Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2491741 times)

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!
« on: July 5, 2020, 07:15:36 pm »
Quality player isn't he? Been very underrated over the years.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 03:28:45 pm by royhendo »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Thiago Alacantra
« Reply #1 on: July 5, 2020, 07:16:36 pm »
Alacantra or Alcantara? :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Thiago Alacantra
« Reply #2 on: July 5, 2020, 07:17:12 pm »
Top, top player. Will do wonders for his new team.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3 on: July 5, 2020, 08:01:41 pm »
Top, top player. Will do wonders for his new team.

What team will that be, SamMac Red?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 5, 2020, 08:02:44 pm »
All Spanish players have overated buy out clauses, just like Phil Jones, Wickam and Henderson.
Picked out this gem from the first page  ;D

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 5, 2020, 08:12:28 pm »
Klopp laughing off a question from Joyce about our supposed interest in Thiago, still no denial from our usual killjoy journos :)
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 5, 2020, 08:20:33 pm »
Always thought he was a top player.  Perhaps he's still got a few more years to offer at the highest level.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7 on: July 5, 2020, 08:24:03 pm »
Announce Alcântara

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 5, 2020, 08:25:01 pm »
We are going to sign him. Tepid’s streak has been a good one but it’s over.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 5, 2020, 08:25:44 pm »
Klopp laughing off a question from Joyce about our supposed interest in Thiago, still no denial from our usual killjoy journos :)
What was said?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 5, 2020, 08:26:04 pm »
 :champ
Announce Alcântara
:champ

What was said?

The Times‘ Paul Joyce asked the question to Klopp directly to close out his post-Aston Villa press conference on Sunday, and while he would not confirm a move is in the works, he admitted he is an admirer of the 29-year-old.
“Would you be surprised if I don’t give an answer to that? Just I never answer these kinds of questions,” he explained.

“Thiago Alcantara is a really good player. Like a lot of others out there, I like him a lot.

“But that’s all I have to say about that.”
« Last Edit: July 5, 2020, 08:27:44 pm by rawcusk8 »
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 5, 2020, 08:27:30 pm »
Both Joyce and Jimbo Pearce have followed him on twitter today.  ;D

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 5, 2020, 08:31:23 pm »
Definitely feels like something is in the air, whether it's nailed on behind the scenes or just something we are exploring who knows though. Defo a little strange Joyce and co following him, think they did similar with Alisson and don't think they'd bother doing this to wind people up.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 5, 2020, 08:33:54 pm »
If we sign him then Samie deserves massive credit for first bringing to our attention via a shite source then persisting with his point and even going as far as stalking Joyce and Pearce on twitter. Well done Samie lad :)

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 5, 2020, 08:45:18 pm »
One of my favourite players wouldn’t mind him in our side, he is technically a level above most of the midfielders around and his defensive qualities doesn’t get talked about too much but he is solid all round.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15 on: July 5, 2020, 08:46:31 pm »
Why is he named after a car seat covering?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 5, 2020, 08:48:36 pm »
One of my favourite players wouldn’t mind him in our side, he is technically a level above most of the midfielders around and his defensive qualities doesn’t get talked about too much but he is solid all round.

Ditto. He was the last player I ever got on the back of football shirt, think I was 16 at the time. Think it was also on offer at the time.  ;D

Time to reclaim winning the transfer window trophy from Everton and United if we get him ha. We don't often sign World Class talent, we tend to make them.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #17 on: July 5, 2020, 08:48:57 pm »
Well Jürgen had the perfect opportunity to shut this rumour down didn't he?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 5, 2020, 08:49:06 pm »
Read that Keïta played well today so again questions why would sign another midfielder.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 5, 2020, 08:50:50 pm »
Well Jürgen had the perfect opportunity to shut this rumour down didn't he?

He is always non committal to transfers. Sometimes in transfer windows when there is a day or two left and the world and his dog know that we are not signing anyone he still doesn’t say that is the case.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: July 5, 2020, 08:52:10 pm »
Read that Keïta played well today so again questions why would sign another midfielder.

Our midfield options will be ridiculous if we get him.  :D

Fabinho, Keita, Henderson, Milner, Gini, Jones and Thiago.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #21 on: July 5, 2020, 08:53:03 pm »
He is always non committal to transfers. Sometimes in transfer windows when there is a day or two left and the world and his dog know that we are not signing anyone he still doesn’t say that is the case.

He normally shuts them down, which he didn't do here.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 5, 2020, 08:54:32 pm »

Not sure. He generally doesn’t commit either way. We will see I guess.

Squad wise it would seem an odd signing but I have read that he loves him so if anyone deserves a nice shiny new toy regardless of the need then it’s Kloppo.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 5, 2020, 10:15:09 pm »

I don't think I'd be worried about Keita leaving if we signed Thiago. My thoughts would be on Milner potentially wanting to go back to Premier League bound Leeds, and whether this Gini contract situation is going to get sorted.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 5, 2020, 10:16:58 pm »
I don't think I'd be worried about Keita leaving if we signed Thiago. My thoughts would be on Milner potentially wanting to go back to Premier League bound Leeds, and whether this Gini contract situation is going to get sorted.

Milner has said he’s not going back to Leeds, he only signed a new contract at Christmas.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 5, 2020, 10:18:36 pm »
Milner has said he’s not going back to Leeds, he only signed a new contract at Christmas.

Well that's good news then, I certainly wouldn't mind getting another year or two out of the old man of the squad.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 5, 2020, 10:21:26 pm »
I'm a Leather man myself. Can take a bit more abuse. Doesn't wear down as quickly.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 5, 2020, 10:24:00 pm »
I think they call that S&M mate.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 5, 2020, 10:45:04 pm »
Thiago's marketing/press guy has started following Peter Moore on twitter  :D

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29 on: July 5, 2020, 10:55:39 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Bcky-NNU5X0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Bcky-NNU5X0</a>

So good at beating the press will be amazing for his new team... ;D

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #30 on: July 5, 2020, 11:16:03 pm »
Signing 29 year Thiago for 30m would be so bizarre when we decided against signing 24 year old Werner for 50. Certainly not consistent with the idea that we're needing to refresh the squad.

But let's see how it plays out. He's a good player anyway.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 5, 2020, 11:24:29 pm »
I think they call that S&M mate.
They? 

*notes the first three letters in Samie's name*  :roger
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 5, 2020, 11:35:10 pm »
He doesn’t do it all the time but he has nipped a few of the more unlikely ones in the bud.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 5, 2020, 11:36:52 pm »
Don’t believe his coming here, but why would his agent follow Peter Moore? :o

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 5, 2020, 11:45:20 pm »
Barca had the ready made Xavi replacement and still let him go.

Criminal from Barcelona.

Seems to be snowballing this story.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #36 on: July 5, 2020, 11:48:51 pm »
I'm all for us bringing him in, if only because I think our forwards deserve a few seasons of having the odd goal put on a plate for them rather than busting a gut for each chance.

Can he also play in the Fernandes™ position?

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #37 on: July 5, 2020, 11:48:57 pm »
Doesn’t seem to fit with the profile of player we’ve signed in recent times, so seems unlikely to me. On the other hand if the likes of Joyce etc who usually shut these things down are the ones asking questions then who knows.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 6, 2020, 12:05:19 am »
Doesn’t seem to fit with the profile of player we’ve signed in recent times, so seems unlikely to me. On the other hand if the likes of Joyce etc who usually shut these things down are the ones asking questions then who knows.

I'd be surprised if we strengthened in MF before strengthening upfront or at left back but if a player of his quality is available cheaply you go for it. As others have said Milner will presumably be off back to Leeds for a final swansong.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 6, 2020, 12:12:36 am »
If Klopp thinks he'll improve the team dramatically, he'll want him in. The rumored fee seems reasonable enough. He's not too old.

It's the wages -- is he asking for 300k/wk? That would kill the deal. Just like Werner. Or will Alcântara be more reasonable, something more in line with our current top players? What is he making per week now - anyone with a solid source on that?
― Christine Szymanski