Author Topic: The Stadium Tour  (Read 37441 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: The Stadium Tour
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2023, 07:28:13 pm »
That's a shame. As 18 yard line said, the guides have always been excellent whenever I've gone on the tour. Genuine knowledge and a love for all things LFC.
the first tour I did was fantastic, loved the interaction with the guide, loved the stories about Shanks and why the old home dressing room was as it was.

The self-guided tour whilst OK and did allow you to go more at your own pace lacked a bit for me, the personal touch. We went the Tuesday after the August bank holiday in 2022, don't think there were any games on the day

It is what it is though and it's good to know there is still the chance of a guided tour. Personally I'd pay extra for a guided tour
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2023, 08:59:12 pm »
Going Friday with my son which will be his first time and mine in about 20 years. Can't wait. Can we take photos on our phones or restricted to paying for a photo?
Football is a lie

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2023, 11:07:50 pm »
As far as I remember the only restrictions on taking your own photos are when trophies are on show. Optional extra charge to have a photo taken by a tour photographer.
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2023, 09:32:49 am »
Cool, thanks
Football is a lie

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2023, 03:28:17 pm »
This might be useful.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/06/every-liverpool-fc-mural-and-where-to-find-them-in-the-city/

I believe there is a new book out called 'The Art of LFC' which is said to feature the murals and also many of our banners. I've not seen the book myself yet, so can't vouch for how helpful that may be to you. I'll have a look at it in town tomorrow if I see it.

Red Dagger
5 months ago
I am very surprised that Diaz have one and Mane does not.

That's a fair point. Mane absolutely should have one.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline pguyo

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2024, 07:00:43 pm »
Hi,

If I went in a stadium tour ay 10am would I make a 2.30pm flight from liverpool?
Id like to be at airport for 1pm latest. How long does the tour last?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2024, 07:08:38 pm »
Hi,

If I went in a stadium tour ay 10am would I make a 2.30pm flight from liverpool?
Id like to be at airport for 1pm latest. How long does the tour last?
It's self guided so it's hard to say exactly as it would depend how many other people are doing it at some of the pinch points were you might have to wait to enter certain areas. Plus obviously how much of the audio visual guide you have. I'd probably say you'd need 2 hours minimum to enjoy it. There's also the museum which you'd get access to as well.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline pguyo

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2024, 07:43:09 pm »
It's self guided so it's hard to say exactly as it would depend how many other people are doing it at some of the pinch points were you might have to wait to enter certain areas. Plus obviously how much of the audio visual guide you have. I'd probably say you'd need 2 hours minimum to enjoy it. There's also the museum which you'd get access to as well.

Thanks for that. Much appreciated. Its probably something I dont want to rush. I did the tour 15 yrs ago and bringing my daughter for her first time. Might push the flight out and do a walkaround the murals also with her.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2024, 08:40:45 pm »
Heading to the Brighton game and Liverpool for the weekend with the wife and kids, first time back at Anfield since Brendan Rodgers first game! (thanks kids and mortgage  ;D ) We are going to do the tour all being well on the Monday, cant wait!
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #129 on: April 3, 2024, 11:00:34 am »
I did it in November and ours was guided - I don't remember picking it specifically as an option so it may be the luck of the draw?

Really enjoyed the museum as well, slightly morbid but made me wish my dad was still alive as he would have been to Anfield and seen some of those players I was too young to remember. There's also a bit of memorabilia at the Museum of Liverpool (which is absolutely worth it to anyone visiting the city who hasn't been).

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2024, 10:13:31 am »
Did the tour last Friday as part of a few days hosting a student group (definitely wouldn't recommend herding sixteen students through a football stadium on Friday afternoon when you've got a bus waiting and are on a tight schedule!). I'd done it with my two pre-teen cousins a few years ago and thought the self-guided arrangement was decent - to an extent, I could manage their pace and the photo-opportunities, etc. Felt a little different as part of a larger group though, and that it would have been a much better experience if we'd progressed through as a group - there's probably quite a lot of the handheld AV stuff that could have been skipped in favour of in-person commentary, with signposting just to some key moments (pre-match YNWA for example).