Author Topic: Television buying  (Read 368945 times)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Television buying
« Reply #4840 on: November 23, 2017, 03:01:53 pm »
Have all TV's stopped around the 55" size? I know there are 60-70 etc but not that many....I thought OLED was the big thing for making huge cheap TV's?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4841 on: November 23, 2017, 03:05:23 pm »
There are loads in the 60"+ size range, but the problem is these are fucking huge and the average family lounge can't really fit one in and for it to be comfortable to view.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4842 on: November 23, 2017, 04:39:52 pm »
My dads looking for a telly, any size with a budget of £500. What's the best tech he can get in that price range? OLED?

Bought this Hisense 50 Inch 4K a few weeks ago for £429 after hearing glowing reviews from a couple of workmates who had a similar model...

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7392292

they reduced it to £379 last week.....got in touch with them to complain id only just bought it and blah blah ...and they gave me a £50 voucher to cover the difference

couldnt be happier - absolute belter of a TV...highly recommended
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #4843 on: November 26, 2017, 05:24:20 pm »
Have all TV's stopped around the 55" size? I know there are 60-70 etc but not that many....I thought OLED was the big thing for making huge cheap TV's?

OLED currently makes big high quality very expensive screens, getting cheaper now with each generation but still generally expensive although they are the best picture quality on balance.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4844 on: November 26, 2017, 06:28:53 pm »
Bought this Hisense 50 Inch 4K a few weeks ago for £429 after hearing glowing reviews from a couple of workmates who had a similar model...

they reduced it to £379 last week.....got in touch with them to complain id only just bought it and blah blah ...and they gave me a £50 voucher to cover the difference

Seems like a bargain mate. I bought my daughters a 40 inch SEIKI a few months ago and its perfect. You don't really have to go expensive for a reasonable telly.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4845 on: December 21, 2017, 11:16:50 am »
Lg oled 55E7 for £1099 probably best bargain I have ever got fully recommend it to anyone looking.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4846 on: December 21, 2017, 12:56:34 pm »
Lg oled 55E7 for £1099 probably best bargain I have ever got fully recommend it to anyone looking.

where's that mate

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4847 on: December 21, 2017, 02:03:51 pm »
where's that mate

Was Black Friday deal with LG cashback on top absolute bargain. Finished now unfortunately. But can give the TV two thumbs up.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4848 on: December 21, 2017, 02:29:04 pm »

I have just picked one of these up for the lads room,I had a grand set aside for an xbox one s and an 4K tele,with this tele and the Currys black Friday Xbox I have gotten them both + and extra controller for just over £632.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4849 on: December 30, 2017, 04:30:36 pm »
Bought a new 4K TV over Christmas and just wondering is it worth turning Dynamic Contrast on whilst gaming?

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #4850 on: December 31, 2017, 02:22:54 am »
.....OLED currently makes big high quality very expensive screens..... 

Not quite.   OLED does not manufacture TVs.
OLED TV is a television display technology based on the characteristics of organic light-emitting diodes (OLED).
OLED TV is a different technology to LED TV and the panels are made by LG.
Samsung has it's own version which it calls QLED.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 11:18:29 am by eAyeAddio »
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #4851 on: December 31, 2017, 02:32:06 am »
HDmi cable to buy?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014I8SIJY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

this one will be alright won't it?

It will be fine.
There is so much bs around HDMI cables. The signal is exactly the same whether you pay £4 or £100.
The difference in price is down to the construction of the cable not the signal.
Just make sure that the HDMI cable you buy is 2.0 version.
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline Lucho_LFC8

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4852 on: December 31, 2017, 10:29:31 pm »
Recently bought a Samsung 40MU6400 4K tv, is there any specific picture set up to get the best out of these tv’s?
Iv noticed just watching Netflix etc any fast hand movement in particular seems to be a bit blurry or laggy not sure how to describe it.
Also just noticed while watching MOTD on the HD channels and there seems to be a bit of a stutter in the picture the odd time?
Could it be just getting used to a new tv or just nitpicking?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4853 on: December 31, 2017, 11:55:28 pm »
Recently bought a Samsung 40MU6400 4K tv, is there any specific picture set up to get the best out of these tv’s?
Iv noticed just watching Netflix etc any fast hand movement in particular seems to be a bit blurry or laggy not sure how to describe it.
Also just noticed while watching MOTD on the HD channels and there seems to be a bit of a stutter in the picture the odd time?
Could it be just getting used to a new tv or just nitpicking?

Try this https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu7000/settings

From what I've briefly read the mu7000 is supposed to be equivalent to the mu6400 in he UK

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4854 on: January 1, 2018, 03:13:39 pm »

Picked up a Black Friday 65" B6 for 1500 CHF, was on the fence on buying a new TV as we watch less & less but an OLED/4k is a significant change in the technology.  Even 1080p/i content, really remarkable

Offline Lucho_LFC8

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4855 on: January 1, 2018, 04:01:00 pm »
Try this https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu7000/settings

From what I've briefly read the mu7000 is supposed to be equivalent to the mu6400 in he UK
Thanks  :wave the picture colour isn’t as bright, but it’s definitly helped with any sort of pixelation.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4856 on: January 7, 2018, 03:54:03 pm »
Don’t know if this is the right thread for it but recently bought a sound bar and bought an optical cable seperate. Now when I put the cable in I hear a weird humming noise coming from the sound bar but when I connect it through the AUX it’s gone.

Anything I’ve done wrong?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4857 on: January 12, 2018, 11:14:48 pm »
Just been given a smart TV. It's not wireless though for internet. Is this what I need to make it wireless?

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6007014
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:16:41 pm by Brneylfc »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4858 on: January 16, 2018, 12:31:36 pm »
Just been given a smart TV. It's not wireless though for internet. Is this what I need to make it wireless?

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6007014
You would be far better off getting a fire stick for an extra 20 quid. Will work better than the TVs smart functionality.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4859 on: March 22, 2018, 01:07:27 pm »
Looking at buying a 32" TV for the bedroom and was just looking at a few at John Lewis, now the one I have chosen is a Toshiba with Freeview HD and Freeview play etc. Now, I have seen a LG that has the above but also Freesat HD. I done a bit of research and the channels available on Freesat seem the ones available on Freeview - so what are the advantages of Freesat ?

Its only £20 more so was thinking of getting it but not sure.

Ta

Toshiba I was going to buy
https://www.johnlewis.com/toshiba-32l3753db-led-full-hd-1080p-smart-tv-32-with-built-in-wi-fi-freeview-hd-freeview-play-black/p3266226

LG one with Freesat
https://www.johnlewis.com/lg-32lj610v-led-full-hd-1080p-smart-tv-32-with-freesat-hd-freeview-play-black-metallic/p3364033

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4860 on: March 22, 2018, 01:16:39 pm »
Don't think there's any advantage with Freeview over Freesat. On Freesat there's more channels, more HD, more coverage. Obviously it just has the requirement of a satellite dish.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4861 on: March 22, 2018, 01:36:43 pm »
Cheers Graeme much appreciated. I was more thinking is Freesat better than Freeview but haven't got a dish so will go with the Toshiba, free delivery and 5 year guarantee so seems a sound deal.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4862 on: April 28, 2018, 03:25:00 pm »
Looking to sell my Hitachi 49 inch 4K TV which I bought the beginning of January and is in fantastic condition.

Bought it for £350 looking to sell for £200 if anyone’s interested drop me a pm!

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4863 on: May 15, 2018, 07:32:33 pm »
been after a mid range 4k tv for a while, decided on this

https://www.richersounds.com/panasonic-tx50ex750b.html

i actually don't care for the 3d but on the whole seems like a decent tele. adjustable stand too.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4864 on: May 24, 2018, 05:55:10 pm »
been after a mid range 4k tv for a while, decided on this

https://www.richersounds.com/panasonic-tx50ex750b.html

i actually don't care for the 3d but on the whole seems like a decent tele. adjustable stand too.

How much is this? It says it’s out of stock at the min and can’t seem to find a price.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4865 on: July 3, 2018, 01:36:25 pm »
Is wireless HDMI any good?

Doing a full re-wire on a house and weighing up wether I need leads buring everywhere. One worry I have is that one day HDMI leads will become obsolete and ill have a tonne of the stuff buried in my walls!

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #4866 on: July 4, 2018, 09:09:36 pm »
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4867 on: July 4, 2018, 09:13:40 pm »
How much is this? It says it’s out of stock at the min and can’t seem to find a price.

Only just seen this mate sorry. It was 650

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4868 on: July 4, 2018, 09:41:09 pm »
Brother in law just bought a 50" electriQ 4k full android, this one:

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/eiq-50uhdt2sm/electriq-eiq50uhdt2sm-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-led-smart-tv-with-android?refsource=APadwords&refsource=Apadwords&gclid=CjwKCAjw4PHZBRA-EiwAAas4ZjUfSSjaWOuu8i0sZe9h5xzNHO1H6MJyHwK_v2RIY1Npesx9H8MD1BoCL-QQAvD_BwE

Tempted myself but have no clue, how easy is it to add apps for this as its fully android?

Yeah easy enough to add apps & it's Android 5.1 so whilst it's not the latest at least it isn't 4.1 so will run most apps and Kodi 17 & as it has a browser you can download the likes of Terrariumtv and the live tv apps easy enough.

I personally wouldn't buy an Android tv as it is just one more thing that can go tits up,that is just a personal choice and not because I have heard bad things about them.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #4869 on: July 5, 2018, 03:13:23 pm »
Cheers WhereAngelsPlay, to be honest I'm not totally arsed about full android myself, though it was a decent deal. As long as it has Youtube and Netflix I'll be happy!
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4870 on: July 6, 2018, 11:37:22 am »
Is wireless HDMI any good?

Doing a full re-wire on a house and weighing up wether I need leads buring everywhere. One worry I have is that one day HDMI leads will become obsolete and ill have a tonne of the stuff buried in my walls!
Depends on how much you spend - and it's only ever as good as your internet connection. I would hard wire to be honest.
cyas

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4871 on: July 7, 2018, 04:35:48 am »
For hdmi you need to hardwire and it would also need to be 4K capable hdmi which will future proof you for the next 10 years.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4872 on: July 26, 2018, 01:06:15 pm »
Decided to finally get inolved in 4K, mainly for the use of PS4. After doing a bit of research the best i’ve found for a budget of less than £550 is this -

https://www.richersounds.com/samsung-ue49nu7100.html

Just wondering if anyone has come across anything better for that price before i go for it.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4873 on: July 26, 2018, 03:43:17 pm »
Sony at £550 as well - not sure which is the best - they all tend to be the same quality wise around that price.  6 year guarantee is pretty decent though - Sony is an extra £99

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/kd49xe7002bu/sony-kd49xe7002bu

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4874 on: August 21, 2018, 08:31:19 pm »
Been looking at 4K TVs and considering OLED - I looked at reviews and saw one mentioning vertical banding problems, it was the LG 55 B7 I was googling and I don't know if I'm just being paranoid now and this isn't something I'd ever actually notice, anyone have one of these or is a telly nerd? ;D

I've also been looking at the models from this year, the C8, which when I google the banding issue doesn't turn up many mentions (there's loads if you google the B7!) theres a thread on AV forums with the odd pic but they look like fuck all compared to the B7 pics, so I'm wondering if it was last years big issue and they've sorted it...? wish I hadn't looked at the fucking reviews now!

The C8 is like £700 more at the mo, not in any rush to buy so will likely wait for Black Friday, but just want to know what I'm looking out for when it comes round.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:36:09 pm by Claire. »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4875 on: August 21, 2018, 09:37:37 pm »
My TV is shit. Reckon I've had it for 11 years now. Only 720p and no fancy shit with it like YouTube etc. I'd love to get a new one. Got it from Currys and have whatever happens insurance with it. Sadly it works perfectly. Just wish something would go wrong with it or it fall over and smash to bits so I could replace it without having to pay.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline the oxonian

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4876 on: August 21, 2018, 09:38:03 pm »
I've got the Panasonic 55 oled, its quality, watched the world cup on it and the BBC's coverage was sharp as!  the actual game coverage wasnt so good compared( not sure if right but think that was due to different coverage). Nature programmes are a pleasure to watch too
Not had any vertical banding , which was somthing i was a little worried about too.
Paid 1700 for mine from Currys on interest free credit, if thats of interest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4877 on: August 21, 2018, 10:27:37 pm »
My TV is shit. Reckon I've had it for 11 years now. Only 720p and no fancy shit with it like YouTube etc. I'd love to get a new one. Got it from Currys and have whatever happens insurance with it. Sadly it works perfectly. Just wish something would go wrong with it or it fall over and smash to bits so I could replace it without having to pay.

Drop it whilst carrying it down the stairs.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4878 on: August 21, 2018, 10:33:58 pm »
Drop it whilst carrying it down the stairs.
Lives in a bungalow....

Made of foam..

;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4879 on: August 22, 2018, 08:23:42 am »
I've got the Panasonic 55 oled, its quality, watched the world cup on it and the BBC's coverage was sharp as!  the actual game coverage wasnt so good compared( not sure if right but think that was due to different coverage). Nature programmes are a pleasure to watch too
Not had any vertical banding , which was somthing i was a little worried about too.
Paid 1700 for mine from Currys on interest free credit, if thats of interest.

Cheers mate, think I'm just being paranoid, or maybe I should look at the panasonics again. We've got a panasonic now and been really happy with it.

John Lewis are doing interest free on panasonics over £2k, if anyone here is interested in an upgrade... Barney? ;D