Author Topic: Doctor Who **USE SPOILER TAGS PLEASE**  (Read 348739 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Doctor Who **USE SPOILER TAGS PLEASE**
« Reply #5480 on: March 23, 2024, 03:00:23 pm »
Maybe Disney and the BBC  should get their heads together and reboot Blakes 7.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5481 on: March 26, 2024, 11:44:29 pm »
Maybe Disney and the BBC  should get their heads together and reboot Blakes 7.
Yes, the ending of Blake's 7 is right up Disney's alley...

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #5482 on: March 27, 2024, 07:16:08 am »
Years ago I wanted a Blakes 7 sequel series that still included Paul Darrow being found by a new group of anti-Federation Rebels. You could soft reboot it by re-running what had happened to Blake in the first episode - he'd been a Rebel leader previously but was then captured, brainwashed and put back to work in society. Have the same thing happen to Avon (he could be living the life of vast wealth he always wanted as one of the Federation elites). He didn't have to run off with the crew and be involved on adventures but at least it would have been a nice link to the original.

Now though I don't know. If you properly just virtually remade it with a whole new cast, what would be the point? Just for the better special effects? And if you made it wildly different but set within the same segment of Earth's "past" (from the Doctor's perspective as I assume we're linking the shows) then what would be the point of it, and how could you re-use the name?

I think the ship has sailed, although if they made a one-off crossover as part of a Dr Who season then I might just about accept re-cast portrayals of Avon, Servalan etc. It's a niche one for the nerds though.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #5483 on: March 31, 2024, 08:35:32 pm »
Another Trailer released it looks like Dr Who at a higher level

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pAwebgSJ60k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pAwebgSJ60k</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.