Author Topic: Greetings from Argentina and River Plate!  (Read 21003 times)

Offline hilly

• Kopite
Re: Greetings from Argentina and River Plate!
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2008, 12:08:40 pm »
RedBoyWonder, I've sent you a pm in regards to some money to go towards Nico.

Offline Pym

• Main Stander
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2008, 12:27:54 pm »
Dear Pym, can stay calm, you can get tickets the same day, but early, and with respect to his girlfriend, peude go quiet too, but I recommend not go to the "Popular" from the beginning without know.

Gracias por la informacion Nico, creo que voy al partido sin mi novia. Sabes cuanto es un billete mas o menos?

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2008, 12:57:33 pm »
Gracias por la informacion Nico, creo que voy al partido sin mi novia. Sabes cuanto es un billete mas o menos?

More or less 15 pesos, which would be 4 pounds

Just do not think you have problems, try to know which is a party of preseason summer, so it is not as important and there will be a lot of people.
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline MascheRiver

• Boys Pen
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 01:17:49 pm »

It' s better your girlfriend goes to Recoleta to see the markets and the urban artists, jeje..

Tickets Nico is talking about (popular) are the cheapest ones. The stadium place is very exciting but, I think, not too recommended to a foreigner that don´t know how to move in an argentine stadium. Usually there are thieves and people demanding money, etc. Everyone will know you are not from there.

I think is better to go to a little more expensive location as 'Platea San Martín Alta'. Not soooo exciting but enough, safer, and you will see better the game. Unless you want to live the ¡popular' ambient and can go with nico or any friend to there. It's just my opinion.

If you go to 'Platea San Martín', it's better to arrive to the stadium two hours before the match. You can see the 'reserva's' match between River & SL (the second teams, with U-19 players) and you can sit where you want. Don't look at yor seat number in your ticket, nobody takes care for that.

Don't worry about prizes. Will be incredible cheap for you. Most expensive ticket could be 15 pounds. Cheaper one, 2.5 pounds. You can buy your ticket since three or two days before in the stadium. Same day too.

Enjoy 'El Monumental'!! It just a deep deep feeling...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 01:30:43 pm by MascheRiver »

Offline Pym

• Main Stander
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2008, 02:59:32 pm »
Damn I'm excited now! Thanks for the help guys :)

Offline MascheRiver

• Boys Pen
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2008, 03:25:45 pm »
Damn I'm excited now! Thanks for the help guys :)

I want a post telling your experience then!!!

If you have another question (footboll or Argentina in general), ask it. It's free by now, hehehehe

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Cheeky bleeder. Thinks the mods are here to answer to his beck and call
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2008, 03:51:54 pm »
It' s better your girlfriend goes to Recoleta to see the markets and the urban artists, jeje..

ive been there its a nice little market next to the cemetary where eva peron is buried

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Cheeky bleeder. Thinks the mods are here to answer to his beck and call
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2008, 04:49:44 pm »
MascheRiver - Is your season finished in May? I am going to be in Buenos Aires from May 26th - June 1st I think. I would like to go to a match but I think the season is over. Is there any cup competition that is still on? If there is no football, can we go and see the stadium anyway? What is it like in the area around River's stadium?

What else do you think we should try and do while in Buenos Aires? We dont have too much time as inbetween we are heading up to Iguazu, but we have a few days to fill in BA! Thanks :)

eat steak and lots of it , its amazing

go to pacha

Recoleta market

go the shooting range next to the ground
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 05:08:05 pm by Waterloo Phil »

Offline MascheRiver

• Boys Pen
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2008, 09:19:48 pm »
HI Rhi,

No, the season will be in the last three matchdays. See this fixture http://www.afa.org.ar/?m=news&n=5277.
'Fecha 17' will be while you are there. Surely, the League will be very hot, hehehe.
River Plate will play away, very far, but you have Boca Juniors against Arsenal at 'Bombonera' or one of the greatest derbies in Argentina, Independiente v Racing. This one is a little dangerous to go really, but it's your decision.

Other option is if any team play decisive games (quarterfinals surely) of Copa Libertadores, the South American Champions League. Usually, that games are Wednesday or Thursday. River, Boca, San Lorenzo will play the tournament.

What you can do in BA?

To drink/eat:

Palermo Soho or Palermo Hollywood, two old neighborhoods whith very fashions bars & restaurants.

To visit:

Recoleta neighborhood (If you like architecture and don't care dead people, the Cemetery)
Caminito in La Boca neighborhood,
Palermo Park in the Libertador Avenue
San Telmo neighborhood (you can do it same day that Caminito. Sat & Sun there is a market with antiquities)
Puerto Madero (recycling docks in the Port with rest & bars).
Corrientes Avenue (lot of libraries, theatres & the Obelisco, a monument where we celebrate sports victories like 1986 World Cup ;D)

To shop:

Córdoba Avenue (there are five/six blocks with outlet shops)
Santa Fe Avenue

You have to eat steak till dead. And pasties, pasta & pizza. Any pizza restaurant in Corrientes Avenue will be memorable, mainly Banchero, El Palacio de la Pizza, Los Inmortales or Guerrin.
I recommend you eat any kind of pizza with fainá, triangles made with flour of chick-peas. Veeeery traditional.

This one is a small guide in english made by City of Buenos Aires's Tourist Office. There are some circuits: http://www.bue.gov.ar/imagenes_guias/guia_bsas_ingles.pdf

Hope I help you!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 09:26:01 pm by MascheRiver »

Offline MascheRiver

• Boys Pen
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2008, 09:25:01 pm »
Sorry, I forgot. The neighborhood close to River Plate Stadium is residential one. You can walk around and see some nice houses. Not so far you have a very big park and very close, the shoot range.

I don't know if you can visit the stadium now. I don't live in Buenos Aires since 2001 and lost that info.   

Offline Pym

• Main Stander
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2008, 11:31:55 pm »
I want a post telling your experience then!!!

If you have another question (footboll or Argentina in general), ask it. It's free by now, hehehehe

Yeah I will definitely let you know how I get on! Do you know what would be the best way to get there from the centre?

Offline MascheRiver

• Boys Pen
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2008, 01:47:54 am »
Rhi, you have three advantages:

1) There are a lot of european tourists

2) Argentine people use to speak decent english

3) Every place in the world you see two girls alone, you will try to help them!!  Argentina is not an exception!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Really, I didn't see before that you are a girl, so take care if you go to the stadium. Try to know someone who can go with you or ask in the travel agencies. They have tickets for foreigners and maybe you aln your friend can go in a van or something like that. Maybe could be not so exciting but safer.
Football in Argentina is not a war, but there are problems sometimes and if you don't know the stadium's neighborhoods, where could be a problem, etc, could be a little dangerous.

Pym, try to send to me your address in BA and I say to you the best way to go to 'El Monumental'. Well, best is by taxi, but to give some public transport options.

Ps: My only time in Anfield, I arrived by taxi, but it's just because I was on retard... I swear :)

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2008, 04:28:17 pm »
RedBoyWonder, I've sent you a pm in regards to some money to go towards Nico.

Cheers,

Nico I have your new Masch Liverpool Top, I will be sending it over to you via DHL.

Justice for the 96.

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2008, 04:36:18 pm »
Nico

I also got you a signed photo of Masch & a LFC pendant.

P.S if anyone would like to contribute to the cost PM me.
Justice for the 96.