Author Topic: Dortmund Away 7th April  (Read 117062 times)

Offline pompeyred

• lock up your bins
  • Anny Roader
  • NO PEACE TILL JUSTICE IS DONE JUSTICE FOR THE 97
Re: Dortmund Away 7th April
« Reply #1200 on: April 9, 2016, 08:15:59 pm »
great trip didnt get any tickets for pair of us, stayed in a airbnb £28 for the night, watched the game in the square out side mixims great hospitality great fans, the whole set up with public transport the relaxed atmosphere the passion of dortmund fans no ripoffs on food or drink just like cardiff, thats how football should be. great memories
SOS Member #6283

Offline Benitez Adoramus

• Main Stander
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1201 on: April 9, 2016, 09:26:55 pm »
Great trip. We just got back this evening. Dortmund fans sound. That period after goal was boss-Celebrations went on for ages. Another chapter of great memories.

'Jurgen don't worry about a thing. Cos every little thing, is gonna be alright'
One of the few singers left in the Kop

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
« Reply #1202 on: April 9, 2016, 09:46:38 pm »
Great trip. We just got back this evening. Dortmund fans sound. That period after goal was boss-Celebrations went on for ages. Another chapter of great memories.

'Jurgen don't worry about a thing. Cos every little thing, is gonna be alright'
The songs at HT were awesome. What a trip!

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1203 on: April 9, 2016, 10:02:01 pm »
What did everyone think of their atmosphere?

Thought the ground and the Sudtribune was incredible and the best ground i've ever been to, but think our atmosphere will be better in all hoenstly

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1204 on: April 9, 2016, 10:15:32 pm »
What did everyone think of their atmosphere?

Thought the ground and the Sudtribune was incredible and the best ground i've ever been to, but think our atmosphere will be better in all hoenstly

I didn't think it was that good. I was a bit dissapointed with them.

Beşiktaş twice and Liege were the loudest home support. They were that loud you couldn't get a song going in our end.

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
« Reply #1205 on: April 9, 2016, 10:37:33 pm »
I didn't think it was that good. I was a bit dissapointed with them.

Beşiktaş twice and Liege were the loudest home support. They were that loud you couldn't get a song going in our end.
I thought they were brilliant, considering we couldn't be further away from the Yellow Wall, they were very loud. For example, if you're in the Anny Rd, the Kop doesn't really sound 'frighteningly loud', even on the european nights (I was in there for Utd in europa this season).
« Last Edit: April 9, 2016, 10:50:25 pm by MakeUsDream2005 »

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: April 9, 2016, 10:50:52 pm »
I thought they were brilliant, considering we couldn't be further away from the Yellow Wall. For example, if you're in the Anny Rd, the Kop doesn't really sound 'frighteningly loud', even on the european nights (I was in there for Utd in europa this season).

They were unreal at the start when they were all bouncing. Some sight that

I wish we would wave our flags all game its class

Online DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #1207 on: April 10, 2016, 12:51:36 am »
Absolutely top quality trip all around. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Alten Market was immense, train to the ground was top notch, concourse at the ground was savage, match was boss. Just watching the game back now.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #1208 on: April 10, 2016, 09:13:20 am »
Agree with the above posters that The Yellow Wall atmosphere was nothing impressive from our end.

Basel last year and even Augsburg two rounds ago sounded miles and miles better.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1209 on: April 10, 2016, 10:27:19 am »
The only impressive thing I heard from the Yellow Wall was when they were singing from there to our end of the goal before KO like Marseille do.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1210 on: April 10, 2016, 10:36:16 am »
When things get built up they rarely match expectation so it's always worth keeping this in mind when discussing the atmosphere.

It's also worth noting that when we stand in the kop and it sounds loud, it's likely very different from the Anfield Road end perspective. Half the time in the Kop you can't even hear 304 from 306 let alone anywhere else.

Inside the stadium our corner was as far away from the Yellow wall as we could possibly be.

Their support was boss. In early (as were we - 2 hours before). An hour before it was almost full. Drinking (non-alcoholic on euro nights) and smoking all fine. All their fans that I could see in that south stand were standing. All of them. The Yellow Wall looked bouncing. Scarfs twirling all over. They're very organised. Very impressive. Loved it.

The back and forth they did was loud between the yellow wall and south stand. Their goal was loud. There was rarely a moment where things fell silent like at Anfield. You could hear the drums. Their support was top - hardly saw any getting off early or moaning. Just supporting their side. They do have an annoying PA system and play goal music though.

I never really heard the Yellow Wall songs/chants that much if I'm being honest. Beşiktaş last year made my ears split. Maybe a bit closer would have made all the difference? Also our end was up for it so we were giving it back.

It was loud all night - incredible atmosphere and occasion, just not as in your face as I thought it might be or on top of you where it overwhelms - I've been at games where we've been singing and not actually been able to hear myself sing. Someone said about Basel a few years ago. Their rhythmic clapping was loud - in a 35k stadium. Maybe just because we were closer?

I'm not playing the Yellow Wall down. It was a sight and you have to remember Europe for them is probably less of an atmosphere than a league game because it's worth remembering as well that wall on a league game they would have about TEN THOUSAND more people in. That would make a significant difference as well.

I thought our end was (apart from Utd) the best it's been away from home in actual Europe. Normally everyone is too wasted but that only seemed to drop around 70minutes. YNWA was special. The goal and half time was very special indeed. I hope George gets his Bob Marley CD out for Thursday.

I do hope they soon don't become a victim of their own success. Around Dortmund on the day there were loads of people there for the day - obviously not from Dortmund. Hopefully they can manage that better than Anfield has chasing that money and now ended up in a mess.

What struck me the most about this was how vastly different their football fans are treated. Welcomed. Loved. Liked. Part of it. Come have a drink and a smoke and stand up. Let's make transport easy and free. What else can we do for you or what do you want? It's miles different in terms of how they are viewed and treated.

It's a special place without a doubt but don't be told that it's better than us when our fans invented it all.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: April 10, 2016, 12:23:32 pm »
Another quality trip. Alten Market, good Schnitzel in a local restaurant, top Company, Good atmosphere, brilliant in the Supporters Club straight after the game having a sing along with the locals.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1212 on: April 10, 2016, 01:03:08 pm »
How good is curry wurst.

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: April 10, 2016, 01:50:57 pm »
What a trip! Got back late last night. The night before the game in Alter Markt was rocking and loved footy and flares in the square the day of the game. From the goal to half time, our end was fantastic. Found some sort of student night on the Friday too to finish off the week. Also, we need a currywurst stand in Liverpool.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1214 on: April 10, 2016, 02:08:40 pm »

I thought our end was (apart from Utd) the best it's been away from home in actual Europe. Normally everyone is too wasted but that only seemed to drop around 70minutes. YNWA was special. The goal and half time was very special indeed. I hope George gets his Bob Marley CD out for Thursday.

What struck me the most about this was how vastly different their football fans are treated. Welcomed. Loved. Liked. Part of it. Come have a drink and a smoke and stand up. Let's make transport easy and free. What else can we do for you or what do you want? It's miles different in terms of how they are viewed and treated.

George has already said he's playing it! (FB/Twitter) :D

We were very impressed with their organisation/transport etc - as you say, they treat supporters as we'd want to be treated. We were going to drive to the ground but soon after we left our flat saw some home fans with a scarf out of the window so took a chance and followed them. They parked (free) near a local U-bahn stop and got the train the rest of the way so we did the same. Was great. Both sets of fans singing and bouncing on it, all dead friendly!

Got back last night. Shattered today but was a fantastic trip all round.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1215 on: April 10, 2016, 02:38:46 pm »
George has already said he's playing it! (FB/Twitter) :D

We were very impressed with their organisation/transport etc - as you say, they treat supporters as we'd want to be treated. We were going to drive to the ground but soon after we left our flat saw some home fans with a scarf out of the window so took a chance and followed them. They parked (free) near a local U-bahn stop and got the train the rest of the way so we did the same. Was great. Both sets of fans singing and bouncing on it, all dead friendly!

Got back last night. Shattered today but was a fantastic trip all round.

In the Alten Markt, a well dressed older couple (50's/60's) came up and took pictures of the Reds in the square and the flags. Smiled at them and they said good luck, hope you do well and have a wonderful time. Felt quite marked from the reaction you'd have over here.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: April 10, 2016, 03:06:11 pm »
Words can't describe just how good that was.
Zum Alten Market was bouncing long after they stopped serving on Wednesday and we found a BVB pub just off the square and sang/danced/bounced/got leathered with their fans and some great reds. Checked into our hotel at 3:15 am  ;D
Thursday was also quality from start to finish - The square, underground to the ground, when we scored, HT songs, then back to the square. Awesome.

That pub off the square was class.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: April 10, 2016, 07:04:26 pm »
Went and bought a ball from that shop in the square, was the first one to do it. Think me ball lasted about 5 kicks before the bizzies took it off some lad

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #1218 on: April 10, 2016, 07:10:30 pm »
Class trip

Bought a crate of ale in the supermarket place and also bought a local older woman's cabbage for her that was in the queue behind. She couldn't believe our generosity haha
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: April 10, 2016, 08:27:08 pm »
also bought a local older woman's cabbage

You sure this wasn't down Linienestrasse ?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1220 on: April 10, 2016, 08:29:54 pm »
Getting there quite late and unable to find many places open near where we were staying in Castrop-Rauxel, we decided to try the local Greek restaurant heading towards Dortmund - Apollon. There were only a few in there so the waiter was probably pleased to see the 5 of us. He apologised for his English but it was miles better than my smattering of school-German - he acted out anything he couldn't remember the English for! :) So we were fine.

The food was lovely and portions HUGE - we wouldn't have got starters if we'd known how big the mains would be! I think I was the only one to finish my main course - mainly as mine was half veg with some chicken. But friends had huge plates of meat to get through!

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to sound like a review, but when we asked for the bill (before dessert as we needed rolling out as it was!), he gave us free Ouzo too :D The bill came to about 83 Euros but none of us had change so we put in 20 each - cheap given what we had had.

Well, the waiter was almost crying!

"No, no that's too much!"
"No, it's fine, it was worth it"
"Nobody has ever given me that much tip!"

His eyes were filling up!! But it really didn't seem that much to us. And he'd been so happy to explain things and given us free Ouzos... :D Was lovely. He went back to his colleague and told him what we had done too! They were both made up and waved us out.

We are a team of one half.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1221 on: April 11, 2016, 01:05:56 pm »
That pub off the square was class.
Think that was called Gansemarkt mate........brilliant in there with the singing in afternoon of game and mixing with the very friendly Dortmund supporters. Went back there after the game too.....lost half of our lot though !? Only just surfaced after that trip - caught a stinking cold on way back. Great trip though, met some top Reds (Kev, Dave & gang) !

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1222 on: April 11, 2016, 01:49:30 pm »
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline bono1712

• Kopite
  • "Shankly is our hero he showed us how to play"
« Reply #1223 on: April 11, 2016, 02:01:58 pm »

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to sound like a review, but when we asked for the bill (before dessert as we needed rolling out as it was!), he gave us free Ouzo too :D The bill came to about 83 Euros but none of us had change so we put in 20 each - cheap given what we had had.

Well, the waiter was almost crying!

"No, no that's too much!"
"No, it's fine, it was worth it"
"Nobody has ever given me that much tip!"

His eyes were filling up!! But it really didn't seem that much to us. And he'd been so happy to explain things and given us free Ouzos... :D Was lovely. He went back to his colleague and told him what we had done too! They were both made up and waved us out.

Fuckin hell I'm welling up myself
@bono1712

Offline jonesygeez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1224 on: April 11, 2016, 02:33:12 pm »

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE SAID.  I've never felt so welcome at an away.........made for zero trouble

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1225 on: April 11, 2016, 04:07:04 pm »
Think that was called Gansemarkt mate........brilliant in there with the singing in afternoon of game and mixing with the very friendly Dortmund supporters. Went back there after the game too.....lost half of our lot though !? Only just surfaced after that trip - caught a stinking cold on way back. Great trip though, met some top Reds (Kev, Dave & gang) !
was in there late weds and much of thursday afternoon - great atmosphere and great German Hospitality

Offline aliverbirduponmychest

• Kopite
  • A team that plays total football.
« Reply #1226 on: April 11, 2016, 08:29:20 pm »
How good is curry wurst.
This. 6 Euros 30 in Maximillan.
SoS membership number 4158
JFT 96

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: April 12, 2016, 02:39:16 am »
Stayed in Bochum on Wednesday and met up with our group on Thursday lunchtime there. Bochum was brilliant....Thursday morning the guy at the Hotel reception was so apologetic about having to charge me 8 Euros more for my 2 hour late checkout...offered him an extra fiver if I could go back and crash for another hour....as said Bochum was ace. ;D

Met up and departed for Dortmund...taxi to hotel and boooom..no room!
All details and confirmations in hand..das boot ist voll.

Offered another hotel so, alright...was miles away so taxi back to the station and locked my bag up.
Went back to Bochum after the game. Thanks lads...job well done sneaking me in and out. 8)

Personally I was a bit disapointed from their support but I reckon from our end we only heard ourselves....hard to say.

So friendly(except for the non-existing hotel room people.) so much fun...fantastic trip.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:48:51 am by Heno »
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: April 12, 2016, 07:06:10 am »
How good is curry wurst.

Better than the footy IMO
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Albert Shears

• Main Stander
  • Rafa Loyalist
« Reply #1229 on: April 12, 2016, 02:53:26 pm »
Anyone else in the same pub Wednesday night, switched off all the lights and stopped serving, me and a mate walked out soon after, could see them on the phone behind the bar, shortly after two police vans rolled up outside, saw most turn up in wenkers 15 mins later so assume there was no trouble. Great trip.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #1230 on: April 12, 2016, 04:11:47 pm »
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline aliverbirduponmychest

• Kopite
  • A team that plays total football.
« Reply #1231 on: April 12, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »
Anyone else in the same pub Wednesday night, switched off all the lights and stopped serving, me and a mate walked out soon after, could see them on the phone behind the bar, shortly after two police vans rolled up outside, saw most turn up in wenkers 15 mins later so assume there was no trouble. Great trip.
We were in there and went to The bar/restaurant to the left hand side as you walked out the bar. Wenkers was to the right I think? as you said two vans turned up but they just got out and stood in the square however after they'd gone there were to scallies who had a go at the security in Maximillan (directly opposite the bar that closed) a few punches were thrown but nothing serious. Fantastic trip overall. Curry Wurst is boss!
SoS membership number 4158
JFT 96

Online DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
« Reply #1232 on: April 13, 2016, 10:20:27 am »
Has anyone got a video or seen videos anywhere online of the train from city centre out to the stadium? It was epic stuff, sickened I didn't throw the phone on record for any of it

Offline Albert Shears

• Main Stander
  • Rafa Loyalist
« Reply #1233 on: April 13, 2016, 10:38:50 am »
Has anyone got a video or seen videos anywhere online of the train from city centre out to the stadium? It was epic stuff, sickened I didn't throw the phone on record for any of it
think a friend might. Same train with a bald fella wearing a LFC flag as a cape? Train was literally rocking

Online DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
« Reply #1234 on: April 13, 2016, 02:26:05 pm »
think a friend might. Same train with a bald fella wearing a LFC flag as a cape? Train was literally rocking

Nice one mate. Could you PM me if he does, be great to get it off you/him through WhatsApp or something. Literally rocking is right!! Top class

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #1235 on: April 13, 2016, 04:03:30 pm »
haha it was amazing that train. Every stop you ended about 30ft down the train and then back again.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #1236 on: April 14, 2016, 09:51:20 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHX6iGigpxE

After Twenkers got ugly and we hit the streets on wednesday. Love Euro aways.....

Offline Toxteth_Terror

• Kopite
« Reply #1237 on: April 14, 2016, 10:51:15 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHX6iGigpxE

After Twenkers got ugly and we hit the streets on wednesday. Love Euro aways.....

Class  ;D

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #1238 on: April 17, 2016, 09:25:59 pm »
that wasent you in the black merc on the ferry LFC number plate?

No mate , we did Eurotunnel £53 return, not bad shared between 3 of us
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'