Author Topic: Football Index  (Read 22537 times)

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Football Index
« on: October 1, 2017, 01:04:42 pm »
https://www.footballindex.co.uk

So I've started making a bit of money off Football Index in my spare time, and thought I'd make a thread to not clog up the actual betting website. Anyone else heavily involved?

You make money off it by....

[1] Buying a portfolio of Footballers that you think will earn you Dividends over a period over a period through the Media Buzz or Performance Buzz.

Media buzz - - If your player(s) are in the media a lot then they earn points for this buzz, and the top 3 players at the end of every day earn you money.

Performance buzz - - Self explanatory, if your player is doing boss every week, his % goes up, they use OPTA stats for this so its reliable anyway which is good. Again top 3 players earn you money at the end of every day

[2] By buying a portfolio of Footballers that you think will increase in value, as a result of increased demand, enabling you to cash out your bets at a profit – buy low, sell high!

The best part about it is for every Friday, there's a first team (200 trade-able players) and a squad (Players who footballindex users are voting for), and every Friday the bottom 2 players in the first team are replaced with the top 2 players in the squad. These new players start at 25p a share, so if its someone you think is going to have a storming month, and you get them at 25p a share, you can easily quadruple your money.

Anyway there's the explanation for the new guys. Now onto my thoughts for the week:

[-] van Dijk at £1.38 a share is in my sights. Think when he comes back into the Saints squad there will be plenty of paper talk, and again as January approaches I think we might go back in for him, so he's good for the media buzz

[-] Patrick Roberts is currently in the 'squad' and might be promoted to the 200 trade-able players soon, at 25p a share I'll be snapping him up, probably buy 100 shares of him if I'm being honest but I'd have to be quick to get him at base value.

[-] John Terry at 54p a share, think he will start to rise more as Villa come into decent form, plenty of clean sheets, good for performance related price %

Football Index Link
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:02:19 pm by -Willo- »

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Football Index
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2017, 03:57:03 pm »
Buying Sturridge @ £1.82 a share.

17 shares so £20.91. Expecting a big performance from him here and then from there maybe he can keep Bobby out the starting 11.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2017, 07:00:45 pm »
So you basically sell your shares when they reach a decent price to make profit mate?

Are you just in it for fun or do you have to invest much time and watch a lot of football / keep up with reports to try and get some foresight into who might prove valuable?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2017, 07:07:36 pm »
So you basically sell your shares when they reach a decent price to make profit mate?

Are you just in it for fun or do you have to invest much time and watch a lot of football / keep up with reports to try and get some foresight into who might prove valuable?

Honestly I just use my knowledge and intuition, its not too hard to make profit in the long run if you trust your footballing knowledge, like van Dijk for example, I'm gonna buy a few shares in him when the rumours pick up on him coming back into the Southampton team.... Few good performances and Southampton wins and naturally he will go up.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 1, 2017, 07:20:19 pm »
How do the people who run it make their money? That's the cynic in me thinking that.

Commission I'd imagine?

Honestly I just use my knowledge and intuition, its not too hard to make profit in the long run if you trust your footballing knowledge, like van Dijk for example, I'm gonna buy a few shares in him when the rumours pick up on him coming back into the Southampton team.... Few good performances and Southampton wins and naturally he will go up.

Cheers. Is there a minimum investment to sign up?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 1, 2017, 07:27:40 pm »
Commission I'd imagine?

Cheers. Is there a minimum investment to sign up?

I think £10, they do risk free up to £500 for the first 7 days you trade too, so if you lost your £10, £20, or even a portion of it you just email them and they give you it back.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 1, 2017, 07:33:38 pm »
I think £10, they do risk free up to £500 for the first 7 days you trade too, so if you lost your £10, £20, or even a portion of it you just email them and they give you it back.

Sound. Might give it a go for an interest.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 2, 2017, 09:28:58 am »
Lallana @ £1.31 a share, worth keeping an eye on as he returns back into the team over the next few weeks, if he comes back in and we start to win a few games, that's the most obvious % increase we'll see for a while.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #8 on: October 2, 2017, 02:35:19 pm »
How do the people who run it make their money? That's the cynic in me thinking that.

The difference or margin, between the buy and sell, is what they get.

It's an interesting website this. Any idea how long it's been up Willo?
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 2, 2017, 04:55:07 pm »
The difference or margin, between the buy and sell, is what they get.

It's an interesting website this. Any idea how long it's been up Willo?

No to be honest, assume over a year anyway as its got a good number of users. November 1st is seeing lots of new players added to the site so I'm assuming its growing at a very quick rate too.

"Players from teams in Spanish, English, German, French and Italian Leagues, plus Champions League and Europa League will be available to purchase from November 1st 2017" - This Could be a good time to buy some players whilst their being introduced to the website! Some RAWK bargains... Hoping some knowledgeable posters get on board with FootyIndex and make us all money ;D

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #10 on: October 4, 2017, 10:14:08 pm »
It is an interesting idea from them.I started another thread on it a while back because I was lucky and bought shares in Lukaku the week before he came out with the statement about wanting to leave the bitters so his stock went up loads and I cashed out. Like some of you have said, it's more about your gut feeling I suppose than any kind of algorithm about who is going to do what. As long as you don't over commit yourself then it's interesting.
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 5, 2017, 08:42:30 am »
It is an interesting idea from them.I started another thread on it a while back because I was lucky and bought shares in Lukaku the week before he came out with the statement about wanting to leave the bitters so his stock went up loads and I cashed out. Like some of you have said, it's more about your gut feeling I suppose than any kind of algorithm about who is going to do what. As long as you don't over commit yourself then it's interesting.

Completely agree. The risk is up to you, if you're worried about it just deposit a tenner and buy 1/2 shares per player until you feel confident, really is that simple.

van Dijk open to a move January, I'm gonna buy him before the window and the inevitable links to us start again. Free money for the media buzz.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #12 on: October 5, 2017, 10:04:34 am »
Completely agree. The risk is up to you, if you're worried about it just deposit a tenner and buy 1/2 shares per player until you feel confident, really is that simple.

van Dijk open to a move January, I'm gonna buy him before the window and the inevitable links to us start again. Free money for the media buzz.

Walcott might be a decent shout to go up a fair bit over the next few months. Although he won't be playing much, there is going to be speculation over him moving in January and the summer and also there will be the discussion about whether he has any chance of getting in the England world cup squad plus, if he stays at Arsenal, the inevitable FA cup goals that will get him in the papers.
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 5, 2017, 02:51:41 pm »
This sounds mad. I’ll sign up and see what it’s about, I imagine a player like Kane is outrageously expensive at the moment?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 7, 2017, 11:30:30 am »
This sounds mad. I’ll sign up and see what it’s about, I imagine a player like Kane is outrageously expensive at the moment?

Yup but there’s no signs of stopping him increase in price... I might buy some shares in Lukaku, he’s scored 4 in a row so if he scores a few more times the media will end up saying how he can break Vardys record of 11. Only problem is I can’t do it whilst we have them at Anfield next week. Fuck that.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 7, 2017, 11:37:29 am »
They had a seedrs campaign a while ago and got chatting to one of the people who runs it, one thing that put me off was that when they remove players you lose all your money, and of course I’m not sure there’s any issue that prevents them from issuing more ‘shares’ in players to distort the market i.e. it’s totally unregulated

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 7, 2017, 05:11:03 pm »
They had a seedrs campaign a while ago and got chatting to one of the people who runs it, one thing that put me off was that when they remove players you lose all your money, and of course I’m not sure there’s any issue that prevents them from issuing more ‘shares’ in players to distort the market i.e. it’s totally unregulated

''Football INDEX is provided by BetIndex Ltd which is licensed and regulated by the Jersey Gambling Commission and by the UK Gambling Commission.''

Do you mean when players drop out the 'top 200'? Guess its just down to the risk, that's where the value might be but you've got to take the risk, etc...

I think its just safer to go with the big hitters though. Kane will keep on increasing unless he gets injured, won't he?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 10:23:41 am »
is van Dijk back now guys? Not sure whether to buy him in time for the weekend.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 10:38:40 am »

I am going balls deep Hamsik for the long term, fancy Napoli to go all the way in Seria A, and isn't he on course to break a few Maradona records over the next fee weeks? Absolute no brainer if so.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 12:42:34 pm »
Got Hamsik at £1.25 a share, floating £1.40 so 15p a share profit.

Holding onto him until after the City game, fancy Napoli to do them so will see a rise in price if he's a main factor for it, especially when all eyes will be on this game.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 12:17:29 pm »
Willo, i'm going to join this. Do you have a referral code mate?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 02:24:38 pm »
Willo, i'm going to join this. Do you have a referral code mate?

PM sent.

As for Hamsik, Stones clearance fucked me there a bit, think that goal would've stemmed a nice comeback from 2-0 down.

Looking to buy a few Atletico players too in anticipation of them POTENTIALLY dropping into the Europa.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2017, 05:43:48 pm »
Buying more Ozil before tomorrows game.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 07:31:54 pm »
Just bought a shit load of Jack Wilshere, please don't get injured in half an hour ffs.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 10:47:31 pm »
Ive joined but not depositing til Thursday.

Any ref codes and have I ballsed it up because Ive already joined ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline GMac1984

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 09:49:58 am »
I used to do Matched betting, made a steady amount but it was very time consuming.  However, this looks fun so I think I'll sign up also!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 01:48:38 pm »
Ive joined but not depositing til Thursday.

Any ref codes and have I ballsed it up because Ive already joined ?

If you clicked the link in this post I think I incorporated a link inside it already, doesn't work if you went on the site prior to the link though!

Make sure you take full advantage of the 'risk free up to £500' though, I didn't when I first started! If you play your cards right you can amass a little bank balance for fuck all essentially.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 04:03:20 pm »
If you clicked the link in this post I think I incorporated a link inside it already, doesn't work if you went on the site prior to the link though!

Make sure you take full advantage of the 'risk free up to £500' though, I didn't when I first started! If you play your cards right you can amass a little bank balance for fuck all essentially.

Ive ballsed it up then .   

Will deposit 10.00 tomorrow and get use to it first . Seems like fun .

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 04:11:42 pm »
Ive ballsed it up then .   

Will deposit 10.00 tomorrow and get use to it first . Seems like fun .

Yeah it is, I just treat it like a game. Much more fun that gambling for me anyway. (Doesn't stop me messing up a five fold everyday though ;D)

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2017, 01:35:19 pm »
Fucked it the last few days, Wilshere cost me a chunk.

Going all in on Lukaku whilst he's below a fiver a share. Expecting a response from Mourinho and think Lukaku spearheads them to a big win vs Spurs. If Lukaku is the main reason why then he should be up there for both media buzz and performance buzz.

Lets see anyway.

Offline MJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2017, 02:47:40 pm »
Started this just over a week ago, it's pretty addictive isn't it! I've managed 8% ROI and a few dividends which I'm happy with but I'm not putting stupid amounts in.. could be extremely volatile with all the changes happening to the market after Nov 1st.

Neymar is decent value at the moment because he dropped after getting his red, he'll jump back up when playing again I reckon. Insigne is also pretty good value as he scores so highly on the opta system - it's important to realise that the buzz isn't just about goals but lots of other things like chances created and successful passes. This is why Messi is so pricey because he reigns supreme on these stats (over say Ronaldo for example).

I'm currently going for pretty safe bets though, I need to start trying some quicker flips.

If you're in it for the long run might be an idea to stock up on british players for the media buzz when world cup comes around as well, although the long game isn't nearly as fun!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 02:55:23 pm by MJL »

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2017, 06:08:47 pm »
Started this just over a week ago, it's pretty addictive isn't it! I've managed 8% ROI and a few dividends which I'm happy with but I'm not putting stupid amounts in.. could be extremely volatile with all the changes happening to the market after Nov 1st.

Neymar is decent value at the moment because he dropped after getting his red, he'll jump back up when playing again I reckon. Insigne is also pretty good value as he scores so highly on the opta system - it's important to realise that the buzz isn't just about goals but lots of other things like chances created and successful passes. This is why Messi is so pricey because he reigns supreme on these stats (over say Ronaldo for example).

I'm currently going for pretty safe bets though, I need to start trying some quicker flips.

If you're in it for the long run might be an idea to stock up on british players for the media buzz when world cup comes around as well, although the long game isn't nearly as fun!

Yup its fantastic, I'm so jealous of all the people who got on it a year+ ago and had the foresight to see how it'd kick off. Imagine getting the likes of Messi, Kane, Ronaldo for £2 a share... Set for life really on the website if you did.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2017, 12:28:47 pm »
Llorente up 9% since the Kane news. Everyone gearing up for a cheap buy in the hope he wins the performance buzz tomorrow. I think he will rise another 10p easily before KO. Good quick buy.

Offline MJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2017, 02:29:16 pm »
Fekir looking like he's going to rocket.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2017, 03:13:45 pm »
Fekir looking like he's going to rocket.

Yup, came on Friday at £1.50 and it will be the best promotion this year I think, consistently carries Lyon every week in the league and the Europa so he will only rise.

Offline MJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2017, 05:05:12 pm »
Yup, came on Friday at £1.50 and it will be the best promotion this year I think, consistently carries Lyon every week in the league and the Europa so he will only rise.

I chose not to get him at that price and I've just gone in at 2.84 haha, ah well.. Hopefully he punishes Everton!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2017, 06:23:26 pm »
I chose not to get him at that price and I've just gone in at 2.84 haha, ah well.. Hopefully he punishes Everton!

I wanted him at that price but forgot he was coming up at 1pm as I was out. Its going to haunt me.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 1, 2017, 09:52:30 pm »
Good day for me today. Salah top forward on the performance buzz and its double payout day! Bought him last week @ 1.80 a share and hes now worth £1.92 and climbing....

Buzzing with that.

Offline MJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 1, 2017, 11:04:23 pm »
Nice!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 6, 2017, 04:24:03 pm »
Mo Salah is rising and rising and he isn't stopping anytime soon. Will be worth double what he is even now by the end of the season. £4+ a share incoming. Get balls deep boys.