Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5733087 times)

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Artettacking Front Four?
« Reply #57920 on: January 27, 2021, 01:57:45 pm »
A bit arrogant...

Why? Are Madrid and Barca arrogant to think they can take Sevilla or Valencia’s players? Or Bayern thinking they can take Leipzigs players if they wanted?

We’re a bigger club than Arsenal and a much better team. They’re miles off us. On the field and financially.

If Saka turns out to be good, he isn’t going to stay with a team who finish 5th-8th.
Champions

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #57921 on: January 27, 2021, 02:01:00 pm »
Why? Are Madrid and Barca arrogant to think they can take Sevilla or Valencia’s players? Or Bayern thinking they can take Leipzigs players if they wanted?

Yes.  Just because you can do something doesn't mean you're not arrogant about it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #57922 on: January 27, 2021, 02:06:18 pm »
Yes.  Just because you can do something doesn't mean you're not arrogant about it.

Ok I’m arrogant then. Liverpool are a bigger club and when the finances are back to normal we can sign who we want from them.

Personally I don’t see acknowledging reality as arrogant.
Champions

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #57923 on: January 27, 2021, 02:22:13 pm »
If Saka is any good he won’t be at Arsenal in 5 years. So maybe that’s your route back. Selling your few good players when they get good enough for a genuine top team like Liverpool or City.

Things can change a helluva lot in 5 years mate. It was only 7 years ago a certain club bid £40,000,000.01 for Suarez.....and he wanted to go.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57924 on: January 27, 2021, 02:25:40 pm »

We’re a bigger club than Arsenal and a much better team. They’re miles off us. On the field and financially.

If Saka turns out to be good, he isn’t going to stay with a team who finish 5th-8th.

Not sure you can afford him to be honest. Might be a bit out of your reach.
But I can see why you'd want him,  head and shoulders above any of your youngsters.

Hed probably want to go to a team that regularly wins titles, not once every 30 years, hed be retired by then. 

;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 02:33:06 pm by The North Bank »

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #57925 on: January 27, 2021, 02:36:15 pm »
Not sure you can afford him to be honest. Might be a bit out of your reach.
But I can see why you'd want him,  head and shoulders above any of your youngsters.

When Covid finishes and finances go back to normal we can afford him. We’ll not want him though because he’d barely get a kick if our front lads are fit. Arsenal is the best place for him right now. A nice upper mid table team but who are still a relatively big club so he’s used to a little bit of pressure he’d get at Liverpool if we signed him. Although he’d have no experience of competing for the real major honours he’ll still have a little experience of domestic trophies and maybe a Europa League if you are able to qualify.

He is better than our young attackers. Thankfully we don’t need to be carried by or pin all our hopes on kids though because we’ve just got world class players instead. Maybe once Salah and Mane are finished, if Saka has developed a bit, we’ll take him. 

If he wants titles regularly then he’d already have left Arsenal. What age was he when you last won the league? 2 Or 3 years old? Maybe he’ll settle for a team who wins Champions Leagues. We’ve got 2 of those and 2 more finals since you last won a league  ;D
Champions

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #57926 on: January 27, 2021, 02:38:45 pm »
Not arrogant though.

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #57927 on: January 27, 2021, 02:40:49 pm »
Not arrogant though.

It’s a joke with a supporter of a rival ffs. Get a grip.

Also, why are you getting arsey about a Liverpool fan on a Liverpool forum being arrogant about how big a club Liverpool are :lmao

Anyway. It was a joke with a rival. They’re shit at the moment, we’ve been great the last few years. Taking the piss is part of the fun of football when you’re good and your rivals aren’t.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 02:44:06 pm by Naby Lad »
Champions

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #57928 on: January 27, 2021, 02:42:45 pm »
Turning our noses up now at the best young wide forward the Premier League has seen since the emergence of Raheem Sterling. Crazy times.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #57929 on: January 27, 2021, 02:45:27 pm »
Turning our noses up now at the best young wide forward the Premier League has seen since the emergence of Raheem Sterling. Crazy times.

My word, how serious are some of you lot.

I was taking the piss. It’s a joke with a rival fan. He clearly was having a joke back. Some of you seriously need to lighten up.
Champions

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57930 on: January 27, 2021, 02:45:57 pm »
Its between him and Foden, hes a year younger,  can play in about 6 positions, and has carried a struggling side at times this season.
Easier when you can strut it around with KDB and Gundogan at 5-0 up.
But it's not just Saka, ESR and Martinelli can be as good, Balogun keeps scoring hat tricks in the youth team. Willock looked ahead of all of them at one stage. There are many players that can be around for years and save us a lot of money.

All opinions at the end of the day but mine is... it's foden. Not even close atm for me, he's ahead of everyone by a stretch and it's not those around him making it so.

As for the £150 mill/ 10 years. I dont see either being a reality, he wont stay 10 years or make you 150 mill. But again that's my opinion

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #57931 on: January 27, 2021, 02:46:14 pm »
Also, why are you getting arsey about a Liverpool fan on a Liverpool forum being arrogant about how big a club Liverpool are :lmao

I'm not getting arsey, someone else called you arrogant, not me.  I just backed them up when you claimed you weren't... only for you to now claim you are?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57932 on: January 27, 2021, 02:55:04 pm »

Anyway. It was a joke with a rival. They’re shit at the moment, we’ve been great the last few years. Taking the piss is part of the fun of football when you’re good and your rivals aren’t.

Ah, but you don't know our plan. It's called Project A-ha. Odegaard just now, Berge in the summer, Haaland 2022, Champions 2023.  ;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #57933 on: January 27, 2021, 03:01:29 pm »
Ah, but you don't know our plan. It's called Project A-ha. Odegaard just now, Berge in the summer, Haaland 2022, Champions 2023.  ;D
You'll need to be hunting high and low to get Haaland in.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57934 on: January 27, 2021, 03:08:04 pm »

I called what you said arrogant not him, things can quickly change in football as you know who's to say where we are in 5 years there's a chance for one Klopp won't be here. Like another poster said it was only 7 years ago Suarez wanted to leave for Arsenal, 10 years ago United were the best club in the country and so on.

Nothing serious anyways..

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #57935 on: January 27, 2021, 03:08:41 pm »
My word, how serious are some of you lot.

I was taking the piss. It’s a joke with a rival fan. He clearly was having a joke back. Some of you seriously need to lighten up.
The subtle, intricate nuance of your humorous post obviously escaped me.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 03:12:24 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57936 on: January 27, 2021, 03:48:52 pm »
All opinions at the end of the day but mine is... it's foden. Not even close atm for me, he's ahead of everyone by a stretch and it's not those around him making it so.

As for the £150 mill/ 10 years. I dont see either being a reality, he wont stay 10 years or make you 150 mill. But again that's my opinion

What I meant by that is that if he stays 10 years he ll save us 150m worth of players wed have bought for his position. We have scope to save more money with other youngsters coming through. So its not essentially the money theyll make us, but what wed have to spend to fill in areas they are now filling for no cost, and for a very long period of time.
That doesnt mean we dont blow money elsewhere, The Pepe and Willian deals have been disastrous, but we are doing some things right.

Foden is top quality no doubt and its not an outrageous call to say hes the best coming through, but in a struggling team I dont see him doing as well as Saka.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #57937 on: January 27, 2021, 03:53:32 pm »
What I meant by that is that if he stays 10 years he ll save us 150m worth of players wed have bought for his position. We have scope to save more money with other youngsters coming through. So its not essentially the money theyll make us, but what wed have to spend to fill in areas they are now filling for no cost, and for a very long period of time.
That doesnt mean we dont blow money elsewhere, The Pepe and Willian deals have been disastrous, but we are doing some things right.

Foden is top quality no doubt and its not an outrageous call to say hes the best coming through, but in a struggling team I dont see him doing as well as Saka.

Just imagine all the Pepes and Willians you'll be able to buy with that! Probably...one.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #57938 on: January 27, 2021, 04:04:22 pm »

Then I heard you were going to raid Fulham to taaaaake Onomah, take Onomah.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #57939 on: January 27, 2021, 04:06:45 pm »

His dad was a decent pro but he seems on another level. I’m only an armchair viewer but while Alf was hit and miss, the son always shines on TV.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #57940 on: January 27, 2021, 04:11:15 pm »
His dad was a decent pro but he seems on another level. I’m only an armchair viewer but while Alf was hit and miss, the son always shines on TV.

come on ...COME ON

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57941 on: January 27, 2021, 04:15:15 pm »

Then I heard you were going to raid Fulham to taaaaake Onomah, take Onomah.

Very good, & that's me out of A-ha songs that I know!  ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57942 on: January 27, 2021, 08:08:01 pm »
Martin Ødegaard confirms: “I spoke to Arteta before coming here - and it was crucial. That was very important for me and he seems like a top manager and I liked his ideas, the way he sees football and also the way he is”

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57943 on: January 27, 2021, 08:36:15 pm »
Martin Ødegaard confirms: “I spoke to Arteta before coming here - and it was crucial. That was very important for me and he seems like a top manager and I liked his ideas, the way he sees football and also the way he is”

I thought he was an attacking player?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #57944 on: January 27, 2021, 08:45:56 pm »

Love those media team fed quotes  ;D

Timo Werners about Lampard where equally fantastic.   

Online Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57945 on: January 28, 2021, 08:23:33 am »
Love those media team fed quotes  ;D

Timo Werners about Lampard where equally fantastic.

Yeah they're great. I'm kind of glad we kind of stopped doing it. It was really bad during those years we were languishing around 7th position and every interview with a new signing started with the Istanbul, magic of the Kop, etc. And sure those are all worthy of discussion, but come on there's absolutely no way the likes of Fabio Borini or Charlie Adam thought of those things when they signed.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57946 on: January 28, 2021, 09:24:59 am »
Apart from the City result, a near perfect set of scores this week. Just need you guys to do the business vs Spurs tonight.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57947 on: January 28, 2021, 09:48:49 am »
Would be typical Arsenal to revert back to shite against United at the weekend.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #57948 on: January 28, 2021, 10:13:06 am »
Apart from the City result, a near perfect set of scores this week. Just need you guys to do the business vs Spurs tonight.
Hopefully we can do the business tonight and you can Saturday.

Brothers in arms.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57949 on: January 28, 2021, 10:55:42 am »

I cant wait. We ll give em a good kicking.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57950 on: January 28, 2021, 10:57:32 am »

Maybe. We've actually got a decent record against them recently, 3 wins & 2 draws in the last 5, Arteta 2 for 2 vs Ole, we're 5 wins & a draw in 6, they've just been beat by the bottom of the league at home, so we shouldn't have a mental issue against them, that's for sure.

Think a lot will depend who we have fit. Our fitness doubts are our most important players, Tierney, Partey, ESR, & Auba. If they are fit & firing I'd fancy us. If not, might be a struggle again.

Brothers in arms.

A good case of my enemies enemy, is my friend.  :scarf

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57951 on: January 28, 2021, 11:00:00 am »

Brothers in arms.

I love the heartbreak that spurs keep suffering every time they meet liverpool.  CL final, top of table clash, every time spurs need a good slap Liverpool step up.

Bit worried about today though I think it's their best chance for years. I hope they park the bus and lose in the last minute again. 

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57952 on: January 28, 2021, 02:22:28 pm »
Arteta really pulled off a masterstroke by putting Saka in the inside right role. Rowe coming in too. Things have started looking up since then.

Pepe on the left has the potential to work.

They just need a good striker looking towards next season. Lacazette has picked up but not too sure about him over the next 18 months. Finances will be clearly restricted so they need to find someone who is good value at a small price.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #57953 on: January 28, 2021, 03:59:12 pm »
Arteta really pulled off a masterstroke by putting Saka in the inside right role. Rowe coming in too. Things have started looking up since then.

They just need a good striker looking towards next season. Lacazette has picked up but not too sure about him over the next 18 months. Finances will be clearly restricted so they need to find someone who is good value at a small price.

Is it a master stroke or just law of averages that if he tries enough he’ll get it right eventually? Saka’s player everywhere hasn’t he? Is this his best position?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57954 on: January 28, 2021, 04:26:14 pm »

Pepe wont work anywhere, Martinelli on the left could work perfectly.

Arteta gets zero credit for anything he does, even if he wins a trophy its a fluke. I never had any doubts he has a clear plan, even when it wasn't working.

I think the masterstroke is Emile Smith Rowe, Saka was always going to be a superstar, ESR had been on loan at Huddersfield for a season where he had Ok showings but nothing spectacular.
Saka's best position is inside right where he can cut in and shoot or go outside and cross, he can use both feet, and while he can fill in other positions, he looks best playing there.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57955 on: January 28, 2021, 09:56:50 pm »

Brothers in arms.

Not sure we will manage our part but at least you guys managed part 1 with ease!  ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #57956 on: January 28, 2021, 10:32:39 pm »
Pepe wont work anywhere, Martinelli on the left could work perfectly.

Arteta gets zero credit for anything he does, even if he wins a trophy its a fluke. I never had any doubts he has a clear plan, even when it wasn't working.

I think the masterstroke is Emile Smith Rowe, Saka was always going to be a superstar, ESR had been on loan at Huddersfield for a season where he had Ok showings but nothing spectacular.
Saka's best position is inside right where he can cut in and shoot or go outside and cross, he can use both feet, and while he can fill in other positions, he looks best playing there.

Why's it taken him a year to play him there so  :P
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57957 on: January 29, 2021, 02:26:37 am »
Why's it taken him a year to play him there so  :P

When you’re a very young player, a year makes a big difference to development. I also don’t think it’s a bad idea for a manager to give everyone a chance when he joins a club, before settling on his best team.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57958 on: January 29, 2021, 09:25:36 am »
A bit of noise about Mustafi potentially being available, I'd be interested to know what North Bank and Scottish Goon think of him. Could he do a job for us? Why isn't he playing much this season?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #57959 on: January 29, 2021, 09:33:26 am »
A bit of noise about Mustafi potentially being available, I'd be interested to know what North Bank and Scottish Goon think of him. Could he do a job for us? Why isn't he playing much this season?

My Arsenal mate said he’s ok mostly and then a liability at times when the wires go loose. Does that sound a bit like Lovren? Anyway, doubt we’ll sign him but who knows.