Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2007616 times)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #13760 on: October 24, 2021, 08:56:16 pm »
Immense from him, today. Next to Mo, the best player on the pitch.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13761 on: October 24, 2021, 08:59:39 pm »
Why do we put each other down on here? Cock swinging at who’s the best poster or who’s right? Enjoy your selves tonight reds it’s been a good night for all.
*shrugs* Who said anything about best posters, or otherwise? Who's comparing posters?

It's the content of posts that can sometimes be downright daft and worthy of opprobrium. You only have to go back a few pages in this thread to see Bobby being slammed as being 'past it'...and worse.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 10:00:02 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #13762 on: October 24, 2021, 09:31:39 pm »
Second best player in the world.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13763 on: October 24, 2021, 09:59:20 pm »
Kloppo:
"Firmino was outstanding. Mo gets a lot of attention, rightly so. Bobby for people with football knowledge, people will write books about how he interprets the false 9. We don't say he invented it but it looks like at times. It was insane."

Thanks, brilliant to read, that. Found the video as well:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1452345206653792265

:D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #13764 on: October 24, 2021, 11:20:54 pm »
Imagine giving that much space in between the lines against a team with Bobby Firmino in it. It was like Moses parting the Red Sea, just beautiful football.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13765 on: October 25, 2021, 01:42:06 am »
*shrugs* Who said anything about best posters, or otherwise? Who's comparing posters?

It's the content of posts that can sometimes be downright daft and worthy of opprobrium. You only have to go back a few pages in this thread to see Bobby being slammed as being 'past it'...and worse.

ive had a skin full mate, during the game, sorry, talking shit. :-)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13766 on: October 25, 2021, 02:13:21 am »
Kloppo:
"Firmino was outstanding. Mo gets a lot of attention, rightly so. Bobby for people with football knowledge, people will write books about how he interprets the false 9. We don't say he invented it but it looks like at times. It was insane."

I thought this gave some insight into the players’ involvement in how the team develops its football. Klopp and his team pick Firmino for that role, but Bobby is allowed the freedom to interpret his role within the system and patterns of play. Klopp wants intelligent players who know how to play as a team but use their own initiative within the system.

United, on the other hand, have some great individuals but they don’t seem to have a coherent system to make use of them. They didn’t know how to handle Bobby.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13767 on: October 25, 2021, 04:02:24 am »
Kloppo:

And he said this in the build-up to the match.

"He is a connector; the best attacking defender I've ever seen in my life. A very important player for us,”

He did all the things that Ronaldo didn't do. Pulled them apart when we had the ball and gave them no time to connect their defenders to their midfield when they had it.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13768 on: October 25, 2021, 05:26:55 am »
ive had a skin full mate, during the game, sorry, talking shit. :-)
No worries, all the best to you :thumbup
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13769 on: October 25, 2021, 03:12:07 pm »
Worth quoting BassTTR's post in the template thread in the context of Klopp saying he's the best attacking/defender hybrid he's ever seen:
It feels appropriate to share this stat here:

Most attacking third pressures at Old Trafford yesterday, a match in which Liverpool had 63% possession:
10 - Firmino
8 - Manchester United
7 - Jota
https://fbref.com/en/matches/b886bec4/North-West-Derby-Manchester-United-Liverpool-October-24-2021-Premier-League

This is what coaching and a well thought out system of play and years of planning and preparation can achieve. Ole seemed to think United could just turn up and press Liverpool, and at the business end of the pitch his whole team couldn't match what Bobby did in 76 minutes. And it was wonderful to see.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #13770 on: October 25, 2021, 03:14:27 pm »
He's been really good this season, right back on form after an iffy year or so.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #13771 on: October 25, 2021, 03:45:04 pm »
Looks refreshed and back to his best.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13772 on: October 25, 2021, 04:02:15 pm »
He had a fantastic game, they couldn't handle him.

Anyway, in a few years, after his footballing time, I feel he will end up as one of my favourite players ever.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13773 on: October 25, 2021, 04:03:56 pm »
ELITE

Remains my favourite player and he will always be underrated IMO. Not enough respect is paid to how hard it is to play the role he does as well as he does

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #13774 on: October 25, 2021, 04:07:01 pm »
He was fantastic yesterday - outstanding to those who watched it, even if his participation won't be recorded against key match-details in the history books.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #13775 on: October 25, 2021, 05:06:49 pm »
Firmino has been excellent all season. As have the other main front 3 players. Mane and Firmino both look resurgent this season.

To be fair Origi and Minamino have looked sharp when called upon also 
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #13776 on: October 25, 2021, 05:11:06 pm »
Second best player in the world.
Can't believe your Yorkshire bias means that you rate Bobby (and Mo) behind James Milner. For shame  :P
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13777 on: October 25, 2021, 07:15:51 pm »
One of them comp thingys from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/CF_Comps/status/1452621378562232322?s=20

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13778 on: October 25, 2021, 07:25:24 pm »

That expression "in the middle of everything?"

i.e. Bobby Firmino
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #13779 on: October 25, 2021, 07:25:43 pm »
How many mancs do you need to take the ball out of Bobby?

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #13780 on: October 25, 2021, 10:58:58 pm »

yeah i just watched that over on the video thread

we know bobby isn't as prolific goal wise as many forwards and when things aren't going well and we need goals the finger will often get pointed his way, this isn't a dig at anyone but if you dont see/notice/understand what bobby brings to the team and how important he is for us, watch the above vid, it perfectly illustrates how he can dominate and facilitate a game in our favour

masterclass bobby, take a bow
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #13781 on: October 25, 2021, 11:02:23 pm »
If you know of a more under appreciated, selfless footballer in world football then you are simply wrong 😂

Bobby Dazzler

Beautiful boy
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #13782 on: October 25, 2021, 11:12:10 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #13783 on: October 25, 2021, 11:14:57 pm »
Can't believe your Yorkshire bias means that you rate Bobby (and Mo) behind James Milner. For shame  :P

;D
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13784 on: October 25, 2021, 11:34:40 pm »
Manc getting Bobby's shirt?  :o

https://twitter.com/i/status/1452336364188483592

Probably going to extract his DNA from the sweat and inject into Ronaldo so he know's what to do when he doesn't have the ball.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #13785 on: October 25, 2021, 11:35:42 pm »

:lmao if i ever saw a look of guilt, that kid's wearing it
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #13786 on: October 25, 2021, 11:49:50 pm »

Noticed it yesterday

He looked like a kid who’d just swiped some sweets while the shopkeeper wasn’t looking
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #13787 on: October 26, 2021, 02:15:03 am »
Can only agree with all the comments. Bobby Firmino yesterday was sublime. At times he seemed to be playing a different sport than everyone around him, seemingly always with time and space. An utter delight to witness and a reminder why Trendisnotdestiny used to work his bollocks off defending Bobby against the shortsighted and yeah the ignorant posts which used to call time up on this wonderful and exceptional footballer.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #13788 on: October 26, 2021, 03:51:00 pm »
Anyone else seen that interview with Ben Foster today where he talks about the Watford 5-0, he gives a very interesting insight into what it was like playing against firmino, Henderson, and salah.  It's well worth a watch if anyone can track it down but I cant even remember where I'd seen it now.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13789 on: October 26, 2021, 04:09:40 pm »
Anyone else seen that interview with Ben Foster today where he talks about the Watford 5-0, he gives a very interesting insight into what it was like playing against firmino, Henderson, and salah.  It's well worth a watch if anyone can track it down but I cant even remember where I'd seen it now.

https://youtu.be/VyOp5XgmVnA

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13790 on: October 26, 2021, 04:28:42 pm »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #13791 on: October 26, 2021, 04:29:25 pm »
One of my favourite Liverpool players ever.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #13792 on: October 26, 2021, 04:34:10 pm »
How many mancs do you need to take the ball out of Bobby?

Good illustration of how disorganized and stupid Uniteds pressing was. You press with 4 players only when you have the chance to win the ball, typically when one of the least skilled players have it. Putting 4 on Firmino just opens up space for him to pass into. He won’t score from there. This happened all the time.

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13793 on: October 27, 2021, 02:32:29 pm »
Just seen this pointed out, when Bobby and Jordan press Pogba in the lead up to the fifth goal, it looks like Jordan tackles Pogba and comes away with the ball. What actually happened is that Bobby is wrestling with Pogba, he hooks his right leg around, gets his foot on top of the ball and does a crazy back-heeled scoop flick back through Pogba's legs and Henderson nips in.

You can see this more clearly on the video below at around 9:23.

Brilliant.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/endVj1YlceU?t=563" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/endVj1YlceU?t=563</a>
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13794 on: October 27, 2021, 02:47:13 pm »
Great example of immense skill. I like the one where Naby basically stamps on the ball to get it away from Maguire and Shaw so he can get his pass away to Trent that leads to Diogo's goal.

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13795 on: October 27, 2021, 02:59:13 pm »
Looks properly back to his best, doesn't he?

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #13796 on: October 27, 2021, 02:59:50 pm »
Looks properly back to his best, doesn't he?

Yep. Love the fella.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13797 on: October 27, 2021, 10:38:03 pm »
Just seen this pointed out, when Bobby and Jordan press Pogba in the lead up to the fifth goal, it looks like Jordan tackles Pogba and comes away with the ball. What actually happened is that Bobby is wrestling with Pogba, he hooks his right leg around, gets his foot on top of the ball and does a crazy back-heeled scoop flick back through Pogba's legs and Henderson nips in.

You can see this more clearly on the video below at around 9:23.

Brilliant.

Thanks, hadn't seen that angle before, brilliant that. Looked like he did layed it off to Jota for the fourth goal as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #13798 on: October 27, 2021, 10:45:54 pm »
Worth saying that Bobby was sensational on Sunday, his best game in a week, at least. Jokes aside, that was a complete Bobby performance. He was brilliant.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13799 on: October 28, 2021, 06:13:29 am »
For all Bob's consistent valued performance in the team, i don't imagine that there will be a contract extension for him as time soon since he is already 30 years old?  End of contract is Jun 30, 2023. He will be 32 by then. 

Whereas Mo will be 31 by then with the same end of contract date.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?