Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3276460 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: United - Get Interim - The Rangnik Years... (well, Months maybe)
« Reply #27520 on: November 29, 2021, 12:33:23 am »
Was funny seeing the half/full time "analysis" trying to paint them as a pressing team now, all on the basis of 2 forwards pressing the opposition from the kick off until the ball went past them, before resorting to sitting back and desperately hacking it clear. The Chelsea match was full flow Ole-ball, complete with the jammy fuck up by Jorginho and the comical giving away of a goal to even things up.

Be interesting to see what Rangnick does, their squad is overflowing with people who can't press or play high, and no way will they rip the whole group up and start from scratch.

Might try to stay ahead of the curve with Maguire...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27521 on: November 29, 2021, 12:41:42 am »
Thought bringing on Ronaldo was bizarre. They looked dangerous on the break for 10 minutes before that and that substitution ended that threat. Greenwood would have been the logical option if sancho was injured.

Wan bissaka is an awful rb. A bad defender and offers nothing going forward and I remember united fans claiming he was better than trent

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #27522 on: November 29, 2021, 01:14:42 am »
Youse are all obsessed with Man United and klopp and mane hate each other
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27523 on: November 29, 2021, 01:38:10 am »
Tone, Tone, wake up, I think you're having a weird dream...  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27524 on: November 29, 2021, 04:06:35 am »

;D

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #27525 on: November 29, 2021, 06:05:29 am »
is there any hope for rashford reaching his ceiling? the kid has talent but is brainless football wise, doesn't get his head up enough, runs into cul-de-sacs way too often, is basically a one-trick-pony with pace/cut in/shoot (in fairness he has spells where that trick is profitable) and today was a classic example - sancho took his goal really well but at no time in that breakaway was rashford onside, not once, srsly not once, and all he had to do was stay behind sancho

if the keeper had more been positive and rushed sancho (and im no way blaming the keeper in that scenario - very difficult to tell the relative position of the two forwards with a head-on view apart from anything else) and he shifted it to rashford, the twat would've been offside
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #27526 on: November 29, 2021, 06:26:43 am »
The farcical offside that got them a corner was perplexing. That was the only time I saw him run.
My best Ronaldo moment was when he didn't bother to track Rudiger back in the 93rd minute and Rudiger almost scored while El Plastico stood there with his hands on his hips.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #27527 on: November 29, 2021, 07:45:56 am »
That Fred chance at the end was brilliant.

He did the hard work in making an interception, then panics because he has no idea what to do---take it forward, play in Ronald or young Lingard, or take a shot.

Tried to be way too clever and chip it over the keeper but just manages to harmlessly hand back possession.

If there's any phase of play that sums up Man Utd, it's that one.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27528 on: November 29, 2021, 08:09:10 am »
Everything that doesn't go catastrophically wrong in the next six months will be painted by the media as part of of some grand strategy despite the fact that the last week has revealed 1) they weren't going to sack Ole until he lost with Watford 2) they wanted Zidane 3) they wanted Pochettino 4) they were seriously considering hiring Rudi Garcia or Ernesto Valverde.

Time to hold firm on the take-the-piss front. These are still absolutely rancid.

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27529 on: November 29, 2021, 08:10:48 am »
Do pundits think that Rangnik coming in, will have Man U playing like prime Klopp by week 2?  Because when you listen to most of them, they have already decided they will be.

I dont recall our transition to being THAT team until Klopp had bought all the pieces and had got rid of the deadwood....what was that - 2 years and 3 transfer windows?

What can one man do in 6 months, with that squad and one transfer window?

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27530 on: November 29, 2021, 08:14:22 am »
He could take points off Chelsea and Man City. That will be good enough for me!

They are truly in the creek without a paddle.
As Liverpool fans, with what we had to endure through our lean years whilst they won everything, we should rejoice in these times.
As Martin Tyler once said: ‘Drink it in, I swear you will never see anything like this again…’

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27531 on: November 29, 2021, 09:00:06 am »
Do pundits think that Rangnik coming in, will have Man U playing like prime Klopp by week 2?  Because when you listen to most of them, they have already decided they will be.

I dont recall our transition to being THAT team until Klopp had bought all the pieces and had got rid of the deadwood....what was that - 2 years and 3 transfer windows?

What can one man do in 6 months, with that squad and one transfer window?

It’s probably worth pointing out that whilst it took Klopp 2-3 years to really grow the team he at least had us all paying well and being competitive almost immediately (getting us to 2 cup finals that season).

I would suspect most Mancs would take a season similar to our 15-16 one now on the premise that they’ll be competing for greater honours in the near future. Whether either of those 2 things happens though is far from certain.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27532 on: November 29, 2021, 09:10:31 am »
It’s probably worth pointing out that whilst it took Klopp 2-3 years to really grow the team he at least had us all paying well and being competitive almost immediately (getting us to 2 cup finals that season).

I would suspect most Mancs would take a season similar to our 15-16 one now on the premise that they’ll be competing for greater honours in the near future. Whether either of those 2 things happens though is far from certain.

Its worth pointing out Klopp didn't inherit Wan Bissaka, McTominay, Fred, Maguire, Lindelof, Penandes and the preening Prick. ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27533 on: November 29, 2021, 09:18:44 am »
Carrick dropping Ronaldo was bold but it did kind of illustrate a point eh?

Yep.  If they want to improve on any level, the only place for him should be on the bench.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27534 on: November 29, 2021, 10:01:48 am »
Its worth pointing out Klopp didn't inherit Wan Bissaka, McTominay, Fred, Maguire, Lindelof, Penandes and the preening Prick. ;)

He didn’t, no, but if you look at our current squad now vs the one that Klopp inherited there’s very few that have lasted.

You would imagine an experienced manager would stand a fair chance of getting a tune out of the likes of De Gea, Varane, De Beek, Sancho, Rashford etc. I’ve always been half way with this in that I always thought it was fanciful when people (usually United fans) claimed that a decent manager would be crushing all before them with their squad as it just focussed on the names and totally ignores the form (and by form I mean consistent form over a number of seasons) and also ignores the glaring deficiencies in defensive midfield and centre half/full back. That said, it also isn’t as shit as is being made out and I would imagine that Rangik stands a decent chance of getting them a respectful final league finish (and by that I mean 4th) and a run in the FA Cup which is the only trophy they’d stand a chance of winning. I think most sensible people would be happy with that if you’re a United fan with a view to improving next season.

As I say, that may well not happen as it’s far from a guarantee, hopefully it doesn’t, I’m just making the point that you can see quite rapid changes when you sack a manager and bring in someone more qualified to do the job, as Chelsea have shown lately.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #27535 on: November 29, 2021, 10:30:12 am »

Odd thing to point out being as he inherited even less! Our defence was awful all over the board, the only half decent defender was Clyne who was totally unsuited to the style of play.  Same with a lot of the midfield, but he even got a tune out of the likes of Joe Allen who again was totally unsuited, for a little while. Even Benteke contributed despite being the most un Klopp like striker around.

Klopp could get far more out of these Man Utd players though, surely you see that! He’d not turn them into supserstars, but he and the coaches would coach them well. 

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27536 on: November 29, 2021, 11:14:27 am »
Odd thing to point out being as he inherited even less! Our defence was awful all over the board, the only half decent defender was Clyne who was totally unsuited to the style of play.  Same with a lot of the midfield, but he even got a tune out of the likes of Joe Allen who again was totally unsuited, for a little while. Even Benteke contributed despite being the most un Klopp like striker around.

Klopp could get far more out of these Man Utd players though, surely you see that! He’d not turn them into supserstars, but he and the coaches would coach them well. 

This is the piss take thread, not the be all serious and shit the bed about the mancs thread :butt
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #27537 on: November 29, 2021, 11:26:35 am »
I remember that first game under Klopp at Spurs and the first 20 minutes or so had our players pressing like maniacs.  But it took a while to get that cohesiveness in the collective pressing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27538 on: November 29, 2021, 11:33:56 am »
This is the piss take thread, not the be all serious and shit the bed about the mancs thread :butt

oh good grief Rob, you are getting to be worse than Andy! 

Piss take without having a dig at our own team I am presuming. So sorry for picking you up on your really shite comment.

Now have at it, and I will leave you in peace to carry on being Andy 2.0 on the Manc thread.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27539 on: November 29, 2021, 11:56:30 am »
I remember that first game under Klopp at Spurs and the first 20 minutes or so had our players pressing like maniacs.  But it took a while to get that cohesiveness in the collective pressing.

And our players at least knew how to play some form of pressing game from Rodgers. None of the last 3-4 Utd managers played this way. Could be quite a few fatigue related injuries coming up. I imagine the Fitness Egg is dusting off his Twitter account in anticipation

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #27540 on: November 29, 2021, 12:03:02 pm »
The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.  Unfortunately the appointment of Rangnik could be Utd doing just that, rather than desperately clinging onto the past and thinking that they were 'a couple of players away' from being back to their best.  The longer Woodward and Ferguson called the shots and continued to promote unqualified ex-players as managers and coaches, the longer their demise was going to last.  So although the appointment of Rangnik by itself doesn't mean that they have actually turned a corner this time, it is maybe a worrying sign that they have finally learned the lessons from the last 10 years of mistakes. Klopp said it best himself when he talked about having to write our own history, whereas Solskjaer and co were desperately clinging onto the past and trying to recreate it.

The job he faces is huge though.  Klopp is a genius but he was also brilliantly backed up by a recruitment team that basically batted 1.000 for 4 or 5 years.  The fact that the CL and PL winning team only had Henderson, Milner, and Firmino remaining from the squad that he inherited (along with Lovren, Lallana, and Origi as squad players and Gomez and TAA from the youth ranks) is testament to just how much change happened in a short time.  I think that Utd need just as much change to compete at that level as well.  Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Varane, and maybe Van der Beek, Shaw, and Fernandes could be long term pieces of a successful squad, but beyond that you are looking at outright dross, aging players, and overhyped players who likely don't fit in a team that wants to play expansive possession based football.

I always laughed when pundits talked about improvement and progression for Utd when they had finished 6th (66 points), 3rd (66 points), and 2nd (74 points) as if the finishing positions were all that mattered and so they only needed to improve 'one place more'.  The reality was that in style of play, underlying stats, and points total there really hadn't been much improvement at all, and the gap between 74 points and the 90+ that you need to realistically win the league in the current era is a chasm rather than a gap.  Better players can gain you extra points, but wholesale systemic changes were clearly needed to take the club to that next level.

Klopp and Guardiola will likely be gone in 3 years time, and no doubt Chelsea will have fallen out with Tuchel and be on the downward part of their constant boom and bust cycle, so there is a ray of light at the end of the tunnel for Utd and also the possibility that we'll see a dip back to mid-80s point totals being good enough for the title.  It will be interesting if they can actually play the long game this time, or whether another shiny gem like the Ronaldo signing will come along to distract them and derail the whole process again.  Here's hoping for the latter!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #27541 on: November 29, 2021, 12:17:43 pm »
oh good grief Rob, you are getting to be worse than Andy! 

Piss take without having a dig at our own team I am presuming. So sorry for picking you up on your really shite comment.

Now have at it, and I will leave you in peace to carry on being Andy 2.0 on the Manc thread.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27542 on: November 29, 2021, 12:24:00 pm »
Corner turned?
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #27543 on: November 29, 2021, 12:26:17 pm »
Just seen's Fred's chance at the end.  Jeez haha.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27544 on: November 29, 2021, 01:20:04 pm »
What's so great about Ragnick?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #27545 on: November 29, 2021, 01:27:30 pm »
He's German...all the cool kids have one.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27546 on: November 29, 2021, 01:32:28 pm »

He's the saviour of Man U. The bringer of trophies and the glory days of old.
Is that good enough for you?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27547 on: November 29, 2021, 01:36:50 pm »
Their underlying numbers show they’re clearly worse this season
Last season they had a clear style of play too - even if it was negative it was pretty clear what they wanted to do

Right now they’re below league average - it’s almost impossible to achieve with their wage bill
The only comparable I can think of is the last Mourinho Chelsea season where Hazard downed tools etc

And the reason for this............Ronaldo

You sign Ronaldo and you have to set up your team for him.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #27548 on: November 29, 2021, 01:46:44 pm »
I watched a clip of him giving a talk about coaching, and he talked about training players to deal with the 5 key areas of a football match:

1. What to do when you are in possession
2. What do do when you are out of possession
3. What do to in transition when you lose the ball
4. What to do in transition when you win the the ball back
5. What to do at set pieces (attacking/defending)

Admittedly, that's probably over Solksjaer's/Carrick's heads, but bloody hell - that's the basic stuff I was coaching my son's under 12's side.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27549 on: November 29, 2021, 01:50:34 pm »
I watched a clip of him giving a talk about coaching, and he talked about training players to deal with the 5 key areas of a football match:

1. What to do when you are in possession
2. What do do when you are out of possession
3. What do to in transition when you lose the ball
4. What to do in transition when you win the the ball back
5. What to do at set pieces (attacking/defending)

Admittedly, that's probably over Solksjaer's/Carrick's heads, but bloody hell - that's the basic stuff I was coaching my son's under 12's side.
I don't get it yes he got Leipzig up etc. But they had so much more money than anyone else.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27550 on: November 29, 2021, 02:04:29 pm »
Interestingly (or in fact not really), Rangnick has only coached for 2 seasons out of the last 10 seasons.

He really doesn’t want to be a coach, so it’s quite funny him taking on this job just to fullfil a dream of his to coach in the premier league.  Taking advantage of Man Utd’s predicament good and proper, and a nice little consultancy gig at the end of it too.

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #27551 on: November 29, 2021, 02:10:44 pm »
is there any hope for rashford reaching his ceiling? the kid has talent but is brainless football wise, doesn't get his head up enough, runs into cul-de-sacs way too often, is basically a one-trick-pony with pace/cut in/shoot (in fairness he has spells where that trick is profitable) and today was a classic example

He's just an English Daniel James with a better PR team.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27552 on: November 29, 2021, 02:17:59 pm »
United boardroom:

Is he German? ✔️

Does he wear glasses? ✔️

Sign him up.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 07:12:13 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27553 on: November 29, 2021, 02:21:58 pm »
To see the full on Rangnik circle jerk in the press and with fans is a sight to behold. The guy has done almost nothing of note yet since his appointment his wiki has been changed so much you would think the guy invented football. Absolutely hilarious to watch.

Apparently in one of his greatest achievements, which keeps getting repeated, is that he took Schalke all the way to the semi-finals of the champions league. What they fail to mention is that he had nothing to with that run except for one game in the Quarters. It was Felix Magath who took Schalke all the way through to that stage and had finished 2nd in the league the season prior. Let's not mention that though.

Is there a small chance he does well? Of course, but the glossing over the facts that the man has not done anything spectacular with any team, that he somehow is the grandfather of modern football, that he is some managerial great is just beyond anything I've seen. The sheer blindness in order to convince themselves they have made a world class appointment is so pathetic that it makes it all so very very funny. ​

It's now like watching a car cruise down the road knowing full well within the next months the tyres will explode with it flipping over and smashing to pieces, all in slow motion. When that happens it will be all 'the guy didn't suit us, he was never that good, etc'.

Not sure if its desperation or delusion but it is going to be funny as fuck watching them all tie themselves in knots over the next months convincing themselves he is their saviour.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27554 on: November 29, 2021, 02:28:33 pm »
So basically they are going to go with Bruno as a false 9 (Firmino)

And 2 pacy wide players Rashford and Sancho who cut inside  (Salah and Mane)

Now they just need a GK who can play as a Sweeper Keeper (Allison), A CB comfortable in a Highline (VVD, Konate, Matip Gomez)  with Varanewith FBs who spend more time in the final 3rd (TAA Robbo Tsimikas), A midfield 3 who are press resistant, (Every midfielder we have).

Can they get all that in January. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27555 on: November 29, 2021, 02:45:33 pm »
To see the full on Rangnik circle jerk in the press and with fans is a sight to behold. The guy has done almost nothing of note yet since his appointment his wiki has been changed so much you would think the guy invented football. Absolutely hilarious to watch.

Apparently in one of his greatest achievements, which keeps getting repeated, is that he took Schalke all the way to the semi-finals of the champions league. What they fail to mention is that he had nothing to with that run except for one game in the Quarters. It was Felix Magath who took Schalke all the way through to that stage and had finished 2nd in the league the season prior. Let's not mention that though.

Is there a small chance he does well? Of course, but the glossing over the facts that the man has not done anything spectacular with any team, that he somehow is the grandfather of modern football, that he is some managerial great is just beyond anything I've seen. The sheer blindness in order to convince themselves they have made a world class appointment is so pathetic that it makes it all so very very funny. ​

It's now like watching a car cruise down the road knowing full well within the next months the tyres will explode with it flipping over and smashing to pieces, all in slow motion. When that happens it will be all 'the guy didn't suit us, he was never that good, etc'.

Not sure if its desperation or delusion but it is going to be funny as fuck watching them all tie themselves in knots over the next months convincing themselves he is their saviour.
You should fully understand the Manc hype machine by now.

Anyone and everyone that goes to OT is automatically hailed as "Best in the world" in their position. It doesn't matter what role. Tea lady, turnstile operator, chef, manager, striker, defender, midfielder etc... The Halo Effect kicks in and all manner of positive qualities are attributed to them just by virtue of being employed by Man United.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27556 on: November 29, 2021, 02:47:01 pm »
So basically they are going to go with Bruno as a false 9 (Firmino)

And 2 pacy wide players Rashford and Sancho who cut inside  (Salah and Mane)

Now they just need a GK who can play as a Sweeper Keeper (Allison), A CB comfortable in a Highline (VVD, Konate, Matip Gomez)  with Varanewith FBs who spend more time in the final 3rd (TAA Robbo Tsimikas), A midfield 3 who are press resistant, (Every midfielder we have).

Can they get all that in January. ;D
Operation (copy) Anfield Exercise.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #27557 on: November 29, 2021, 03:03:41 pm »
I don't get it yes he got Leipzig up etc. But they had so much more money than anyone else.
His achievements with Leipzig were of a similar level to Eddie Howe with Bournemouth, except Howe had a fraction of their money at his disposal, and Bournemouth were actually praised for their achievements.

RB Leipzig by contrast:

RB are often referred to as the "most hated club in Germany" and still face regular protests from opposition fans, ranging from boycotting games to the arrest of 28 Borussia Dortmund fans for throwing cans and stones at rival supporters in 2017.

The dislike goes further. Speaking to BBC World Service when Leipzig were first promoted, Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke called RB "a club built to push up the revenues for Red Bull" while earlier this month German football magazine 11 Freunde refused to cover the top-of-the-table fixture with Bayern Munich, whose supporters brandished offensive placards..
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27558 on: November 29, 2021, 03:08:04 pm »
His achievements with Leipzig were of a similar level to Eddie Howe with Bournemouth, except Howe had a fraction of their money at his disposal, and Bournemouth were actually praised for their achievements.

Pretty sure Bournemouth spent a load of money too getting promoted, in the grand scheme of things.

Leipzig and Hoffenheim are not the fairytale stories some like to make out that’s for sure.  2 manufactured clubs buying their ways to the top league.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #27559 on: November 29, 2021, 03:11:26 pm »
United boardroom:

Is he German ✔️

Does he wear glasses? ✔️

Sign him up.
Shows you how far behind they are. Our German doesn't even wear glasses anymore.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75