Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4571833 times)

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The F*cking Liar & Deranged Animal.
« Reply #33280 on: November 20, 2017, 01:52:21 am »
One of the stupidly petty elements of the congressional tax plan that just got voted in is making tuition waivers tax deductible. So previously, Phd students that had their tuition waived will now have to pay taxes on those waivers because the waiver counts as taxable income (some private institutions can charge up to $100k per year). Good luck keeping all the best and brightest scientists, medical researchers, phd students in general when you expect them to pay taxes on that much income (money which of course they never see and hardly have the means of paying at all). Just so utterly stupid.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33281 on: November 20, 2017, 01:54:53 am »
One of the stupidly petty elements of the congressional tax plan that just got voted in is making tuition waivers tax deductible. So previously, Phd students that had their tuition waived will now have to pay taxes on those waivers because the waiver counts as taxable income (some private institutions can charge up to $100k per year). Good luck keeping all the best and brightest scientists, medical researchers, phd students in general when you expect them to pay taxes on that much income (money which of course they never see and hardly have the means of paying at all). Just so utterly stupid.

Don't need scientists when you have Jesus.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33282 on: November 20, 2017, 02:16:32 am »

That's a perfect end point for the evolution of the US motto and national philosophy. From E Pluribus Unum via In God We Trust to Don't Need Scientists When You Have Jesus.

:mindblown
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #33283 on: November 20, 2017, 02:19:58 am »

The whole tax plan is petty.

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33284 on: November 20, 2017, 04:38:13 am »

I'm pretty sure this is their final test in the grand Republican voter-dumbening experiment. If they can get this passed and don't face any electoral repercussions, they'll know they can do pretty much whatever they want, economically speaking. (And that's all they really care about, bar the maybe 10% of Republican politicians who might actually be personally against abortion/gay marriage.) I fully expect the laws to get more and more openly evil from here on in. Coming in 2021: The Slavery Jobs for Life Act.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33285 on: November 20, 2017, 06:22:31 am »
"The mind is endless.
You put me in a dark solitary cell,
and to you thats the end,
to me it's the beginning.
It's a universe in there,
there's a world in there,
and I'm free" -Charles Manson
choose Life.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33286 on: November 20, 2017, 07:09:02 am »

It's not jesus making money for big pharma. Somebody has to do the medical research. And if you're expecting Phd students that are living barely above poverty levels as it is to start paying income tax on 100k incomes then say goodbye to all that innovation. It's such staggering self-sabotage. America has the best university and research system in the world by far and they're going to gut it by placing such a high barrier to post grads hoping to do research.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33287 on: November 20, 2017, 10:12:31 am »
It's not jesus making money for big pharma. Somebody has to do the medical research. And if you're expecting Phd students that are living barely above poverty levels as it is to start paying income tax on 100k incomes then say goodbye to all that innovation. It's such staggering self-sabotage. America has the best university and research system in the world by far and they're going to gut it by placing such a high barrier to post grads hoping to do research.

Well they wont be coming here to continue their studies, that's for sure.  Canada probably, or perhaps Germany...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #33288 on: November 20, 2017, 10:42:34 am »

Well you do realise it would only need 10,000 grad students to pay a palty $10,000 extra tax each to make sure that really deserving one rich kid can inherit that extra $100 million. 

Also, the $2bn saved over 10 years by making sure teachers pay tax on the supplies they buy that they need to teach (scandalous they are forced to buy in the first place but ok) makes sure that 1 family can keep an extra $2bn through estate tax cuts... the DeVos family. (Credit Jon Lovett)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #33289 on: November 20, 2017, 01:52:34 pm »
On the 154th anniversary of the Gettsyburg Address nonetheless.

Someone on twitter did the Gettysburg Address as Trump would have delivered it:

@sovietdisco
"Many years ago, some people say 100 years ago, it's a long time, believe me.."
"..some guys, very smart guys. Very smart. They made America. And this was fantastic. I mean, you want to talk liberty? And it was all equal, very equal.."
"Now we've got some bad hombres who don't like it. And they're fighting us. It's very bad. A lot of people say, 'Oh, this America thing, it won't work.' Can it work? I think it can work, folks."
"You know, a friend of mine, a very smart businessman, he was telling me, 'We're fighting this war, but it's a very important war.' So, you know, that's a thing we have to keep in mind. A lot of the media won't tell you this, but we're fighting about America right now."
"So we've got to bury these guys. They did just a really fantastic job, and I say get them buried in a really good way. Because when you die, and you really love America, I say you should get buried in way that's outstanding."
"But that's not the end of it, folks. I mean, ten, twenty years from now, who's going to remember this? Who's going to remember it? You know, I think we ought to do something about this, or who's going to remember?"
"I think I'm probably the best at remembering, one of the best rememberers, and even I don't know if this will matter a week from now."
"But the important thing is, America. It's really fantastic, believe me. I've always thought so. I think I'm the first person to say this, but it's by the people, for the people. That's a phrase I just came up with."
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #33290 on: November 20, 2017, 01:58:05 pm »
Someone on twitter did the Gettysburg Address as Trump would have delivered it:

Misses two things to be a real "Donald". A reference to the Miss Universe pageant and to Hillary losing the election...

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #33291 on: November 20, 2017, 02:55:53 pm »
Misses two things to be a real "Donald". A reference to the Miss Universe pageant and to Hillary losing the election...

And denying that he has a small cock
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #33292 on: November 20, 2017, 03:34:34 pm »

'And you know, there were many fine people fighting - on both sides, on both sides.'
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #33293 on: November 20, 2017, 05:49:26 pm »
He agrees with himself to add veracity.

"I've been hearing a lot lately about .............."

Yes, we know Donald.
Kill the humourless

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #33294 on: November 20, 2017, 06:23:02 pm »

So from what I understand, under the new tax bill Student Loan interest is not deductible, but private school tuition is deductible. Is this correct?

The Dems response to this bill is oddly muted. Either they think it has no chance at passing, or the want to see it after all the edits before protesting, or they want it to pass so they can campaign on it.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #33295 on: November 20, 2017, 06:28:26 pm »
So from what I understand, under the new tax bill Student Loan interest is not deductible, but private school tuition is deductible. Is this correct?

The Dems response to this bill is oddly muted. Either they think it has no chance at passing, or the want to see it after all the edits before protesting, or they want it to pass so they can campaign on it.

Basically think of every break a rich person could want, and they have it. Think of anything that could possible help the middle class and the poor and they get it taken away.

That's the GOP's tax bill.

You need to write off that expensive estate tax, sure go ahead.
You need to write off that expensive plane you just bought, sure go ahead.
You're a corporation and you need to write of everything, sure go ahead.
You're a rich kid and your parents want to write off that private school , sure why not.

You're a teacher and you need to write off your supplies for school, nah go fuck yourself.
You're a student with massive education debt and you don't want to pay tax on that, go fuck yourself.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33296 on: November 20, 2017, 08:03:08 pm »
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
23m23 minutes ago

Shoplifting is a very big deal in China, as it should be (5-10 years in jail), but not to father LaVar. Should have gotten his son out during my next trip to China instead. China told them why they were released. Very ungrateful!

Joshua Hopper‏ @joshhopper98
2m2 minutes ago

Donald Drumpf says he 'should have left US basketball player in jail in China' because his father isn't grateful enough

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-basketball-players-in-china-should-have-left-in-jail-a8064146.html

He just can't help himself. When people don't praise him, he attacks them. As President of the USA, he shouldn't have to go after individuals. He shows how useless he is when he does that.

I think those who got released are pleased. Who wouldn't be? They also have a right to their opinion. A good President would just leave it at tha and move on to more important issues. Trump shouldn't feel he needs to comment anymore on the topic. He is actually, for real, dependent on what three basketball players and their families think of him. He is also so dependent on their appoval that he, as President of the USA, when he doesn't get the appoval, thinks he should attack them so the whole world knows it. He is a disgrace.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #33297 on: November 20, 2017, 08:09:39 pm »
To be fair, he has moved on. Now he's having a go at Marshawn Lynch for standing for the Mexican national anthem and then sitting down for the American one... And he has been watching Fox and Friends again and is bragging about the low unemployment numbers that he called fake about a year ago...

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #33298 on: November 20, 2017, 09:13:50 pm »
To be fair, he has moved on. Now he's having a go at Marshawn Lynch for standing for the Mexican national anthem and then sitting down for the American one... And he has been watching Fox and Friends again and is bragging about the low unemployment numbers that he called fake about a year ago...

I don't know why someone cant just give his phone the toilet treatment and give the rest of us a fking break from his constant bullshit. Surely it can't be that hard for either him or his phone to have an accident.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #33299 on: November 21, 2017, 01:32:41 am »
I don't know why someone cant just give his phone the toilet treatment and give the rest of us a fking break from his constant bullshit. Surely it can't be that hard for either him or his phone to have an accident.

His phone is his whole thing though. Take out the phone and he's 1/10 of the president he is right now.

What I find difficult to understand is how there are people that continue to be impressed by how he engages with the public. I know lots of people were more than pleased that they had a 'Troll in Chief" winning the election. But who still finds this stuff amusing after over 12 months?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #33300 on: November 21, 2017, 07:10:56 am »
An “Idiot” and a “Dope”: McMaster Reportedly Unloads on Trump During a Private Dinner

That would make the National Security Adviser the second member of Trump’s Cabinet to covertly question his intelligence.

McMaster bluntly trashed his boss, said the sources, four of whom told BuzzFeed News they heard about the exchange directly from Catz. The top national security official dismissed the president variously as an “idiot” and a “dope” with the intelligence of a “kindergartner,” the sources said.

A sixth source who was not familiar with the details of the dinner told BuzzFeed News that McMaster had made similarly derogatory comments about Trump’s intelligence to him in private, including that the president lacked the necessary brainpower to understand the matters before the National Security Council.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/11/hr-mcmaster-calls-trump-idiot-dope
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #33301 on: November 21, 2017, 08:37:32 am »

I watched the game. Didn't notice this. Raiders fan. Don`t care.

He must have spies (Fox) looking out for any little thing he can stick black people with to prove his obvious superiority (sic) over them.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33302 on: November 21, 2017, 08:41:21 am »
Has it been a year yet?
First few months felt like a lifetime, that slow-motion in a car crash kind of slow. Then I deliberately switched off from Trump news and I have to say life is better. My simplistic conclusion is that United States of America has serious mental problems and at this stage it is becoming impolite to watch them rub shit all over their face. Unless they start nuking randomly I think I'll stay switched off from that horrible circus.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33303 on: November 21, 2017, 10:15:12 am »
Has it been a year yet?

A year since the election, but he's only been in charge nine months.

EDIT: Just remembering what I read about Andrew Johnson and his battles with congress and the senate, is it possible to override a presidential veto?  I ask because I'm wondering if, should the Democrats retake both houses next year (not as crazy as it might have sounded 12 months ago), could they attempt to reverse the tax cuts currently being planned by the GOP?

If they did, Trump is almost certain to veto the bill.  I'm guessing if it's possible to override the veto it would require a supermajority?

EDIT 2: Ah, okay, I found this.  ;D

https://www.thoughtco.com/the-supermajority-vote-in-us-government-3322045

A "supermajority vote" is a vote that must exceed the number of votes comprising a "simple majority." For example, a simple majority in the 100-member Senate is 51 votes; while a 2/3 supermajority vote requires 67 votes. In the 435-member House of Representatives, a simple majority is 218 votes; while a 2/3 supermajority requires 290 votes.

Measures or actions requiring a supermajority vote:

Impeaching: In cases of impeachment of federal officials, the House of Representatives must pass articles of impeachment by a simple majority vote. The Senate then holds a trial to consider the articles of impeachment passed by the House. Actually convicting an individual requires a 2/3 supermajority vote of the members present in the Senate. (Article 1, Section 3)

Expelling a Member of Congress: Expelling a member of Congress requires a 2/3 supermajority vote in either the House or Senate. (Article 1, Section 5)

Overriding a Veto: Overriding a presidential veto of a bill requires a 2/3 supermajority vote in both the House and Senate. (Article 1, Section 7)

Suspending the Rules: Temporarily suspending the rules of debate and voting in the House and Senate requires a 2/3 supermajority vote of the members present. (House and Senate rules)

Ending a Filibuster: In the Senate only, passing a motion to invoke "cloture," ending extended debate or a "filibuster" on a measure requires a 3/5 supermajority vote - 60 votes. (Rules of the Senate) Rules of debate in the House of Representatives preclude the possibility of a filibuster.

Note: On November 21, 2013, the Senate voted to require a simple majority vote of 51 Senators to pass cloture motions ending filibusters on presidential nominations for Cabinet secretary posts and lower federal court judgeships only.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:32:39 am by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33304 on: November 21, 2017, 12:35:50 pm »
Such a bizarre time. Both the US and UK sabotaging their own potential through the instruments of 'democracy'.

Perhaps that part of democracy is due a rethink. A STEM College degree AND 5 years working experience to be eligible to vote? Don't get me wrong, there will be informed voters outside these bounds and idiots within; but all you need is the filter to capture an informed voter majority, you would have done the first bit right.

The results show that an equal vote to all adults is a load of shite, really. You need to put in the work to understand the artificial construct that the modern capitalist, consumerist world is. Without that work you're basically handing a vote to a monkey.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33305 on: November 21, 2017, 12:43:49 pm »
If India and China had their act together better they would be the pre eminent world powers within a generation. As it is, we're some way off but come on, Trump, Brexit. Might as well burn huge stacks of their currencies as the time you lose dealing with garbage equals that.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33306 on: November 21, 2017, 01:01:09 pm »
Such a bizarre time. Both the US and UK sabotaging their own potential through the instruments of 'democracy'.

Perhaps that part of democracy is due a rethink. A STEM College degree AND 5 years working experience to be eligible to vote? Don't get me wrong, there will be informed voters outside these bounds and idiots within; but all you need is the filter to capture an informed voter majority, you would have done the first bit right.

The results show that an equal vote to all adults is a load of shite, really. You need to put in the work to understand the artificial construct that the modern capitalist, consumerist world is. Without that work you're basically handing a vote to a monkey.

It goes back to that Blackadder clip I shared pages ago.  There's little point in giving a person a vote if they're not capable of using it responsibly.  As more and more men became able to read and write they were considered "educated" enough to handle a vote; women were already highly intelligent but had to battle long and hard for democratic equality.

Nowadays, simply being able to read and write doesn't qualify somebody as intelligent.  But when you start restricting democracy based on education levels or a person's level of political interest/activism, it's a slippery slope.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:03:14 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33307 on: November 21, 2017, 02:07:33 pm »

Actually, one of the problems in the US is turn-out. Limiting voters isn't the answer. People have to work around voting. That privileges people with spare time and flexible schedules like retirees and people in small towns. It's insane that people have to line-up for hours to vote after working/commuting/looking after children.

If America had more democratic instincts there would be a national holiday on election night so that people could vote. It would also honour something Americans are patriotic about in fact rather than just with words.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:09:16 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #33308 on: November 21, 2017, 02:19:48 pm »

Actually, one of the problems in the US is turn-out. Limiting voters isn't the answer. People have to work around voting. That privileges people with spare time and flexible schedules like retirees and people in small towns. It's insane that people have to line-up for hours to vote after working/commuting/looking after children.

If America had more democratic instincts there would be a national holiday on election night so that people could vote. It would also honour something Americans are patriotic about in fact rather than just with words.

Do you think that would increase voter turnout?  Is the main issue apathy and the fact most think their vote wont change anything?  Perversely isn't there a real possibility people would rather go to the Park / Beach etc on their day off and could even decrease it as I imagine Retail will be less likely to be able to leave to vote.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33309 on: November 21, 2017, 02:33:30 pm »
Another issue to contend with in US democracy is the blatant racism; the imposition of laws that force minorities to carry all kinds of ID in order to vote - many of which they wont possess.  It's a disgusting abuse of power designed solely to pervert democracy.

Popcorn's Art

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33310 on: November 21, 2017, 02:48:30 pm »
It goes back to that Blackadder clip I shared pages ago.  There's little point in giving a person a vote if they're not capable of using it responsibly.  As more and more men became able to read and write they were considered "educated" enough to handle a vote; women were already highly intelligent but had to battle long and hard for democratic equality.

Nowadays, simply being able to read and write doesn't qualify somebody as intelligent.  But when you start restricting democracy based on education levels or a person's level of political interest/activism, it's a slippery slope.

My wife often does extra work at Polling Stations during elections, and she tells many a tale of people coming in shouting "whit wans the Labour wan doll, pit ma X in it", doesn't matter who the candidate is, what they are doing locally, what they are like etc. The party I`m sure can be transposed with the other major ones in different constituencies. People have long engendered voting habits and it takes monumental shifts in society to change that. At the last election there was also a voter came into a local (Scottish) polling station, obviously drunk, dressed as Donald Trump, going on about immigrants and demanding to vote for UKIP (who didn't have a candidate in that constituency). These are times we live in. I vote Baldrick.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33311 on: November 21, 2017, 02:53:52 pm »
Another issue to contend with in US democracy is the blatant racism; the imposition of laws that force minorities to carry all kinds of ID in order to vote - many of which they wont possess.  It's a disgusting abuse of power designed solely to pervert democracy.

Listening to recent podcasts it is just one of the tools the GOP are using to maintain the status quo. They are shit scared of changing demographics - their base has been the conservative Fox viewer 65+ and white - now they are trying to appeal to other voters like Trumps deplorables, indulge in gerrymandering and voter suppression. They`re more than happy to be the Evil Party that pretends to be god-fearing because they see their power and way of life under threat from people who are not like them.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #33312 on: November 21, 2017, 02:54:10 pm »
Sorry (not sorry) for the interruption. A lot of you may have heard the terrible news about Sir Harvest Fields. There’s a justgiving page set up to try and help raise money to cover his funeral costs. If you haven’t already done so, and would like to contribute details are in here:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ripcarlvanriel?ref=

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33313 on: November 21, 2017, 03:10:43 pm »
Do you think that would increase voter turnout?  Is the main issue apathy and the fact most think their vote wont change anything?  Perversely isn't there a real possibility people would rather go to the Park / Beach etc on their day off and could even decrease it as I imagine Retail will be less likely to be able to leave to vote.

If you are planning your whole day, you can allocate when you go. Like vote and then hit the beach?

If everyone has all day to go vote and since there would be no rush hour, the line-ups would be short and the trip there and back would be short too. Plus voting stations are near your home, so people don't have to go from work to home to vote to home...just home-vote-home with no traffic.

So it will be much more convenient, much quicker, and can be done at your leisure.

Sure, there will be some people that won't want voting to cut into me-time, but would they have voted anyway?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33314 on: November 21, 2017, 03:14:52 pm »

It's ridiculous. If you were to make the scheduling of your state primary dependent on how much of the adult population voted last time, you may see some of those rules changed. Iowa and New Hampshire would have to make an effort to be first too. Why can't it be Washington State or others for a change...

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #33315 on: November 21, 2017, 04:27:42 pm »

I understand your frustration but what you have to remember is that a lot of these monkeys are graduates from Oxbridge. STEM is no recommendation either Fox is a GP.

But I do agree, ignorance and the associated prejudice is screwing the world
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33316 on: November 21, 2017, 04:29:06 pm »

Better - allow voting over a week, including the weekend and at least one full night. As you say, those in economic strife can find it difficult to get to the polls. People should be entitled to take off (paid) time from work too - just get a stamp to show they attended the polling station. Then, have a federal, independent election commission to monitor and set boundaries. But, as you indicated, America is not very democratic. It talks a good game, but the reality is very different.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 04:33:52 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #33317 on: November 21, 2017, 11:34:56 pm »
As Kushner’s Russia troubles mount—last Friday the Senate disclosed that he had not turned over e-mails about WikiLeaks, a claim his attorney, Abbe Lowell, denied—insiders are again speculating, as my colleague Emily Jane Fox reported last month, about how long Kushner and Ivanka Trump will remain in Washington. Despite Kushner’s efforts to project confidence about Robert Mueller’s probe, he expressed worry after the indictments of Paul Manafort and Rick Gates about how far the investigation could go. “Do you think they’ll get the president?” Kushner asked a friend, according to a person briefed on the conversation.

According to two Republicans who have spoken with Trump, the president has also been frustrated with Kushner’s political advice, including his encouragement to back losing Alabama G.O.P. candidate Luther Strange and to fire F.B.I. Director James Comey, which Kushner denies. (For what it’s worth, Kushner’s choice of Strange prevented Trump from the embarrassment of inadvertently supporting Roy Moore.) Trump, according to three people who’ve spoken to him, has advocated for Jared and Ivanka to return to New York in part because they are being damaged by negative press. “He keeps pressuring them to go,” one source close to Kushner told me. But as bad as the Russia investigation may be, it’s not clear a New York homecoming would be much better for Kushner, given that his family’s debt-ridden office tower at 666 Fifth Avenue could be headed for bankruptcy.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/361466-vanity-fair-kushner-worried-mueller-probe-will-get-trump

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33318 on: November 22, 2017, 12:21:50 am »

A better way is a voting receipt that your employer must turn into a day of annual leave.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #33319 on: November 22, 2017, 01:09:41 am »
The c*nt cant even pardon a fucking turkey without talking about Obama or saying he feels good about himself...he must be expecting a thank you or at least a gobble

ARF

Oh and he's kinda endorsing Roy Moore the utter thundercunt bag of wank
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff