Author Topic: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0  (Read 151735 times)

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #640 on: April 28, 2015, 10:38:57 pm »
He never had 4 Bayerns to contend with either.
My word, that... is an... interesting post
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: April 28, 2015, 10:39:08 pm »
If we have a new manager it will just be papering over the cracks.

The only cracks i can see are ones Rodgers has made.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: April 28, 2015, 10:39:19 pm »

OOOOOHHHHHHH TRANSFERRRRRRRR COMITTTEEEEEEEEE

:lmao

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: April 28, 2015, 10:39:44 pm »
Put yourself in the owner's position.

They probably know that the team needs improving. It is up to Rodgers to show that there is a foundation to build upon. However today's performance just showed that the team and club are currently in a shambles. Best to change the manager and hope that somebody can get the team playing again. The alternative is to spend a huge sum and still play cross like tonight.

So I'm afraid that tonight was the end for the manager.

Put yourself in the managers position too. Consistently let down when trying to sign top targets and a clueless transfer strategy which puts too much emphasis on youth due to potential resale value. Bren has made mistakes, no question but he's certainly not helped by the ineptitude and naivitey of those around him.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: April 28, 2015, 10:39:52 pm »

60 million quid of firepower there.

OOOOOHHHHHHH TRANSFERRRRRRRR COMITTTEEEEEEEEE

Why are people blaming the transfer committee for the likes of Lallana, Lovren now? Clear who wanted them
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #645 on: April 28, 2015, 10:39:59 pm »
Would love you to name these 4 Bayern's?

Could do with a laugh

He's referring to West Brom, Aston Villa, Hull and Newcastle of course.

Atleast we beat one of them I suppose. They're Bayern in turmoil though.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:02 pm »
Also said 5th is "about where we're at", whatever that means.

What about finishing 7th?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #647 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:09 pm »
Too many players who are occasionally good at the extravagant.

Not enough players who are consistently good at the simple fundamentals of football.

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #648 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:12 pm »
Nothing. Nothing will ever compare to when the melted face owl was at the helm. I could kick that face every day for the rest of me life.
[/quote
That Wolves home game still haunts me. We are bad at the moment but not that bad.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:23 pm »
Here we go again, miss out on the league by the skin of our teeth, shit hits the fan, team struggles next season, the calls for the managers head start... I wonder what genius we should go for this time? Are there any coaches a little more English with credentials as good as Hodge Podge's? I fucking hope not, and I thought we'd learnt our lesson after taking years to recover from the Rafa debacle, but we're consistent if nothing else.

Rafa had the tumours asset stripping the club.
Rodgers just spunked 120 million on fucking shite.
Rafa had actually won trophies in his first 3 years as well.  There's no comparison for me.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:27 pm »
Got them to the final. Don't think FSG would be interested.
Too much of a winner for them. Immediately disqualified from the job contention.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #651 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:28 pm »
He never had 4 Bayerns to contend with either.

Rogers had????

Our top 4 are nothing close to Bayern.

Klopp keeps loosing players to Bayern regularly yet keeps recruiting and keeping up good results.

Rogers could not cope or compete properly with Ludogorec and Basel. Klopp competed against Real.
Nemoj zezat!!!

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #652 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:46 pm »
The only cracks i can see are ones Rodgers has made.

Thats just harsh.

Rodgers lost a fair bit of weight.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:48 pm »
I`m not talking about the quality of football FFS. We are in the same market with at least 5 teams that could easily snatch players away from us as we`ve seen with Alexis. Imagine if we only had City to deal with here how easier it would have been for us to find players and build top teams.

It still wouldn't stop us from targeting and paying inflated prices for mediocre mid-table players. No one else were in for Lallana and Lovren - yet seemingly, they were the manager's primary targets.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: April 28, 2015, 10:41:29 pm »
Why are people blaming the transfer committee for the likes of Lallana, Lovren now? Clear who wanted them

Because the transfer committee is made up of a group of people that decides on transfers. This includes Rodgers. The set up doesn't work and whomever set it up needs to take responsibility and sort it out.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: April 28, 2015, 10:41:30 pm »
Balotelli

Lambert

Aspas

Borini

There's your strikers YOU signed Brendan FUCKING MOTIVATE them
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #656 on: April 28, 2015, 10:41:33 pm »
People can blame the manager all they like but the fact is that he's playing within the boundaries of the fucking pathetic recruitment strategy of our owners. Buying young players with potential and expecting them to produce instant trophies and champions league qualification as standard is a flawed plan. This isn't baseball and were not the fuckin Hackensack Bulls! I don't trust FSG one bit and have little faith in how they are running affairs on the pitch. We need to revise things pronto this summer and get in players who are ready to come straight into the team, players who are 26, 27, 28, experienced players who can offer balance and guide the younger lads in the team. We need to start paying the going rate when it comes to contract length and wages otherwise we'll be left behind again. We had that opportunity last year with CL qualification, the carrot was there to attract star quality but we fucked up. Liverpool are a massive, massive club but fuck me we haven't acted like it off the pitch in recent years.
Surely Brendan must shoulder a fair chunk of the responsibility from the transfer window. Plus, he should be able to get something more out of this team, it's not devoid of quality.

FSG do have to step up though, they need to use their stats to recognise the value of goalscorers in particular, and adjust their model to accommodate going all and making our team top heavy. Goals win games, and we need to start scoring some.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #657 on: April 28, 2015, 10:41:35 pm »
Klopp wouldn't come here.

He has the pick of several clubs in Europe who all sit in far better positions than us. There's City in our league for starters, he'd be mad not to go there instead.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #658 on: April 28, 2015, 10:41:59 pm »
He's referring to West Brom, Aston Villa, Hull and Newcastle of course.

Atleast we beat one of them I suppose. They're Bayern in turmoil though.

They're sort of like 5/8ths of a Bayern.

Hull are only about a half bayern, but obviously today we were -6.1 Bayerns.

The real trouble arises when your team is 5 Bayerns less than the opposition.

Hopefully we can get 42.6% Bayerns in the summer.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: April 28, 2015, 10:42:10 pm »
BR post-match interview was interesting.

Said it was frustrating, but made out like we were unlucky because Hull didn't have many chances.

Also said 5th is "about where we're at", whatever that means.

Funny. 12 months ago if you spent £100m you should be challenging for the title
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #660 on: April 28, 2015, 10:42:20 pm »
Maybe its better to leave this thread alone for a day or two, get drunk and try to remember when I last felt hopeful.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: April 28, 2015, 10:42:41 pm »
Fucking hell, are you in Munich now, gonna meet him for a pint in half hour ?

What else you know about what's going on in Jurgen's mind ?

Yea, Dortmund were fucking shite to watch when they twatted Mourinho's Madrid 4-1 in CL semi, or destroyed Heyneckes' Bayern 5-2 in the cup final. I'd hate that. What an awful sight. Reminded me of Stoke circa 08-09.
Sorry I hurt your feelings mate. I was just being real

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: April 28, 2015, 10:42:42 pm »
OK. Discovered Bayern vs Dortmund on a different channel as soon as our game finished. Watched that game and it was good to get some distance from our performance.

I don't know what I saw vs Hull. It's as if we're not connected as a team. I don't know the proper word for it. But we play as individuals. And we play without a front man. During the game today, I got annoyed with Johnson. It's like he plays on 50%. He goes through the motions. I don't even understand how we could stay on for 90 mins. I don't understand how he got to start. We brought nothing new and we got nothing new.

Dortmund have been in really bad places this season. They celebrated that win vs Bayern. I'm not even sure I can see us do that. I don't mean win, I mean celebrate. It's like it's gone from us. And this brings me to this. We're waiting for this season to end. It didn't matter we could come closer to that CL spot. In our minds, it's over. And I think it is. We're waiting for something else. That's my impression. And I recognize the feeling. It doesn't mean I think it's the right thing to do, but I think we'll have a different manager when next season begins. Reasons, whether it's fair, I won't even bother. The energy is gone. And it's sad to see.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: April 28, 2015, 10:43:02 pm »
Klopp wouldn't come here.

He has the pick of several clubs in Europe who all sit in far better positions than us. There's City in our league for starters, he'd be mad not to go there instead.

There's been lots of talk on Klopp that he's got a preference for a club like United or Liverpool. City also seemingly want a short term manager until they can lure Pep

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
« Reply #664 on: April 28, 2015, 10:43:09 pm »
A nothing performance yet again. Not sure how people can keep defending Rodgers at this point. It's clear the players have little motivation playing for him. Abysmal.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #665 on: April 28, 2015, 10:43:13 pm »
Sounds like I did not miss anything then: I did watch a brilliant Bayern M - Borussia D game though instead!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: April 28, 2015, 10:43:21 pm »
Raphael Honigstein and Klopp's previous interviews begs to differ.

But then, the evertonization of the club is growing every day, that it's no wonder some fans accept mediocrity and aren't even envisioning the possibility of an upgrade/improvement.

I seriously wish those fans would fuck off. A constant stream of negativity and any lack of will. They always think we wouldn't get whoever we are linked with. They'll come up with excuses for Danny fucking Ings.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #667 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:03 pm »
as someone on that social media site that cannot be mentioned on here said

our form isnt that bad if you take out the defeats and draws

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

theres nothing to worry about  :-[

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #668 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:07 pm »
Bag of shit
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:07 pm »

Annoys the fuck out of me this. We didn't spend 100m, we spent the Suarez cash and 20m ish on top of that. Net spend is the only relevant factor. And the fact is, when it comes to it, FSG don't put their hands in their pockets like the other big teams above us do.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:20 pm »
im at the stage now where i feel we may as well play Borini as a striker cos we're not getting goals from anyone else and at least with him you're going to get good movement and 100% effort and he actually usually gets into some decent positions to score.

Balotelli wouldn't play again for me after that display, his laziness for the goal just encapsulated his whole performance i don't want to see him in the team anymore.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:27 pm »
Too much of a winner for them. Immediately disqualified from the job contention.

Serious point. Klopp is sick of building teams, losing players, having to rebuild. He'd come here but not to rebuild anything, just build on the good things. But he's ambitious because he's got the taste of winning, we don't have many winners, we don't have that taste and desire, from management to playing staff.

The fact is, Rodgers is the best we can do.

Lets see how next season goes, he's out of excuses now so we'll see how he gets on next season.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:27 pm »
I hope this filters through to the players. Because if they think he's under pressure enough to get sacked we'll find out for certain how much they want him to stay over the next couple of games.
He was under pressure after the Villa game and we know how the next two games panned out.

My problem with this is that again we can seemingly play all night and not score. Last 3 games have been against relegation candidates who have been shit all season and we manage to get done by them. Striker or no striker this is just unacceptable, this awful season cannot end quick enough. Feel for Brendan, pressure is going to be cranked up even more.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:45 pm »
Yeah him saying that about Spurs shows he needs to shut the fuck up. Sometimes he makes everything harder for himself. I prefer a coy manager to a mini-Mourinho(with out the silverware to show for it). Last season he was saying some cringe worthy stuff but it was masked by our performances but you can't really blame him I guess the media are persistent.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #674 on: April 28, 2015, 10:45:16 pm »
Sorry I hurt your feelings mate. I was just being real

being real... ;D ....you know fuckall, just like the rest of us know fuckall...stop making out you're some cross between Steve Peters and the amazing fuckin Kreskin
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: April 28, 2015, 10:45:19 pm »
Ye, by Four and a half minutes, you on dial-up or what!?

Two and a half actually, and no, I was reading through the thread, and it takes time to google ;)

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: April 28, 2015, 10:45:29 pm »
as someone on that social media site that cannot be mentioned on here said

our form isnt that bad if you take out the defeats and draws

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

It's true, we would have won the League, CL, FA Cup and League Cup too.

Some perspective is needed.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #677 on: April 28, 2015, 10:45:49 pm »
Balotelli

Lambert

Aspas

Borini

There's your strikers YOU signed Brendan FUCKING MOTIVATE them

What a shocking list of strikers that is. They couldn't score in a brothel with a golden cock.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: April 28, 2015, 10:46:13 pm »
Annoys the fuck out of me this. We didn't spend 100m, we spent the Suarez cash and 20m ish on top of that. Net spend is the only relevant factor. And the fact is, when it comes to it, FSG don't put their hands in their pockets like the other big teams above us do.

Spurs did exactly the same with Bale, yet Rodgers said they should be challenging for the title

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #679 on: April 28, 2015, 10:46:14 pm »
Rafa had the tumours asset stripping the club.
Rodgers just spunked 120 million on fucking shite.
Rafa had actually won trophies in his first 3 years as well.  There's no comparison for me.

Rafa was a saint. Until those aholes removed all financial backing (they were spending money on interest payments for their leveraged buyout) he was doing well and assembling a good team. Sure, he had his share of misses in transfer windows but a lot of good hits too. Miss those european nights. There was belief we could beat anyone and often we did.
Good old times. He was a winner that one.