Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 575304 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
‘I wonder if Mo said something about his age’ :lmao :lmao

Only made possible on Rawk.  :D It's up there with the conspiracies about clyne last year, Mane and Salah not wanting to pass one another, Shaqiri  having pissed off Klopp,etc...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Only made possible on Rawk.  :D It's up there with the conspiracies about clyne last year, Mane and Salah not wanting to pass one another, Shaqiri  having pissed off Klopp,etc...

It’s not, it’s far worse  ;D

It’s so stupid I still think it’s a fishing trip that I myself would have been immensely proud of
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
It’s not, it’s far worse  ;D

It’s so stupid I still think it’s a fishing trip that I myself would have been immensely proud of

''Oi, Milny, you old tw@t, you can't even walk out of bed, let me take this pen la''

Surely that's what Mo was saying to him. Surely

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Hopefully on Friday provided we start well,  Mo will get the chance to fill his boots.  Want to see a lightning start against Huddersfield, 2-0 inside 20 minutes.   Mo can then get to work on his golden boot.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
''Oi, Milny, you old tw@t, you can't even walk out of bed, let me take this pen la''

Surely that's what Mo was saying to him. Surely

"I'm taking this you geriatric c*nt. It'll be full time by the time you finish you're run up."

Pretty sure that's what he said.

You can’t actually see Mo’s mouth in the footage but, judging by his jaw movements, I’m pretty sure that’s what he said.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Give him a new contract please

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
So good to see him just take the ball off Mo and tell him to fuck off like that. Glad I didn't see it on telly... would have screamed even louder than I did for the back pass which was almost primal (until I saw the replay).

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
I loved the one about how Mane pointing to his back in his celebration showed he wanted to go to Madrid ;D
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Give him a new contract please

I bet that there's one on the table & I think that he is waiting to see if Leeds get promoted before deciding,if I were him then I would want to end my career back there.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
I bet that there's one on the table & I think that he is waiting to see if Leeds get promoted before deciding,if I were him then I would want to end my career back there.

20m if Leeds come looking for him.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
Dead right. Like I said in another post, If we were 4-0 up at the time then no problem at all giving it to Mo then as the game is already won. But imagine Mo takes the pen, misses and they go down the other end and score.

Yup this is my thoughts, quite annoying to see Mo sulking over this. If it was even 2-0 with 8 mins to go i would have given it to him but its fucking 1-0 and we cant afford to miss and no offence Mo but youve missed a couple and barely squeezed a couple in whereas Milner is calm as fuck and usually slots them home. This penalty killed the game but if we missed it or had it saved Cardiff would have gone full pelt for a goal.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Very professional as always.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
‘I wonder if Mo said something about his age’ :lmao :lmao

Apparently it’s a reference to van dijk taking the piss out of him in training for being so old.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
If we win something this season, he's the Gary Mac of 2001 by the way lads.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
Honestly of all the players that I’ve seen in a red shirt he’s the one I’ve been completely wrong about. I was totally unimpressed when he signed for us as I thought he was just another journeyman picking up big wages for average play before eventually being moved on. I was so wrong. He’s been dedicated and consistent with a huge amount of grit and determination that’d been lacking in the squad as well as versatile. I’ll genuinely be sad to lose him when he eventually goes as he’s a great player who sets a high standard of professionalism for the rest of the squad to follow.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Didn't see the Mo stuff for the penalty on the telly. I'm glad he took it off him if that's what transpired. No fucking way anyone but Milli Vanilli is taking pens if he's on the pitch.
The guy is an absolute boss. Best free transfer ever?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:07:36 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
Didn't see the Mo stuff for the penalty on the telly. I'm glad he took it off him if that's what transpired. No fucking way anyone but Milli Vanilli is taking pens if he's on the pitch.
The guy is an absolute boss. Best free transfer ever?

Nothing in it, just other fans (and Egyptians) trying to make something of it.  Salah grabs the ball and Milner just goes over to him and takes it off him, small exchange of words and Mo look disappointed but I would expect him too as he is a goal scorer.

Its all Fabinho fault thou, if he doesn't get injured Milners not on the pitch to take it  ;)

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Milner has been very consistent and professional since he joined Liverpool.
YNWA

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Huh? I thought he is a designated penalty taker for Liverpool FC and everyone knows it?
Especially our players on the pitch.

p/s: They are aaaallll professionals and being paid millions compared to what we earn. Move on.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
I love Milner so much. He's the penalty taker, simple as that. Totally understand Mo wanting to take it but it's Milner's job and he decides if he wants to give it up or not.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Loved it me. Reminded me of that debate between Henderson sturridge and balotelli over a penalty under Rodgers. Only the opposite. Decisive moment settled in moments. Lovely stuff. Would love at least another year out of him but suspect if Leeds come up he'll be off. Fantastic player.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
I was totally against his signing at the time because we signed him specifically to play in midfield and I was never impressed with him there. Always gave us a hard time when he came on the wings with City but central midfield was a different ballpark. Oh boy how wrong I was. It's gonna be very hard to replace his grit and determination in the middle. His feet ain't that bad either for an old man ;D. Let's hope he stays on at least another year.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
What is all this Leeds speculation based on ? There's fuck all linking him to a move away from Liverpool. It just strikes me as sentimental nonsense on the back of him being a Leeds supporter.

Maybe he can go to Leeds after a couple of years (after winning a few medals), but he'd be doing his career a huge disservice if he moved there now. He's definitely not at a stage where he should be left scrapping for relegation contenders.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
His celebration :lmao

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
What is all this Leeds speculation based on ? There's fuck all linking him to a move away from Liverpool. It just strikes me as sentimental nonsense on the back of him being a Leeds supporter.

Maybe he can go to Leeds after a couple of years (after winning a few medals), but he'd be doing his career a huge disservice if he moved there now. He's definitely not at a stage where he should be left scrapping for relegation contenders.

He'll be 34 in the middle of next season. Even for an iron-man like him, his physical speed is going to decline rapidly once the decline starts, and that will put him out of contention for a team that plays at a high intensity and pace. It wouldn't be a shock for him to go end of season, especially if we win one or both of the two trophies we're still on for.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Honestly of all the players that I’ve seen in a red shirt he’s the one I’ve been completely wrong about. I was totally unimpressed when he signed for us as I thought he was just another journeyman picking up big wages for average play before eventually being moved on. I was so wrong. He’s been dedicated and consistent with a huge amount of grit and determination that’d been lacking in the squad as well as versatile. I’ll genuinely be sad to lose him when he eventually goes as he’s a great player who sets a high standard of professionalism for the rest of the squad to follow.

Can't agree more. I admit that when he first arrived I was unimpressed as he seemed like he was another "prem proven" Rodgers buy. And his initial midfield performances under Rodgers were poor as were our performances in general. He has been great in Klopp's system and in midfield too. I was shocked at how well he fit into midfield after a season at left back that was dutifully executed but not stellar. It's a testament to Milner and Klopp that he has become such an impactful player for us in midfield.

I hope he gets a chance to win the league and the CL with us before he goes to Leeds (if that rumour is true).
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
I love Milner so much. He's the penalty taker, simple as that. Totally understand Mo wanting to take it but it's Milner's job and he decides if he wants to give it up or not.

Such a contrast to Balotelli and Henderson in 2015. Nice to see there is professionalism and respect in the squad
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Huh? I thought he is a designated penalty taker for Liverpool FC and everyone knows it?
Especially our players on the pitch.

p/s: They are aaaallll professionals and being paid millions compared to what we earn. Move on.

Yeah but at the start of the game Mo was more than likely named as the penno taker.

It's no big deal.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You speak like he has years left in him.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

You speak like he has years left in him.
This is no mere mortal - decades is the minimum Milner measure of time...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I wish we got him all those years ago before City bought him.

What a signing he has been.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
This is no mere mortal - decades is the minimum Milner measure of time...

He's juicin'. :)

Ribena time.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan

It's based on :

• His contract hasn't been renewed (yet) which makes people think he might leave
  • Leeds are in a playoff position spot to be promoted
  • He's 33 going on 34. As fit and robust as he is, it won't last forever and while he's a great player for us, he isn't an automatic starter and is often used as a utility player or impact sub
  • He has openly declared previously that he is a Leeds fan and follows their games reasonably closely, so much so that our manager and captain have both remarked on it in pre-match notes etc.

In fairness, I think he's just focussing on finishing the season strongly before deciding his future. I think it'll also depend on what happens to Leeds which is far from certain too. There's also no guarantee that Bielsa will want to sign him either. The most important thing is that he keeps producing his best for us in the remaining games. I really hope we win some silverware because he, along with many others, deserve to win something for our remarkable season.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
I think he'll play on for another 5 or 6 years and has atleast a good 2 or 3 years before his levels drop atleast. His fitness is the most robust in our current squad, despite him being 33+. I think we'll offer him a short contract but it'll be down to him if he wants to stay on.

Offline RedGreen

• Main Stander
  • Cautiously Klopptimistic - Resistance is Futile
If we win something this season, he's the Gary Mac of 2001 by the way lads.

I was just planning to post this myself. It's impossible to over-state the importance of a calm, old head in these circumstances when the younger players are in danger of being overwhelmed by the magnitude of the opportunity to make history. The chance to win a title is not unlike the chance to win a game by scoring from a penalty kick - you've got to stay calm and hold your nerve, like Gary Mac did then and Millie is doing now; it's PRICELESS! And we also have Virgil and Hendo in the leadership locker!:wave
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:00:11 am by RedGreen »
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Milner would be a legend if we win a title this season. You can't understate his importance to the development of this team over the past few seasons.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Yup this is my thoughts, quite annoying to see Mo sulking over this.
What a load of shite. For all you know Klopp might have told Mo before the game that he was the designated penalty taker for the game, as Milner was not playing. Mo could simply have been making that point, with Milner replying that those instructions no longer apply once he came on. Or maybe not. Who knows?

None of us know what went on so stop making things up. We have enough calumny heaped upon Mo from rival fans and the media without our own fans queuing up.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
It's based on :

• His contract hasn't been renewed (yet) which makes people think he might leave
  • Leeds are in a playoff position spot to be promoted
  • He's 33 going on 34. As fit and robust as he is, it won't last forever and while he's a great player for us, he isn't an automatic starter and is often used as a utility player or impact sub
  • He has openly declared previously that he is a Leeds fan and follows their games reasonably closely, so much so that our manager and captain have both remarked on it in pre-match notes etc.

In fairness, I think he's just focussing on finishing the season strongly before deciding his future. I think it'll also depend on what happens to Leeds which is far from certain too. There's also no guarantee that Bielsa will want to sign him either. The most important thing is that he keeps producing his best for us in the remaining games. I really hope we win some silverware because he, along with many others, deserve to win something for our remarkable season.

I thought his contract was due to run out at the end of next season. If it's at the end of this season then obviously I am talking out of my arse as usual. Carry on.

I just think he has a lot to offer this team for a couple of seasons at least. Although PoP is probably right that the decline could be swift and sudden.

I am a bit biased cause he's one of my favourite players at the club; one of the very few with whom it's hard not to build an emotional connection despite all the cynicism about the modern game.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
I reckon Milner will get a year's extension regardless of the outcome of this season. You can't overstate his value in the dressing room, even if his minutes are reduced next season.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Definitely deserves another contract 1 year with optional second year.
YNWA