Author Topic: Skybet Championship Thread 2018/19  (Read 89937 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Skybet Championship Thread 2018/19
« Reply #720 on: April 27, 2019, 11:16:28 pm »
Will Brentford be awarded a 3-0 win if Bolton go on strike? It’s lucky they can’t go up or down as that would be pretty controversial if Bolton were due to play someone near the top or bottom.

Surely that should happen. I don’t see how it can be a postponement. It should be treated as a forfeit.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #721 on: April 27, 2019, 11:48:53 pm »
Surely that should happen. I don’t see how it can be a postponement. It should be treated as a forfeit.

Normally it would have been a forfeit as they would have forced them to play the U18's but because the u18's played on Thursday they didn't feel it was fair to force that so they postponed but I am sure they will either play the games with U18 or forfeit their final two games

Sad times at Bolton

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: April 28, 2019, 10:35:17 am »
Norwich’s fullbacks are pretty special. We should sign both of them.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: April 28, 2019, 10:41:36 am »
Norwich’s fullbacks are pretty special. We should sign both of them.

Not sure about Lewis but Aarons is very highly rated. Norwich have done an excellent job bringing young players through since going down.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #724 on: April 28, 2019, 12:06:34 pm »
Leeds v Aston Villa, Leeds need to win both their last matches & overturn a 13 goal difference, & Sheffield United lose at Stoke on the last day to get the automatic promotion spot.
#Sausages

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: April 28, 2019, 01:38:52 pm »
Leeds letting Villa score there after some drama with Leeds playing on when Villa had a man down and scoring

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #726 on: April 28, 2019, 01:41:11 pm »
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 01:50:26 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #727 on: April 28, 2019, 01:41:33 pm »
This game is mental, never seen anything like it!

The Villa red card will surely be overturned as well, he didn't touch his face.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: April 28, 2019, 01:43:49 pm »

3 minutes later... Villa's El-Ghazi gets a straight red card - https://streamable.com/x83e3

Bamford with a dog of an act grabbing at his face to get El-Ghazi sent off.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #730 on: April 28, 2019, 02:04:22 pm »
Bamford with a dog of an act grabbing at his face to get El-Ghazi sent off.

Cheating little shithouse, should be ashamed of himself. If that happens in Sunday League you rightfully get twatted in the car park.

Throw the book at this c*nt, he's a disgrace to football.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: April 28, 2019, 02:38:06 pm »
To do what he has with Northampton and now Sheffield United is amazing from Chris Wilder.  Fair play to him.

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: April 28, 2019, 02:38:06 pm »
This game is mental, never seen anything like it!
That was absolutely crazy, surely you play to the whistle even if it is unsportsman
Justice for the 96

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #733 on: April 28, 2019, 02:57:45 pm »

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #734 on: April 28, 2019, 04:15:24 pm »
Sheffield United are pure Brexit, fuck that. It's good for the city but I'd have preferred Wednesday by a long shot.

'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: April 28, 2019, 04:20:24 pm »
Cheating little shithouse, should be ashamed of himself. If that happens in Sunday League you rightfully get twatted in the car park.

Throw the book at this c*nt, he's a disgrace to football.
yup, fuck him off so he can go to his rightful place, head of the young conservatives

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: April 28, 2019, 04:20:31 pm »
Yeah never liked Sheffield Utd, no doubt they'll be chanting vile stuff at us from the very first minute next season.

Not sure what to think of that Leeds goal, surely it's valid because the ref didn't blow the whistle? I know it's unsportsmanlike but it's not illegal

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #737 on: April 28, 2019, 04:26:42 pm »
I still can't see what that red card was for. Was it shown in those highlights there or am I looking towards the wrong part at the wrong time or what?

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
« Reply #738 on: April 28, 2019, 04:28:15 pm »
Yeah never liked Sheffield Utd, no doubt they'll be chanting vile stuff at us from the very first minute next season.

Not sure what to think of that Leeds goal, surely it's valid because the ref didn't blow the whistle? I know it's unsportsmanlike but it's not illegal

Within the laws of the gamew it's perfectly fine, but it's considered unsporting when there's an injured player. I'd like to see this rule/area cleared up a bit after this because something like this has been coming for a long time because it's such a grey area.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #739 on: April 28, 2019, 04:35:15 pm »
Within the laws of the gamew it's perfectly fine, but it's considered unsporting when there's an injured player. I'd like to see this rule/area cleared up a bit after this because something like this has been coming for a long time because it's such a grey area.

Yep too many times players have gone down feigning injury hoping to stop play, why this play on[play to the whistle] became the norm
#Sausages

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #740 on: April 28, 2019, 04:45:07 pm »
Definitely, it winds me up no end though when our players kick the ball out when it's clear the player is feigning injury. Trouble is, players will just hold their head more often to make the ref blow up.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: April 28, 2019, 07:01:56 pm »
Silly to kick it out and silly for Villa to get all outraged.

Always confused me how you can play on in Rugby or the AFL. But in thiis sport, you kick it out.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: April 28, 2019, 07:31:27 pm »
Decent quality video of the entire incident...

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeedsUnited/comments/bib9ds/todays_clusterfuck_aka_play_to_the_whistle/
I loved how Jensen tries to boot the Villa player trying to score. ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #743 on: April 28, 2019, 08:13:22 pm »
Why was that c*nt Terry seemingly having a pop at Bielsa after they walk the ball in?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #744 on: April 28, 2019, 08:17:07 pm »
Why was that c*nt Terry seemingly having a pop at Bielsa after they walk the ball in?

Answered your own question there chief.

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
« Reply #745 on: April 28, 2019, 08:24:35 pm »
Just seen the red card incident thanks to the hell-hole that is Twatter. Take a peek at this, Bamford wasn't even touched. If there was any justice in football he would be the one getting a three match ban for that disgraceful cheating. https://twitter.com/YorkshireSlang/status/1122512169873092609

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #746 on: April 28, 2019, 09:07:50 pm »
Just seen the red card incident thanks to the hell-hole that is Twatter. Take a peek at this, Bamford wasn't even touched. If there was any justice in football he would be the one getting a three match ban for that disgraceful cheating. https://twitter.com/YorkshireSlang/status/1122512169873092609

Aye the little c*nt wants to be hung out to dry, total shithouse behaviour.

As for Bielsa, class act by ordering his team to let Villa score.  Don Revie will be spinning in his grave!
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #747 on: April 28, 2019, 09:50:07 pm »
Leeds could meet Villa in the playoffs, that will be a bit feisty if that happens.
#Sausages

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: April 29, 2019, 01:19:18 am »

I think the issue is the Leeds player on the ball completely stopped and then made it look like he was going to kick it out only for him to play it down the line. By this time all of the Villa players had stopped playing.

I think if they had continued playing at normal speed then there wouldn't/shouldn't have been much of an issue.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #749 on: April 29, 2019, 01:40:43 am »
As awful as it would be, there's probably a 90% chance that Villa come up now. All the other playoff candidates have been atrocious as of late - Leeds included - and Dean Smith has really turned Villa around.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #750 on: April 29, 2019, 09:06:02 am »
I think the issue is the Leeds player on the ball completely stopped and then made it look like he was going to kick it out only for him to play it down the line. By this time all of the Villa players had stopped playing.

I think if they had continued playing at normal speed then there wouldn't/shouldn't have been much of an issue.

He didn't stop though, he had the ball at his feet and was questioning why the Villa players had stopped, so played the easy ball. The player down was not in the way of play, or a defender out of position.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
« Reply #751 on: April 29, 2019, 10:38:28 am »
I think they kicked off like they did because they had already put the ball out for them a little earlier and they didn't return the favour in doing what they did, and the Villa players nearest could see that the guy was genuinely hurt.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #752 on: April 29, 2019, 11:24:50 am »
Haha..Danny Mills commented on this yet, bit embarrassing for him after the snide stunt he pulled at Anfield a few years ago (feigning to kick the ball out)
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #753 on: April 29, 2019, 11:51:46 am »
Answered your own question there chief.

'I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.'

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: May 3, 2019, 01:13:42 pm »
Bolton-Brentford game scrapped and Brentford awarded a 1-0 win.

Harry Kane has claimed the win.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #755 on: May 3, 2019, 01:26:40 pm »
Bolton-Brentford game scrapped and Brentford awarded a 1-0 win.

Harry Kane has claimed the win.

;D

Fortunate for the EFL it doesn't affect the playoffs, promotion or relegation, with Bolton already down & Brentford unable to reach the playoffs, be interesting what the EFKL would have done had it affected the playoffs & relegation, & even automatic promotion.
#Sausages

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #756 on: May 3, 2019, 01:51:33 pm »
;D

Fortunate for the EFL it doesn't affect the playoffs, promotion or relegation, with Bolton already down & Brentford unable to reach the playoffs, be interesting what the EFKL would have done had it affected the playoffs & relegation, & even automatic promotion.

Yep, lucky to avoid a can of worms there.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #757 on: May 5, 2019, 01:19:00 am »
Last day later, all matches 12.30pm kickoffs, most issues have already been decided, apart from the last playoff spot, which is one from Derby, Middlesbrough & Bristol City

Derby 71 pts 13 gd
Middlesbrough 70 pts, 7 gd
Bristol City 69 pts 6 gd

Derby v West Brom
Hull v Bristol City
Rotherham v Middlesbrough
#Sausages

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #758 on: May 5, 2019, 01:54:33 am »
As long as Middlesborough don't get there I'm fine. Be arsed with Pulis back in the league. If Derby somehow clawed their way into the league Lampard would be fired in a month.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #759 on: May 5, 2019, 12:53:23 pm »
 Derby 1-0 up
#Sausages