Author Topic: PL:Liv 7 (SEVEN) vs 0 Man Gakpo 43’ 50’ Nunez 48’ 75’ Mo 66’ 83’ Bobby 88’  (Read 64770 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Liverpool vs Manchester United

Sunday March 5th, 4.30pm, Anfield

Referee: Andy Madley. Assistants: Adam Nunn, Harry Lennard. Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.

It isn’t the despair that kills you, they say, but the hope. This season has been a yo-yo with the odd game or two looking like a renaissance might be around the corner only for the same issues to kick back in whenever we play someone decent.

One team that’s become used to that feeling is Man United, who’ve deservedly been the butt of our jokes for most of the last nine seasons. They ran out 2-1 winners in an August game that was preceded by a march against the Glazers and began by Martinez chopping down Salah inside two minutes, after which point we never really got back into the game. I got a text from a Manc-supporting mate after the game and replied: “Let’s see what happens when you come to Anfield”.

Well, that game is upon us now and the teams feel a world away from the ones responsible for a 9-0 aggregate score last season. We've generally looked exhausted, listless, unfocused and disjointed while they’ve lost one in 11 in the league, to leaders Arsenal, as Casemiro has added authority to the midfield, Rashford is hitting what could be a career peak and Sancho has begun to look like he might not be a colossal waste of money after all. They look like they’ve finally got a good manager in and they just picked up their first silverware for a few years which will put the team on a mental high.

But this is far from cut and dried. The clubs’ league record over the last five games is pretty much equal and our defence, which has looked so shaky this season, has kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league despite the team as a whole not playing well. Even the capitulation against Real came after we dominated the first half an hour, and we've repeatedly had periods in games this season when we've suddenly flicked a switch and looked lethal again, if only for a few minutes.

So what will the teams look like? I think we’ll play much the same 11 as against Wolves, with Robbo coming in for Tsimikas and Hendo for Elliott (this may seem unlikely given Harvey's counterprssing stats but I think Fabinho's performance last night wiill give Klopp the incentive to start him with Hendo in a game this big). Bobby is fit again and is and could come into the front three, as could Gakpo.

As for the Mancs, they should start with De Gea in goal, Dalot and Shaw flanking Varane and Martinez at the back, Casemiro next to Fred in the midfield two, Fernandes at the pivot with Rashford, Weghorst and Anthony ahead. Weakened midfield or not, we have to come at them early, set the tone and have Nunez look to bully their back four at every opportunity.

We’re six points off the Champions League places with a goal in hand, and while winning it this year looks a long, long way off right now, a win here would be a huge step in the right direction, especially with Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City coming up in the next five weeks. With Qatar lining up a multibillion-pound bid for them while our own organisation is a bit up in the air, we don’t know what the future will hold for each club, but it’s Man United at home. That should be incentive enough.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2023, 06:16:19 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool vs M United
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2023, 03:32:14 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 5, 2023, 03:32:47 pm »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2023, 04:30:24 pm »
0 underway, we attack the Annie Road end in the first half.
W

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4 on: March 5, 2023, 04:31:38 pm »
Atmosphere sounds red hot
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 5, 2023, 04:31:58 pm »
1 lovely drag and turn by Gakpo before he’s taken out…no yellow… shocked I tell you

Free kick is poor and cleared
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6 on: March 5, 2023, 04:32:52 pm »
Man United impersonating Everton clattering into our players.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 5, 2023, 04:33:30 pm »
3 Salahs and Elliot interchange on the right, Eliot in space the box and whips the shot in….sadly it’s blocked
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 5, 2023, 04:35:11 pm »
5 belted ball forwards by Allison …a bit of head tennis but Mo manages to wriggle away, but it runs away from him and goes behind
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2023, 04:35:45 pm »
5 belted ball forwards by Allison …a bit of head tennis but Mo manages to wriggle away, but it runs away from him and goes behind
Competing well in these early stages

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 5, 2023, 04:36:56 pm »
6 corner after good work by Robbo….

Comes to Virgil but he’s underneath it.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 5, 2023, 04:38:55 pm »
8 go attacking play here, Elliot and Darwin with a one two in the area,, doesn’t quite come off…

All reds right now, but we’ve got to watch for the break
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 5, 2023, 04:39:50 pm »
9 shot form 20 yards by Anthony which Alisson turns behind

Cleared at the front post

Casemiro is struggling a bit here…
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 5, 2023, 04:44:15 pm »
14 good attacking play, it breaks, Fabinho nabs it, feeds Mo who cuts into the area and shoots over
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 5, 2023, 04:44:51 pm »
The only fear I have at the moment is we have to take our chances when we're on top. So many teams have failed to do that against United this season.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 5, 2023, 04:45:14 pm »
Why are they time wasting so much already? Thought they’d be more ambitious, shit house tactics aside

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 5, 2023, 04:45:34 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 5, 2023, 04:46:48 pm »
15 We are playing well in their area, getting balls in and across the box, but this time the ball put across Trent cannot keep in. Goal kick to United.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 5, 2023, 04:48:01 pm »
The only fear I have at the moment is we have to take our chances when we're on top. So many teams have failed to do that against United this season.
We’ve started really well all things considered. Hope we can keep it up and as you say we need to get ahead while on top

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 5, 2023, 04:48:26 pm »
17 How many fouls is the ref allowing them to do on our players today? Eventually we get a free kick when Salah is pushed over.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 5, 2023, 04:49:32 pm »
18 Some really good play from a corner. I'm not sure how we managed to keep it in, but the ball ends up going across the goal.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 5, 2023, 04:50:41 pm »
19 United attempting to use Rashford again and get a corner. Van Dijk not  happy with the linesman there. The corner is cleared.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 5, 2023, 04:52:04 pm »
21 A really good defensive header there from Konate.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 5, 2023, 04:53:19 pm »
22 Nearest we've come some great play from Gakpo and Elliot, lovely feet from Elliot. The ball is too high for Nunez to finish off though.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 5, 2023, 04:54:21 pm »
23 Some good interplay between Trent and Robbo, but Robbo can't find the target in the end.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 5, 2023, 04:55:40 pm »
WTF? I’ve seen reds given for that…nothing
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #26 on: March 5, 2023, 04:55:52 pm »
 ;D

No foul apparently
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 5, 2023, 04:56:10 pm »
25 WTF? Salah pushes the ball past Martinez who then elbows him in the face and it's no free kick!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #28 on: March 5, 2023, 04:56:14 pm »
Genuinely as gobsmacked as Mo was. What does he have to do - get killed, literally?!  :o :wanker

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 5, 2023, 04:56:37 pm »
How the fuck is that not a foul on Salah. Fuck off

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #30 on: March 5, 2023, 04:57:29 pm »
How the fuck is that not a foul on Salah. Fuck off
utter joke, it seems and elbow to the chin is now acceptable!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 5, 2023, 04:57:43 pm »
26 Rashford attempts to come between our central defenders but his shot is very tame and Alisson catches it.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #32 on: March 5, 2023, 04:58:10 pm »
Nunez needs to get in the game, far too timid.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 5, 2023, 04:58:35 pm »
Fabinho really playing like his old self so far today…. Nunez not really got into the game so far though
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 5, 2023, 04:59:09 pm »
28 Sky trying to say United have been on top of the last couple of minutes. Utter garbage. We are still controlling the game, but we need to find a goal.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 5, 2023, 04:59:34 pm »
This lot will be hoping we'll wear ourselves out so they can pick us off in the 2nd half. We need to score soon.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 5, 2023, 05:01:00 pm »
30 We get a free kick, but it's not very well worked, United break but Konate does well and puts the ball out.

Over to Sir Bob.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 5, 2023, 05:01:49 pm »
Fabinho really playing like his old self so far today…. Nunez not really got into the game so far though
Was just about to say the same about Fabinho, has broken things up well needs to keep the energy up

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #38 on: March 5, 2023, 05:02:59 pm »
32 Ref quick enough to give them a free kick after a tackle by Gakpo. It’s swung in and headed on but easy for Ali. Gary Neville desperate for them to be on top.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #39 on: March 5, 2023, 05:03:37 pm »
33 We try and play out and Fab gets caught but we get away with it