Author Topic: Liverpool fan prosecuted for racist abuse of Everton player  (Read 6239 times)

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool fan prosecuted for racist abuse of Everton player
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2022, 07:28:20 pm »
To be fair, Sky can't be expected to do a 2 hours sermon on why racism is wrong before every game.

There's more than enough educational material available at the click of a few buttons. There have been many programmes broadcast by Sky, BBC and the like in recent years about racism.

No one has any excuse in 2022 unless they've been in a coma for the last 40 years.

Sky cant, youre right, thats kind of my point you need to want to access the information on why its wrong.
thats why  I mentioned the story about my Dad but didnt expand on it very well
When I told him it was wrong he listened and wanted to know why, thats because it was his son saying it
If he heard homophobia was wrong from some bloke off the telly it would be in one ear out the next

There is a chance of educating this bloke as it will no longer be able to dismiss the message, if his civil liberties depend on it
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2022, 07:30:34 pm »
It’s a c*nt being a c*nt. Doesn’t matter who the teams are, who the player is. The c*nt will be a c*nt. In a stadium, at work, on holiday, wherever. Football just doesn’t have a racism problem, society does. There’s a lot of people out there with a lot of hate. They’ve been battered with it by the media and government to hate for years now. They don’t just switch it on for footballers.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2022, 07:55:50 pm »
You've told that story on these boards before, think we got a day after account, no? ;D

;D

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2022, 08:32:06 pm »
Absolute knobhead.

Some right shitbags out there
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2022, 08:36:08 pm »
Alternatively, he should have been made to undergo community service at a refugee charity in the city.

Some of the contributors on here sound like Priti Patel and have clearly never made a mistake in their lives.

Calling people Tories for wanting rid of a racist from the ranks? Irony on so many levels.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2022, 09:28:58 pm »
Racist and sexist abuse is the most vile, but to be honest, what's wrong with just cheering on your own team?

I know there's banter, and some of it is very funny, but a lot of it is basically hatred. United fans shouting 'murderers'. Some of our fans doing aeroplanes. That's just hatred and it should all stop.

Just cheer your own team. I don't hate Utd, I don't hate Everton. I love Liverpool. If someone wants to hate me for that, that's their problem. We should all appreciate the beautiful game brings us together.

Hey, Sadio ran away from his village so he could play football. Andrew Robertson worked in a supermarket so he could play. These are fabulous stories that transcend race and class. I would appreciate them if Sadio played for Utd, just like I think Rashford has been brilliant for his campaigning.

Just cheer your own team.

Agree 100%. Support your own team with passion and don’t bring any hatred into it. I never understand why people hate other teams’ players. It doesn’t do anything except make you look silly.

What do our players want? They want support even when things aren’t going well. They certainly don’t want us to abuse other players.

It’s a game and the game is worthless without strong opposition. Respect them and don’t hurl abuse at them.

Having said that, racism is vile and I’m glad people are starting to be prosecuted for it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:30:41 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2022, 10:34:14 pm »
can never understand these pathetic c*nts. you "support" a very diverse squad of players but shout racist abuse at a player from an opponent? 

there is so much absolute pond life walking around the place now.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2022, 10:52:33 pm »
can never understand these pathetic c*nts. you "support" a very diverse squad of players but shout racist abuse at a player from an opponent? 

there is so much absolute pond life walking around the place now.

It should also be noted that he was 20 when we signed John Barnes.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2022, 11:27:51 pm »
Racist and sexist abuse is the most vile, but to be honest, what's wrong with just cheering on your own team?

I know there's banter, and some of it is very funny, but a lot of it is basically hatred. United fans shouting 'murderers'. Some of our fans doing aeroplanes. That's just hatred and it should all stop.

Just cheer your own team. I don't hate Utd, I don't hate Everton. I love Liverpool. If someone wants to hate me for that, that's their problem. We should all appreciate the beautiful game brings us together.

Hey, Sadio ran away from his village so he could play football. Andrew Robertson worked in a supermarket so he could play. These are fabulous stories that transcend race and class. I would appreciate them if Sadio played for Utd, just like I think Rashford has been brilliant for his campaigning.

Just cheer your own team.

This is it in a nutshell. We live in Twickenham and my son has decided to support Arsenal. I'm not going to try and change his mind as I think you fall in love with a team and that's it. However, I took him to the League Cup game against Sunderland in December and couldn't believe that for most of the game they just repeated the awful song about hating Tottenham. I've since had several conversations about the best way to support your team (or anything in life) is to be passionate about them and telling people how much you dislike someone/something else is just weird. I also highlight how many incredible songs we have and how different that was compared to the Arsenal game :D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2022, 11:35:47 pm »

Hey, Sadio ran away from his village so he could play football. Andrew Robertson worked in a supermarket so he could play.

And Juan Mata worked as a blogger just so he could...well, because he couldn't play any more.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2022, 11:40:59 pm »
I'm a year older and got involved in the abuse of black players/Munich chants/other vile shite as a young kid in the late 70's at Anfield. I'd never even think of doing shit like that now, I've had over 30 years to learn its wrong, so he has no excuse.
Imagine you'd been banned for life back at that age, though. You're a very different person now and no longer deserving of any kind of censure on those grounds. But a life ban would have prevented you from going to Anfield all that time since then till now, and for the rest of your life to come.

I wonder sometimes if people even stop to consider what a life ban means 

Calling people Tories for wanting rid of a racist from the ranks? Irony on so many levels.
Not really what he said, though, was it? Patel is known for her harsh, uncompromising attitudes, with no hint of clemency, and I suspect that's what the poster was referring to, not her political party.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2022, 07:26:19 am »
And Juan Mata worked as a blogger just so he could...well, because he couldn't play any more.

Now that's banter, just like Ole at the wheel.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2022, 07:37:19 am »
He's obviously wasn't getting to the matches early enough to know what this means.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2022, 07:44:35 am »
I guess a three year ban encourages people to learn and change their ways whereas a life ban doesn’t really. Like if you’re a massive Liverpool fan and got banned for life for shouting racism at a player, you’re unlikely to suddenly change in day to day life. If you’ve got the prospect of going again in three years you’re more likely to….maybe?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2022, 08:35:23 am »
I guess a three year ban encourages people to learn and change their ways whereas a life ban doesn’t really. Like if you’re a massive Liverpool fan and got banned for life for shouting racism at a player, you’re unlikely to suddenly change in day to day life. If you’ve got the prospect of going again in three years you’re more likely to….maybe?
He’s 54 not 15. If you’ve got to that age and still don’t know the difference between right and wrong and respect then some people can’t be helped.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2022, 08:43:32 am »
Imagine you'd been banned for life back at that age, though. You're a very different person now and no longer deserving of any kind of censure on those grounds. But a life ban would have prevented you from going to Anfield all that time since then till now, and for the rest of your life to come.

I wonder sometimes if people even stop to consider what a life ban means 
Not really what he said, though, was it? Patel is known for her harsh, uncompromising attitudes, with no hint of clemency, and I suspect that's what the poster was referring to, not her political party.

Anfield, along with most other grounds were very different places back then.
It seems almost unbelievable when looking at the progress that’s been made since, but back then there was widespread overt racist sexist and homophobic chanting.

Thankfully due to a combination of maturity and education most people do not need the threat of bans to deter them from such behaviour. Sadly however some of the pond life in society have been empowered by the racist rhetoric over the past 6 or 7 years from far right politicians backed up by the right wing press.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2022, 09:07:58 am »
While this will be ammunition for outsiders...this sort of shit needs to be fucked off from any stadium anywhere. No place or time for it. Harsh penalty is what he deserves the fuckwit
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2022, 09:14:05 am »
While this will be ammunition for outsiders...this sort of shit needs to be fucked off from any stadium anywhere. No place or time for it. Harsh penalty is what he deserves the fuckwit
I was at a game against Spurs a few season's back and a kid about 12 shouted something at Sissoko when he came off the pitch near us.  I'm not sure exactly what it was - maybe not racist - but all those near him gave him a proper telling off.

Perhaps more difficult with a 54-year old man but I'd like to think he'd have been put back in his place if the police hadn't done so.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2022, 09:25:23 am »
He’s 54 not 15. If you’ve got to that age and still don’t know the difference between right and wrong and respect then some people can’t be helped.

Yeah maybe. I just think if the idea is to eradicate racism, its better to have a shorter ban so there's at least a bit of a reason for the guy to pack that horrible shit in rather than being an even more racist, bitter old man for the rest of his life. Plus would seem wrong to have different bans for older and younger people, like if you're over 50 you get a life ban but if you're only 21 you get three years because you havent had the chance to learn yet.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2022, 09:28:52 am »
Glad for the banning order, but think there should be some sort of community rehabilitation built into things too.  If it's a three-year order you know they'll be back and what's to stop them repeating things?  You may as well try and stop the cycle, you don't know how poisonous they make things for those around them too.

I've only ever been to Anfield a couple of times, simply can't afford the outlay.  One was an FA Cup win against Stoke which passed without incident and the other was a Youth Cup game with our youngsters against Crystal Palace, which was the first time I'd ever been and I took my nephew.  And the outstanding memory I have of that game was a Reds 'fan' during a corner shouting to "get that black bastard" referring to whoever was wearing 2 for Palace.  Nothing was done (as I say, it was my first game, I wouldn't have known what to do to be honest, plus I couldn't have picked them out) and you could tell the steward in front of us clocked something but seemingly turned a blind eye.  We all do that and the abuse will go on.  Got to be more pro-active in cutting it out, and not just reacting to incidents and leaving it at that but educating people as to why it should never go on.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2022, 12:39:03 pm »
While this will be ammunition for outsiders...

Got what he deserved and that, but arsed about outsiders.

One racist in a city of 500,000 or fanbase of how many millions.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2022, 12:44:54 pm »
Christ almighty, if a man of 54 can't see why being racist is wrong then he is never going to learn is he?
3 years isn't enough. Ban him for life. No place in our support for people like that.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2022, 02:17:50 pm »
Into the fucking sea with him, twat

We are trying to reduce pollution in the sea, not add to it.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2022, 02:21:12 pm »
Should be a lifetime ban to discourage others from trying their luck with this bullshit.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2022, 02:47:57 pm »
Should be a lifetime ban to discourage others from trying their luck with this bullshit.

Yep.

It's not about making this bloke see the error of his ways (I'd argue at 54 that ship has long since sailed anyway).
It's about showing everyone what happens if they want to try it. Absolute zero tolerance for it, one strike and you're out.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2022, 02:54:37 pm »
It should also be noted that he was 20 when we signed John Barnes.

Didn't stop the racists, even from certain ex-LFC players.

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2022, 04:06:10 pm »
Alternatively, he should have been made to undergo community service at a refugee charity in the city.

Why not both?

The knuckle-dragging fucktard.
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2022, 05:08:33 pm »

Nope

There’s more than enough info out there, fuck rewarding someone for learning not to be a disgusting c*nt… when they should already fucking know. Maybe i’m particularly harsh having been on the end of it for years but no, couldn’t agree less. He’s 54, he could be 20… it’s blatantly obvious why hurling abuse like that at someone is wrong and if you do not know… the resources are out there, have been for a long time too and there isn’t a limitation on being able to view it.

I’d be gutted to go to watch us and learn I was sat next to someone who only got a 3 year ban to encourage him to learn (zero way of proving he has might I add, plentyyyy hold racist views and hide them when necessary) and is being rewarded by being able to return off the back of it. Play stupid games… win stupid fucking prizes.

Ironically it’s one of the easiest things EVER not to shout racist shit at anyone. Miraculously plenty of people manage it for years and years and years.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 05:10:20 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2022, 10:31:38 am »
If he was 16 i'd probably just ban him from the stadium for a couple of years but a 54 year old, what a massive idiot. Life ban it's 2022 ffs
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2022, 12:03:55 pm »
If he was 16 i'd probably just ban him from the stadium for a couple of years but a 54 year old, what a massive idiot. Life ban it's 2022 ffs

I know what you mean - He probably won't change at his age, but bans need to be universally applied IMO.

For me, 3-5 year ban for a first offense plus loss of Season Ticket if owned - Get to the back of the queue.
Then a lifetime ban if repeated (or if anything is physically thrown, etc).

But alongside it, there MUST be an element of education.

If you get caught speeding, you get a speed-awareness course (if it wasn't too bad).

If you get caught hurling racist/sexist/whatever abuse, there should be an appropriate awareness course that you need to attend (and not just for 3 hours - More like once a week for 6-12 months)
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D