The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Atmosphere at Anfield

<< < (2407/2455) > >>

number 168:

--- Quote from: storkfoot on October 16, 2021, 10:45:07 am ---Great memories. I can hear “Black Night” in my head but have no recollection of that Heighway song.

Much as I abhor all this Sportswashing, to be fair to Newcastle United, I suspect that, going into the ‘70s, they had won more than us.

--- End quote ---

Not a huge difference but they had a great cup tradition and won a European trophy.

Newcastle had won the league 5 times (no change there!) and the Cup 6 times and the Inter Cities Fairs Cup once.
We had won the league 7 times and the Cup once.
So they were a club with history even though their last domestic trophy was in 1955 (excluding winning the 'Barclays First Division Chamapionship)

RedBootsTommySmith:

--- Quote from: scouse neapolitan on October 16, 2021, 07:51:07 am ---
The other song I remember  in the same period was the Larry Lloyd song . I’m humming it now but I’ve no idea what the name of the song was...”Oh Larry, Oh Larry Larry, Lloyd, oh Larry Lloyd.” Can anyone help jog my old memory?

--- End quote ---

https://youtu.be/kT8NGuUzIs4

This one? (It'll be stuck in my head all day, now!!)

scouse neapolitan:
Thanks Red Boots!! That's the one !  Brilliant!

Lad:

--- Quote from: storkfoot on October 16, 2021, 10:45:07 am ---Great memories. I can hear “Black Night” in my head but have no recollection of that Heighway song.

Much as I abhor all this Sportswashing, to be fair to Newcastle United, I suspect that, going into the ‘70s, they had won more than us.

--- End quote ---

na na na na na na na na na na na na….Stevie…..Heighway  If you know the Black Night chorus.

SouthDerryLaggo:
Shocking today. Never sat in upper anfield road before. And the crowd emptying on 80 mins

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version