Author Topic: Uncle Kolo  (Read 53812 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Uncle Kolo
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2016, 12:23:34 am »
One of our best tonight, I hope he stays here until he retires.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2016, 12:34:03 am »
One of our best tonight, I hope he stays here until he retires.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Online Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2016, 12:42:19 am »
I would offer him a one year deal with an option to join the coaching staff after that. But if this is the end of his journey with us then I must say he has been absolute class and never let us down as far as I'm concerned. A great player, person and leader.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2016, 12:52:04 am »
how shit is our recruitment when kolo is still the best defender we have.

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2016, 12:53:41 am »
Please give him another season. Love you Kolo.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2016, 12:54:47 am »
What a hero. Left it all out on the field today and the way he mustered that will to get to Gameiro was fantastic. True will to win. Just a shame that the tackle wont go down in legend like Carragher's interception in 05.

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2016, 01:01:04 am »
Give him a new contract.  One of the few who showed he understands what it means to play for this club tonight.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2016, 03:06:28 am »
MOM tonight.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2016, 03:09:21 am »
Much love and affection for KOLO tonight

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2016, 04:45:00 am »
Only player to walk away tonight with their head held high. 35 years old and putting in that performance.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2016, 05:00:15 am »
Immense. 

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2016, 05:20:31 am »
I felt Kolo was the only player who gave it all for the whole 90 mins today.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2016, 07:04:50 am »
some of his chasing back and tackling was absolutely immense.

if that was his last game for us then he can be proud of how he performed. It was worthy of a winners medal.

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2016, 07:08:53 am »
I felt sorry for him because he was out there on his own, holding the team together.

The speed, energy and timing he showed throughout was fantastic.

Offline danetrulli

• Kemlynite
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2016, 08:17:53 am »
puts the rest of the defenders to shame, especially Moreno. That recovery tackle/toe poke was brilliant.

1 more year please.

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2016, 08:23:14 am »

Going to need his experience to help bed in any newbies & also to rally the troops when required. Please Ian Ayre sort out another 1 yr contract for Kolo.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2016, 08:42:39 am »
Give him a new contact. Our only player who played anywhere near 100% last night

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2016, 08:59:24 am »
Come in, lads. Walk around him.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2016, 09:03:58 am »
Yep, the guy has to stay. He just never lets us down.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2016, 09:12:49 am »
Going by the number of goals we concede when he's in the team or not in the team, Toure may be 'visibly effective', in that he can be seen to be making blocks and last ditch tackles; but perhaps invisibly a significant element of our fragility at times. He's looked great at times this season; yet we concede more goals with him in the side than not, and more than with any other CB in the side. Does his frantic firefighting style contribute to a loss of shape and solidity?
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2016, 09:17:47 am »
He was incredible for us in the entire run in, including last night.

Saying that, I wouldnt be giving him another playing contract. With no European football to be played next season I just dont see the need.

Id sooner have him go out on this note and be appreciated as the cult hero he absolutely is than give him another year where he struggles to get together 8 appearances and probably if we're being honest starts to decline (cos it will happen eventually).

All for keeping him around the club if we can though, he's still got a lot to give. Just would prefer it if we allowed him to leave on a good note in a playing sense.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2016, 09:27:45 am »
He said before the game "If you give your all you will have no regrets" And he should hold his head up high, he didn't deserve to be on the losing side, he gave his all, what a great man.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2016, 09:32:41 am »
He was superb last night, gave a MOTM performance.

He was the only player on our team that came out a winner.

Give him another years contract!

He capped off a solid season with arguably his best performance of the lot.

Big game, big player

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2016, 09:38:03 am »
Come in, lads. Walk around him.

He's a Kolossus.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2016, 09:51:22 am »
Hyypia-esque last night - it's not about the speed, it's the positional awareness. But he can shift when he needs to. Outstanding performance by the big cuddly bastard.

Sort it out LFC, get him another year!

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2016, 09:57:43 am »
Superb last night, hope he gets a contract extension.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2016, 10:01:25 am »
We all dream of a team of Kolo Toures.

That last ditch tackle on Gameiro was sensational. He had no right getting to it. Celebrated like a goal.

Please stay.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2016, 10:05:13 am »
Only player to walk away tonight with their head held high. 35 40 years old and putting in that performance.

:)

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2016, 10:27:56 am »
MotM but time to let him go imo. Those stats weigh heavily on my mind.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2016, 11:14:09 am »

The speed, energy and timing he showed throughout was fantastic.
Indeed, during the game I used the word "agile" several times. His imperious display was one of a youthful stalwart. Gutted for him mate.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2016, 11:28:32 am »
Absolutely outstanding last night.

Give this man an extension to his contract, pretty please.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2016, 11:30:49 am »
Saying that, I wouldnt be giving him another playing contract. With no European football to be played next season I just dont see the need.

On the contrary, having no Europe would be exactly the reason to keep him for another year. Kolo has been revitalised by Klopp and he has done his job when called upon, he was the difference between us getting done by 5-6 last night. Assuming that Skrtel is on his way (with Matip replacing in) and with no date for Sakho's return, Kolo will be needed as cover. I can't see us buying another CB (with Gomes to come back as well) but I guess things could change if Sakho if found guilty and gets a big punishment.

What I'd hate is if he leaves and we have to get someone else in as the cover/experience option, which is also risky. Without Europe, there is no point buying new squad fillers, better to keep the ones we have and improve the 1st team.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline swordfishtrombone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2016, 11:42:53 am »
Overheard conversation between two former players at Basel airport. Apparently he's said that he will be leaving.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2016, 12:01:57 pm »
On the contrary, having no Europe would be exactly the reason to keep him for another year. Kolo has been revitalised by Klopp and he has done his job when called upon, he was the difference between us getting done by 5-6 last night. Assuming that Skrtel is on his way (with Matip replacing in) and with no date for Sakho's return, Kolo will be needed as cover. I can't see us buying another CB (with Gomes to come back as well) but I guess things could change if Sakho if found guilty and gets a big punishment.

What I'd hate is if he leaves and we have to get someone else in as the cover/experience option, which is also risky. Without Europe, there is no point buying new squad fillers, better to keep the ones we have and improve the 1st team.

If Sakho gets a lengthy ban then there's absolutely a need to get another CB.

Its not an easy decision in light of his form in the past few months but would probably turn out to be the correct one, if Lovren or Matip got injured next season I dont want a month or two of Kolo Toure starting our games, nice as he is.

Everyone seems to be coming at it from an angle of being content with him playing the League/FA Cup games in a best case scenario, which is fine I'd be happy with that also. But its so easy to see a situation where we have to rely on 35yo Kolo Toure for an extended run too, and im not comfortable with that.

Would rather let him go a year early and get someone else in who I'd trust more to be able to play consecutive games in a pinch then hold on to him and risk him having to play too much and falling short.

The risk outweighs the reward IMO, which is a shame.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2016, 12:30:52 pm »
He gave everything he had last night. What a pity it didn't pay off. We should have got this guy much much earlier in his career.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2016, 12:39:59 pm »
Would rather let him go a year early and get someone else in who I'd trust more to be able to play consecutive games in a pinch then hold on to him and risk him having to play too much and falling short.

That's the problem though, I think it will be difficult to get someone that a) you can trust, b) is happy with just being cover and c) not taking away significant budget from other areas.

Just comes down to the fact that everything is up in the air until we know what happens to Sakho. If he can be back in Sept then CB will be the last position we need to look at.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:43:55 pm by Mighty_Red »
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2016, 12:52:51 pm »
That's the problem though, I think it will be difficult to get someone that a) you can trust, b) is happy with just being cover and c) not taking away significant budget from other areas.

Just comes down to the fact that everything is up in the air until we know what happens to Sakho. If he can be back in Sept then CB will be the last position we need to look at.

The Sakho thing is the huge caveat to all of this, but its the notion that they need to be 'content with being cover' is the one I struggle with.

Kolo doesnt need replacing like for like with another elder statesman, we can get another 'Matip' in and just allow them to scrap it out.

The player who's content with being cover is Joe Gomez.

If Sakho isnt available for a signifcant period of time then we need to get another first team CB in because if you dont you end up with

Matip taking Sakho's place
Toure taking Skrtel's place - this is the area of concern
Gomez taking Toure's place

...as I say it largely comes down to what happens with Sakho but if Kolo goes we need to be approaching it from a position of replacing Skrtel's minutes and status as 3rd choice CB rather than replacing Kolo's as 4th, cos Gomez has those boxed.

Offline Specimen A

• Main Stander
  • Sydneysider
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2016, 01:24:09 pm »
He said before the game "If you give your all you will have no regrets" And he should hold his head up high, he didn't deserve to be on the losing side, he gave his all, what a great man.

Amen to that, felt like he was the only one who put his body on the line, if only everyone could have matched that effort.

Offline xosder

• Main Stander
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2016, 01:30:22 pm »
The moment I fell in love with Kolo.

I hope he is with us next season in some capacity.  Great servant to the club and a light in the darkness last night.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2016, 03:20:54 pm »