Author Topic: Benefit Fraud, serious offence ?  (Read 5625 times)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Would you report benefit fraud?
« Reply #80 on: July 8, 2022, 01:26:26 pm »
Quite simply no.

Benefit fraud is an absolutely tiny problem in comparison to large corporations tax dodging.

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: July 8, 2022, 01:26:56 pm »
No.

Snitches get stitches.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: July 8, 2022, 01:35:55 pm »
No because you really have no idea what their disability issues are. 

Many people are able to do heavy lifting, play sport or go on holiday but it doesn't mean they're capable of holding down a full time job.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 8, 2022, 01:38:28 pm »
Snitches get stitches.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #84 on: July 8, 2022, 02:13:21 pm »
Snitches get stitches.

Yeah but grasses get masses
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 8, 2022, 02:15:58 pm »
No - I worked with a fella (Tory) who was loaded and delighted in the fact that his accountant had ensured he never ever paid full tax, people like him, to me, are worse. The Tories waste billions each year, they give contracts worth hundreds of millions to mates, the rich cream billions off, they hide money all over the place.

If the Government properly funded the relevant departments, then there should be enough staff to clamp down on people who are fiddling.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #86 on: July 8, 2022, 02:28:37 pm »
It is because of some assholes like these that some other person with an actual disability has to apply twice or thrice.

Report their sorry ass, watch them cry out all the stolen money and dont look back.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #87 on: July 8, 2022, 02:32:20 pm »
It is because of some assholes like these that some other person with an actual disability has to apply twice or thrice.

Report their sorry ass, watch them cry out all the stolen money and dont look back.

No it isn't. It's because the system is rigged.

Fuck snitching.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 8, 2022, 02:48:13 pm »

Sorry mate but that is wrong and is the lies the Tories spread to turn us on each other.

This is the exact statement written by a doctor on the report when a mate of mine was denied Disability living allowance "Mr Hxxxxxxxx is a healthy 27 yr old male who is in need of a kidney transplant". Both his kidneys had failed, he was on dialysis and couldn't leave the house. We had to resubmit his claim saying he was shitting the bed and his Mum was having to clean it up to get the money. Luckily, he got the life saving transplant (RIP to the beautiful donor)

My Mum was absolutely wrecked with back issues, but because she didn't know how to play the game, she got nothing. She was too honest and they only look at an answer but not the context, she could go shopping, but every step was agony, but she was too proud to say it. When I was awaiting heart surgery, I had to lie like mad on my forms. I could walk more than the 25 metres they used as the maximum distance you can , but I'd then sleep for 3 hours as I was that shattered, but if they knew that I could walk more than 25 metres, I'd have been refused any money.

I was watching a video the other day, they were trying to get this woman a job with Royal Mail as a delivery driver, because she had done it before. She asked would some one else drive the car, no you will, oh how does that work then? Well, you get given a van and do the deliveries, OK, but as you know, IM BLIND !!!! Oh, that might be a problem :butt
« Last Edit: July 8, 2022, 02:53:36 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 8, 2022, 02:56:02 pm »

On the face of what Port_Vale_Lad has said, it's easy to make the conclusion that this guy is a scrounging c*nt and is playing the system. But as Debs said, we don't know his disability. Does he have a wife/partner who works and contributes towards these holidays? How much are the trips costing him, does he save the payments he is getting every month to afford them and sacrifice doing other activities in order to afford it?
Being on benefits doesn't mean you have to sit at home all day every day, and not every benefit recipient spends the money on cigarettes, drink and drugs no matter what the Daily Mail says. 

Personally, it's none of my business what any one else does, so I'd keep my nose out of it. Go after the rich c*nts that live in tax havens and the big companies like Starbucks and Amazon instead.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #90 on: July 8, 2022, 03:05:58 pm »
Sounds like he isn't a bad neighbour, isn't rude, whatever he makes gets spent in his house and isn't part of some bigger fraud

probably wouldn't report him

if he was rude and just plain anti social and ruined the environment for all his neighbours then fuck him

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 8, 2022, 03:15:06 pm »
100%

If anyone has a friend or family member who only gets a portion of what they need to survive because someone else is illegally robbing the taxpayer (you and me) of funds then you'll understand.

You can't stand there and complain that governments waste tonnes of money every year and condone people who benefit from that waste.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 8, 2022, 03:20:17 pm »

You have absolutely no idea whether this guy has disabilities or not, or what the disabilities are. Not all are immediately visibile (if at all).

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #93 on: July 8, 2022, 03:28:23 pm »
Absolutely not.  As others have said, you have no idea what the disability is.  There are many hidden disabilities.  I have severe mental health problems but the vast majority of folks would have no idea if they met me.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 8, 2022, 03:36:02 pm »
I technically have a disasbility that is completely invisible to the eye. It's not one that stops me working, but the point is you wouldn't have clue about it by looking at me.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #95 on: July 8, 2022, 03:39:11 pm »
You dont know if his holidays and season ticket are paid for by savings as well, or even something like compensation which caused his disability in the first place. Hell of a thing to talk about 'shopping' someone, particularly if he's a nice bloke.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #96 on: July 8, 2022, 04:19:33 pm »
No. Leave the fella alone.

I also have a disability that has blighted my entire life. An onlooker would never know though.

Also, it's extremely difficult for the 'little guy' to play the system now anyway. The ones really playing it are the rich tax dodgers. Facts are, you can have terminal cancer now, and these twats would declare you fit for work.

Basically, we don't know this fellas full situation, and it's none of our business anyway.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 8, 2022, 04:25:03 pm »
No!     As others Have said you don’t know what is happening/happened in his life!  Are you jealous that he is “getting away with it”

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 8, 2022, 04:28:02 pm »
Absolutely not.  As others have said, you have no idea what the disability is.  There are many hidden disabilities.  I have severe mental health problems but the vast majority of folks would have no idea if they met me.
Same here. Mental health issues completely ruined my life. To look at me you wouldn't know. I can do a garden, service a car, paint a house etc, but disability comes in many forms.

I've also been a shambling wreck, curled up in a ball on the floor crying my eyes out alone, but no one sees that side of things. No one sees you when you are sat at the end of your bed with a noose in your hand and a head full of chaos.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 8, 2022, 04:31:34 pm »
Also worth pointing out that people who are struggling with something will often put on a brave face in front of others and make it appear like they are doing fine - maybe in this case doing such a good job of putting a brave face on it could end up costing them if someone decides there is obviously nothing wrong with them and reports them.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #100 on: July 8, 2022, 04:35:03 pm »
I wouldn't pile on the lad too much. He's not saying he's going to, he's asking the question and what people's thoughts are on the matter. It's clearly causing him inner contention and who can honestly say they've not had jealous or simply not-nice thoughts about others who seem to be coasting through unchecked when they're a dickhead (not saying that about this guy).

I've a former mate who abandoned his missus and child because he didn't fancy the responsibility, has an absolute tonne of high-end vehicles for his business on the knock and makes great money but somehow pays the absolute minimum of tax and child support because he doesn't want to contribute. I've certainly had moments where I've not been at my best and wished that he'd get investigated and have to actually pay his way and support the child properly rather than with measly handouts to his ex that is less for the kid for a month than he spends in the boozer of a weekend. So I understand the sentiment, even if I personally wouldn't do anything about it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 8, 2022, 04:36:37 pm »
Just to give a tad more context he claims for a bad back, he has done ever since iv known him for the last 10 years or so but that doesn't stop him laying paving slabs, mixing cement, felling trees.

His lady claims disability as well now i dont know exactly what she claims for but she justs sits in the yard all day smoking rollies.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 8, 2022, 04:37:56 pm »
Just to give a tad more context he claims for a bad back, he has done ever since iv known him for the last 10 years or so but that doesn't stop him laying paving slabs, mixing cement, felling trees.

His lady claims disability as well now i dont know exactly what she claims for but she justs sits in the yard all day smoking rollies.

This is the detail that was needed in the original post, along with the bit about carrying slabs.

It might have changed a lot of the responses to you.....

Online Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #103 on: July 8, 2022, 04:44:52 pm »
This is the detail that was needed in the original post, along with the bit about carrying slabs.

It might have changed a lot of the responses to you.....

Still wouldn't report him.  As for his misses she can spend her money on whatever she likes - nobody else's business.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 8, 2022, 04:47:37 pm »
Still wouldn't report him.  As for his misses she can spend her money on whatever she likes - nobody else's business.

Yeah I wouldn't either, but it does make it look a bit more suspicious.

Frankly though I don't really care if a few people are getting away with it, there are much bigger fish to fry.

Online Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #105 on: July 8, 2022, 04:48:11 pm »
Also - unless you've seen him fill in his claim form, or attended any meetings he has had with the DWP, then you simply don't know what he is claiming for.  Just because he's told you he has a bad back doesn't mean he doesn't have any other, hidden disabilities.  Most people aren't very forthcoming when it comes to mental health issues, for example.

Please don't report him. 

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 8, 2022, 04:58:22 pm »
What benefit would you get out of reporting him?
Say you did and he got sanctioned, which you wouldn't know about unless he volunteered that information to you, would it make you feel any better?
If he's a nice bloke, and told you face to face that someone ratted him out, would you be able to stand there with a straight face knowing it was you and lie to him?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 8, 2022, 05:12:51 pm »
Also - unless you've seen him fill in his claim form, or attended any meetings he has had with the DWP, then you simply don't know what he is claiming for.  Just because he's told you he has a bad back doesn't mean he doesn't have any other, hidden disabilities.  Most people aren't very forthcoming when it comes to mental health issues, for example.

Please don't report him.
Again, I agree.

What some people tell you they are out of work for is not always the only or even the real reason.

Also, anyone who has been through, or helped others to attend, work capability assessments will know just how difficult it is to get benefits these days. They've declared thousands of clearly disabled people fit for work. Some have then died soon after.

The system is there to screw the claimant these days. It's heavily loaded against those who need benefits.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #108 on: July 8, 2022, 06:03:12 pm »
No, I nearly died on Universal Credit as a LEGIT person signed up

I believe in universal benefit for all

Fuck the system

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 8, 2022, 06:14:43 pm »
Exactly what is says on the tin really.

Could you, with a clean conscience report someone who you believed was milking the system for all its worth.

Someone who claims disability but has no qualms about carrying paving stones around and erecting sheds.

Someone who can jet off around the world for a couple of holidays each year and can also afford a season ticket to a championship club.

Or are you of the belief that what goes around comes around and karma will eventually feck him with a 12 inch dildo.

To make it slightly trickier, he's a nice bloke and we get on really well, just boils my piss a bit when i get home after a 10 hour shift and he's sat on a lounger in the back yard swigging a beer talking to his lad on the phone about how nice Cancun was.

Would feel shitty to report anybody to be honest but it's not fair is it?

Not sure why anybody would grass a person who they get on with,especially a good neighbour.

If you do grass and he has to move,you might end up with a bunch of students.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #110 on: July 8, 2022, 06:50:29 pm »

Love it  :lmao

(not seen that one before)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 8, 2022, 08:27:15 pm »
The guy you explained about I would as he's taking the piss.

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #112 on: July 8, 2022, 09:27:21 pm »
You say he's claiming for a bad back, is this what he has told you himself or something you've found out from other sources? Also, when you've spoken to him has he ever come across in an odd way or does he seem pretty normal? I agree about what some others have said about him maybe claiming for something else but he doesn't want to tell you in case it changes things between you's/is too personal; for example, if he has schizophrenia he's not gonna want to tell you that because of the known stigma against it. But I can also certainly understand your point of view as well as if it is a bad back he is clearly taking the piss and that's not on.
But given he's your neighbour and you get on I think it could do more harm than good to report him, so probably best left alone.

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #113 on: July 8, 2022, 10:05:58 pm »
Personally, it's none of my business what any one else does, so I'd keep my nose out of it. Go after the rich c*nts that live in tax havens and the big companies like Starbucks and Amazon instead.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 9, 2022, 07:20:02 am »
No, I nearly died on Universal Credit as a LEGIT person signed up

I believe in universal benefit for all

Fuck the system

My missus lost her job in April and she signed up for UC, fuck me, it's not a benefit, its fucking evil. I got a hardship payment from work to help through the crisis, they've done it for all staff under a certain wage and the fuckers took it off her money :butt

Anyone who can fiddle this system, good fucking luck, because these c*nts are withholding millions upon millions of money that is legit owed to people.

FOAD you Tory c*nts

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #115 on: July 9, 2022, 08:57:04 am »
My missus lost her job in April and she signed up for UC, fuck me, it's not a benefit, its fucking evil. I got a hardship payment from work to help through the crisis, they've done it for all staff under a certain wage and the fuckers took it off her money :butt

Anyone who can fiddle this system, good fucking luck, because these c*nts are withholding millions upon millions of money that is legit owed to people.

FOAD you Tory c*nts

Bah. Sorry to hear that fella, good luck to your missus and you. My experience was years ago now and it hasn't improved.

-

It's us vs them. And they started it. There's a lot of systemic issues with UC you can only chalk up to malice, and my experience was years ago now when it was on trial and they didn't make it better. You don't have to look far for their scandals. It isn't fit for purpose.

There is a general sentiment to it especially compared to the old JSA that you are wrong to be claiming anything.

I'm not saying someone claiming disability falsely is a Robin Hood figure

I'm not even gonna claim it's ethical!

I'm saying it would be none of my business if a private citizen, no matter how odious, ripped off the Conservative state.

As for the OP. You are projecting. You get home from a hard day of work and... So what. You don't know him. What business is it of yours? It's not your money.

We already live in a society where the most in need are fucked over by the state. We don't actually need to be doing it to eachother. Go grass up an actual criminal or something, if you must

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Re: Benefit Fraud, serious offence ?
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2022, 06:21:52 pm »
My next door neighbor is on full disability benefits that covers him and his family. He builds bits and pieces of furniture and also built a retaining wall for his above ground pool outside his house with a brother in law. To look at him without knowing anything you might think he was scheming the system. He is ex US army and was badly shot in Afghanistan with severe concussion. He can do a few things for a while but then has to stop and he finds it hard to string sentences together in the afternoon as his brain starts to get a bit scrambled. Brilliant guy and I got all that through a few long conversations with him. The neighbor in question may well have a huge back story you just don’t know.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2022, 08:22:48 pm »
Depends doesn’t it?

People who clearly have actual disabilities and are fucked over by the government to the point that they’ve been forced into having to play the system? Of course I’d never report it.

People like this, however, can go and fuck themselves:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/amp/psychic-wrongly-claims-114k-benefits-8708/

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2022, 10:06:45 pm »
If someone admits to it, brags about it, makes it 100% clear that they're claiming what they're not entitled to, then it's clearly a reportable offence in my book.

But if you're not sure, if there's any doubt at all, give them the benefit (literally!)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2022, 08:00:54 am »
If someone admits to it, brags about it, makes it 100% clear that they're claiming what they're not entitled to, then it's clearly a reportable offence in my book.

But if you're not sure, if there's any doubt at all, give them the benefit (literally!)

My missus lost her job in April, so far she's had one Universal Credit payment, two months on the run not a thing because I got a hardship payment and a long service bonus and now Aprils payment is being taken off her due to them fucking up, so basically she's had 3 JSA payments, its shit. Luckily she's now got a job, so we now know what is coming in. With what we've seen with UC, anyone who can beat these c*nts then fair fucks, they are doing everything they can to NOT give people benefits, so anyone who cons them, well done.

The flights to Rwanda have cost us as taxpayers £120million so far and no-one has been on one. Someone fiddling £10k is peanuts compared to that waste/theft, never mind the theft of £billions by the Tory c*nts during the pandemic and the £billions stripped from the economy by them.