Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 578237 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
The first two havent been integrated yet, Lallana hasnt played for donkys years but I give you Shaqiri.
My point was that injury to Milner is a blow, another poster was making it like its nothing.

Keita has been playing more than enough to compensate the loss of Milner and the fact that we have 5 players capable of playing AGAINST Huddersfield and Cardiff, is not that big of a blow, so you can even rotate properly for the European fixtures as well until his return.

It's not that big of a deal because of who we are playing so yes it's nothing compared to what it could have been had he gotten injured 10 days ago

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
^ ha ha :D

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
Tough little bastard, Naby Keita would still be in a London hospital under observation..

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
Almost knocks himself out colliding with Joe Gomez and moments laters he's up winning headers. He's more vital this season than most would of imagined.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
Almost knocks himself out colliding with Joe Gomez and moments laters he's up winning headers. He's more vital this season than most would of imagined.
Agree with that, he was excellent particularly towards the back end of last season and has carried that form into this.

I thought he was one of the players whose place was under threat after the purchases this summer.

Didn't have his greatest game yesterday, but still popped up with a vital goal, something our MF need to do more of.

Its no wonder Klopp loves him, been a true warrior this year and undoubtedly providing the most steel centrally.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
i only laughed when he continued playing with his nose probably broken...

a real warrior and fantastic rolemodel for any football player.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
He's an absolute warrior but he's also causing a good level of the problems in midfield at the moment.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
i only laughed when he continued playing with his nose probably broken...

a real warrior and fantastic rolemodel for any football player.
Milner cheats. He can twist the space-time continuum around his broken nose so that it doesn't hurt.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
14 league goals now for us (in 107 games), his highest tally at any of his clubs.

13 in 147 @ Man City
12 in 100 @ Villa
6 in 94 @ Newcastle
5 in 48 @ Leeds
2 in 6 @ Swindon

Still needs 4 more to match his all comps record (he's currently on 18, got 22 @ Villa).
« Last Edit: November 4, 2018, 11:01:52 pm by Xabi Gerrard »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
He's an absolute warrior but he's also causing a good level of the problems in midfield at the moment.

You can say that about absolutely any of our eight right-footed central midfielders forced into playing on the left side of a midfield three.

Take it up with the manager and the scouting department for failing to sign a left-footed central midfielder three years into this reign, not Milner.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
We ran him in to the ground earlier in the season and he hasn't been the same since (and picked up a knock or two). Being managed a bit weirdly I think, we "rested" him v Southampton then still brought him on at half time 3-0 up then played him in the league cup days later!  ;D Not sure it's helped him or us. At least he has internationals off I suppose but I defo think we could be managing his game time a bit better.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
We ran him in to the ground earlier in the season and he hasn't been the same since (and picked up a knock or two). Being managed a bit weirdly I think, we "rested" him v Southampton then still brought him on at half time 3-0 up then played him in the league cup days later!  ;D Not sure it's helped him or us. At least he has internationals off I suppose but I defo think we could be managing his game time a bit better.

We brought him on that game because Klopp wasnt happy with the shape of the midfield. Its like Klopp is more concerned with being solid than us being fluid.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
We brought him on that game because Klopp wasnt happy with the shape of the midfield. Its like Klopp is more concerned with being solid than us being fluid.

I think that's absolutely the case this season.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
I think that's absolutely the case this season.
It certainly didn’t work today, I can’t remember us being so disorganised, open and spread out since our last game aga isn’t Napoli.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He looks fucked. Needs a rest.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Milner was sensational at the start of the season. Had a bad day at the office today, hopefully, he's back to his best next game.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
Can’t play Milner every game, just asking for trouble.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
You can say that about absolutely any of our eight right-footed central midfielders forced into playing on the left side of a midfield three.

Take it up with the manager and the scouting department for failing to sign a left-footed central midfielder three years into this reign, not Milner.

Him being right footed has absolutely nothing to do with his inability to receive the ball under pressure within an opposition shape and move us from defence to attack.

Again how are the front three suppose to produce the numbers of last season when the midfield does nothing other than remove themselves from the game.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Him being right footed has absolutely nothing to do with his inability to receive the ball under pressure within an opposition shape and move us from defence to attack.

Again how are the front three suppose to produce the numbers of last season when the midfield does nothing other than remove themselves from the game.

Like this. Screenshot taken after the 1st goal. Milner had moved left to where we already have a left back. We lose possession of the ball. They counter 5-v-1 through the middle leaving Gini to tackle forest fires with a fire extinguisher.

Then their 2nd goal - Milner, again playing left back when we already have one, loses the ball right on the touchline and the ball is played into Pavlov. Gini can't get goal side (probably should have fouled him), passive Matip reminded us of why Gomez and Lovren are ahead of him in the pecking order and it was 2-0.

This movement to the flanks does several things
1. Stretches out our midfield laterally
2. gives us poor defensive access to counter press
3. Ensures that we have to build up through Milner on that side of the pitch making us predictable and therefore easier to defend.

If you go and watch Joselu's goal against us, you see an identical screenshot to that above from a different angle. Henderson & Coutinho on the left. Gini alone vs the Newcastle midfield.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
For god sake Just give him a rest!
Believer

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
For god sake Just give him a rest!
That means someone has to step up in his role - Hendo (injured), Keita (injured), or Fabinho (needed a rest himself).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline chrisfletcher

• RAWK Pyschic. He knows what we're all thinking. He must be pretty pissed off at me then...Shit song writer.
  • Anny Roader
    • Twitter
Re: James Milner - Does laps of the universe for fun, more creative than De Bruyne
« Reply #1943 on: November 27, 2018, 09:35:58 am »
I Want To Break Free

Now we've got Jim-my
Now we've got Jimmy
And we've got Jimmy he'll score a screamer and then drink Ribena
Cos we've got Jimmy
Klopp knows
Klopp knows that we've got Jimmy

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Need a gif of Milner styling all over that defender by their corner flag.  Had him on toast.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
Got to love him.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
This season he's really reminding me of mid-90s Roy Keane, minus being a psychopath of course. The intensity, covering of the pitch and probing passes, especially in his first half dozen games, the aggression (hi Neymar), the leadership and now, for the second time, he's scored exactly the type of goal Keane used to - arriving late and drilling in a low shot from just outside the area.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
He plays so much better when he doesn't play consecutive games.

Brilliant tonight.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
One of about three captains we have and maybe the best!

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
I have to hold up my hand. I thought we bought Milner as a temporary stop-gap. Yet years later he is still showing the commitment and desire to play like he did tonight. The cameo he did in the corner flag tonight was skill, guts and sheer class.

His attitude is 2nd to none and it must be infectious.

Tonight he was my MOTM.
#JFT97

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
Offers such a great combination of work-rate, courage and nous in games like these. Absolute hero.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2018, 11:38:21 pm by Bjornar »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Great game and a beautiful finish

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Regularly moves into space to receive the ball; passes the ball forward. Some people see this as a problem; I see this as a benefit in more games than not.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So many important goals for us. What a signing.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Love this guy, wont get the headlines but he’s just so damn good and a proper pro.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Is it giving him too much credit to say he hit it low as Hart had been best at stopping shots in the air on the night?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Love the fact that he could slot into LB without hesitation and do a damn good job there too.
What a player

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
5 goals, 4 assists, and we're  not even half way through the season.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
Thought it went wide. Placed it perfectly that was a big big goal for us. Thought he was solid today.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Miller’s perfect for places like Turf Moor because he has played there probably 30 times, he knows what it’s about and what has to be done and how to achieve it.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him