The population of Portugal currently is just over 10,157,000 of which an estimated 5,800,000 are Benfica fans.

I've been to Lisboa and holidayed a lot on the Algarve so can vouch for just how big they really are with the Portuguese.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2021, 09:12:45 am »
No wonder he loves us, given how many times we've pumped poor old Porto.
Alliteration of the day ;D
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2021, 10:34:34 am »
nice to see you back, we are still waiting for Simao :D

ROTFL ....he is a director at Benfica now......he was close very close to joining Liverpool was on a plane at Lisbon airport that is the god honest truth

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2021, 10:41:59 am »
Well we’ve been giving Porto the Man United treatment for years :D

AND LFC WE TRULY LOVE YOU FOR IT .......MY GOOD GOD their faces when you lot tore them 5 new arses at home !!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU  there is no "oh they are a Portuguese team rtc in Portugal .......we loath those cheating bastards !!

Here is a story from way back in the day.....so the year we played Everton in the Europa league we tore them a new one in Lisbon etc ............ in the return leg we where all trying to be humble and respectful etc SO what do I go and do apart from getting wasted???  I go into the LFC shop and spend some serious pounds on LFC shiirts etc...AND WALK INTO GOODISON !! with LFC bags.....if looks could kill!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 11:44:48 am by Heroisdomar »

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2021, 10:58:03 am »
Obrigado/obrigada ! Remember your posts with fondness. Was Jonas Thern any good ? good luck with the upcoming matches; you should take sunderland to court though, stadium of light... must be a breach of patent/trademark !

our stadium is actually called "Estadio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica" and it is written in our stautes that ir can only change with the approval of members in a two thirds majority ......the board where/are trying to sell the naming eights for pornographic amounts of lolly and are close .the "Luz" or light comes from the district where the satdium is located in Benfica .... Sunderland are really a bunch of puppies with that one !!! just imagine some one naming a stadium Anfield ??? DOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH  some things you do not mess with ..but we laugh at it

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2021, 11:07:08 am »
After all these years... you still come around to say hi! ;D
It's always good to see you pop by, Hero!

Yeah it's something we dreamed of for a long time and it was everything I dreamed of. It was such a beating, they didn't wanna play anymore and just wanted to go home (and resorting to try to injure our players as a goodbye "gift"). Pogba decided - "F* this, I wasn't started, I didn't have anything to do with this... I'm going back into the dressing room" and proceded to get himself sent off.

United has always been a tough opponent- even before the Ferguson years when they were just "meh" and we were all-conquering for 2 decades+. We lost sometimes, wins were restricting to 1 or 2-goal margins and there were plenty of draws.
It's always been one of those puzzling things in life. We should've drubbed them quite a few times in the past, but they ALWAYS raised their game against us.

Anyway- good luck to you lads and thank you!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 11:13:09 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2021, 11:15:22 am »
After all these years... you still come around to say hi! ;D
It's always good to see you pop by, Hero!

Yeah it's something we dreamed of for a long time and it was everything I dreamed of. It was such a beating, they didn't wanna play anymore and just wanted to go home (and resorting to try to injure our players as a goodbye "gift"). Pogba decided - "F* this, I wasn't started, I didn't have anything to do with this... I'm going back into the dressing room" and proceded to get himself sent off.

United has always been a tough opponent- even before the Ferguson years when they were just "meh" and we were all-conquering for 2 decades+. It's always been one of those puzzling things in life. By all accounts, we should've drubbed them quite a few times in the past, but as I said- they ALWAYS raised their game against us.

Anyway- good luck to you lads and thank you!

it was a true owning, they where not only beaten they where destroyed .....BUT Liverpool right now would destroy most teams...you are so well coached it is obscene .................... seeing he who fannies about and dives around's and donkey Fernandes faces was priceless ......almost as good as seing the mug shots of the wasters from Porto when you shafted them recently ROTFL ............the only team who may stop Liverpool this season is........Bayern  Hope you guys win the PL and the CL that is a sincere wish ............and I always enjoy coming here because you lot are real footie fans not a surprise given you are LFC .........big hug

Offline Heroisdomar

• Anny Roader
To the Spion Kop Group a word of gratitude
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2021, 12:54:34 pm »
LFC i promise I will shut up and go away for a few more months  :-X after this  BUT I had to write this post as a word of eternal gratitude for this group's response to the closed shop proposal with regards to the Super League, I can honestly say the vast majority of Benfica and world football fans thank you for the incredible response to that sad proposal (FUCK OFF PEREZ END BARSTADLONA YOU CHEPSKATE PIGS Arsnil spuds atc what have you ever won ?? ............ people often ask me me what makes a club truly great ??  the answer from Chelsea and citeeeeeeeeh PSG etc is always "we got loadsamoney blah blah blah............yes but no class you fools !! LFC fans truly stepped up to the plate and spoke and showed why you are one of the seven pillars of world football ...............AND LIKE I SAID MANY BENFICA FANS SALUTE YOU !!!  AND SO DO I

ok time to shut up and go away  ;D catch you all soon very soon ............E PLURIBUS UNUM AD INFINITUM
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 12:57:11 pm by Heroisdomar »