Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1407675 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5440 on: February 10, 2019, 06:17:26 pm »
I disagree.

We do need to win.

Draws aren't good enough at this stage of the season and we need to maintain our lead for as long as we can. Plus it'll help our confidence.

Same sort of nonsense that we saw ‘last time’, with respect. If we’d taken a draw against Chelsea I dare say we’d have won the league and we wouldn’t have fans now shitting their pants when City or fucking Spurs win a game.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5441 on: February 10, 2019, 06:18:02 pm »
No, they'll sit back and counter down the flanks and look to exploit any nerves at set pieces.

They did that against Spurs didn’t they? Spurs should have won really, just not clinical enough. Should really have been two points behind, ouch :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5442 on: February 10, 2019, 06:20:54 pm »
We need to ignore City for now, just concentrate on ourselves. I know some were in favour of losing in the CL, but I think its important we try and win those games too, we need momentum to do that, the CL will help us regain that. Then as you say its down to us.

Really? The mind fucking boggles.

Look at our pathetic surrender in the FA Cup and people being delighted City got to the League Cup final and progress in the FA Cup. They've got byes in those games and it has meant absolutely fuck all. Same as Chelsea getting to the European Cup semi final in 2014 when people were delighted. Again, meant fuck all.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #5443 on: February 10, 2019, 06:22:34 pm »
Let me know when it's not in our own hands

Ta

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5444 on: February 10, 2019, 06:31:15 pm »
Really? The mind fucking boggles.

Look at our pathetic surrender in the FA Cup and people being delighted City got to the League Cup final and progress in the FA Cup. They've got byes in those games and it has meant absolutely fuck all.

But we don't know that yet. The time off between games previously and now coming up may make the difference in terms of tactical preparation and fitness come the final two months.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5445 on: February 10, 2019, 06:32:25 pm »
There is no way they are going sit back at OT, he's already stated that United are an attacking team I would be amazed if he did that, I would still back us to get a result though even if he did.

You seem certain of most things...anyway, should be a good challenge for both clubs. Can't wait.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5446 on: February 10, 2019, 06:33:19 pm »
You seem certain of most things...anyway, should be a good challenge for both clubs. Can't wait.

Based entirely on what he has actually said, I might add.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5447 on: February 10, 2019, 06:38:39 pm »
I’d love a CL quarter final repeat with City, would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons and test their involvement in every competition! I’d 100% back us again too! 😀😀

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #5448 on: February 10, 2019, 06:38:40 pm »
1 draw and 11 wins is good enough. That's assuming a side that have lost 3 in their last 10 go on to win their next 11

You're also assuming a side that has drawn 2 and lost 1 in their last 10 also goes on to win 11 of their next 12. I'm not saying City won't drop any points, but we may as well. I think people saying we need to beat United are saying it in the context of things. Yes, a draw will keep us top. But there will be absolutely no room for error. Can we really just flick a switch and go on an 11 game winning streak if we fail to beat United, given the recent draws we have had as well?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5449 on: February 10, 2019, 06:39:18 pm »
Same sort of nonsense that we saw ‘last time’, with respect. If we’d taken a draw against Chelsea I dare say we’d have won the league and we wouldn’t have fans now shitting their pants when City or fucking Spurs win a game.

That was just a bit of rotten luck with the slip. nothing you could do about that.

I'm not shitting my pants as you call it.  Winning at OT would be massive, for obvious reason and also help to build momentum.  We've stuttered for three games, but are still three points clear (if we win).  It's massive to maintain that lead at this stage and keeps the pressure on them.

Like I said, if we keep winning, there isn't anything they can do about it. 12 cup finals from now til the end of the season.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5450 on: February 10, 2019, 06:41:18 pm »
That was just a bit of rotten luck with the slip. nothing you could do about that.

I'm not shitting my pants as you call it.  Winning at OT would be massive, for obvious reason and also help to build momentum.  We've stuttered for three games, but are still three points clear (if we win).  It's massive to maintain that lead at this stage and keeps the pressure on them.

Like I said, if we keep winning, there isn't anything they can do about it. 12 cup finals from now til the end of the season.

And if we draw there and then win the remaining, there’s nothing they can do about it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5451 on: February 10, 2019, 06:42:27 pm »
You're also assuming a side that has drawn 2 and lost 1 in their last 10 also goes on to win 11 of their next 12. I'm not saying City won't drop any points, but we may as well. I think people saying we need to beat United are saying it in the context of things. Yes, a draw will keep us top. But there will be absolutely no room for error. Can we really just flick a switch and go on an 11 game winning streak if we fail to beat United, given the recent draws we have had as well?

Simply responding to the comment that "draws aren't good enough"

I do think winning against United is extremely important. More important than not losing. I feel we need to hold on to the margin for error for as long as possible. If we don't win, we have lost that margin for error.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5452 on: February 10, 2019, 06:42:51 pm »

None of us actually know what we need to do though. The best thing is to aim to win as many as we can possibly do, but also have some perspective if we end drawing a game. Until the end of the season we just won't know. City have an awful lot more games to get through than us so in that context anything could still happen.

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5453 on: February 10, 2019, 06:43:42 pm »
11 wins and a draw from 12 is a big ask. We're looking at a run of 2014 proportions albeit we're a better side now. I think we need City to fuck up at least twice along the line to give us some leeway. I can't see it happening in their next three so it's down to the other Mancs to do us an unlikely favour. Beating that shower ourselves would be massive but if we were to lose that one no doubt there will be a lot of bed wetting and handing City the title when in reality we'd only be down on goal difference with 11 to go. We can't be all that bad if we end up in that position when up against one of the most complete squads (arguably the most complete) in PL history. We were never going to run away with it against that lot, so let's hang in there and see where we are with 4/5 to go.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5454 on: February 10, 2019, 06:45:04 pm »
We are going to break their whole shitty City if we win at Old Trafford. Two clubs and two fanbases absolutely broken. It will be beautiful. Hopefully it's officiated properly, that's always by far our biggest problem there, last season we had 3 pens turned down, season before we were brilliant, dominated then got fucked over by an offside goal late on etc etc.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #5455 on: February 10, 2019, 06:46:25 pm »
12 cup finals from now til the end of the season.

indeed...soooo, let the support do what the support does best at cup finals. Where ever in the world, just fucking be there and support the team.

No negativity...just do our job as supporters - particularly against the Manc shite at OT next

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5456 on: February 10, 2019, 06:49:20 pm »
We are going to break their whole shitty City if we win at Old Trafford. Two clubs and two fanbases absolutely broken. It will be beautiful. Hopefully it's officiated properly, that's always by far our biggest problem there, last season we had 3 pens turned down, season before we were brilliant, dominated then got fucked over by an offside goal late on etc etc.

The freefall coming out of Manchester should we win there would be quite hilarious.... Make it happen Redmen.  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5457 on: February 10, 2019, 06:52:47 pm »
We dont need 11 wins from 12 because there is no way City are winning all their games.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5458 on: February 10, 2019, 07:02:32 pm »
But we don't know that yet. The time off between games previously and now coming up may make the difference in terms of tactical preparation and fitness come the final two months.

Let's hope you are right, but as it stands, it has meant fuck all and we have dropped 4 league points since going out of the FA Cup.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5459 on: February 10, 2019, 07:05:20 pm »
We dont need 11 wins from 12 because there is no way City are winning all their games.

As it stands, we need 11 and a draw to be certain. Until City drop points, we need to win all our games and draw 1.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5460 on: February 10, 2019, 07:06:47 pm »
It’s not exactly surprising this result for them today, Bournemouth beat them 4-0 a few weeks ago!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5461 on: February 10, 2019, 07:07:23 pm »

In December 2013 when playing away at Man City, we had a referee from Manchester and we lost due to absolutely diabolical officiating. I wouldn't bet a single penny on that not happening again.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5462 on: February 10, 2019, 07:08:48 pm »
They’re in with a sniff no doubt about it

They are not overhauling both us and City
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #5463 on: February 10, 2019, 07:09:00 pm »
In December 2013 when playing away at Man City, we had a referee from Manchester and we lost due to absolutely diabolical officiating. I wouldn't bet a single penny on that not happening again.
Change the December 2013 to January 2019 and your statement remains valid.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5464 on: February 10, 2019, 07:10:23 pm »
It is so difficult to predict how many wins we will need but you would assume at least 8/9.

Beating United would be huge.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline 4EverRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #5465 on: February 10, 2019, 07:10:44 pm »
With 12 games to go I think we’re gonna need 29-30 points to win it. We’ve picked up 29 in our last 12 games. We are more than capable of beating spurs and Chelsea at home with the trickier ties being The Mancs and Bitters away. Would probably take a draw at Old Trafford and take it from there !!! The nerves haven’t stopped all season but I think maybe just maybe we can do it this time. Jurgen has the right mentality to keep the players focused on the job at hand.

Home games
Watford
Burnley
Spurs
Chelsea
Huddersfield
Wolves

Away Games
Mancs
Bitters
Fulham
Southampton
Cardiff
Newcastle

Cities Games
Home 5 ( West Ham, Watford, Cardiff, Spurs Leicester )
Away 6 ( Bournemouth, Mancs, Fulham, Palace, Burnley Brighton)
City have dropped 13 points of their 16 away from home .....

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5466 on: February 10, 2019, 07:12:01 pm »
They’re in with a sniff no doubt about it

To be in with a sniff, they need to beat

Burnley A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H
Southampton A
Liverpool A
City A
Bournemouth A

Win all their other games, then hope that both City and us lose somewhere else. That simply is not happening.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5467 on: February 10, 2019, 07:12:37 pm »
It is so difficult to predict how many wins we will need but you would assume at least 8/9.

Beating United would be huge.

Beating United would send out a real statement and ending Solskaer's record would be one of the high points of a great season so far. We are due a win at Old Trafford as well.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #5468 on: February 10, 2019, 07:14:44 pm »
Lots of twists and turns left in this yet.  All this talk of winning 11 from 12 etc ..... nah, neither team will do that.  Especially with CL footy coming back in.

One thing IS for certain though .... this race is going down to the wire so anyone hoping for big points gaps can dream on.  Sealing the title with a couple of games to go ain't gonna happen.  It will be in the balance right till the 2nd half of our last game with Wolves.  So strap yourselves in tightly, stop pissing and moaning and get ready for the ride of your lives!

This race is going to be Sky and BT's ultimate wet dream!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 07:16:15 pm by Red_Rich »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5469 on: February 10, 2019, 07:15:47 pm »
Beating United would send out a real statement and ending Solskaer's record would be one of the high points of a great season so far. We are due a win at Old Trafford as well.

Just want us to go there and perform with a mindset to win.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5470 on: February 10, 2019, 07:16:27 pm »
Anyone know where we are going for the break?
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #5471 on: February 10, 2019, 07:17:04 pm »
Anyone know where we are going for the break?
Tenerife. We always perform well after coming back from hot weather breaks.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5472 on: February 10, 2019, 07:19:07 pm »
Tenerife. We always perform well after coming back from hot weather breaks.

Must have been fucking freezing in Dubai ;D

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5473 on: February 10, 2019, 07:20:43 pm »
Lots of twists and turns left in this yet.  All this talk of winning 11 from 12 etc ..... nah, neither team will do that.  Especially with CL footy coming back in.

One thing IS for certain though .... this race is going down to the wire so anyone hoping for big points gaps can dream on.  Sealing the title with a couple of games to go ain't gonna happen.  It will be in the balance right till the 2nd half of our last game with Wolves.  So strap yourselves in tightly, stop pissing and moaning and get ready for the ride of your lives!

This race is going to be Sky and BT's ultimate wet dream!

I agree with that.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #5474 on: February 10, 2019, 07:20:53 pm »
Just a reminder. No talk about X games from greatness please.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #5475 on: February 10, 2019, 07:22:22 pm »
This is the tough end of the season when we’ll have to grind out wins every game. It’s not going to be easy and we must be at the top of our game. Neither City nor Spurs are going to let us win without a fight.
#JFT97

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5476 on: February 10, 2019, 07:23:55 pm »
Think the aim has to be to get 95 points. So that's 9 wins and 3 draws. We have to hope City have 4 more dropped points in them which will have them finishing at 94. Pretty sure that will happen on their side, so it comes down to us doing our job and reaching 95.

Let's say we get 2 draws out of United, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs. Then the 3rd draw would be in one of those unexpected games against some average side.

Do our job and the rest hopefully takes care of itself.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5477 on: February 10, 2019, 07:25:17 pm »
Think the aim has to be to get 95 points. So that's 9 wins and 3 draws. We have to hope City have 4 more dropped points in them which will have them finishing at 94. Pretty sure that will happen on their side, so it comes down to us doing our job and reaching 95.

Let's say we get 2 draws out of United, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs. Then the 3rd draw would be in one of those unexpected games against some average side.

Do our job and the rest hopefully takes care of itself.

The aim is getting 3 points at Old Trafford. Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #5478 on: February 10, 2019, 07:29:22 pm »
This is the tough end of the season when we’ll have to grind out wins every game. It’s not going to be easy and we must be at the top of our game. Neither City nor Spurs are going to let us win without a fight.

After recent results, I'm just glad the fate is still in our hands. There's going to be Gerrard's penalty at Fulham moment as there always is, but I still will be a nervous wreck for the next 3 months. This is the nervous excitement I like.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5479 on: February 10, 2019, 07:30:09 pm »
The aim is getting 3 points at Old Trafford. Nothing more, nothing less.

This.