Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1054692 times)

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Bundesliga 2015/16
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2015, 10:47:46 am »
So Son is officially gone (thank god)...

Why? Hearing only good stuff about him, would love to hear your opinion since you've probably seen more of him than any of us...

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2015, 11:18:23 am »
Why? Hearing only good stuff about him, would love to hear your opinion since you've probably seen more of him than any of us...

Well you have to say that he is a pretty quick player with enough shooting power but depending on the system this is not enough....
For Leverkusen he mostly played as a winger, which demands a lot of defensive work too - especially with the high pressing Leverkusen does.

Last season he scored 11 goals in 30 games which isn't that bad but only assisted three last season (and 7 in all his time in Leverkusen).
I and a lot of others were not happy with his understanding of the game, selfishness and his defending. It often appeared that he just jogged back and didn't really get into tackles and such.
Always got the impression he just wants to score himself than setting someone up or doing the dirty work.

Many Leverkusen fans were surprised that he was still in the starting eleven and it was suggested that it had something to do with the shirt sponsor being LG and from South Korea too (pinch of salt but who knows)

Anyways in the right system or playing as the second striker or behind the striker might be good for him but I have to say that I have seen very little that suggests that he will succeed in the PL but you never know... But my guess would be he would rather become a Kagawa than a hit..(might have jinxed it now)

I think that 30m is definitely too much but maybe under Porchettino he will adapt to the PL and will improve his abilities..

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2015, 11:30:20 am »
Found this about Son from a poster over at Reddit:

Leverkusen season ticket holder here. Got ambivalent feelings about this. First of all, as mentioned by many in this thread, KStA is a source to take rather serious, they don't spread silly rumours. Additionally, Son was playing bad and missed the game against Hannover this Weekend due to a cold or something, make of that what you want. He's the kind of player that needs to be sent into space. He's got all the pace you could wish for and is absolutely fantastic at finishing at full speed, under pressing, 100% both footed, whatever you need. He consistently scores some amazing and important goals for us, which is why I'm very sceptical about him leaving. Brandt still has a long way to go in terms of consistency.

Mehmedi looked good so far, but had some shaky finishing, which we have a big problem with anyways for two seasons now. I feel bad about letting a player go that just manages to get us goals. Additionally, if he goes, so does LG, our main sponsor. He's unbelievably popular in Korea, every single game you see dozens of koreans coming round and watching him. A word about why this isn't the end of the world though: While amazing at some things, he's utterly shit at other aspects of his game. Don't expect him to create many chances, he's absolutely not well versed as a playmaker and his decision making is shit, absolute shit.

He hasn't really gotten any better at it in his time with us too, you still regularly see him running into three opposition players without really having the skill and/or creativity to beat them. Very frustrating. Also, as mentioned by others, he tends to play bad against bullying teams, which could really be a problem for him on a cold, rainy night in Stoke or however it goes.
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2015, 11:33:35 am »
Well you have to say that he is a pretty quick player with enough shooting power but depending on the system this is not enough....
For Leverkusen he mostly played as a winger, which demands a lot of defensive work too - especially with the high pressing Leverkusen does.

Last season he scored 11 goals in 30 games which isn't that bad but only assisted three last season (and 7 in all his time in Leverkusen).
I and a lot of others were not happy with his understanding of the game, selfishness and his defending. It often appeared that he just jogged back and didn't really get into tackles and such.
Always got the impression he just wants to score himself than setting someone up or doing the dirty work.

Many Leverkusen fans were surprised that he was still in the starting eleven and it was suggested that it had something to do with the shirt sponsor being LG and from South Korea too (pinch of salt but who knows)

Anyways in the right system or playing as the second striker or behind the striker might be good for him but I have to say that I have seen very little that suggests that he will succeed in the PL but you never know... But my guess would be he would rather become a Kagawa than a hit..(might have jinxed it now)

I think that 30m is definitely too much but maybe under Porchettino he will adapt to the PL and will improve his abilities..

Thanks, will be interesting to see how he adapts to the PL...

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2015, 02:23:58 pm »

This was one of the things I saw HSV supporters warning about his style years ago. I know it's cliche, but I'm not sure he is physically strong enough for EPL yet. I thought he was getting pushed off the ball pretty easy at times last season. Maybe in a year or two. 30m is a steal and Kampl fits in Schmidt's system. Also at 18 (turned 19 at the end of the season), Brandt is already averaging more goals and assists per 90 mins in the Bundesliga than Son has during his entire Bundesliga career to this point. Good business by Völler.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2015, 03:05:37 pm »
Yea, De Bruyne contributed to 43% of Wolfsburg's goals last season in the the Bundesliga.
They're also rumoured to be getting rid of Perisic, which seems a very strange move if they're losing De Bruyne as well.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2015, 03:18:46 pm »
They're also rumoured to be getting rid of Perisic, which seems a very strange move if they're losing De Bruyne as well.

Apparently they get 18m for Perisic... which I think is a very good amount of money...

Although Wolfsburg don't necessarily need that money to do business (thanks to VW) - they really got a ton of money... But for them its kind of difficult to get a replacement in the next few days but it will be interesting who they'll be buying

Hojbjerg goes on loan to Schalke... didn't expect that - they just bought Geis and have Goretzka...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:20:18 pm by Bjinxi »

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2015, 08:47:05 pm »
Is de bruyne gone?

Not in the squad

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2015, 08:48:02 pm »
Don't seem to be missing him too much anyways 3-0 up.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2015, 08:52:19 pm »
Don't seem to be missing him too much anyways 3-0 up.

Schalke aren't offering much.

Third goal was a great finish.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2015, 03:54:53 pm »
Muto with a brace today for Mainz.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2015, 05:27:51 pm »
I need this Bayern/Leverkusen match as a palate cleanser after today's match. Hopefully it's decent.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2015, 06:15:02 pm »
Really impressed with Douglas Costa, looks like a proper winger him.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2015, 06:38:38 pm »
At the moment, there isnt a player in Europe more exciting than Costa. So direct.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2015, 06:46:44 pm »
Making runs right, left and center, they cannot not find him it seems...

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2015, 06:46:59 pm »
At the moment, there isnt a player in Europe more exciting than Costa. So direct.
Mkhitaryan is giving him a good run for his money but, yes, Costa has been a pleasure to watch so far.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2015, 12:16:58 pm »
Mkhitaryan is giving him a good run for his money but, yes, Costa has been a pleasure to watch so far.

Costa has been a beast. Basically has created 6 goals for Bayern so far.

Mkhitaryan will also have a very good season under Tuchel.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2015, 12:22:33 pm »
So glad that Chelsea seemed to prefer Cuadrado to him, he was begging them to sign him in January.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2015, 12:28:20 pm »

I'd wager David Silva is performing as well as any attacking player in Europe right now but yes Costa has been a beast for Bayern, what an astute signing.

And possibly De Bruyne in next season. Sickening.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2015, 03:41:52 pm »
Dortmund are leading Hertha Berlin 2-0, Hummels and Aubameyang. 29 goals already this season for Dortmund

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2015, 03:49:06 pm »
32 goals in 55 league starts for him in Dortmund..the goal was beautifully worked. Nice to see Dortmund have fun again.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2015, 03:51:43 pm »
Dortmund are leading Hertha Berlin 2-0, Hummels and Aubameyang. 29 goals already this season for Dortmund
As somebody who has no clue about German footall, how are Dortmund doing so well this season against last year with Klopp?
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2015, 03:53:25 pm »

And possibly De Bruyne in next season. Sickening.

Erm he's off to City.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2015, 03:55:45 pm »
As somebody who has no clue about German footall, how are Dortmund doing so well this season against last year with Klopp?

Not entirely sure myself as this is the only game I've seen them. I think it might have something to do with the contrasting styles between Klopp and Tuchel, the commentator mentioned earlier that they're running on average 8km less per game and they're playing a more possession based system. He seems to have really energised some of the players and they've described his training methods as revolutionary.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2015, 03:59:46 pm »
Lots of stats guys had them being really unlucky with their finishing last season, like worse than us in 11/12.

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2015, 04:04:53 pm »
Lots of stats guys had them being really unlucky with their finishing last season, like worse than us in 11/12.
So they were playing well just not finishing?

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2015, 04:11:48 pm »
Hertha have just pulled a goal back against the run of play, after Dortmund missed some very good chances. Kagawa has set up both their goals - another player completely transformed from last season.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2015, 04:13:54 pm »
Pretty much if you believe Expected Goals and that sort of thing. Obviously that's still a basic way of looking at it though and I'm sure there was other issues going on for it to get so bad they were bottom at one stage.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2015, 04:15:16 pm »
Lots of injuries there whole defence was cat Hummel's looked half the player he once was and they seemed to be feeling the effects of pressing insanely the seasons prior to it.

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2015, 04:17:25 pm »
Cheers for the replies lads.

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2015, 04:22:30 pm »
3-1 Ramos finishes it..

Really enjoyed watching Dortmund today, some brilliant fast attacking football.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2015, 04:28:55 pm »
Early times but BVB are really impressing me a lot.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2015, 08:47:43 pm »
Gladbach are in serious trouble. They've been awful so far.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2015, 12:13:55 am »
Looks like Javier Hernandez is off to Leverkusen.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2015, 12:28:26 am »
Looks like Javier Hernandez is off to Leverkusen.

Interesting move.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2015, 02:21:43 am »
What's Leverkusen's financial situation? They seem to do well selling players, but barely ever spend much despite being semi-regulars in the Champions League. You'd think they'd be in a prime position to try and catch Bayern during a bad season.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2015, 04:17:20 am »
What's Leverkusen's financial situation? They seem to do well selling players, but barely ever spend much despite being semi-regulars in the Champions League. You'd think they'd be in a prime position to try and catch Bayern during a bad season.
In terms of big spending, they are usually close to the top of the league. They don't have a very large supporter base, have a small venue, and are competing with a lot of other clubs in the Rhine-Ruhr (Dortmund, Gladbach, Schalke, Köln). Those teams almost have double the total attendance, even triple in Dortmund's case. It also probably hurts in merchandise revenue, especially compared to a club like Bayern that have their merchandise account for roughly 20% of there huge total.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2015, 08:31:07 am »
Some things never change. Like Dortmund being incredibly wasteful in front of goal. Yesterday's game should have been out of sight far too earlier. Miki missing on an empty net.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2015, 08:39:22 am »
Gladbach are in serious trouble. They've been awful so far.
Indeed. You'd expect the loss of Kruse and Kramer to affect them, but not to this extent. Can't help but worry that the same thing will happen to Wolfsburg. Hopefully not.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2015, 08:45:31 am »
Some things never change. Like Dortmund being incredibly wasteful in front of goal. Yesterday's game should have been out of sight far too earlier. Miki missing on an empty net.

Kagawa and Miki missed open nets. Should have won 6-1, but 3-1 is enough for top of the table!

Indeed. You'd expect the loss of Kruse and Kramer to affect them, but not to this extent. Can't help but worry that the same thing will happen to Wolfsburg. Hopefully not.

They still have a lot of quality in their team. They have a transitional season this time around because every season they sell their best players and get some young replacements. I think Favre will turn this around quite fast.

Wolfsburg are probably going to raid some other team in the league before the window closes now (Schalke, Julian Draxler?). I think they will finish in the CL places comfortably.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.