Author Topic: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0  (Read 150550 times)

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
Re: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #1280 on: April 29, 2015, 12:33:55 pm »
We're just not in a great place right now.  I can see Hull losing against Spurs/Arsenal/United and being really poor against them.
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #1281 on: April 29, 2015, 12:33:59 pm »
you can...Rafa always looked for players with tough mentality,and he mentioned mentality quite often... Rodgers is interested only in "being great technician". You can find technicians all over la liga, and even in theirs secunda division,but mentality is what wins you big games, and to spot a player with tough mentality you really need to have an eye for that

Mentalitee doesn't appear in stat sheets though.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1282 on: April 29, 2015, 12:38:15 pm »
What about Kwalitee? ;D

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1283 on: April 29, 2015, 12:40:51 pm »
What about Kwalitee? ;D

kwalitee is ok, but you need to work really really hArd
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline trevor1973

• Main Stander
  • "and Kenny Dalglish the creator supreme"
Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #1284 on: April 29, 2015, 12:43:20 pm »
The bitching fans - those who wanted Rafa out & joined the media caricature bandwagon - I still can't comprehend their thinking to this day - I can understand the uncertainty now about Brendan but after what Rafa did ~ and his last season was an aberration due to what was going on in the background - he's a winner. FSG wouldn't have him though - sickens me that - he would walk over hot coal to manage us again
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 12:45:07 pm by trevor1973 »

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1285 on: April 29, 2015, 12:43:30 pm »
About the game:

I liked the back four with Can tucking in from the right and freeing up Henderson to be a bit more marauding (or vice-versa, they seemed to cover for each other). There were moments Can broke through and generated a lot of danger though it never ended in a goal. Perhaps with different personnel up top we'd reap more reward.

I think we remain pretty solid defensively.

We have a problem when teams set up in a low block or let us come on to them. We don't have good enough movement/vision/patience to draw them out of shape and open a gap to get in and score (nevermind no one to finish the chance). We keep possession, move it about but are pretty static in shape and never do much that's unexpected. We also seem impatient once we get in the final third. Sterling is the most predictable of the bunch, cutting in on his right after a few tricks with his legs and running along the 18-yard box until a mass of defenders bump him off the ball.

The other half of that problem is that we are incapable of sitting off and trying to invite a team on to us. Rodgers tries it in all the bigger games and it ends in total disaster each time.

Balotelli remains as disappointing a signing as before. The hype around him and his talent that he just has to realize is mind boggling - i just dont see any remarkable talent in the lad. I think he's a character and hilarious but he's not this world class player just waiting to step up.

I've not got much confidence that Rodgers can coach and effective possession game. Either that or 90% of our squad isnt suited to it. I said this a long time ago and I'll say it again. We need a more pragmatic approach that fits with our limits in the market. Not that we're poor but the really special players that make a Bracelona-esque possession side work are out of reach. We need a system that relies less on individual brilliance and more on the team and energy. Doesn't have to be geggenpressing but something like last season that's a bit more defensively solid.

I still think Henderson isn't being utilized and is in a half role in every XI he starts in, doing too many things. I'd love to find a way to give him more freedom to run at the defense and just be all over. Perhaps the Can at RB tucking in will be a solution to that?

I just dont think anything we've done is getting the best out of what we have here post-SAS. I still want to play attacking football but surely there's more ways to do that then just knocking the ball back and forth as most of our players stay planted on their feet waiting for the pass before moving. It's just so predictable.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1286 on: April 29, 2015, 12:45:33 pm »
you can...Rafa always looked for players with tough mentality,and he mentioned mentality quite often... Rodgers is interested only in "being great technician". You can find technicians all over la liga, and even in theirs secunda division,but mentality is what wins you big games, and to spot a player with tough mentality you really need to have an eye for that....mentality isn't just to shout at everything unnecessarily like Lovren,but it's more than that

Couldn't agree more. That's the thing sticking in my throat at the minute and it just wound me up more and more as that game went on last night.
We have no big game players anymore, no players who will get us points when we fall behind, or drag others to a level of performance they demand. No one to pull us out of a hole when we are in a bad run of form. It seems to me like we get a win, and slowly we get some confidence until its taken away and we lack the mentality to bring it back again.
When we lose a game now, I don't see a team who will have the "we will not be beaten" mentality in the next game, I see a team who play like they are beaten from the first whistle. And that has to fucking change, pronto.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #1287 on: April 29, 2015, 01:00:13 pm »
Couldn't bring myself to post last night....just....meh.
Our season has truly fallen apart and we are devoid of any attacking flair or prowess and have zero movement.

Just dreadful.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #1288 on: April 29, 2015, 01:03:38 pm »
Another shite performance from the players and the manager...par for the course i suppose!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1289 on: April 29, 2015, 01:05:46 pm »
Why give him one more season?

We've already given him over 200m. What more do you want? You feel sorry for him?

you to cease with this personal vendetta against Brendan from day one just because he got rid of the tubby journeyman to Stoke might be nice,  but i doubt it will ever happen. :wave
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: April 29, 2015, 01:07:00 pm »
I think yesterday we had probably the worst bunch of players in a long time with the inability to shoot well both inside and outside the box. I cannot recall us having a side with so little punch.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: April 29, 2015, 01:08:17 pm »
you can...Rafa always looked for players with tough mentality,and he mentioned mentality quite often... Rodgers is interested only in "being great technician". You can find technicians all over la liga, and even in theirs secunda division,but mentality is what wins you big games, and to spot a player with tough mentality you really need to have an eye for that....mentality isn't just to shout at everything unnecessarily like Lovren,but it's more than that

Rafa is never coming back while Ayre is here, deal with it FFS!

As for the game it was shit ;
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1292 on: April 29, 2015, 01:08:29 pm »
God... You know how much it would cost us to get rid of out management/chairman? - I worked it out today...

Millions.

Utter Millions of Hot Cash.

Money doesn't grow on trees you know - We would probably have to flog Balotelli or something to cover the costs. Half of the KOP, would essentially be paying their severance. But I mean, didn't Mr. Rodgers stall contract negotiations until the end of the season, or was that last season?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:12:35 pm by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: April 29, 2015, 01:09:58 pm »
I think yesterday we had probably the worst bunch of players in a long time with the inability to shoot well both inside and outside the box. I cannot recall us having a side with so little punch.

Owlface is by far the worst as far as results, performance, attitude, even last night Brendan wasnt even close to how dire the owlshit was

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1294 on: April 29, 2015, 01:12:42 pm »
Owlface is by far the worst as far as results, performance, attitude, even last night Brendan wasnt even close to how dire the owlshit was

Yes it was. Hodgson hadn't spent mega millions the summer before. Hodgson managed players who were shit and the performances were as bad as Brendans million pound shithouses. 
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: April 29, 2015, 01:12:43 pm »

I was more referring to the players and the lack of ability when it comes to shooting. Obviously we have had this side out in other games this season but before we at least had a Torres, Gerrard, Suarez, Sturridge or someone who looks comfortable with their shooting boots on. Yesterday we didn't have a single player that looks comfortable taking a shot and that probably explains our toothless approach.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: April 29, 2015, 01:14:04 pm »
I'd like the fact Hodgson was our manager expunged from all records, and my memory if at all possible.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #1297 on: April 29, 2015, 01:14:39 pm »
If Brendan was anything close to a "tactical genius" he wouldn't of gone balls to the wall attack against Chelsea when we only needed a point, and we'd of won the league. Naivity.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1298 on: April 29, 2015, 01:16:53 pm »
I dont think we need a major overhaul. The centre backs are okay, Lovren needs a fairer crack of the whip for me. Played well in spells but had his confidence majorly disrupted at the beginning of the season. Theres a decent CB in there, how else do you explain his form at Southampton and before that at Lyon. I would give him another year to prove himself. With Ilori coming in as well I dont think theres a major need for a first team CB.

Full back is  a problem area though. We need to start playing full backs at full back. If we keep hold of Flanno I'd say we need atleast one right back.

Personally in centre midfield I would scrap Allen and cash in. Not good enough and injury prone too, he's had 3 years to stamp his mark in a red shirt and he's been good in patches but overall poor. Centre midfield we would have Lucas, Hendo and Can. Think we need atleast one more solid midfielder.

If we were to sign an attacking midfielder a la Depay then I could only see that in 1 of 2 scenarios. He's Sterlings replacement or Markovic is going out on loan. Would obviously prefer it to be the latter but I also think signing Depay for 25 million and selling Sterling for 50 is decent business by the club. Strikers is where the major overhaul will come. The club will try to sell Balotelli, Borini and Lambert, and hopefully recoup some of the money lost on them. We will then bring in Origi, as well as get in Ings on the cheap. Then we will hopefully be looking for a top striker with some goalscoring pedigree who fits our team and style. Once we have that, i think we will have a decent squad. 2/3 20-30 million pound signings that are the right choice for their position, and our team will be fighting at the top end of the table again. Whether we'll spend that kind of money or target the right players remains to be seen.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1299 on: April 29, 2015, 01:18:14 pm »
If Brendan was anything close to a "tactical genius" he wouldn't of gone balls to the wall attack against Chelsea when we only needed a point, and we'd of won the league. Naivity.

We only needed a point if you assume we'd have gone to Palace and won.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: April 29, 2015, 01:19:43 pm »

I agree.
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1301 on: April 29, 2015, 01:20:48 pm »
I agree.

What about Monchi? Was it all a lie?  :(

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: April 29, 2015, 01:22:22 pm »
About the game:

I liked the back four with Can tucking in from the right and freeing up Henderson to be a bit more marauding (or vice-versa, they seemed to cover for each other). There were moments Can broke through and generated a lot of danger though it never ended in a goal. Perhaps with different personnel up top we'd reap more reward.

I think we remain pretty solid defensively.

I see a lot of people on here (especially in this thread) say we've been defensively poor for 3 seasons under Rodgers. The stats however suggest we're not bad but when watching our games I have to admit that it feels to me we're quite likely to concede, especially from set-pieces or crosses.

For example Hull caused us issues a number of times yesterday just by getting the ball into the area. N'Doye had a gilt-edged chance from an Aluko cross and yes Mignolet dealt with it, but we still looked shaky. Is it down to Sakho's absence? Or are we really just not great defensively? I felt Hull had a lot of luck with the bouncing ball last night (and it feels like opposing teams in general have had this recently) in that say a deflection would fall kindly to them - not necessarily in threatening areas mind, but still it seemed noticeable to me.

Conversely I didn't notice us causing Hull many similar issues (although the fact we were so rarely in their box is an entirely separate issue...!!), perhaps it's because we're not a team that does a lot of crossing, or that our set-piece delivery seems consistently awful.

It seems to me that whilst we may have been fairly defensively sound in terms of statistics, we may not look terribly convincing with the naked eyes.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1303 on: April 29, 2015, 01:23:07 pm »
I'd like the fact Hodgson was our manager expunged from all records, and my memory if at all possible.

i have often wished for that as well like the 'it was just a dream' season in Dallas , of course nightmare is closer .

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: April 29, 2015, 01:23:08 pm »
The same for the next manager, to be honest. I get the vitriol around him but let's be fair minded here.

You mean it was the same for Hodgson who was the next manager? No, that was all down to Hodgson himself.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: April 29, 2015, 01:24:57 pm »
What about Monchi? Was it all a lie?  :(

I think that truth lies in the middle.

He was here but probably just transfer business, we'll see.

We know that he's learning english for about a year though (confirmed by reliable journos).

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #1306 on: April 29, 2015, 01:25:19 pm »
Operation 'no Europa League' is becoming a bit too obvious
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #1307 on: April 29, 2015, 01:26:49 pm »

Determination: 20

;)

Offline Twitter.com

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1308 on: April 29, 2015, 01:26:50 pm »
Operation 'no Europa League' is becoming a bit too obvious

Well, if Arsenal wins FA Cup, then we need 8th place for that operation to be successful.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #1309 on: April 29, 2015, 01:28:06 pm »

Yeah, Ayre is bigger than the club!

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: April 29, 2015, 01:28:46 pm »
"To everyone" You were only making a general point to everyone? Doing so by specifically picking up on my comment. That's interesting.

With all due respect, my I suggest that if Mod's want to use their time constructively that the finally get round to addressing my complaint to them about a a particularly abusive and aggressive posting directed at me...for which I have had not even an acknowledgement, despite having to report it for a second time.

Oh stop being so fucking precious. If I had a quid for every time someone called me a c*nt on here, I could buy Balotelli so I could plonk him in the garden and get the dogs to play him offside in a game of three and in.

If you had a quid for every time someone thought you were a c*nt after reading that post, you'd probably be able to buy Messi, Neymar, Suarez and Xavi to play 5 a side with.

It's only the fucking internet, take a fucking nelson. The mods do a fine job, for the sweet sum of fuck all might I add, and still get people moaning about having their fucking delicate sensibilities offended? There's forty odd thousand on this site, and as far as I know, we don't all have a dedicated mod each to ensure that we're protected from hurt feelings.

With all due respect, my I suggest that if you want to use your time constructively that you finally stop crying like a fucking 7 year old girl who has tripped over her skipping rope over one stupid fucking post about you. Which weighing up the evidence, was probably fucking true anyway.

The report to moderator button is in the bottom right hand corner of my post if you feel the need to use it, but I have a feeling you already knew that.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #1311 on: April 29, 2015, 01:29:54 pm »
Well, if Arsenal wins FA Cup, then we need 8th place for that operation to be successful.

If we continue to play like that, we may be able to achieve that.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1312 on: April 29, 2015, 01:30:52 pm »
Yes it was. Hodgson hadn't spent mega millions the summer before. Hodgson managed players who were shit and the performances were as bad as Brendans million pound shithouses. 

Ah yes, the shit like Torres, Gerrard, Kuyt, Carragher, Lucas, Skrtel, dross one and all.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1313 on: April 29, 2015, 01:31:31 pm »

Please why do people chat so much shit about this? We tried to win the game and Gerrard fucking slipped, thats not on Brendan is it? Then we went all out against the bus and they scored a late goal when we had all our team pushed up.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1314 on: April 29, 2015, 01:35:12 pm »
You mean it was the same for Hodgson who was the next manager? No, that was all down to Hodgson himself.

true he told us we need to learn how to support this club for one, he put a team of kids against Northampton lost the game then tore into the kids in the media, he was also foisted on us, by some of the shitiest underhand dealings with sacking Rafa by Cecil and i reckon Ayre plus a few more but thats a well worn debate.

All managers before and since we have welcomed and supported no matter who they replaced, some of us maybe be grudgingly even wanted to give owl a chance because it is in the DNA of some of us, but Hodgson totally misjudged  the fans, the players hated his style read Reina's book for how pissed he was about it, his football drove fans away from Anfield,  he was simply wrong in every facet of being a Liverpool Manager !

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1315 on: April 29, 2015, 01:36:32 pm »
haven't you and everyone else realised yet that it was Suarez that carried the whole team on his shoulders last year and made Brendan look like he was the best next thing!

Where did we finish the season before last?
Where did we finish the season before that?

Was a certain someone in the team in those two seasons?

Why is that argument of yours only valid last season but not the seasons before?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:40:42 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #1316 on: April 29, 2015, 01:36:55 pm »

We're on course for it.

I have a lot of faith in these players and in Rodgers that we can get 8th. It will be a push but I think if we work really, really hard at Melwood, we should be able to lose about three quarters of our remaining games.

The lads are doing a fantastic job at the moment, just need to keep it going.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: April 29, 2015, 01:37:57 pm »
Where did we finish the season before last?

Why does that matter?! It doesn't suit my agenda!!! F off!!!!! ;)

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1318 on: April 29, 2015, 01:39:16 pm »
Please why do people chat so much shit about this? We tried to win the game and Gerrard fucking slipped, thats not on Brendan is it? Then we went all out against the bus and they scored a late goal when we had all our team pushed up.

The real damage was done managerially speaking in the Crystal palace match when we let a 3 goal lead slip.

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #1319 on: April 29, 2015, 01:42:26 pm »

Oh yeah, it was the 'balls to the wall attack against Chelsea' that cost us

Not our deepest player slipping in possession with the ball putting through their striker, clearly an issue with us attacking too much