Author Topic: FAO Liverpool Fans...  (Read 5918 times)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: FAO Liverpool Fans...
« Reply #40 on: April 2, 2011, 10:41:00 pm »
Christ, there's some complete whoppers in here these days.
These days?  You've always been here Paul.   :wave

There is zero need for this thread and that's a fact.  We all know there is a reactionary element to our support, especially on the internet, so creating this shit after a spineless performance against West Brom is hardly compulsory!
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 2, 2011, 10:41:35 pm »
I don't really know what you expect, Pheeny. The performance was horrendous from the players.

So that's a license for people to act like c*nts is it?

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 2, 2011, 10:42:17 pm »
it's not just about today though is it?

What sort of stuff are you taking issue with, criticism of Kenny?

And by the way I've been away from RAWK since six o clock, so I don't know exactly what people have been saying.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 2, 2011, 10:42:23 pm »
What the fuck is "whooosh"? Did you fart or something?

I think it's another way of saying that you got snookered.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #44 on: April 2, 2011, 10:42:38 pm »
I don't really know what you expect, Pheeny. The performance was horrendous from the players.

Soto thread locked because of the abuse he's getting, even though he's actually been great most of the season when he has played.
Carroll thread people writing him off already.
Lucas, after getting decent reviews of late, one bad game later, sell him, he's shite etc etc.

Yes, it was a shit performance, not sure people are saying it wasn't. It's the unbelievably over the top, abuse, rash judgements and calling our own players c*nts for giving a pen away that I'm sure is the reason for this thread.

Support long since gone to the dogs. Most in here don't know the meaning of the word. And it's not about blindly following the side. They WERE shit today, but just because we were shit doesn't mean come in here and write 22 year old signings off after two games.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45 on: April 2, 2011, 10:43:08 pm »

;D

I would hope not, Moldy.  I haven't exactly been abusive.   :)
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #46 on: April 2, 2011, 10:43:18 pm »
These days?  You've always been here Paul.   :wave

Yes. I'm a whopper. The very definition of the word I am.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 2, 2011, 10:45:46 pm »
Soto thread locked because of the abuse he's getting, even though he's actually been great most of the season when he has played.
Lucas, after getting decent reviews of late, one bad game later, sell him, he's shite etc etc.

Yes, it was a shit performance, not sure people are saying it wasn't. It's the unbelievably over the top, abuse, rash judgements and calling our own players c*nts for giving a pen away that I'm sure is the reason for this thread.

Support long since gone to the dogs. Most in here don't know the meaning of the word. And it's not about blindly following the side. They WERE shit today, but just because we were shit doesn't mean come in here and write 22 year old signings off after two games.

The Soto thread got locked twice tonight, I locked it earlier then reopened it when I thought it might have calmed down, but lets be honest, whilst I appreciate the frustration we all feel, Pheeny's point and Paul's too is that we don't know the difference between criticism and being a c*nt to our team. And that's fucking bad.
Yep.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #48 on: April 2, 2011, 10:45:57 pm »
Yes. I'm a whopper. The very definition of the word I am.
Don't take it personal mate.  I'm a long way from the reactionary twats you're rightly describing.  But I don't take kindly to being labelled a Whopper either.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: April 2, 2011, 10:46:42 pm »
One of the reasons I've stopped posting in this main board, take a look at the after match thread. Embarrassing.
Support has and is going to the dogs. Far too many lightweights willing to slaughter the side after one defeat, forgetting what the club has gone through over the last 6 months.

The whole fan base has changed. It's a massive shame. (if that's what this thread is about?)
 :(

Would agree with you re posters in RAWK forum, but not 'fanbase'.  This is one forum of quite a few, prob the biggest in terms of members like, but there are a few others which are quite popular.  But even all the forums combined are not necessarily representative of the 'fanbase'.  Most aren't on forums, inc those that go to games.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 2, 2011, 10:47:10 pm »
The Soto thread got locked twice tonight, I locked it earlier then reopened it when I thought it might have calmed down, but lets be honest, whilst I appreciate the frustration we all feel, Pheeny's point and Paul's too is that we don't know the difference between criticism and being a c*nt to our team. And that's fucking bad.

Ah. Okay.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #51 on: April 2, 2011, 10:48:27 pm »
Don't take it personal mate.  I'm a long way from the reactionary twats you're rightly describing.  But I don't take kindly to being labelled a Whopper either.

Fair enough. Whopper withdrawn. I don't agree with you though on the rest, but everyone is different I suppose.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #52 on: April 2, 2011, 10:48:57 pm »
Cant stand some of the crying fickle supporters meself,but these places are for hearing your views ,good and bad,otherwise whats the point of the after match discusion.

Time, place and context.

Sure its okay to 'vent' but it's also ok to stand by the club, support the club, follow the club through difficult times.   

When we lose a game the boards are flooded with types that only come out to post because we've lost.

I'm not accusing you, but  we all get a bit 'punchy' when the a torrent of fans come on to say how shite we are, continually, by there fkin thousands, after a loss, all the fkin time.

If the first time your read RAWK was tonight you would laugh at how shite our support is.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 2, 2011, 10:50:53 pm »
To many people take comfort behind the fact that they can come onto the internet and slag a lot of the team off after a performance, many who do it wouldn't dare do it at the match, especially not next to some of the auld fellas who have been through it all with the club as they know they'd get a bollocking.

Sure, abuse the players, but do it constructively and create a discussion instead of the usual "He's shite, not worth it, fuck him off" bollocks that many spout after a poor performance.

Offline Roslagen

• Legacy Fan
  • What I write is conspiracy nonsense
« Reply #54 on: April 2, 2011, 10:51:18 pm »
I've been knee-jerk at times, I admit. But not today, good boy :)

Else, we all hate Hodgson to our guts and I can't describe how much he nauseates me. Just to see him happy... ya know.
Mourinho to Spurs when Redknapp leaves, was a discussion I had with a friend in the pub last night. Possible.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #55 on: April 2, 2011, 10:51:44 pm »
One of the reasons I've stopped posting in this main board, take a look at the after match thread. Embarrassing.
Support has and is going to the dogs. Far too many lightweights willing to slaughter the side after one defeat, forgetting what the club has gone through over the last 6 months.

The whole fan base has changed. It's a massive shame. (if that's what this thread is about?)
 :(

i have to agee with this...some fans should think for a fucking second...two VERY important players getting injured in the first half,you cant blame anyone for that

"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #56 on: April 2, 2011, 10:51:47 pm »
Pheeny's point and Paul's too is that we don't know the difference between criticism and being a c*nt to our team. And that's fucking bad.

Spot on Hinesy. There are a fair few who think calling Soto a 'c*nt' (someone did today) is acceptable criticism. Aside from the abuse, the 'final assessments' made on players like Carroll after just two games, again, ridiculous. What chance have some of our players got of making a career here when they have their own fans writing them off already just because they had a quiet game?

It's all or nothing with the fans on here at times. One bad game and it's 'he'll NEVER be good enough'. Where has constructive criticism gone? Why has it been replaced by mindless reactionary bollocks from a fair few? Then again, it's not new to this season.

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 2, 2011, 10:52:45 pm »
No reason not to be happy about how things have unfolded and how the future looks. Today's game was a minor scratch in our road to glory. People need to start looking at the bigger picture. If things had gone the other way, we could've been a regulation candidate in May, or even have lost a club to support. We are learning the true meaning of YNWA and we'll get to that golden sky sooner than we think. We must never stop supporting, hoping and believing. As in every aspect of life.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #58 on: April 2, 2011, 10:53:44 pm »
The irony is if any of those throwing the shitty insults at Soto had met him face to face they'd shite themselves before coming out with comments like that.

One of my values is that I won't say anything about anybody I'm not prepared to say to their face.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Roslagen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 2, 2011, 10:54:53 pm »
The irony is if any of those throwing the shitty insults at Soto had met him face to face they'd shite themselves before coming out with comments like that.

One of my values is that I won't say anything about anybody I'm not prepared to say to their face.

That value does not apply to Manc players, fans and staff. Cheers ;)
Mourinho to Spurs when Redknapp leaves, was a discussion I had with a friend in the pub last night. Possible.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 2, 2011, 10:55:53 pm »
That value does not apply to Manc players, fans and staff. Cheers ;)

Why?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #61 on: April 2, 2011, 10:56:37 pm »
What I find sad is the amount of times you see the same old faces in a particular player thread after a defeat or bad performance. Its like they cant wait to shout "See I was right, he's shite him, today proved it" some revel in that kind of rubbish and its depressing to see posters almost take as much joy in defeat as they do in victory, as long as it fuels their particular pecadillo. Even if that player was in no way responsible for the draw/loss he will be crowbarred in to all criticism by those that see him as the devil, occasionally happens when we win too. Saddening

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 2, 2011, 10:56:47 pm »

Exactly what I've been saying all season about Kuyt, Poulsen and Ngog. When did we start abusing our own players?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63 on: April 2, 2011, 10:57:06 pm »
When you consider where we were in October, losing at home to Blackpool and sweating on the very future of the club re G&H, then within a fairly short period we've come on leaps and bounds in terms of having hope for the future since the new year, with Kenny in charge and two big money signings in Carroll and Suarez.  Plus when you analyze points gained since Hodg went then it's a fair assumption that if Ken had been in charge all season the least we'd be looking forward to is being tucked in among the top 4.

The time to judge Kenny and 'his' team will be this time next year.  Currently he's trying to make the best of what he'd been left with.  A demoralised team and a poor squad.  And he's done OK so far.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #64 on: April 2, 2011, 10:57:13 pm »
When all is said and done, we are 6th in the table, after three managers (one of whom put us in the relegation zone) in 10 months, a full takeover, and being close to going into administration.
What were or are people expecting of this side?

I'm amazed we are where we are. I screamed on here to get back to talk about the football when the new owners came in. But I didn't expect mindless abuse to still go on. Constructive criticism yes, not the stuff today. Problem is, we sign two players without actually spending any money, and everyone thinks we'll win the title again next season. Ridiculous expectations lead to ridiculous abuse.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #65 on: April 2, 2011, 10:58:22 pm »
Fair enough. Whopper withdrawn.
Good lad.  Now hopefully we can unite behind getting Kenny out!!!!!1    ;)

We'll have many ups and downs before things are polished up and ready for our museum, today was a shit day, nothing more nothing less.  :-X

Offline Roslagen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 2, 2011, 10:59:45 pm »
Why?

Because they are representing THAT club. End of ;)

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 2, 2011, 11:01:31 pm »
Because they are representing THAT club. End of ;)

So your saying you're two faced?

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 2, 2011, 11:03:47 pm »
Most of us are missing the whole point, and this is heading for infighting as usual.
Yep.