The Liverpool FC Forum > RAWK Announcements, Feedback & Questions

a question for one of the mods

<< < (2/203) > >>

John C:

--- Quote from: slotmachine on December  2, 2017, 10:44:10 pm --- As long as mods are consistent and not being selective on issuing warnings im sound.

--- End quote ---
Like we may target posters with the name slot or machine in their name  ;D
Some of you take warnings too seriously and some of you don't take heed of some warnings sometime.

24/7:
Looking at the log, there was a message attached to the negativity warning that read like this:

"Most of your posts (especially recently) are so fucking negative and critical. If you cannot celebrate a two nil lead away from home then what the fuck is wrong with you? Are you sure you're on the right forum?"

That reads like a staff member sick of the knee-jerking tripe that you defend yourself as merely expressing an opinion and also reads like a staff member who doesn't see recent post history as constructive. You clearly disagree but perhaps there's a nugget of truth you don't want to see or won't?

The one about 'wtf' and 'lol' is there to remind people that "RAWK is not a mobile phone" and we're not 12.. The occasional use of acronyms in some posts is fine because they aid communication at times - but that warning template was put in place to address a perceived over-reliance on txt spk as a form of communication. At that moment in time, it appears not have been seen as a constructive contribution.

At the end of the day, we try to raise standards - and if our warnings sometimes come across as needlessly aggressive or whatever plaintive defence people wish to call upon, put it in perspective of having to read hundreds and thousands of shite posts that add nothing to the site.

We don't issue warnings in isolation as some kind of witch hunt against selected individuals, we do place things into context and perception is reality. Sometimes on a forum this size you need to develop a thick skin. That said, the more people pop up on radar, the more light is shed on them and the more inquisitive we become........

Your abusive post in September, gaining you the temporary removal of posting rights, was "your a fucking liability to our fanbase and humanity. gobshite."

Not much wriggle room there!

However, now you've explained the Klopp tactics comment, I've rescinded that warning.
This line of yours indicates there's still hope ;) 

"I think i maybe need to pause a moment before clicking post in the future and read what im posting. thanks for your feedback."
Now everything's rosy again. Would you like a seasonally-themed username? There's a thread for that ;D

jillcwhomever:
Can Bobby's thread be opened by someone, after yesterday he deserves some love. Thanks.  ;D

slotmachine:

--- Quote from: 24/Snowven on December  3, 2017, 10:40:25 am ---Looking at the log, there was a message attached to the negativity warning that read like this:

"Most of your posts (especially recently) are so fucking negative and critical. If you cannot celebrate a two nil lead away from home then what the fuck is wrong with you? Are you sure you're on the right forum?"

That reads like a staff member sick of the knee-jerking tripe that you defend yourself as merely expressing an opinion and also reads like a staff member who doesn't see recent post history as constructive. You clearly disagree but perhaps there's a nugget of truth you don't want to see or won't?

The one about 'wtf' and 'lol' is there to remind people that "RAWK is not a mobile phone" and we're not 12.. The occasional use of acronyms in some posts is fine because they aid communication at times - but that warning template was put in place to address a perceived over-reliance on txt spk as a form of communication. At that moment in time, it appears not have been seen as a constructive contribution.

At the end of the day, we try to raise standards - and if our warnings sometimes come across as needlessly aggressive or whatever plaintive defence people wish to call upon, put it in perspective of having to read hundreds and thousands of shite posts that add nothing to the site.

We don't issue warnings in isolation as some kind of witch hunt against selected individuals, we do place things into context and perception is reality. Sometimes on a forum this size you need to develop a thick skin. That said, the more people pop up on radar, the more light is shed on them and the more inquisitive we become........

Your abusive post in September, gaining you the temporary removal of posting rights, was "your a fucking liability to our fanbase and humanity. gobshite."

Not much wriggle room there!

However, now you've explained the Klopp tactics comment, I've rescinded that warning.
This line of yours indicates there's still hope ;) 

"I think i maybe need to pause a moment before clicking post in the future and read what im posting. thanks for your feedback."
Now everything's rosy again. Would you like a seasonally-themed username? There's a thread for that ;D

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply and the message rescinding the warning. I will take the feedback on board. If you want to give me a new username for chrimbo cant be any worse than my current one.  ;D ;D

Kashinoda:
You're right to question this abuse of power mate, there's a pattern of behavior here. I was not only warned but banned in 2015 for the mod team failing to spot blatant sarcasm and fishing. What's worse is my original post was removed so they can deny everything.

--- Quote ---Kashinoda,

You've received a warning for a lack of respect to the manager or players.

Please modify your posting accordingly.

Regards,
The Red and White Kop Liverpool FC Forum Team.
--- End quote ---

We're not allowed to criticise the team evidently, no doubt in the pocket of FSG or pushing an agenda  :wanker

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version