Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers.  (Read 34163 times)

Offline liverpoolfan1

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brendan Rodgers.
« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2012, 05:38:29 pm »
@ 2nd coming :lmao

Don't worry lads. The best way to find out who has the best midfield is to wait till Sunday. Hopefully 2nd coming will be here after the match to give us his opinion again.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Bill Shankly

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2012, 05:41:35 pm »
Shitting on him? Not exactly, just interested to see how he's getting on and how he's being received.

No your not, your making out he wasn't very good and your better off without him. Talk about being ungrateful.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2012, 05:42:02 pm »
Leon v Joe Allen - No contest - you'll see.

Michu v Gerrard - Well for all his legendary status in the game I'm sorry, it's Michu all the way for us.

Ki or De Guzman v Shelvey/Sahin/Henderson - Our 2 are functioning smoothly in a well drilled midfield, your boys are in and out and Rodgers doesn't know his best team yet.

Dyer v Sterling - Close call

Pablo H v Downing/Assaidi - Most football fans would choose the same

Good you have faith in your mentioned lads but its not a contest of 1v 1 and I'd take our midfield over yours any day of the week
Michu could be a one season wonder ? where Stevie has been doing it for years not to ignore Michu as he is a real threat going forward and especially coming into the space in the box to head in towards Reina but I've faith in Skrtel and Agger to stop him.
Add in the rest of both teams defence and strikers we are a better side and were just going to get better over the next 18 months

Best if luck but I see a 3-1 win for us but Swansea are a very real threat this weekend

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2012, 05:54:19 pm »
Pipsqueak club..won a few games...shouting the odds. Heard it all before mate...only your opinions seem to carry an extra hint of bitterness?...but as they say, inside every Welshman there's an Evertonian struggling to get out..

you can pack that in fella! Stupid comment about us Welsh ! :butt

As for this thread what a difference a game makes, lets note some of the names before the next draw.

As for Brendan 'Curates Egg' covers it,  i will get around to judging him at the end of the season not now! I do hope FSG support him better than they have so far.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:56:01 pm by geoffstrong »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline RedTriumph

• Anny Roader
  • Every man a king...
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2012, 05:55:48 pm »
Try relying on a 19 year old kid on £400 per week.
We have been.  For weeks, now (not sure on his wages, though).

By the way, if Michu proves himself able to deliver consistently he won't be staying with Swansea for all that long.

If people ignored him it wou;dn't. But that seems to be the way. Instead of ignoring someone they think is a 'troll' they bite. Which is of course just as bad.
When an utter meff is providing us with such good sport it's a shame to not make the most of the opportunity. ;D

Offline The 2econd Coming

• Copperopolis Tosser(opolis) with a case of the Mumbles
  • Main Stander
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »
You say Lucas shouldn't be included because he won't play. Well he has a decent chance of being in the squad and also you said Ki was back at home yet you used him in your argument.

Either way you lose because, Lucas > Britton & Allen > Britton. He is an excuse of a footballer, it's funny how since Rodgers left he has been found out for what he really is, and that is shite.

Not sure how you can compare Gerrard to Michu since they play in different positions. He is a top player, no doubt about it but let's compare Gerrard to Ki and De Guzman. He's better than all three players anyway.

Dyer is seven years older than Sterling yet we have the better player. Suso is better than Routledge aswell. Our two teenagers are better than your 24 and 27 year old players.

Hernandez is not better than Assaidi, I'd even argue Downing on form is a better player. Massively overrated, this is the guy who couldn't get a game for Valencia. Assaidi was wanted by Ajax (who outclassed Man City) and Downing had a few suitors aswell.

Conveniently missed out defenders aswell? Because yours are shite?

Johnson is better than Rangel, Skrtel is better than Chico who cannot defend, Agger is better than Williams who likes to hand goals to the opposition, Enrique is better than Taylor.

Jesus... Well, what's going wrong this season then?

I'd say the midfield battle will be intriguing and I'm going to back us to get on the ball more than you in the middle. Allen will have a point to prove, perhaps, but it will be the first time he'll have to deal with so much pressure and most in the crowd willing him to fall flat on his face. Leon, I'm going to predict will have the big game out of those 2 and put Joey in his place.

The fact Rodgers is tinkering with your formation and chopping and changing most weeks in midfield means he's not finding things going as smoothly as he'd have liked and as it did with Swansea for him. We were good for each other of course but he came to us and tried to take credit for all the hard work started by Martinez. He came with a begging bowl and stole a "philosophy".

Joe Allen wasn't on the ball half as much as usual v Wigan. A change of tactic maybe, skipping him out more?

Offline RedTriumph

• Anny Roader
  • Every man a king...
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2012, 06:10:45 pm »

I'd say the midfield battle will be intriguing and I'm going to back us to get on the ball more than you in the middle. Allen will have a point to prove, perhaps, but it will be the first time he'll have to deal with so much pressure and most in the crowd willing him to fall flat on his face. Leon, I'm going to predict will have the big game out of those 2 and put Joey in his place.

The fact Rodgers is tinkering with your formation and chopping and changing most weeks in midfield means he's not finding things going as smoothly as he'd have liked and as it did with Swansea for him. We were good for each other of course but he came to us and tried to take credit for all the hard work started by Martinez. He came with a begging bowl and stole a "philosophy".

Joe Allen wasn't on the ball half as much as usual v Wigan. A change of tactic maybe, skipping him out more?

Bloody hell, you're desperate for Allen to fail, aren't you?

Is Everton your second team, by any chance?  Not heard so much bitter shite in years.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2012, 06:11:46 pm »

One very bitter individual here.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2012, 06:15:35 pm »
He came with a begging bowl and stole a "philosophy".

So Swansea invented the way Rodgers wants us to play

FFS Kop on  :wave
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:19:27 pm by rocco »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2012, 06:17:28 pm »

:o

Bitter aren't you mate?

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2012, 06:21:17 pm »

If Leon Britton was better than Joe Allen, he'd be playing for us. End of. He's a decent cog in a good Swansea side (No problem, cheers Brendan I hear you say) but fact of the matter is that Joe Allen is a level above - Brendan knows it, Huw Jenkins knows it, we know it and secretly you also know it - hence the depth of your resentment.

Also worth noting that strictly speaking Allen and Britton function in different roles, so a more apt comparison would be Lucas vs Britton. Don't even try to argue that one! Allen has been played in an unfamiliar role in a side under transition with a huge weight of expectation - something I'm sure you'd agree isn't a factor at Swansea - and done very well in everyone's opinion except yours.

I like opposing fans who come on here and add decent conversation and debate, perhaps you should try it :)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2012, 06:22:05 pm »
One very bitter individual here.

why not ignore him?

makes me glad I am a North Walian though!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2012, 06:25:46 pm »
why not ignore him?

makes me glad I am a North Walian though!

a) I dont think he will be here long

b) These posts could make he look foolish come the end of the season , 12 games and he is making some firm conclusions.He sums up the short term thinking which seems to be the way in football these days.

Offline The 2econd Coming

• Copperopolis Tosser(opolis) with a case of the Mumbles
  • Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2012, 06:35:06 pm »
If Leon Britton was better than Joe Allen, he'd be playing for us. End of. He's a decent cog in a good Swansea side (No problem, cheers Brendan I hear you say) but fact of the matter is that Joe Allen is a level above - Brendan knows it, Huw Jenkins knows it, we know it and secretly you also know it - hence the depth of your resentment.

Also worth noting that strictly speaking Allen and Britton function in different roles, so a more apt comparison would be Lucas vs Britton. Don't even try to argue that one! Allen has been played in an unfamiliar role in a side under transition with a huge weight of expectation - something I'm sure you'd agree isn't a factor at Swansea - and done very well in everyone's opinion except yours.

I like opposing fans who come on here and add decent conversation and debate, perhaps you should try it :)

You're wrong on so many levels but just don't come looking for Laudrup when it all goes tits up ;-)

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2012, 06:41:51 pm »
You're wrong on so many levels but just don't come looking for Laudrup when it all goes tits up ;-)

Remind us all again how many times you've finished higher than us recently? (well ever)

Yeah didn't think so, one swallow doesn't make a summer... we're coming into form, and after the game i'm sure you'll never to be seen again.

*yawn*
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2012, 06:43:12 pm »

Well we would be in 8th if the Suarez goal vs Everton wasn't wrongly disallowed. I'm not saying we're perfect, and we aren't, but Liverpool are better than Swansea and most definitely are on paper. Our performances have been better than the table suggests.

Rodgers is tinkering with our formation because he has more options at his disposal than he did at Swansea and also is showing flexibility, something the best managers do. Also, maybe it isn't as going as smoothly as he would have liked but he's just come to a new club, has brought new players in, moving a lot of players out. The system is completely different to what the squad was used to under Rafa, Hodgson or Kenny.

The midfield battle will be interesting because Gerrard and Allen will have played 90 minutes against Young Boys whilst your boys will be fresh. Would like to see Henderson play for his energy and workrate in the middle. Sahin was Dortmund's best player when he was there, to choose Ki over him is again stupid.

That last comment proves you are a wum. Disgraceful comment. Joe Allen wasn't on the ball as much because Wigan quite rightly see him as a threat (Martinez said he reminded him of Pep Guardiola, if that's not a compliment then I don't know what is), and therefore marked him out of the game for that reason. He has drifted off slightly in the past few games but for the first month he was absolutely brilliant.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:44:54 pm by Thog »

royhendo

« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2012, 06:48:00 pm »
Ok then. Not much chat about Rodgers really. Meanwhile, nice night out. Wrap up warm!