Author Topic: The English Football Poker/Brinkmanship/Chicken/FFS Draft - Rules and Round 11  (Read 25842 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
How many people have ringers left to pick?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Given that pretty much all other decent top 6 wide players have gone, I'll join you on the Salah train.

You are just wasting you pick mate. I already sent mines in. You can pick someone like Ozil, Aguero, Foden, Origi, Lacazzette, Lallana or Iwobi. In Tier 2 there is nothing left.

• Legacy Fan
You are just wasting you pick mate. I already sent mines in. You can pick someone like Ozil, Aguero, Foden, Origi, Lacazzette, Lallana or Iwobi. In Tier 2 there is nothing left.

Yeah, I'm planning on going down to tier 3. No way you or anyone else is getting Salah.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Yeah, I'm planning on going down to tier 3. No way you or anyone else is getting Salah.

Fair enough. Its a valid strategy. Calling dibs on that newcastle lad they signed in January if he survives this round.  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Oi, don't pick any players from Soton if you're looking for your third cm/am.

I'm giving you lot a fair warning otherwise we're going down together in the Championship :)

• Legacy Fan
Fair enough. Its a valid strategy. Calling dibs on that newcastle lad they signed in January if he survives this round.  ;D

Change of strategy, I'm going Aguero so that no one can have him as centre forward whilst I use my ringer..

Someone else can cock block you with Salah  ;D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
How many people have ringers left to pick?

5 I think.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
5 I think.

2 ringer groups have been blocked - yes?

1 Trend/Chakan - Modric
1 Eel Lobo - Gerrard

4 left I believe.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Imagine being blocked on your ringer. Shame.

• Legacy Fan
I also don't see how we're going to get a tier 2 RW through. I can only think of 3 decent choices and they'll all get picked more than once.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
You fucking idiots again!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
So glad I got Lucas Moura! Never thought I’d say that in a draft. Unless it was a champions league semi final draft.

Some really good options still left

The best being Salah obviously. But Alli, Mkhitaryan, Willian, Pedro, Mata, Rashford, Martial are all there. Plus people like Lacazette, Ozil and more from other positions still to go.

Think I’ll go for Willian this go. So if you could all let him slide that’d be great.

Or if not let me know to avoid any unwarranted blockages 8)
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
I know exactly what everyone's ringers are going to be.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know exactly what everyone's ringers are going to be.

Then do share... Maybe we can cock block them?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Torres,Suarez,Fowler are dead certs soon :D

• Legacy Fan
So glad I got Lucas Moura! Never thought I’d say that in a draft. Unless it was a champions league semi final draft.

Some really good options still left

The best being Salah obviously. But Alli, Mkhitaryan, Willian, Pedro, Mata, Rashford, Martial are all there. Plus people like Lacazette, Ozil and more from other positions still to go.

Think I’ll go for Willian this go. So if you could all let him slide that’d be great.

Or if not let me know to avoid any unwarranted blockages 8)

Why on earth would anyone pick mata or Mkitaryan

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Torres,Suarez,Fowler are dead certs soon :D

4 ringers left they could genuinely all get taken

Why on earth would anyone pick mata or Mkitaryan

Better than the tier below and Mkhitaryan actually was decent for Arsenal last year!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Given that pretty much all other decent top 6 wide players have gone, I'll join you on the Salah train.

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
JK,

1 Patrick Viera (Max Powers & Vishwa)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Adz & Vishwa) ========================> Nevermind!!!!!  Ronaldo not ringer :)
3. Tierry Henry (Claus & Adz)

4 have been blocked (Claus, Vishwa, Max and Adz) - have to revisit Adz's pick?
2 have successful (FuckA, and T/Chak) - Gerrard/Modric

4 are left

deFacto
Mikey
Viva
LCH

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:03:28 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Claus tried for Henry this last go.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I also don't see how we're going to get a tier 2 RW through. I can only think of 3 decent choices and they'll all get picked more than once.

I wanna go to tier3 hence picking the bluenose...

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
JK, we have an issue?

Vishwa submitted 2 ringer submissions

1 Patrick Viera (Max Powers & Vishwa)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Adz & Vishwa)

*** not sure Vishwa can make an eligible play for Ronaldo after losing his pick after Vieira.

3 have been blocked (Vishwa, Max and Adz) - have to revisit Adz's pick?
3 have successful (FuckA, Claus and T/Chak) - Gerrard/Keane/Modric

4 are left

deFacto
Claus
Mikey
Viva
LCH

REDRAFT!!!!!

Ronaldo was an 08/09 pick for centre mid not a ringer.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ronaldo was an 08/09 pick for centre mid not a ringer.

Aha!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Told you earlier that this draft is enough to send people mad with suspicion.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

No, I was not mad with suspicion.   ;D

I was just going back trying to figure out who had Ringers left and who did not.

And then I got confused.  So many cock blocks, has caused me some dicmentia.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:11:49 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
They’re marked on the updates. Asterisk next to the names.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

It’s a lot of administrative work. Those update posts take ages ;D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Yeah Suarez is sure to be picked. Although given how likely he is to be picked, might spook people out. Can play as both LW or striker. Torres is another likely candidate or Fowler. 

to be honest there are lot of good players available and if everyone is smart about it, they should all be able to get one. Shearer, Bergkamp, Overmars, Drogba, Rooney, Robben, Van Persie;  there are lots of great attackers still available.

Its just mines and Vishwa's rotten luck that we both went for Veira on the same turn.

• Legacy Fan
Dont pick Salah unless you want the 2nd tier, hes mine

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Dont pick Salah unless you want the 2nd tier, hes mine

Too late mate. Called it first. You can also go through the thread, haven't done a lot of bluffing. ;D

Cowards! all of you for not going for Salah.

I will not let Mo feel unwanted. Just announcing it now. I am picking him this round. Repeat I am picking Mo Salah. Unless anyone wants to go to Tier 2 and select Andy Carroll or Jordan Ibe. I suggest you stay away.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2019, 12:18:08 am by Max_powers »

• Legacy Fan
Might as well prepare your 2nd pick cause I aint budging

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Might as well prepare your 2nd pick cause I aint budging

Don't worry have that sorted already too.  ;D

• Legacy Fan
Don't worry have that sorted already too.  ;D

We're going down to the Championship together  :)

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
What kind of fucking idiot picks Henry on the right, I'm so mad.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Now that the ringers are ruined for me, let me make sure nobody forgets

Rooney
Shearer
Bergkamp
Giggs
Drogba
Van Persie
Le Tissier
Ferdinand

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
We're going down to the Championship together  :)

Who is gonna be our Hegazi?

Also what happens if we can't field 11 players after 12 rounds are over? Do we keep going?

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
I’m holding off on my ringer until next go as there are very few top left wingers in premier league history and loads of strikers, with most being still available.

With LCH and Defacto both declaring their intention to do the same, looks like Viva has a clear run at the a ringer for this position if he wants.

I’d considered Robert Pires for ages and taking the ringer now, but given the lack of striking options for next round for non-ringers, i’d rather nab Willian and go for Luis Suarez next round.

Given Salah and Aguero are going this round, either into the invalid picks or into teams, I think it is only really Kane, Lacazette, Rashford, Lukaku, Higuain and Giroud left as strikers for next round, none of who appeal to me that much compared to the greats you can get with a ringer.

So Willian and then Luis Suarez for me. Then I’ll have to see where we go for super sub.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Now that the ringers are ruined for me, let me make sure nobody forgets

Rooney
Shearer
Bergkamp
Giggs
Drogba
Van Persie
Le Tissier
Ferdinand

• Legacy Fan
Who is left ? :D

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
Thoughts:

No one picked Mo Salah :lmao

:butt

And two great picks from 08/09 CMs, with Lassana Diarra arguably the pick of the round given that the following season he was signed by Real Madrid and became the lynchpin of their team.

:D

What kind of fucking idiot picks Henry on the right, I'm so mad.

I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…