Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458622 times)

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19: General Stuff. VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #34960 on: September 15, 2020, 05:20:40 pm »
I sense bullshit with the guidelines now. So if a student tests positive in a classroom only a few students around them would need to then isolate yet I thought the virus could circulate in the air of the whole room? That student would also have probably been in contact with others in their year group at breaks and lunch yet the government seem to be edging away from sending bubbles and year groups home. Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they've realised someone will need to be at home with them so no work for many parents.

The science seems to have changed to make it convenient I.e. loads don't have to go home and isolate, just a select few that apparently were 1 M away for more than 15 minutes.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: COVID-19: General Stuff. VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #34961 on: September 15, 2020, 05:47:00 pm »
Is this the same son that has already had to spend a week or 2 locked up quarantined in his own room earlier in lockdown? If so, poor guy!
No different one.  He’s yet to get it!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34962 on: September 15, 2020, 05:59:38 pm »
Private sector inefficiency.

They should liberalise the market here, and outsource and upscale the public sector ;)

The Govt. should not just throw money at private sector businesses (who, of course, will have no links to Cons MPs) who cannot provide what they promise.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34963 on: September 15, 2020, 06:01:02 pm »
I sense bullshit with the guidelines now. So if a student tests positive in a classroom only a few students around them would need to then isolate yet I thought the virus could circulate in the air of the whole room? That student would also have probably been in contact with others in their year group at breaks and lunch yet the government seem to be edging away from sending bubbles and year groups home. Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they've realised someone will need to be at home with them so no work for many parents.

The science seems to have changed to make it convenient I.e. loads don't have to go home and isolate, just a select few that apparently were 1 M away for more than 15 minutes.

Nah, their problem is that they said "everyone who needs a test will be able to get a test" when talking about bubbles going off.

Yet what they forgot to say way everyone who needs to a test will be able to get one if they wait a week or travel 500 miles for it.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34964 on: September 15, 2020, 06:22:54 pm »
Nah, their problem is that they said "everyone who needs a test will be able to get a test" when talking about bubbles going off.

Yet what they forgot to say way everyone who needs to a test will be able to get one if they wait a week or travel 500 miles for it.

Just seems odd how they're basically saying the virus can't affect you unless you speak to someone face to face within 1 metre for more than 15 minutes. They should have fans back in the grounds now then at half capacity 2 metres apart if that was the case.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34965 on: September 15, 2020, 06:24:06 pm »
Just seems odd how they're basically saying the virus can't affect you unless you speak to someone face to face within 1 metre for more than 15 minutes. They should have fans back in the grounds now then at half capacity 2 metres apart if that was the case.

I think the whole 2m distance and time frame is bollocks anyway. You telling me that in a small classroom for an hour the virus out of someone's mouth won't spread beyond a 2m distance? Not having that.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34966 on: September 15, 2020, 06:26:23 pm »
I think the whole 2m distance and time frame is bollocks anyway. You telling me that in a small classroom for an hour the virus out of someone's mouth won't spread beyond a 2m distance? Not having that.

I would have thought the argument would be that by the time it has travelled that far it will have dissipated so much that any that does reach another person will be a much smaller viral load.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34967 on: September 15, 2020, 06:27:41 pm »
The Govt. should not just throw money at private sector businesses (who, of course, will have no links to Cons MPs) who cannot provide what they promise.

If only...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #34968 on: September 15, 2020, 06:30:07 pm »
Hmmmm...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34969 on: September 15, 2020, 06:32:31 pm »
The problem is you cannot expect schools to act like doctors and decide what’s COVID and what is a cold. They aren’t trained to do so.

Plus imagine the uproar if they got it wrong, then that kid spread it round to a few of their friends and they give it to a family member who is vulnerable. Or if they pass it on to a teacher who is more vulnerable.

Schools should 100% be acting cautious here.

Absolutely right. Schools cannot afford that to happen, they have to do everything possible to stay open for the sakes of the kids education, whilst protecting staff and kids alike as well as vulnerable parents from getting sick.

That will invariably mean kids who have a heavy cough as part of a more general cold infection are likely and rightly sent home until they can be tested, that’s why it’s crucial testing is freely available with quick results.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #34970 on: September 15, 2020, 06:33:34 pm »
Hmmmm...

Keep in mind that UK detection rates are going to be dropping now too due to the testing shambles. The real numbers will be a little higher.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34971 on: September 15, 2020, 06:36:47 pm »
Just seems odd how they're basically saying the virus can't affect you unless you speak to someone face to face within 1 metre for more than 15 minutes.

Gonna have to nitpick here. No they're not saying that, only you are.

What they ('they' being experienced health protection practitioners) are doing is using a validated methodology to risk assess an individuals exposure to a virus (adapted this time for COVID), and make recommendations based on an individual risk assessment each time.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34972 on: September 15, 2020, 06:45:01 pm »
Gonna have to nitpick here. No they're not saying that, only you are.

What they ('they' being experienced health protection practitioners) are doing is using a validated methodology to risk assess an individuals exposure to a virus (adapted this time for COVID), and make recommendations based on an individual risk assessment each time.

Why has there been many cases traced to pubs and restaurants where people were well over 1 m, even 2 m away and contracted the virus as it circulated in the air yet in schools they're saying in a class of 30 and a teacher for an hour, if someone tests positive only maybe 5 students go home now? So the other 25 and the teacher stay in school and spread it to many others?

They are changing the guidance because they haven't got enough tests and don't want loads at home isolating and not going to work. Simple as that.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34973 on: September 15, 2020, 06:47:47 pm »
First positive test in my gf’s school.

She isn’t being told who it is but has been told a list of 14 kids considered closed contacts and who will be quarantining.

8 of them are in one of her classes, and 5 of them are in her form. So safe to say it’s likely she has been in a classroom with the positive pupil for 3 hours over the last 4 (school) days.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34974 on: September 15, 2020, 06:50:16 pm »
First positive test in my gf’s school.

She isn’t being told who it is but has been told a list of 14 kids considered closed contacts and who will be quarantining.

8 of them are in one of her classes, and 5 of them are in her form. So safe to say it’s likely she has been in a classroom with the positive pupil for 3 hours over the last 4 (school) days.

And here lies the problem. She should be able to get a test and be isolating. Instead she'll be potentially spreading it to other kids and staff and family.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34975 on: September 15, 2020, 06:52:28 pm »
Why has there been many cases traced to pubs and restaurants where people were well over 1 m, even 2 m away and contracted the virus as it circulated in the air yet in schools they're saying in a class of 30 and a teacher for an hour, if someone tests positive only maybe 5 students go home now? So the other 25 and the teacher stay in school and spread it to many others?

They are changing the guidance because they haven't got enough tests and don't want loads at home isolating and not going to work. Simple as that.

Sorry but you're running away with yourself and that last suggestion is just nonsensical.

Guidance on schools has been published for some months (updated regularly, most recently 10 Septemeber). The risk assessment element has long been in there. It's not new, it's basic principles of health protection.

Health Protection Practitioners understand transmission of infectious diseases far better than you or I do. They do the job they do for fuck all money, despite its importance to society, to protect people's health. They have no incentive to do anything to aide the Government, or the governments contractors Dido/Serco/Deloite, who've cut their budget and headcount every year for the last seven years. It's not some wild conspiracy.

Think about it, they wouldn't send anyone home at all if your conspiracy was the case would they?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 06:54:18 pm by Classycara »

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #34976 on: September 15, 2020, 07:19:06 pm »
Interesting

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34977 on: September 15, 2020, 07:23:40 pm »
Interesting

I’m not sure it’s that interesting, assuming you’re talking about comparing those three countries to Sweden, given the massively different demographics which will have an absolutely massive impact on cases.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34978 on: September 15, 2020, 07:24:09 pm »
Hmmmm...

Doing ok there. If we can keep some wickets in hand should be fine to finish well in the final 10 overs
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #34979 on: September 15, 2020, 07:33:06 pm »
Interesting
try comparing Sweden to Finland or Norway, the difference in number of cases and deaths per capita is stark
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #34980 on: September 15, 2020, 07:40:12 pm »
I’m not sure it’s that interesting, assuming you’re talking about comparing those three countries to Sweden, given the massively different demographics which will have an absolutely massive impact on cases.

i didn't realise spain and france were so high compared to the UK

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34981 on: September 15, 2020, 07:41:17 pm »
i didn't realise spain and france were so high compared to the UK

Really? Been all over the news.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #34982 on: September 15, 2020, 07:45:54 pm »
Cases increasing throughout England according to BBC live feed

New cases in all but one area of England
New Covid 19 cases were recorded in all but one of England’s 315 local authority areas in the seven days to 12 September.

Babergh in Suffolk was the only area to not record a new case, according to the latest Public Health England data.

It also shows that 510 new cases were recorded in Bradford in the week up to 12 September. That’s the equivalent of 94.5 cases per 100,000 people - up from 77.6 in the previous week.

Other cities recording sharp increases in their weekly rate include:

Liverpool (up from 51.2 to 91.4, with 455 new cases)

Leicester (up from 56.7 to 86.4, with 306 new cases)

Sunderland (up from 61.9 to 82.5, with 229 new cases)
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34983 on: September 15, 2020, 07:49:14 pm »
Cases increasing throughout England according to BBC live feed

New cases in all but one area of England
New Covid 19 cases were recorded in all but one of England’s 315 local authority areas in the seven days to 12 September.

Babergh in Suffolk was the only area to not record a new case, according to the latest Public Health England data.

It also shows that 510 new cases were recorded in Bradford in the week up to 12 September. That’s the equivalent of 94.5 cases per 100,000 people - up from 77.6 in the previous week.

Other cities recording sharp increases in their weekly rate include:

Liverpool (up from 51.2 to 91.4, with 455 new cases)

Leicester (up from 56.7 to 86.4, with 306 new cases)

Sunderland (up from 61.9 to 82.5, with 229 new cases)

Must be all the Everton fans out celebrating one of their best ever seasons.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34984 on: September 15, 2020, 07:58:28 pm »
3,105 cases today and 27 deaths within the 28 days.

Death figure beginning to rise or just a daily anomaly I wonder.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34985 on: September 15, 2020, 08:09:09 pm »
try comparing Sweden to Finland or Norway, the difference in number of cases and deaths per capita is stark

It's well-known Sweden did a bad job protecting the elderly early on. That's where the deaths come from. Fortunately things are a lot better now.
If we look at cases per 100k and compare with Norway the situation is similar, I believe with a slightly higher number in Norway. Hopefully neither country will see a rapid increase in people needing hospital treatment. I don't know the situation in Norway, but we had 4 deaths and 16 people in intensive care today according to this site https://c19.se/

In addition I can add that I have been travelling through the city of Stockholm on a daily basis during this. Initially I'd say we were down to ~1/4 of normal (pre-Covid) for people using the underground. The last couple of weeks I’d estimate we are closer to 80-90% of normal. Less than 10% of people wear a mask. In that regard our numbers look really promising. The one concern now is this is bound a period of the year when the most people are likely to get infected. But the only things indicating there's a pandemic is the distance signs, the lack of available events and of course the daily reporting in the media.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34986 on: September 15, 2020, 08:11:55 pm »
I would have thought the argument would be that by the time it has travelled that far it will have dissipated so much that any that does reach another person will be a much smaller viral load.

The viral load eh. Interesting how that's come out of the ether of late. It's this weeks slogan. And just how much is a smaller viral load as against a bigger viral load ? Who's to say ? Who knows whose got a bigger viral load ? Is my load bigger than your load ?.... I am sitting here with a care worker from a hospice and he's laughing his bollox off at all of this ... Smaller viral load ... my new username. Bollox. Sorry, just completely fed up with this nonsense.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34987 on: September 15, 2020, 08:14:13 pm »
my new username. Bollox.
I'm in favour of your suggested new username. Hopefully a RAWK Admin will oblige.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #34988 on: September 15, 2020, 08:16:14 pm »
It's well-known Sweden did a bad job protecting the elderly early on. That's where the deaths come from. Fortunately things are a lot better now.
If we look at cases per 100k and compare with Norway the situation is similar, I believe with a slightly higher number in Norway. Hopefully neither country will see a rapid increase in people needing hospital treatment. I don't know the situation in Norway, but we had 4 deaths and 16 people in intensive care today according to this site https://c19.se/

In addition I can add that I have been travelling through the city of Stockholm on a daily basis during this. Initially I'd say we were down to ~1/4 of normal (pre-Covid) for people using the underground. The last couple of weeks I’d estimate we are closer to 80-90% of normal. Less than 10% of people wear a mask. In that regard our numbers look really promising. The one concern now is this is bound a period of the year when the most people are likely to get infected. But the only things indicating there's a pandemic is the distance signs, the lack of available events and of course the daily reporting in the media.

If this post is accurate regarding the volume of people in cramped spaces and lack of mask wearing I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it probably won’t end too well in a month or two’s time.

The biggest single factor here is population behaviour. I know you’re a herd immunity ghoul but no evidence whatsoever exists that Sweden is anywhere close to that.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34989 on: September 15, 2020, 08:53:34 pm »
If this post is accurate regarding the volume of people in cramped spaces and lack of mask wearing I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it probably won’t end too well in a month or two’s time.

The biggest single factor here is population behaviour. I know you’re a herd immunity ghoul but no evidence whatsoever exists that Sweden is anywhere close to that.

I just provided a link and I added personal observations.

You immediately question if it's accurate and then decided to call me a herd immunity ghoul.

I have nothing else to add.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #34990 on: September 15, 2020, 09:08:20 pm »
3,105 cases today and 27 deaths within the 28 days.

Death figure beginning to rise or just a daily anomaly I wonder.

I'd imagine there's a catch up on the weekend's numbers in there but it wouldn't surprise me if deaths are starting to rise again

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34991 on: September 15, 2020, 09:08:55 pm »
I just provided a link and I added personal observations.

You immediately question if it's accurate and then decided to call me a herd immunity ghoul.

I have nothing else to add.

And it was an interesting and balanced contribution. Highlighting both the failures and current positive situation there. I hope it continues.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34992 on: September 15, 2020, 09:10:23 pm »
There’s no need for hindsight. They’ve had six months  to prepare.

It’s madness

Thoroughly, sickeningly maddening. Fat lot of use is good, British common sense when testing capacity is up shit creek.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline FilthyBloke

• Main Stander
  • We all live. That’s enough for me.
« Reply #34993 on: September 15, 2020, 09:24:27 pm »
Something I would add...
A lot of folks have had a test kit sent out and then you post it... but make sure you use the Royal Mail postboxes that have a white sticker on it (I think it say priority box). They are designated to be used for test kits. Once the postman empties that post box he will put any test kits in a sealed bag and then hand it in at office to be sent on its way. If you use any random box, chances are the postman won’t sift through the sack of mail and it will end up being classed as ‘contaminated’ and results be inconclusive...

Schadenfreude. Pretty much sums me up.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34994 on: September 15, 2020, 09:40:20 pm »
Something I would add...
A lot of folks have had a test kit sent out and then you post it... but make sure you use the Royal Mail postboxes that have a white sticker on it (I think it say priority box). They are designated to be used for test kits. Once the postman empties that post box he will put any test kits in a sealed bag and then hand it in at office to be sent on its way. If you use any random box, chances are the postman won’t sift through the sack of mail and it will end up being classed as ‘contaminated’ and results be inconclusive...

Cheers, there is one near me and I was wondering what the priority sticker was for.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34995 on: September 15, 2020, 10:21:25 pm »
The viral load eh. Interesting how that's come out of the ether of late. It's this weeks slogan. And just how much is a smaller viral load as against a bigger viral load ? Who's to say ? Who knows whose got a bigger viral load ? Is my load bigger than your load ?.... I am sitting here with a care worker from a hospice and he's laughing his bollox off at all of this ... Smaller viral load ... my new username. Bollox. Sorry, just completely fed up with this nonsense.
The viral load has not "come out of the ether of late". It is a common term and describes the viral load in a sample. You might say the higher it is the "more infected" a person is, with effect on their health. Pretty logical really - an army of one hundred million is harder to defeat than an army of just one million, i.e. you possibly get sicker. This is not specific to Covid-19, it is how many virus infections work.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #34996 on: September 15, 2020, 10:26:45 pm »
I'd imagine there's a catch up on the weekend's numbers in there but it wouldn't surprise me if deaths are starting to rise again

There is. Testing is lagging badly. It’s taking on average 72 hours now for a result compared to 48 hours two weeks ago and 24 hours back in June.

https://twitter.com/chrisdrakeuk/status/1305944185258807296?s=21

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34997 on: September 15, 2020, 10:31:26 pm »
Not sure if your first sentence - wherever it came from - will hold up to closer inspection. BUT in Germany it was decided today that fans will be allowed back for various sports, including footy, ice hockey, handball. They agreed on a maximum of 20% of a stadium's capacity. This will be in place for a testing period of six weeks and comes with various regulations (like no travelling fans and only personalised tickets). So it looks like the Bundesliga will indeed start with fans after all, if only in small numbers.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #34998 on: September 15, 2020, 10:57:10 pm »
Hospitalisations continuing to increase, so it seems a fair guess that deaths will trend updwards as well

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 11:03:30 pm by filopastry »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #34999 on: September 15, 2020, 11:06:13 pm »
Local councils in Greater Manchester being told it's looking like 6 weeks for testing to be sorted out. Hancock would only say today 'weeks'. Would imagine that would be nationally rather than just for them. Obviously a ton of knock on effects if people are having to isolate rather than get a test, especially entering flu season.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."