Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1403462 times)

Offline Korbflechter

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5480 on: February 10, 2019, 07:32:20 pm »
Loved reading about the atmosphere, unfortunately couldn't watch live yesterday. The support seems to be back to where we need it, what a boost just at the right time. And those lads on the pitch mustn't have been too shabby either, have they? Now we just need to make sure it's absolutely always like this. Especially when we go down, because let's face it: At some point it's going to happen. But when it does, it must not matter. Just like it hasn't in the past, it shouldn't do now. It's not even really crunchtime yet and even if it was, it's still the same game of football as the first one played on opening day. There is no table on the pitch, let's use that to our advantage 8) Because we'll field a superior side against every opponent we are to face on this run in.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #5481 on: February 10, 2019, 07:35:26 pm »
I find it hard to see City dropping anymore than 3 points now.  Take one game at a time tho, the utd match is huge, really need to get a result from it, but it's going to be a very tough game.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5482 on: February 10, 2019, 07:37:45 pm »
I find it hard to see City dropping anymore than 3 points now.  Take one game at a time tho, the utd match is huge, really need to get a result from it, but it's going to be a very tough game.

Why do people come on here saying they will win all the games / drop 'x' points?

They have lost 3 in last 10.

CL and FA Cup progression will mean more matches, etc.

They won 6-0 today but only got 3 points from it so let everyone hype them up.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #5483 on: February 10, 2019, 07:40:14 pm »
Why do people come on here saying they will win all the games / drop 'x' points?

Maybe because it's a discussion forum  ;) :o ::)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5484 on: February 10, 2019, 07:40:52 pm »
Maybe because it's a discussion forum  ;) :o ::)

It is but why do you think they will only drop 3 points?

What are you basing that statement on?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5485 on: February 10, 2019, 07:47:01 pm »

It goes back again to preparing to fail. Failing after expecting to fail is nice and easy so just do that, expect City to win all their games, us to drop points and they win it with a few games to spare.

KH is bang on the money when she says quite a few on here are suited to comfortable top four seasons and nothing more.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 07:51:26 pm by Eel Lobo »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5486 on: February 10, 2019, 07:51:17 pm »
It goes back again to preparing to fail. Failing after expecting to fail isnice and easy so just do that, expect City to win all their games, us to drop points and they win it with a few games to spare.

KH is bang on the money when she says quite a few on here are suited to comfortable top four seasons and nothing more.

We have to believe.

It is still in our hands at the moment.

Yes, we might ultimately come up short but we are right in the mix with a fantastic side.

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5487 on: February 10, 2019, 07:52:14 pm »
It goes back again to preparing to fail. Failing after expecting to fail isnice and easy so just do that, expect City to win all their games, us to drop points and they win it with a few games to spare.

Yep. Sometimes hope is hard. But that's what comes with supporting a successful team. Even in the 70s and 80s we had some crushing disappointments. It comes with the territory of competing for top honours.

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5488 on: February 10, 2019, 07:52:22 pm »
We're  teasing them. Watch them catch up, then we pull away again. No doubt a good side, but you know what, were a better "team" and our players aren't shouting the odds like Walker, Fernandinho etc. I believe we will win this thing, much to the disappointment of many in this country, including rival supporters, press, to pundits etc. We just need to stick together as one. As Jurgen has emphasised "Unity is Strength".
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5489 on: February 10, 2019, 08:00:02 pm »
We have to believe.

It is still in our hands at the moment.

Yes, we might ultimately come up short but we are right in the mix with a fantastic side.

We’re ‘pressuring’ them as much as they are us. This whole ‘City ramping up the pressure’ is a classic example of a media narrative which people who should know better have bought into. As has been said time and time and time and time and time again, we just need to focus on ourselves and on the next game. None of this ‘we need them to drop points’ or ‘this is a must win’ or ‘we’ve thrown this away’ nonsense.

Go onto the next game, hope we win, don’t shit ourselves if we don’t and then see where it leaves us. There absolutely will be more twists where we feel we’ve got the clear advantage and turns where City will feel the same.

But.....we’ll win it  :) Most likely grimly, on the last day, with everyone shitting their kecks
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #5490 on: February 10, 2019, 08:00:40 pm »
It is but why do you think they will only drop 3 points?

What are you basing that statement on?

Last season they had a strong finish.  Their last 12 games consisted of 10 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.  They also had a tougher run of matches last season towards the end than what they do this season.  This season has been the best team/squad that they've had (according to a few city fans who I know).  Yes they've got the FA Cup (Easy Draw), CL (They got one of the weaker teams left) and the League Cup Final against the team who they destroyed today.

If we win all our games then we win, simples.... I really hope that's the case, or that city drop 6 or 7 points.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5491 on: February 10, 2019, 08:01:41 pm »
We’re ‘pressuring’ them as much as they are us. This whole ‘City ramping up the pressure’ is a classic example of a media narrative which people who should know better have bought into. As has been said time and time and time and time and time again, we just need to focus on ourselves and on the next game. None of this ‘we need them to drop points’ or ‘this is a must win’ or ‘we’ve thrown this away’ nonsense.

Go onto the next game, hope we win, don’t shit ourselves if we don’t and then see where it leaves us. There absolutely will be more twists where we feel we’ve got the clear advantage and turns where City will feel the same.

But.....we’ll win it  :) Most likely grimly, on the last day, with everyone shitting their kecks

Cannot wait for Alisson to bury that 97th minute header against Wolves.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #5492 on: February 10, 2019, 08:02:04 pm »
Well they can piss off and support Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea then!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5493 on: February 10, 2019, 08:02:29 pm »

Why do people come on here and have so little faith in a team that has won 20, drawn 5 and lost 1? If City are so fucking special, why are they on the same points as us having played one more game?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5494 on: February 10, 2019, 08:03:29 pm »
Cannot wait for Alisson to bury that 97th minute header against Wolves.

I’m becoming more and more convinced that it’s a late Salah penalty that decides it....

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5495 on: February 10, 2019, 08:05:36 pm »
I’m becoming more and more convinced that it’s a late Salah penalty that decides it....

Imagine the scenes.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5496 on: February 10, 2019, 08:06:20 pm »
Why do people come on here and have so little faith in a team that has won 20, drawn 5 and lost 1? If City are so fucking special, why are they on the same points as us having played one more game?
Perception...after seeing Manchester City win their last 3 “tough” games at a cantor.

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5497 on: February 10, 2019, 08:07:34 pm »
Yep,looks like another drama filled finale,every season the same with Jurgen!
Hoping for a happy ending redmen.

Offline brightside.

• Main Stander
  • If you ain't first, you're last
    • twitter
« Reply #5498 on: February 10, 2019, 08:10:56 pm »
Assuming the worst, City get a win in every remaining game. I remember back in 08/09 season when we were challenging and Van Der Sar just decided to go on a run of 14 consecutive clean sheets. Can we do something like that pretty please? I have a feeling you have to do something incredible like that to beat this City team to the title.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:12:40 pm by brightside. »
Is it just me or does anyone else feel Kuyt could pull a Forest Gump once he retires from football. Just run for years without stopping

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5499 on: February 10, 2019, 08:11:07 pm »
Perception...after seeing Manchester City win their last 3 “tough” games at a cantor.

But we can't control what they do.

Let the media hype them up all they like

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5500 on: February 10, 2019, 08:14:41 pm »

Seen 'em throw away games they "should" win.

Not worried :)

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5501 on: February 10, 2019, 08:19:28 pm »
But we can't control what they do.

Let the media hype them up all they like
Totally agree with that. City are the ones playing catch up every week, despite how the media like to spin it the other way.

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5502 on: February 10, 2019, 08:21:27 pm »
Totally agree with that. City are the ones playing catch up every week, despite how the media like to spin it the other way.

Someone on Sky said that their charge is relentless but they lost to Newcastle recently.

And lost 3 in 10.

Long way to go.

Just need to keep our head.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5503 on: February 10, 2019, 08:22:54 pm »
Someone on Sky said that their charge is relentless but they lost to Newcastle recently.

And lost 3 in 10.

Long way to go.

I believe that was managerial genius Gary Neville

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5504 on: February 10, 2019, 08:24:37 pm »
I believe that was managerial genius Gary Neville

Also a goalkeeping expert.

He's an odd guy - seems delighted when City win.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5505 on: February 10, 2019, 08:27:05 pm »

And lost 3 in 10.

Long way to go.

It does make me laugh how the media seem to sweep those defeats under the carpet as if it never happened. We draw 2 games and we have buckled under the so called pressure.

I was listening to Max Power on talkshite the other day and he was trying to peddle the story “LIVERPOOL HAVE ONLY WON 2 GAMES IN 2019” like we had lost the other games and we had slipped to 4th.

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5506 on: February 10, 2019, 08:32:08 pm »
Also a goalkeeping expert.

He's an odd guy - seems delighted when City win.

A Manc in work said to me, you can catch us in 2 years, they'll get never to 20 in my lifetime. I think that is the mentality.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5507 on: February 10, 2019, 08:39:16 pm »

From a dive hopefully  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5508 on: February 10, 2019, 08:40:04 pm »
From a dive hopefully  ;D
That would be bitter sweet!

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5509 on: February 10, 2019, 08:41:58 pm »
It does make me laugh how the media seem to sweep those defeats under the carpet as if it never happened. We draw 2 games and we have buckled under the so called pressure.

I was listening to Max Power on talkshite the other day and he was trying to peddle the story “LIVERPOOL HAVE ONLY WON 2 GAMES IN 2019” like we had lost the other games and we had slipped to 4th.

That's your problem right there  :)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5510 on: February 10, 2019, 08:45:44 pm »
That's your problem right there  :)
Yep...I know. I’m a glutton for punishment - even worse when listening to Drive time!

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #5511 on: February 10, 2019, 08:48:50 pm »

That Norwich Numpty who presents BTSport, Jake somebody, had a brain fart/freudian slip last night and said "Liverpool got back to winning ways after their two defeats"  ....  ;D :D
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5512 on: February 10, 2019, 08:53:01 pm »
It does make me laugh how the media seem to sweep those defeats under the carpet as if it never happened. We draw 2 games and we have buckled under the so called pressure...

Heard the managerial genius Paul Ince talking on the radio about characters in the United dressing room when they won titles and compared it to Liverpool's two draws.

No mention of the players - the 'characters' - we were missing for those two draws.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5513 on: February 10, 2019, 08:57:48 pm »
Heard the managerial genius Paul Ince talking on the radio about characters in the United dressing room when they won titles and compared it to Liverpool's two draws.

No mention of the players - the 'characters' - we were missing for those two draws.

Didn't he say he could have gone into United and do same job as Solksjaer has?

Deluded idiots.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5514 on: February 10, 2019, 08:58:19 pm »
Pundits , sky etc should be happy we are were we are. Without us the league is basically over and it’s only February. Whatever happens lets hope we can invest again with 3 worldies in the summer and do the same again next season and again.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5515 on: February 10, 2019, 08:59:30 pm »

And where were their characters when Chelsea and Newcastle humped them 5-0 in that time?
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5516 on: February 10, 2019, 08:59:43 pm »

And lost 3 in 10.

Long way to go.

I think its because the manner in which they win them.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5517 on: February 10, 2019, 09:00:39 pm »
I think its because the manner in which they win them.

But you get 3 points if you win 1-0 too.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5518 on: February 10, 2019, 09:03:56 pm »
I heard on commentary yesterday that we are 18pts better off at this stage than we were last season!  A season where we finished 25pts behind City.

By my estimation they're gonna finish at least 7pts worse off than last year ... so we've closed the gap and we ARE good enough to win it providint we keep our nerve and continue at this rate.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #5519 on: February 10, 2019, 09:05:03 pm »
Oxlaid-Chamberlain, middle field charge, smashes it in...and that's how the Premier League was won