Author Topic: Fernando Torres  (Read 586846 times)

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
Re: Fernando Torres
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2011, 04:31:16 pm »
as much as it pains me to see him in a Chelsea shirt, I still think he is an outstanding player.. but his comments made about Chelsea, however much I hate Chelsea, are completely out of order and extremely unprofessional.. It has now got to the point I don’t hate him anymore... I pity him, he had everything here, fans who adored the ground he walked on, a team that was built primarily around him and gerrard and he traded it all in for more money even though he knew we were going through a transitional period.

He is still a world class striker no doubt about it, he had a certain sparkle in his eye whenever he had the ball while playing for us, near enough every touch he got had us all on the edges of our seats, we knew 9 times out of 10 he would make the impossible(improbable), possible.. somehow. a quick turn of his feet and he was gone and the ball was in the back of the net, he had fire in his heart every time he put that liver bird on his chest and played with 100% commitment.  But since he’s gone to Chelsea that sparkle in his eye, that feeling fans got when he got the ball, and that fire in his heart has slowly but surely has been dying away. I know I may be one of a few people on here, but I hate to see that happen to a player, it’s alright to go and say "hahahaha 50mil for fuck all, go fuck yourself Chelsea" but truth be told if you’re a football fan, and love the nature of this great game then you will also be gutted to see that one of the world class strikers of the new generation (not to mention a player who got us out of ALOT of sticky situations) is now nothing but an amateur.. or slowly becoming an amateur again.
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2011, 04:32:22 pm »
I don't understand the hate surrounding him. Just because he left the club while we were in the shit? The timing was the only thing i can blame him for but otherwise, he was just about to experience playing under his 3rd manager at the club, it was just the beginning of Kennys reign so we had no idea what it would be like (Although the first game was a delight). Still, one game was probably not going to change his mind of wanting to leave. This club was hardly in a great position. He must have thought it would take more then a season or two before we ended up where we are now having just got new owners.

Haven't heard what he has said about us since leaving (if anything) but can't blame him for wanting to leave, or anyone at that time. Would have been very interesting to see the team had he stayed.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2011, 04:34:50 pm »
I know from a very good source that he regrets moving there and is hankering for a move back to Spain already. He also misses Liverpool as a city but i'm not so sure the club and he was extremely gutted/angry about those little whoppers burning his shirt the night he left.

There was a lot of tension between him and a couple of senior players towards the end, which i think has come across in said players interviews since he has left. I loved the lad but the way he left, he can rot down there, maybe small time but so be it.

You missed us before we missed you Nando. 

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2011, 04:36:35 pm »
The thing I don’t understand is when people say that maybe Chelsea is the wrong club for him, the players there are less welcoming, the style doesn’t suit him etc etc…surely all this was blindingly obvious before he even went there? Terry used to twat him every time they played against each other? He knew what he was getting himself into yet he still went with his eyes wide open. I’ll never understand that decision and that’s why I can’t sympathise.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2011, 04:38:01 pm »
It's a difficult one to judge this.

I don't think it's any conincidence that Torres' superb form throughout his whole career has been when managed by Rafa. I think Rafa's analytical style and the fact the team was built with him in mind must have helped. Saying that, there was a point 3 months before Rafa left, around the UEFA cup run, that his attitude seem to slide a little. There was a shift towards looking (even more) sulky.

I don't think his ability has diminished, it would seem that his confidence and consequently his reading of the game has. He very much reminds me of Robbie Keane during his time here. He's missed quite a lot of chances he'd have typically taken and the longer this continued the more it becomes perceived that he's not good enough. It's a vicious cycle.

I can't say I'm particularly upset he's doing badly but it's a shame the way his career has developed. In 10 yrs time he'll look back at his career and realised he could have been a LFC legend, and instead he's just a journeyman resigned to being a good player at a lot of clubs.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2011, 04:40:34 pm »
I still haven't really got over it, but you can see the lad is still himself. As soon as he gets his confidence back he will be scoring for fun...
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2011, 04:40:44 pm »
Thank him! We got 50million out of it, he isn't worth that much right now. Looking back on it he did us huge favour.

You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2011, 04:40:58 pm »
No need to call him a c*nt is there?

Yes.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bondred

• Wouldn't know a palindrome from an emordnilap. Hi, I'm Bond. Blames Bond.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2011, 04:41:36 pm »
Thank him! We got 50million out of it, he isn't worth that much right now. Looking back on it he did us huge favour.

I am certain that some of that would based on appearances and other aspects.
'If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains.'

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2011, 04:42:42 pm »
As I said earlier he must have know in his heart that Chelsea was a bad fit for him yet he still pused through with the move even after we'd got rid of Hodgson and brought Kenny back. He either had his head turned or he really couldn't wait to jump ship.

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2011, 04:43:39 pm »
The Spanish Michael Owen if you will.

Probably the best way to put it.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2011, 04:43:54 pm »
Yes.

No there isn't, the timing wasn't ideal when he left, but he did well for us while he was here and we then got what is looking to be a vastly inflated price for him, so we should be magnanimous enough to hope his stay at Chelsea is a long one rather than calling him a c*nt.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2011, 04:44:22 pm »
Fernando Torres, the gift that keeps on giving.

Good job they only have 90 days to return with receipt for a refund.
A win for the Liverpool country

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2011, 04:44:26 pm »
I don't understand the hate surrounding him. Just because he left the club while we were in the shit? The timing was the only thing i can blame him for but otherwise, he was just about to experience playing under his 3rd manager at the club, it was just the beginning of Kennys reign so we had no idea what it would be like (Although the first game was a delight). Still, one game was probably not going to change his mind of wanting to leave. This club was hardly in a great position. He must have thought it would take more then a season or two before we ended up where we are now having just got new owners.

Haven't heard what he has said about us since leaving (if anything) but can't blame him for wanting to leave, or anyone at that time. Would have been very interesting to see the team had he stayed.

If he wanted to leave, he should have done it at the start of the window instead of handing in a transfer request on the last weekend. Then his comments when he joined them were the icing on the cake.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2011, 04:45:03 pm »
It was 50 mil upfront wasn't it? Could of sworn i read on here that the deal was 50 mil paid in full

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2011, 04:45:12 pm »
There was a lot of tension between him and a couple of senior players towards the end, which i think has come across in said players interviews since he has left.

Carra?
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2011, 04:46:14 pm »
It was 50 mil upfront wasn't it? Could of sworn i read on here that the deal was 50 mil paid in full

I thought that too
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2011, 04:46:30 pm »

Based on appearances and goals ???????

Oh fuck, 20p it is then
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2011, 04:47:08 pm »
I thought that too
Pretty sure JW said the same. 50 mil upfront

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2011, 04:48:42 pm »
No there isn't, the timing wasn't ideal when he left, but he did well for us while he was here and we then got what is looking to be a vastly inflated price for him, so we should be magnanimous enough to hope his stay at Chelsea is a long one rather than calling him a c*nt.

He acted like a c*nt, he left us in the most cuntish of ways and his comments about us after he left were also cuntish. He is a c*nt. But that's the last I'm saying about it as I dont want to be banned.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 12, 2011, 04:49:28 pm »
wouldn't  surprise me if anzhi (the rich Russian club that bought Eto ) came in and took him  but would i take him back ? in a heart beat some players are just suited for some clubs and liverpool and torres were made for each other ok he said some stupid shit once he left  but for me it was a mix of his agent in his ear and a load of false promises have i forgiven him no but could i yes  after one of the greatest strikers ive ever seen in a liverpool strip (only 22 mind ) watch the video below and tell me you dont have a smile on your face

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JnoVmWoqiyk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JnoVmWoqiyk</a>

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #141 on: September 12, 2011, 04:52:22 pm »
I read a rumour on here (no idea if it is true, and can't remember where/who said it), but Torres handed in his transfer request, and Dalglish (& the club) accepted it. he then later "changed his mind" and didn't want to leave, but Dalglish said no, he disrespected the fans/club (and the money was too good to turn down), so he can go.

He has never looked "happy" at Chelsea, even when he signed, he was never buzzing like he was at Anfield in press conferences.

I have no idea if it was true or not, and really wish I could find the post.

Offline Surprise me.

• Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2011, 04:52:40 pm »
He acted like a c*nt, he left us in the most cuntish of ways and his comments about us after he left were also cuntish. He is a c*nt. But that's the last I'm saying about it as I dont want to be banned.

How did he act like a c*nt? I don't know what he said after he left so cant say anything there but if anything he left pretty professionally. Kept it all quiet and we properly found out about it after it was reported he handed in a transfer request, something we probably made him do. He may have left it late but we were in crisis and i think he kept everything out of the press until after the deal was done.

i'd rather remember the good things he did for us rather then the one day out of his career that he made a decision to leave.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2011, 04:56:22 pm »

Is correct !!!
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline RuncornRed25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2011, 04:56:23 pm »
I will find it hard to forget how he went, it was a new era we were going places he could have been a part of it, I know footballers come and go but the circumstances did hurt, ive forgotten all about him now fucking weird considering its the first footballer I truly adored sinced Robbie Fowler

Before we start feeling sorry for him too much just think him playing against Stoke was probably what we needed that day but he fucked off so you know :-\

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2011, 04:56:51 pm »
Hes like Superman in Superman III. Its like Torres in Chelsea Blue runs into the scrap yard screaming, and then separates, one in Chelsea Blue and one in Liverpool Red, and they both start strangling each other. Two different people.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2011, 05:00:53 pm »
It was a great bit of business. One thing I guess we'll never know though is would he have been as bad if he'd have stayed?

Didn't he score 3 goals in 4/5 matches under Dalglish?  Think he got about 10 all together for us in his last season.  That's what made it even more disappointing, he looked like he was coming back to some form against Wolves before he jumped ship. 

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2011, 05:01:10 pm »
How did he act like a c*nt? I don't know what he said after he left so cant say anything there but if anything he left pretty professionally. Kept it all quiet and we properly found out about it after it was reported he handed in a transfer request, something we probably made him do. He may have left it late but we were in crisis and i think he kept everything out of the press until after the deal was done.

i'd rather remember the good things he did for us rather then the one day out of his career that he made a decision to leave.

The constant sulking, the constant moaning, the constant lack of effort the handing in a transfer request on the last day of the transfer window he left in the most unproffesional way possible leaving us with little time to find a replacement. Plus we weren't in a crisis at all we had Dalglish back, we had new owners, we had just signed Suarez. We were in a poor place in the league but there was a massive buzz back in the club again. And like I said his post transfer comments were a fucking disgrace and showed a complete lack of respect to the club and us fans, he deserves everything he is getting for his comments alone. Now this really is the last thing I'm saying about it.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2011, 05:03:11 pm »

Torres FC

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »
The constant sulking, the constant moaning, the constant lack of effort the handing in a transfer request on the last day of the transfer window he left in the most unproffesional way possible leaving us with little time to find a replacement. Plus we weren't in a crisis at all we had Dalglish back, we had new owners, we had just signed Suarez. We were in a poor place in the league but there was a massive buzz back in the club again. And like I said his post transfer comments were a fucking disgrace and showed a complete lack of respect to the club and us fans, he deserves everything he is getting for his comments alone. Now this really is the last thing I'm saying about it.
Spot on..

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2011, 05:03:44 pm »
I don't feel sorry for him, but I do think it's a shame that his form has taken such a nosedive.

Offline Surprise me.

• Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2011, 05:04:34 pm »
If he wanted to leave, he should have done it at the start of the window instead of handing in a transfer request on the last weekend. Then his comments when he joined them were the icing on the cake.

Thats something we'll never know though, he must have been thinking about it for a long time so how it really happened is a mystery but yeah from what we know, the timing is the only thing i can blame him for.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2011, 05:06:19 pm »
He is fast becoming the spanish Michael Owen (with a world cup/Euro medal)
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2011, 05:07:09 pm »
Never want him back here. He will never again be the player we knew anyway. Ten years at the top level have worn him out.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2011, 05:08:56 pm »
I'll never forget him, to be honest, phenomenal player for us at one point.

I don't have any sympathy for him, neither do I care about him anymore. He chose Chelsea over us and now his career is slowly fading away from him, that'll teach him.

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2011, 05:09:00 pm »

If it's on goals scored, then we got the bad end of that deal.

:D
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2011, 05:09:02 pm »
wouldn't  surprise me if anzhi (the rich Russian club that bought Eto ) came in and took him  but would i take him back ? in a heart beat some players are just suited for some clubs and liverpool and torres were made for each other ok he said some stupid shit once he left  but for me it was a mix of his agent in his ear and a load of false promises have i forgiven him no but could i yes  after one of the greatest strikers ive ever seen in a liverpool strip (only 22 mind ) watch the video below and tell me you dont have a smile on your face

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JnoVmWoqiyk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JnoVmWoqiyk</a>

Fucking hell man - memories.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2011, 05:09:15 pm »
He lost his hunger. That's the main thing for me.

The Torres we signed was hungry, determined, a bundle of energy and positively dripping with ability. So much so that I don't think even he quite realised how good he was or how good he could go on to be.

It wasn't his ability that marked him out as a top player though. That alone isn't enough. What he had allied to that was the work rate and the desire to sit along side it. An attitude that made him a nightmare to deal with.

Torres of three to four years ago had all of the physical attributes and skill to achieve whatever he wanted to achieve. But unlike many foreigners that arrive on these shores, he wouldn't be bullied. If a big centre half kicked him he gave it back twice as hard. He had that fire in his eyes and that steely look about him that just made you know that he was going to succeed.

I'm not sure what happened since, but he's certainly lost that and as a result, he isn't half the player that he was. That determination, that attitude, that resolve, it's gone and what you see now is a shadow of the Torres that for once set the league alight.

Watch him now and see how he reacts to a kick in the back from an uncompromising centre half. Gone is that resolve and that glint in his eye that told the centre half - and the watching world - that Torres would inevitably come out on top. Now, what we see instead is often a shrug of the shoulders and a bowed head.

There are clearly other factors to consider as well, such as the injuries that have robbed him of a yard of pace, or the varying systems at Liverpool under Rafa and the current Chelsea. The situation at the club under Hicks and Gillett also clearly weighed on him to the point that he forced his move in the regrettable manner that he did.

All of those are valid for discussion here and all probably impacted upon his mentality and attitude. But it still ultimately comes back to that attitude and that hunger though, for me.

Can he recapture that? I'm not sure, to be honest. It doesn't look likely at the minute. If he does, then we might once again see something like the Torres that we once bounced for. If not, then I fear that particular Torres is gone for good.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:12:01 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2011, 05:10:05 pm »
I know from a very good source that he regrets moving there and is hankering for a move back to Spain already. He also misses Liverpool as a city but i'm not so sure the club and he was extremely gutted/angry about those little whoppers burning his shirt the night he left.

There was a lot of tension between him and a couple of senior players towards the end, which i think has come across in said players interviews since he has left. I loved the lad but the way he left, he can rot down there, maybe small time but so be it.

You missed us before we missed you Nando. 
We all said it when he handed in the transfer request that he'd end up regretting and he'd never have it better than he had it here, the only surprise is it's come this soon.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2011, 05:11:59 pm »
he never gave a fuck when we was shit so why should we be concerned about him and his problems

you just know he would be rubbin it in if he was bangin in the goals at Chelsea

I'm more annoyed that we brought in Carroll, don't like the style of player he is and it's clear to me that he does not fit into our style of play and I'm concerned he's not the answer
PSN: white-of-my-eyes