Author Topic: FIFA Investigated by FBI  (Read 230698 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FIFA Investigated by FBI
« Reply #2440 on: November 3, 2018, 12:01:48 am »
They'd also market it to the fans who don't live local, eg European Liverpool fans.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2441 on: November 3, 2018, 12:04:54 am »
They'd also market it to the fans who don't live local, eg European Liverpool fans.
id say more Chinese and American Liverpool fans who will get an international series game

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2442 on: November 3, 2018, 12:31:12 am »
Strange thing to consider, but say they made this decision any time from 2010-2013. Would we still make the cut?

The history of the club would still be there of course, but you're talking about a team who didn't even really challenge for a top four spot. Spurs right now are in a better place than we were during those years, and they have seemingly been excluded from this. We're a different entity under Klopp now, so it's irrelevant, but I don't think we would have been involved back then.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2443 on: November 3, 2018, 12:32:58 am »
A super league happening is the end of the game for me.
No one cares about you, or me for that matter. Their wet dream are casual fans who attend the matches to be entertained, have a meal and shop in the fan store. Real fans are a pain in the ass, making demands and trying to live in the past when football was a real sport

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2444 on: November 3, 2018, 01:04:35 am »
Strange thing to consider, but say they made this decision any time from 2010-2013. Would we still make the cut?

The history of the club would still be there of course, but you're talking about a team who didn't even really challenge for a top four spot. Spurs right now are in a better place than we were during those years, and they have seemingly been excluded from this. We're a different entity under Klopp now, so it's irrelevant, but I don't think we would have been involved back then.

Err we're named in the documents? If this happens I'm done. Can easily see it going ahead, I just pray we can win the league before it happens so I can leave happily.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2445 on: November 3, 2018, 10:21:43 am »
Amazing consistency.

Romanian club: Owe over €5 million? Here, we'll throw the book at you, kick you from European competitions and hand out fines.
Man City & PSG: Financially dope through dodgy sponsorship deals? Uh, we'll just sweep that under the rug.

And even now, it's been completely overshadowed by the whole super league thing. (My view on that is that talks like this have been going on since the late 80s at least - it was a similar proposal that led uefa to change the European Cup format into the Champions League, and it is more likely to lead to further changes to that than any closed shop league or teams abandoning the domestic competitions which are still their bread and butter.)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2446 on: November 23, 2018, 07:21:29 pm »

'FIFA's Foot-Dragging in an Investigation in Russia'...

Lawyer Richard McLaren was initially supposed to investigate widespread doping allegations in Russian football ahead of the 2018 World Cup. But he was prevented from doing so by a top FIFA official.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/football-leaks-fifa-anti-doping-foot-dragging-a-1240037.html
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2447 on: June 5, 2019, 11:21:23 am »
Infantino has been reelected, unopposed of course. Declared that there is no longer corruption in FIFA. The FIFA Club World Cup will be held in....Qatar.

He must have done an amazing job. Imagine clearing FIFA of corruption in only 3 1/2 years!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2448 on: June 5, 2019, 11:38:41 am »
Infantino has been reelected, unopposed of course. Declared that there is no longer corruption in FIFA. The FIFA Club World Cup will be held in....Qatar.

He must have done an amazing job. Imagine clearing FIFA of corruption in only 3 1/2 years!

Next project for him must be the Catholic Church.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2449 on: June 5, 2019, 11:40:26 am »

Absolutely sickening that they can go through all that coverage of the sheer amount of corruption going on within FIFA, and seemingly nothing has really been done to reform them and the same shite is still going on.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: June 6, 2019, 03:55:13 pm »
One day later...
Fifa has confirmed that the Confederation of African Football President Ahmad is being questioned by authorities in France.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #2451 on: June 18, 2019, 09:33:09 am »
Platini has been arrested over Qatar being awarded the WC
Believer

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #2452 on: June 22, 2019, 12:01:43 pm »
Whatever happened to that FBI investigation? Was it ever completed?

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #2453 on: July 4, 2019, 08:01:13 pm »
Sepp Blatter: Former Fifa president takes legal action over missing watches and 'moral damage' :lmao

Former Fifa president Sepp Blatter has begun legal proceedings against football's world governing body for "moral damage" and to reclaim around 60 of his watches he says are still in its possession.

Blatter's 17-year spell in charge of Fifa ended amid a corruption scandal in 2015 and he is serving a six-year ban from football.

He was found to have made a £1.3m "disloyal payment" to former Uefa boss Michel Platini. Both deny any wrongdoing.

Blatter, who is now 83, alleges that false information was spread in relation to money received by him after the 2014 World Cup.

Fifa said Blatter's views should be seen "against the background of his own conduct in office over a period of decades".

Blatter also said he is willing to speak to French anti-corruption investigators over the awarding of the 2022 World Cup hosting rights to Qatar.

Officials have been looking into alleged corruption connected to the shock result from the vote in 2010 for the past two years.

Last month they questioned Platini after he was taken into custody in Paris.

And now the disgraced Blatter - who was initially interviewed by the French authorities in 2017 - has told the BBC he is "at their disposal".

"I am prepared to help to clarify all these situations" he said.

"I heard that they would like to speak with me."

In a wide-ranging interview with BBC Sport in Zurich, Blatter also said;

A four-year long Swiss criminal investigation into him should now be closed
    His teenage grandaughter had been forced to change schools after being bullied over his remarkable fall from grace

Last month former France international Platini was questioned by investigators over a lunch he attended in Paris in November 2010 with then-French president Nicolas Sarkozy and Qatar's crown prince - now Emir - Tamin bin Hamad al-Thani. Two of Sarkozy's former officials were also questioned.

Blatter has claimed Platini told him at the time that potential bilateral trade deals discussed at the meeting were why he voted for Qatar (rather than the US) two weeks later. Blatter says the u-turn was crucial in the Arab state winning, which triggered Fifa's worst ever scandal.

But Platini denies this, insisting he was not influenced in any way and decided to vote the way he did "in the interests of football development".

A spokesman for Platini told the BBC: "It is a false allegation. Mr Sarkozy never asked Mr Platini to vote for Qatar, nor for any other country."

Blatter and Platini remain banned from football for financial misconduct in relation to a 2m Swiss francs (£1.3m) payment.

Qatar's bid team has been previously accused of corruption, but was cleared following a two-year Fifa inquiry. They also deny any wrongdoing.

"French justice is looking in this matter but not specifically because it concerns Mr Platini, but because it concerns the (ex) head of state," Blatter told the BBC in Zurich.

"He has spent several hours under pressure (during questioning), but don't forget that the two other persons with him were directly linked to the former President Sarkozy. So the objective there, in my opinion, was not to put Platini in a bad situation, but to have more information."

Last month Sarkozy lost a final bid to halt his prosecution on charges of corruption in a separate case, and must stand trial in the coming months.

He is accused of trying to bribe a magistrate but denies any wrongdoing.

Blatter has also spoken to Swiss and German authorities as part of similar investigations into Fifa.

Swiss criminal proceedings were opened against him in 2015, and he remains a suspect, but no charges have yet been brought, and he says it is now time to close the case.

"It's four years, and nothing has happened, this case should be settled, because it's a non-case," he said.

"There cannot be a charge, otherwise they would have done it a long time (ago), but I'm not so sure that this will come out now. I want to defend my rights, while I'm alive.

"I've not lost my fighting spirit."

The Swiss attorney general was recently removed from overseeing the case because of undeclared meetings with Fifa president Gianni Infantino.

Blatter says the "proceedings have begun" in his legal action against Fifa.

His claim contains the allegation that Fifa are still in possession of a number of his personal belongings, including around 60 of his watches.

"These are my watches, give me my watches" he said.

"It's important for me. I worked in the watch industry and I made my collection. Forty-one years they were [at Fifa], I could have taken them home, a long time ago.

"Why are they fighting for these watches?

"There is no respect, there is no respect by the president [Infantino]."

In response to Blatter's claims, a Fifa spokesperson told the BBC: "Mr Blatter is of course entitled to his opinions but, at the same time, it's probably worthwhile remembering that these opinions and allegations come from a person who was banned from football for six years for engaging in unethical behaviour.

"In the meantime, we also understand that the Swiss authorities continue to investigate him for possible criminal misconduct and the new Fifa hopes these investigations come to a conclusion soon.

"Mr Blatter's views and opinions should be seen in that context, and against the background of his own conduct in office over a period of decades."

An emotional Blatter - who is recovering from knee replacement surgery - also spoke about the personal toll his downfall in the wake of the 2015 Fifa corruption scandal had taken, revealing that his teenage grandaughter had been bullied as a result of his notoriety, and forced to leave her school.

"I'm living in peace now with myself (but) my family has suffered" he said, while struggling to hold back tears.

"They have suffered more than I have suffered.

"My grandaughter was mobbed in college when she was just 14 and she had to leave the college. She's now 18.

"It's terrible. She just got her diploma, at the university ceremony, but she is still suffering about it. This is life today. This is the world we live in."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48865823

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a load of bollocks from that FIFA spokesperson, though. Or should I say the new FIFA? ::)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2454 on: July 4, 2019, 08:03:10 pm »
Gobshite being a massive fucking gobshite c*nt. Hope he dies a horrible painful death.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2455 on: July 4, 2019, 08:51:19 pm »
We’ve all left 60 watches at work, I can feel his pain,
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2456 on: July 5, 2019, 12:11:20 pm »
Bet them watches were gifts from all sorts of backing-handing c*nts!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2457 on: July 5, 2019, 12:16:16 pm »
Gobshite being a massive fucking gobshite c*nt. Hope he dies a horrible painful death.
The c*nt's got one foot in the grave already, can't believe he's 83 and still fucking around like this. Does he think he can take his money and watches to the grave, the gigantic bell

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2458 on: July 30, 2020, 02:04:53 pm »
Gianni Infantino: Swiss special prosecutor launches criminal proceedings against Fifa president

Authorities investigating an alleged covered-up meeting between the Fifa president and the Swiss Attorney General Michael Lauber has requested criminal proceedings be brought against Infantino

A Swiss special prosecutor has commenced criminal proceedings against Fifa President Gianni Infantino.

A special prosecutor was appointed last week to look into dealings between Infantino and the Swiss Attorney General Michael Lauber - who last week offered his resignation - over an undisclosed meeting in June 2017.

A court concluded last week that Lauber had covered up the meeting and lied to his supervisors while his office investigated corruption allegations surrounding the football governing body.

Lauber has denied any wrongdoing, but in March he was sanctioned for disloyalty, lying and breaching his office’s code of conduct. Lauber has also had his salary cut for a year after a watchdog group found he repeatedly told falsehoods and broke a prosecutors’ code of conduct.

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2459 on: July 30, 2020, 02:16:53 pm »
Not a  great sign that the guy you hired to clean up the corruption being investigated for corruption. ;D

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #2460 on: July 30, 2020, 02:38:25 pm »
Just saw this on the BBC. My biggest gripe with Infantino is that he’s been in bed with Qatar and Man City for years and helped them beat the FFP wrap twice now. Not surprised Swiss courts are going after him. UEFA and FIFA are sworn enemies now. While am not keen on Ceferin either I think he’s got a more solid moral backbone that the whole fifa gang put together.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2461 on: August 3, 2020, 02:57:41 pm »
Fifa president Gianni Infantino will remain in the role while he is a subject of a criminal investigation.

http://bbc.in/3k4ZDlU

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2462 on: December 22, 2020, 01:31:59 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2463 on: December 22, 2020, 03:03:02 pm »
Fifa lodges criminal complaint against former president.
Classic, something to do with the dodgy endowment of financial backing to a Swiss-based museum that is neither owned by Fifa or has anything to do with Football.

Trying to appear whiter than white, or deflectionary tactics to distract from some other shite they've been up to?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2464 on: December 22, 2020, 03:09:20 pm »
Fifa lodges criminal complaint against former president.
In other words, they found something dodgy, have tried to cover it up (because lets be honest, this was $500m+ into a very public project, it was hardly hidden) to save those still in FIFA, haven’t been able to, so are hanging Blatter out to dry.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2465 on: January 21, 2021, 01:15:33 pm »
Fifa says players who compete in European Super League will be barred from its competitions

Players who compete in a European Super League will be barred from Fifa competitions, world football's governing body said on Thursday.
Fifa and the six confederations, including Uefa, reiterated that such a competition "would not be recognised".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55749730

Ok, so if FIFA is against this - I'm all in.
Corrupt bastards.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2466 on: January 21, 2021, 04:48:05 pm »
Added incentive then
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2467 on: May 29, 2021, 11:12:33 am »

'Bank Julius Baer Admits Laundering Over $36 Million in Bribes in FIFA Case':-

Swiss Bank Agrees to Pay More than $79 Million in Penalties in Deferred Prosecution Agreement

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/bank-julius-baer-admits-laundering-over-36-million-bribes-fifa-case

& https://www.newsweek.com/swiss-bank-admits-laundering-36-million-bribes-soccer-officials-1595668
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #2468 on: May 29, 2021, 04:51:51 pm »
'Bank Julius Baer Admits Laundering Over $36 Million in Bribes in FIFA Case':-

Swiss Bank Agrees to Pay More than $79 Million in Penalties in Deferred Prosecution Agreement

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/bank-julius-baer-admits-laundering-over-36-million-bribes-fifa-case

& https://www.newsweek.com/swiss-bank-admits-laundering-36-million-bribes-soccer-officials-1595668
A great heads up Jason, but I have no idea why these things always seem to be in American Courts or via FBI investigations. In the world of football, they are a minnow.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2469 on: November 2, 2021, 02:43:47 pm »
Sepp Blatter, Platini indicted for fraud in Switzerland

GENEVA (AP) — Former FIFA officials Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini were charged with fraud and other offenses by Swiss prosecutors on Tuesday after a six-year investigation into a controversial $2 million payment.

The 85-year-old Blatter and 66-year-old Platini now face a trial within months at federal criminal court in Bellinzona.

“This payment damaged FIFA’s assets and unlawfully enriched Platini,” Swiss federal prosecutors said in a statement.

The case was opened in September 2015 and ousted Blatter ahead of schedule as FIFA president. It also ended then-UEFA president Platini’s campaign to succeed his former mentor.

Swiss cases often take years to reach a conclusion.

The case centers on Platini’s written request to FIFA in January 2011 to be paid backdated additional salary for working as a presidential adviser in Blatter’s first term, from 1998-2002.

Blatter authorized FIFA to make the payment within weeks. He was preparing to campaign for re-election in a contest against Mohamed bin Hammam of Qatar, where Platini’s influence with European voters was a key factor.

“The evidence gathered by the (attorney general’s office) has corroborated that this payment to Platini was made without a legal basis,” prosecutors said.

Both Blatter and Platini have long denied wrongdoing and cited a verbal agreement they had made, now more than 20 years ago, for the money to be paid.

Blatter has been charged with fraud, mismanagement, misappropriation of FIFA funds and forgery of a document. Platini has been charged with fraud, misappropriation, forgery and as an accomplice to Blatter’s alleged mismanagement.

Platini, a French soccer great, was not placed under formal investigation until last year, and months later the more serious allegation of fraud was included against both men.

Prosecutors had opened criminal proceedings against Blatter in September 2015 ahead of a police raid at FIFA headquarters in Zurich on the day he and Platini attended a meeting of the soccer body’s executive committee.

That came four months after a sweeping U.S. Department of Justice corruption investigation into world soccer was revealed with early-morning arrests of officials from the Americas at luxury hotels in Zurich.

In the fallout of those May 2015 hotel raids, and only days after being elected FIFA president for a fifth time, Blatter announced his plan to resign and call another vote to find a successor.

Platini had long been the expected FIFA heir but his campaign was derailed by the police visit to FIFA’s offices even though he was not yet a suspect.

The FIFA ethics committee soon suspended both men for several weeks before banning each for six years.

Platini’s ban was later reduced to four years by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on appeal, and he was cleared to return to soccer duty in October 2019. He had been linked to seeking a seat on the executive board of FIFPRO, the global group of soccer player unions.

Blatter has been in poor health and a final round of questioning by Swiss investigators was delayed until August.

After undergoing heart surgery last December, Blatter spent a week in an induced coma.

Blatter also faces a separate criminal proceeding related to authorizing a $1 million FIFA payment to Trinidad and Tobago in 2010 into the control of then-FIFA vice president Jack Warner. Two former FIFA officials are also suspects in that investigation.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #2470 on: November 2, 2021, 05:57:57 pm »
This is such blatant corruption it's a bit embarrassing for the Swiss that it's taken this long for them to be charged.

I live in Switzerland and the Swiss are totally embarrassed at FIFA and Blatter.

They don't think Infantino is any better.

I'm not sure Blatter will make it to court. He'll manage to weasel out of it.
You try me once you beg for more.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2471 on: November 2, 2021, 05:59:50 pm »
Oh dear…

How sad.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2472 on: November 2, 2021, 08:04:58 pm »
This is such blatant corruption it's a bit embarrassing for the Swiss that it's taken this long for them to be charged.

I live in Switzerland and the Swiss are totally embarrassed at FIFA and Blatter.

They don't think Infantino is any better.

I'm not sure Blatter will make it to court. He'll manage to weasel out of it.

He'll turn up in court in a wheelchair and on oxygen, like a mob boss.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #2473 on: November 2, 2021, 11:10:44 pm »
 Platini

A failure of humanity
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #2474 on: November 2, 2021, 11:18:54 pm »
How Qatar is going ahead is quite comical
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2475 on: November 2, 2021, 11:58:20 pm »
Whole thing should have been disbanded when it all came out rather than basically promoting someone from within to seemingly continue running it as it was.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2476 on: November 3, 2021, 12:09:59 am »
Whole thing should have been disbanded when it all came out rather than basically promoting someone from within to seemingly continue running it as it was.

They have replaced one set of crooks with another set of crooks with no drop in corruption. With prosecutions coming thick and fast you have to rotate your crook sports administrators. That is what you call real squad depth.

You hear all these players and managers moaning about too many games, so many competitions yadi yadi yada.

FIFA and UEFA are showing us how to compete on multiple fronts domestically, in Europe and internationally.