Author Topic: FT Liverpool 3 vs Arsenal 1 (Firmino 9', Mane 40', Welbeck 57', Gini 92')  (Read 75538 times)

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic

Amazing.  :D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still outsiders for it.... one because the others have games in hand.... win them and we're back down again..... and two because we're so inconsistent...... Burnley next

Let's just see about Burnley when we get to it, no point worrying at the moment!

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
soooo ... top 4?
I mean if our run in was against the rest of the top 4 challenging teams only I'd say we were definites.  We know what our issues is, I'd take just being lucky in those sort of games for the rest of the season.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
soooo ... top 4?

It's doable. Only one game against a top 6 team left though...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really enjoyed that.

Bit if a subdued celebration from Gini. I reckon he knows he'd off at the end of the season

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Really enjoyed that.

Bit if a subdued celebration from Gini. I reckon he knows he'd off at the end of the season

:o

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan

Amazing.  :D

There were so many great touches by the attacking players today that were just brilliant to watch like the one above.  Mane's turn in the second half, Phil's touch right before his shot was saved by Cech, Lallana keeping the ball before his pass to Origi, Firmino's turn before he teed up Mane...

Really quality attacking football.
King Kenny.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We've not lost/drawn all of our games against those outside of the top six, there's no reason to just assume we'll lose to Burnley. Yeah, we're inconsistent but that performance today was better than the one against Spurs, for all anyone knows we could win all of our remaining matches!

Besides, this is a thread about the game that just finished, not the pre-match thread for our next game.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Really enjoyed that.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Americaner...

• More American than other, ordinary Americans.
  • Kopite
  • I dream in red and white
Really enjoyed that.

Please tell us more!

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
It's doable. Only one game against a top 6 team left though...
Bollocks. Tough run in then
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really enjoyed that.

You'll catch a few with that one!

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
I have to ask, thats a penalty on Firmino just before their goal, Right?

I can't see how it isn't - Firmino skins him, and is stopped by the defender pushing him over. Not shoulder to shoulder, not even charging in with his body, but both arms out, using them to hold and then push him over. Ref gave a free kick for a much lesser body block/push by Coutinho a few minutes later. Matip was also being held back on that header he fluffed - but sod it, we never get those sorts of decisions, except for once, maybe we did - Origi was probably fractionally off for their goal and for once it went our way. Thought he was quality when he came on.

But yeah, based on the 2nd half I thought Can was ace, though a little fortunate to stay on (another decision going our way! Two in a match!).
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Can was improved today.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Young Divock did well today

Sent from my SM-T819 using Tapatalk

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Firmino is somehow more reliable at the flash stuff than he is with a basic first touch or 5 yard pass :P

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You'll catch a few with that one!
Only a small one. But fuck me that win made my night. We scored three excellent goals

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
Get the fuck in !! Great game and played Arsenal off the park for the majority of the match.  :scarf

So infuriating that we can't play like that against the bottom teams too.

Great goals and we really saw how much we have missed Mane's energy and skill up front - let's hope we can continue in the same vein against Burnley !!

As an aside I watched it in a pub in Brighton and when the third went in it almost kicked off due to some dickhead Gooner saying something about Hillsborough.

Thankfully the guy who heard his comment didn't sink to his level and showed some restraint instead of knocking him out.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bollocks. Tough run in then

Yeah, but our rivals have more games to get through, which does help us. Also, one of those games is the Derby and the rest aren't necessarily all that worrying.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Can't find the gif of the Arsenal fan (nose ring) throwing a bitter-like fit when we smashed them
 4-1 a few years back. He made another Tv appearance today.

Someone post it please  :D

The one with the headscarf who looked like a pirate? Arrrrrrrsenal
« Last Edit: March 4, 2017, 08:25:15 pm by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Absorbing game.  Lallana and Mane were brilliant.  Can much improved.  Something to build on, again.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
Superb tonight. The jekkyl and Hyde we get with this team needs to stop.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
Firmino is somehow more reliable at the flash stuff than he is with a basic first touch or 5 yard pass :P

Annoying, but true.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Wonderful reds!

Wijnaldum was fantastic today. Lallana too.

Some of the skills from Mane and Firmino was amazing to watch at times.
Should have been out of sight at half time, so was sweating through the second half, but a great win. Lovely goal to kill the game at the end.

Ref was shite again. Thought Giroud got away with a foul every time the ball went toward him

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Can't find the gif of the Arsenal fan (nose ring) throwing a bitter-like fit when we smashed them
 4-1 a few years back. He made another Tv appearance today.

Someone post it please  :D

He was down the front again today I think, could only see him from above but looked like him!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ref was shite again. Thought Giroud got away with a foul every time the ball went toward him

At least he didn't give Can a second yellow, for what it would have been given I don't know (pretending to be injured?) but he decided to keep his cards in his pocket.

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
Klopp said it best. This is a project and we have to be patient.. As frustrating as it is to be this inconsistent we have to understand that we are still very much a work in progress. Great performance and result today but of course not at all unexpected. Lallana was immense, as was Mane but I thought Origi's impact when he came on was also magnificent and his pass for the third goal, stunning.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Given up trying to understand this lot. I'm just going to enjoy the win.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks be to fu*k.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp said it best. This is a project and we have to be patient.. As frustrating as it is to be this inconsistent we have to understand that we are still very much a work in progress. Great performance and result today but of course not at all unexpected. Lallana was immense, as was Mane but I thought Origi's impact when he came on was also magnificent and his pass for the third goal, stunning.

That run of great form we saw earlier in the season, it's a sign of what is to come I think.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
That run of great form we saw earlier in the season, it's a sign of what is to come I think.

Also I think Klopp realises his mistake. Saying he will sign up to 6 is exactly what we need. I think he's a quick learner. Let's hope he works out how to beat the dross of this league.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
Great win but let's be honest it's not these game that we worry about is it? Hopefully we put in the same effort and application against Burnley.

One thing that I didn't like is even at 2-1 we still had both of our full backs bombing forward. I wish we would learn to be more conservative in situations like this

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
Up for it now? Fucking hammered 'em and we'll fucking rinse Burnley next weekend, too.

Now we're in the four let's stay there!

Lallana, Mane, Can, Gini, Ragy, Bob. All brilliant!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Great win, hopefully more to follow. Mane is good at football.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
When you look at the games everyone has left I reckon we're slight favorites to get it
You're obviously seeing a different fixture list to the one I am... Man City & Everton are the only gimme's ;)

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match. Didn't raise an eyebrow at anything that happened because what's the point if he wasn't watching it with me? Then the third goal goes in and I'm top of the fucking world. Out of nowhere, it all wasn't so bad.

That's what football is. That's what it's all about. Thanks, Reds.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match. Didn't raise an eyebrow at anything that happened because what's the point if he wasn't watching it with me? Then the third goal goes in and I'm top of the fucking world. Out of nowhere, it all wasn't so bad.

Really sorry for your loss. That win is for your dad. YNWA.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words

Sorry to hear that, mate. Glad the lads got a win for you.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

He gave a brilliant interview afterwards. At times the pressure must drive him nuts but he is so understanding and calm, and sensible about it. He speaks so much sense, but it's what a few of us have been saying all season. When you're developing a side you will have ups and downs, the players have to learn how to win consistently. In different games, we just need to stay with them, enjoy the good moments, and don't despair so much when we get a set back. We have the right man at the club, and he will give us a fantastic team, we're already seeing the early promise. Not thinking about Burnley at all, just enjoying the moment.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"