Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603540 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #7160 on: February 25, 2020, 06:16:53 pm »
Great speech from Jordan at the Kobe memorial, really touching.
he managed to make us cry and laugh at the same time.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7161 on: March 3, 2020, 09:46:43 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/03/spike-lee-new-york-knicks-james-dolan

So the summer after you miss out on superstars in free agency, you treat your biggest fan like this, never change knicks

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7162 on: March 4, 2020, 04:35:22 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/03/spike-lee-new-york-knicks-james-dolan

So the summer after you miss out on superstars in free agency, you treat your biggest fan like this, never change knicks

The circus continues, they're just a massive joke. I mean arguing over which entrance to use fuck me, too busy with off-court appointments and controversies, no wonder they're in such a state. I do feel sorry for the ordinary fans though.

Made up they never got Zion, probably would have ruined him as well. On Zion anyone actually watched him yet for the Pelicans? I don't watch much college basketball so outside of highlights so never seen him last year. Wow the hype is real on this kid, he's such a beast in the paint at 19, he'll be unstoppable in years to come especially if he can improve his mid-range and 3pt game. Needs a summer with Chris Brickley.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7163 on: March 4, 2020, 10:09:49 pm »
He’s gonna be unstoppable whether he can shoot or not. He has Shaq potential.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7164 on: March 7, 2020, 10:32:19 am »
Porzingis has been playing great lately, i think they will upset the Nuggets if they get them and take it to 7th game vs the Rockets. They match terribly vs the Clippers and Lakers though.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7165 on: March 8, 2020, 01:29:17 pm »
LeBron refusing to play if there's no fans...

LeBron James said he “ain’t playing” if there are no fans in the arena due to concerns about the coronavirus.

The Los Angeles Laker spoke with reporters after the team's win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday at the Staples Center.

"We play games without the fans?" James asked incredulously. "Nah, it’s impossible."

"I ain’t playing," James continued. "I ain’t got the fans in the crowd. That’s who I play for. I play for my teammates. I play for the fans. That’s what it’s all about. If I show up to an arena and there are no fans in there, I ain’t playing. They can do what they want to do."

The question came as sports arenas and other large venues try to grapple with the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, which has killed an estimated 17 people across the U.S. as of Friday.

Multiple NBA team executives told USA Today Sports that they have considered playing in empty arenas as a last resort to prevent the spread of the virus.

The basketball league reportedly sent teams a memo on Friday telling them to prepare for the possibility of fanless games and identifying which personnel would need to attend.

The Golden State Warriors released a statement saying the Saturday game against the Philadelphia 76ers will continue as scheduled. The team noted that the game will be televised nationally and encouraged fans who are feeling sick not to attend.

Sports venues across the world are scrambling to implement contingency plans, including the Summer Olympics, which are scheduled to begin on July 24 in Tokyo.

Organizers of the upcoming Tokyo Games held a test event on Friday with no fans or top athletes present to test the rock climbing facilities.

Nippon Professional Baseball — Japan's baseball league — is holding preseason games in empty stadiums, and the J.League (soccer) has postponed matches until March 18.

In Italy, the epicenter of the European outbreak, three players and a staff member of the Tuscany-based soccer club US Pianese have tested positive for coronavirus. 

In the U.S., a CenturyLink Field concessions employee who worked during the XFL's Seattle Dragons home game on Feb. 22 tested positive. Officials say the 22,060 people at the game are at low risk of contracting the virus.

More than 300 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in the U.S., while more than 100,000 cases have been reported worldwide.

Washington state continues to be the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., with at least 14 deaths there. However, Florida officials on Friday confirmed the first two deaths on the East Coast.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/486428-lebron-james-i-aint-playing-if-there-are-no-fans-due-to

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7166 on: March 8, 2020, 10:32:01 pm »
Long live the king

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7167 on: March 8, 2020, 11:15:13 pm »
A virtuoso, can't wait to hear Shannon Sharpe's take on it tomorrow  :D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7168 on: March 8, 2020, 11:29:34 pm »
Lebron was quite impressive today.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7169 on: March 8, 2020, 11:33:42 pm »
A virtuoso, can't wait to hear Shannon Sharpe's take on it tomorrow  :D

Uncle Shay is on Lebron's payroll 24/7, he's going to wild out tomorrow  ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7170 on: March 8, 2020, 11:38:43 pm »
GOAT mask will definitely be out. Avery Bradley was unreal tonight, not sure Lakers can bank on that for a whole playoff series though.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7171 on: March 8, 2020, 11:39:38 pm »
GOAT mask will definitely be out. Avery Bradley was unreal tonight, not sure Lakers can bank on that for a whole playoff series though.

The Henny will be on the table for sure too  ;D Yeah I don't think so either mate, I think the Clippers have too much depth, but Lebron is the xfactor so you never know

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7172 on: March 8, 2020, 11:40:15 pm »
Lebron was quite impressive today.
Deffo. Caught some of it. Great performance.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7173 on: March 8, 2020, 11:41:14 pm »
The Henny will be on the table for sure too  ;D Yeah I don't think so either mate, I think the Clippers have too much depth, but Lebron is the xfactor so you never know

I'm wildly obsessed with that show even though I know what they're going to say before they start. Yeah that's the way I see it too, I'll be happy to watch a seven game series between the two though.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7174 on: March 8, 2020, 11:50:51 pm »
I'm wildly obsessed with that show even though I know what they're going to say before they start. Yeah that's the way I see it too, I'll be happy to watch a seven game series between the two though.

The combination with the troll that is Skip is hilarious, Shannon has a great personality, despite the topics being tedious at times, it's entertaining.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7175 on: March 9, 2020, 08:56:29 am »

Just because of that, the Lakers have to be the favourites for the championship.
They've put some nice pieces alongside Lebron and Davis, and if they get Kuzma and another bench player to consistently step up (Bradley last night, usually Green or Pope), they're tough to beat. And such an athletic team capable of 3 point shooting. Been impressed with their trades lately.
Also, the Lebron-Davis dynamic is so deadly come crunch time. Personally, I think they just fit each other's games far better than Leonard and George.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #7176 on: March 11, 2020, 06:27:28 pm »
Brooklyn v Golden State will be played behind closed doors tomorrow.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7177 on: March 12, 2020, 01:48:20 am »
League suspended.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7178 on: March 12, 2020, 01:52:30 am »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7179 on: March 12, 2020, 04:36:28 am »
i believe all sports events will be canceled within a few weeks.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7180 on: March 12, 2020, 04:36:55 am »
League suspended.

Rudy Gobert tested positive for coronavirus too
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:03:32 am by elsewhere »

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #7181 on: March 12, 2020, 03:00:06 pm »
Donavan Mitchell just tested positive, too.

Gobert deserves all of the criticism that comes to him. Based on that video of him touching all of the microphones and Woj's recent tweet, he clearly thought this was all fun and games.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7182 on: March 12, 2020, 03:06:02 pm »
Mudiay too plus many others i assume.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7183 on: March 12, 2020, 08:35:00 pm »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7184 on: March 14, 2020, 01:58:48 pm »
The NBA has some excellent young role models. Zion Williamson is paying Smoothie King Centre's employees' salary for a month. Antetokounmpo has donated a lot and I think Kevin Love, Blake Griffin and Cody Zeller are doing something to help.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7185 on: March 14, 2020, 02:01:27 pm »
Shame the players had to do it before the billionaire owners

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7186 on: March 18, 2020, 09:20:13 am »
The NBA has some excellent young role models. Zion Williamson is paying Smoothie King Centre's employees' salary for a month. Antetokounmpo has donated a lot and I think Kevin Love, Blake Griffin and Cody Zeller are doing something to help.
Kevin Love has always been a great role model, one of my most fav non Warriors of all time.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7187 on: March 20, 2020, 12:39:40 am »
Marcus Smart of the Boston Celtics was tested 5 days ago. Result came back positive today. He is doing fine.

The Celtics had played Utah on March 6, thus there was a suspicion that Boston players might have contracted it from Gobert or Mitchell of the Jazz.

https://twitter.com/smart_MS3/status/1240786953924214793
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7188 on: March 20, 2020, 02:57:57 am »
Marcus Smart of the Boston Celtics was tested 5 days ago. Result came back positive today. He is doing fine.

The Celtics had played Utah on March 6, thus there was a suspicion that Boston players might have contracted it from Gobert or Mitchell of the Jazz.

https://twitter.com/smart_MS3/status/1240786953924214793
there was a conference in Boston where a lot of folks got it too

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7189 on: April 7, 2020, 11:52:11 am »

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #7190 on: April 20, 2020, 02:44:19 pm »
The first 2 episodes of The Last Dance were fantastic. Going to be a great doc.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7191 on: April 20, 2020, 03:12:52 pm »
The first 2 episodes of The Last Dance were fantastic. Going to be a great doc.
Was probably going to wait till they put up all the episodes but 2 a week is pretty good. Looks great.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7192 on: April 20, 2020, 03:32:15 pm »
Feel like I saw the whole thing given the amount of stuff on my Twitter feed this morning  :D

The captions guy clearly had a blast

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7193 on: April 20, 2020, 03:49:23 pm »
The two Jerry's absolute daft tarts.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7194 on: April 20, 2020, 03:50:03 pm »
I know Scottie Pippen had a large family he needed to support and some back issues when he signed that contract in 1991, but damn, Luc Longley was getting more than him and he was something like the 120th best paid player in the league in 1998 (and ironically it was the mingebag owner who told him not to do a long term deal!!)

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7195 on: April 20, 2020, 04:39:50 pm »
Feel like I saw the whole thing given the amount of stuff on my Twitter feed this morning  :D

The captions guy clearly had a blast

Only watched the first ep and that Obama caption definitely stood out  :D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7196 on: April 20, 2020, 09:27:55 pm »
Just seen this is up on Netflix UK now.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7197 on: April 20, 2020, 11:49:57 pm »
I know Scottie Pippen had a large family he needed to support and some back issues when he signed that contract in 1991, but damn, Luc Longley was getting more than him and he was something like the 120th best paid player in the league in 1998 (and ironically it was the mingebag owner who told him not to do a long term deal!!)
Just read an aticle on that today on CBS about that.

Amazing he was the 2nd best player in the league and getting a pittance.

Shocking from the ownership who took advantage that his family were relying on him money wise and they lowballed him to save money, they refused to even renegotiate the terms after the first 3peat.

Him and Jordan called the idiot of a GM crumbs because he always had muffin crumbs on his shirt and tie. ;D

That article talked about the Bulls GM enamoured with signing that Croat who was touted the best overseas player on the planet, so Pippen and Jordan talked and decided to take turns guarding him in the 92 Olympics and he only scored 4 points. :lmao

Just seen this is up on Netflix UK now.
Nice one, be watching that with the other half sadly a (Crazy mad Lakers fan) who thinks Kobe is the GOAT.

Hopefully watching this changes that belief. :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 11:56:17 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7198 on: April 24, 2020, 05:19:47 pm »
when is the next 2 on? Sunday? that Bulls intro theme in the end of 1st episode gave me the chills.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7199 on: April 24, 2020, 08:02:58 pm »
when is the next 2 on? Sunday? that Bulls intro theme in the end of 1st episode gave me the chills.
Someone leaked all the episodes up it seems.

A few streaming sites have them up.