Author Topic: FT Liverpool 3 vs Arsenal 1 (Firmino 9', Mane 40', Welbeck 57', Gini 92')  (Read 74876 times)

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
Troopz on Arsenal TV - fair play to him when someone sticks a Don't But The Sun sticker on him...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2i-JrQI6hWQ?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2i-JrQI6hWQ?fs=1</a>

Probably showing my age, but why does he keep saying blood?

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
If you look at the top six league we've played 9 winning most of them. The rest have played two or three less and will have to play each other. One way or another they're going to drop points.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Is he saying "Bruv" or "blood"
Blud.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
Brilliant performance

Atmosphere was a bit odd, quite quiet.

Mane was unplayable, Lallana was great. I thought Coutinho & Clyne both really struggled but the other lads did well. Oddly Clyne & Coutinho were the standout two worst players at Leicester. Perhaps Coutinho is carrying an injury.

Great win.

Burnley next.....for fuck sake. Don't. Just.....don't you fucking dare.

There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match. Didn't raise an eyebrow at anything that happened because what's the point if he wasn't watching it with me? Then the third goal goes in and I'm top of the fucking world. Out of nowhere, it all wasn't so bad.

That's what football is. That's what it's all about. Thanks, Reds.
I'm not religious but I reckon he was celebrating that goal with you.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Blud means mate, it's mainly something Londoners say.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Blud.

Haven't been in London in years, must be a new thing.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
Blud means mate, it's mainly something Londoners say.

Ah right, thanks.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Perhaps Coutinho is carrying an injury.

Why do you think he's carrying an injury?

Burnley next.....for fuck sake. Don't. Just.....don't you fucking dare.

We've beaten smaller teams in the league this season, we've only lost five games.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match. Didn't raise an eyebrow at anything that happened because what's the point if he wasn't watching it with me? Then the third goal goes in and I'm top of the fucking world. Out of nowhere, it all wasn't so bad.

Sorry to hear that mate.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Some good words TravisBickle. Can relate to that 100%. Thoughts with you.

Some good words written on here and on the BBC ticker. Couldn't watch the game. I probably wouldn't have gone to Bristol to look at tiles with the wife if I wasn't so fucking fed up with fucking football. Fuck me... Talksport and Stuart Pearce... oof.

Useless bastards.

Edit: Am now not going to watch them again this season. Bar MoTD. Surely they've got it into their skulls by now.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2017, 10:27:31 pm by Filler. »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Sorry for your loss mate. Condolences to you and your family.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is he saying "Bruv" or "blood"

blud fam

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Brilliant, just hope we don't fuck it at Burnley next. Good response from Coutinho and Firmino who have been pants lately, both looked much better tonight. Mane and Lallana obviously excellent. Wijnaldum's weird, he loves the big games.

Mignolet's save against Giroud was top class, although he was pretty shoddy with crosses tonight.

Good weekend so far.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
Why do you think he's carrying an injury?

We've beaten smaller teams in the league this season, we've only lost five games.

He didn't seem to sprint at any point. Few moments in the 2nd half he was in and just sort of gave up like he was saving himself. His touch didn't seem right.

Compare his performance to Lallana, Mane and Firmino. Coutinho was never at it all night.

I sit at the back of the Kop mate, it's not the best view, but he seemed to really struggle. Clyne never stops turning back as well, drives me absolutely mad but he's a very solid fullback.

I was taking the piss about Burnley. We'll beat them, they're a completely different prospect at home as opposed to away. At their place they're excellent, they don't seem to travel well. It would be very Liverpool to beat Arsenal and then get beat by Burnley. But fingers crossed. I'm feeling positive. Note it down.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Troopz on Arsenal TV - fair play to him when someone sticks a Don't But The Sun sticker on him...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2i-JrQI6hWQ?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2i-JrQI6hWQ?fs=1</a>

Top drawer, fam, blud, he's a proper, proper, geezer is Troopz
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched our 3rd for the 50th time. Great game all around
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Deffo showing yer age, fam.....

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968

Walk On mate
« Last Edit: March 4, 2017, 10:41:28 pm by Mag Hull »
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
please please beat Burnley

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Sorry to hear that mate. Condolences.

Hopefully the result today made things a little brighter.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Fuckin' Hell, lad. Jumped out in the shizerity of the thread. Condolences and congratulations in the same breath. May yer arl fellah never walk alone and look down on his lad with a smile and an adios amigos, I learnt him well.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Henderson is not even trying to penetrate with passes through the middle from deep, he's either gonna lay it off to a CB or make the telegraphed pass out to FB, so yeah.

Hendo has been really, really, good this year.  No doubt about that.  I'd still like to see Can get a run of games as the #6 though.  I think the guy has a ton of potential and just needs that consistent run of games in his best position to realize that potential. 

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Because he's a dickhead.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah Wijnaldum is an interesting one.

Against teams who will attack us (basically the top 6) you really see what his value is - being a late runner into the box.  It's a massive asset when you can get goal threats from deeper lying players.

Against teams that sit deep those options rarely present themselves so he can't make the same impact on the match.

All part of the process for Klopp to figure out how to get the most out of the team.

Those are the teams that we need those late runs from deep the most though which is really frustrating. 

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
I'm not religious but I reckon he was celebrating that goal with you.
This...amazing how LFC can have an effect on people at the most awful of times..take care fella

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
Thanks all for the lovely words. Really didn't expect so many to respond to what I'd posted. But it's touching that so many did, it really is. Wasn't exaggerating when I said I didn't raise an eyebrow all game - we could have lost 5-0 and I doubt I would have moved an inch. Third goal goes in and I'm hugging the fella next to me, and all that mattered was the Reds. Fucking bizarre but there we go.

Funeral's on Wednesday. YNWA will be playing obviously, and never have the words meant so much.

Thank you all once again.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2017, 10:57:07 pm by TravisBickle »
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks all for the lovely words. Really didn't expect so many to respond to what I'd posted. But it's touching that so many did, it really is.

Funeral'a on Wednesday. YNWA will be playing obviously, and never have the words meant so much.

Sympathies for sure (my dads 1 year anniversary just passed). Glad the team showed up and gave you a lift.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Cracking 3rd goal. Very very fucking nice. That came into me on the BBC ticker on my phone round the kitchen table at the in laws. It's not easy following a game on the BBC ticker. It's no fun at all really, and often very painful. Can be very funny.  Here, I was asking myself if i'd look away in the immediate blip-vert of indication if I saw a blue box pop up, and if i'd then turn round slowly with one eye... and then BOOM! Liverpool 3. 'Fucking get in'... a fist. Fuck. Forgot I was at the in-laws.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2017, 11:03:20 pm by Filler. »

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Thanks all for the lovely words. Really didn't expect so many to respond to what I'd posted. But it's touching that so many did, it really is. Wasn't exaggerating when I said I didn't raise an eyebrow all game - we could have lost 5-0 and I doubt I would have moved an inch. Third goal goes in and I'm hugging the fella next to me, and all that mattered was the Reds. Fucking bizarre but there we go.

Funeral's on Wednesday. YNWA will be playing obviously, and never have the words meant so much.

RIP
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?

A couple of years ago my dad passed away and I mentioned it in a post in here and had a nice response, very nice response. Liverpool won their next game that day too!

On a related note my uncle who was a blue died a few months ago, apparently he had asked that at his funeral some of their players would lower him into his grave. "So they can let me down, one last fucking time!" 

Hope everything goes well this week for you mate, and my condolences to you an your family.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight

For me this particular fixture comes with a surreal mix of emotions for reasons very similar to the ones you mentioned. It's just a game, and yet it can make you feel content when you least expect it, and when you most need it. Glad we got the win for you mate.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan

It's written by Chris Morris.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2017, 11:33:50 pm by Filler. »

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop

Sympathies buddy but pretty sure your Dad was jumping up and down on that third goal as well.

All the best on Wednesday.

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
I f*cking slaughtered Adam Lallana on here after Leicester but fair f*cks to him he was absolutely immense today. Easily one of the best individual performances in a red shirt this season.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Think the likes of Mane and Lallana singled out for the most praise and deservedly so, but Gini Wijnaldum has quietly been our best big game player this season. Assist on his debut vs Arsenal, MOTM vs Chelsea away and an equalising goal vs them at home (two games in which he comes out on top vs the best midfielder in the league in Kante), winning goal vs City, assist vs Spurs at home and capping off another great performance with a goal today.

Fans needed this lift but gotta remember that nothing has changed here, beating the likes if Arsenal hasn't been our problem. Anything other than a win v Burnley is a disaster.

Up Jurgen's bastard reds.
Didn't he also score the equalizer against Manu at Anfield?
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
Because he's a dickhead.
To be fair, he may be a dickhead but he does say he supports the Scum newspaper boycott

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Surreal feeling waking up in Australia at 5am (thanks, oh 1-year-old son in the next room) and actually feeling good about football after seeing Man U had ballsed up and we were 2-0 up against the Arse. Some sphincter clenching by me (not so much from my son: thanks for that, kid) and then Gini steps up for another huge goal. Loved it.

Now terrified about Burnley, naturally.

Glad to hear the Reds were able to give you a lift when you needed it most, TravisBickle.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.