Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 23rd-26th October  (Read 44160 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Premier League fixtures 23rd-26th October
« on: October 22, 2020, 02:23:22 pm »
FRIDAY 23RD OCTOBER

Aston Villa V Leeds  20:00  BT SPORT BOX OFFICE   

SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER

West Ham V Man City  12:30  BT SPORT   
Fulham V Crystal Palace  15:00  BT SPORT BOX OFFICE   
Man Utd V Chelsea  17:30  SKY SPORTS   
Liverpool V Sheff Utd  20:00  SKY SPORTS BOX OFFICE   

SUNDAY 25TH OCTOBER

Southampton V Everton  14:00  SKY SPORTS   
Wolves V Newcastle  16:30  SKY SPORTS   
Arsenal V Leicester  19:15  SKY SPORTS BOX OFFICE   

MONDAY 26TH OCTOBER

Brighton V West Brom  17:30  SKY SPORTS BOX OFFICE   
Burnley V Spurs  20:00  SKY SPORTS   
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 05:45:11 pm by sinnermichael »

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
Re: Premier League fixtures 23rd-26th October
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 02:50:02 pm »
Aston Villa 1 V 1 Leeds
West Ham 1 V 3 Man City 
Fulham 1 V 0 Crystal Palace 
Man Utd 2 V 2 Chelsea 
Liverpool 2 V 0 Sheff Utd     
Southampton 2 V 1 Everton 
Wolves 2 V 0 Newcastle 
Arsenal 2 V 0 Leicester       
Brighton 2 V 1 West Brom 
Burnley 1 V 2 Spurs 

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 02:56:58 pm »
Poor West Brom fans drawing the short straw again there.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 02:59:38 pm »
This weekend looks horrific ;D our match and Wolves vs City the only ones that appear to hold any sort of neutral appeal whatsoever.  Reaching desperately here, but Newcastle vs Brighton could offer a bit of entertainment.

I was miserable about a match weekend recently, so I'll actually say that this weekend looks like it could be quite entertaining.

Both Villa and Leeds have nothing to lose really, and a Leeds win would probably shift them from having had an encouraging start to the season to having had a really good one.

There are a few teams in the mid-table who that's probably true for - hard to know which way things are going to go for West Ham, Palace, Leicester, Southampton, and Newcastle yet but they all seem to have had 'okay' starts to the season.  It's probably actually representative of where they'll all end up (mid table!) but it'll be interesting to see if any can nose ahead and if any fall away.

Fulham looked much improved at the weekend, and a home match against Palace is one that they could really do with taking 3 points from.

Never quite know what you're going to get with Southampton but it'd be good to see Danny Ings help inflict a first defeat on the Blues.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 03:12:31 pm »
Looking forward to this game. Sheffield United are a good side, good manager and play decent, fair football. Also be good to see Brewster playing (provided he wears his shooting boots from the Community Shield rather than from pre-season...).

United Chelsea will be a good battle of the shit managers.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 03:17:09 pm »
Villa vs Leeds could be great. Villa are on form with some fun players performing well, and Leeds are always going to be a bit mad in their games.

Arsenal vs Leicester could be good, but I won't be watching on box office.

Man United vs Chelsea will either be very high scoring or incredibly boring.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 03:19:11 pm »
Villa vs Leeds could be great. Villa are on form with some fun players performing well, and Leeds are always going to be a bit mad in their games.

Arsenal vs Leicester could be good, but I won't be watching on box office.

Man United vs Chelsea will either be very high scoring or incredibly boring.

Fancy United to get another home spanking
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 03:36:39 pm »
Fri /Sat...4 fixtures that interest me to some degree, then fuck all worth of note Sun/Mon!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 03:40:58 pm »
West Ham are actually in decent form but their recent record against City is horrendous.

Given how calamitous Chelsea's defence is, I can see United getting more than one penalty.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 04:55:33 pm »

Premier League matches being shown live on UK TV : https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html (& https://www.live-footballontv.com)

Premier League matches being shown live on TV around the world (+ great for IPTV etc) : https://www.livesoccertv.com/competitions/england/premier-league

Lots of stream sites & match highlights - and more info for the 2020/21 season : https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.0

^ aka the pinned 'Some useful info for following the football on tv (+ streams etc) for 2020/21' thread in the 'General Football and Sport' section of RAWK. :wave

For live scores, team line-ups, fixtures & results, tables, in-game comms, info, stats and more... : https://www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/premier-league

Goal Videos (and other incidents, saves, skills, red cards etc) often appear here minutes after being scored : www.reddit.com/r/soccer/new & https://twitter.com

www.premierleague.com : https://twitter.com/premierleague : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%80%9321_Premier_League : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 05:42:34 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 05:15:32 pm »
Chelsea and United is a big game for both teams. Both really need a win to kick start their seasons.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 05:24:30 pm »
Lineker sort of coughed in embarrassment last night as he announced it was Ł14.95 to watch Villa v Leeds.

Looks like quite a decent weekend this, except for Monday which is shit, Ings smashing that T-Rex twat into the net would be brilliant.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 05:45:17 pm »
Leeds-Villa, West Ham-ManC, ManU-Chelsea, Everton-Southampton, loads of games that should be good without including our own of course.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 07:48:29 pm »
Who in their right mind is going to pay to watch Fulham Vs Crystal palace hahaha

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 08:38:02 pm »
Imagine putting Arsenal vs. Leicester on Box Office, feel like we're going to start seeing more of the 'tastier' fixtures going for Ł15 the longer this goes on.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 08:52:02 pm »
Who in their right mind is going to pay to watch Fulham Vs Crystal palace hahaha

There was a rumour the other day that only 74 people ordered the West Brom-Burnley game.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 08:53:40 pm »
There was a rumour the other day that only 74 people ordered the West Brom-Burnley game.
And that was just Broadmoor.
AHA!

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2020, 08:55:53 pm »
Imagine putting Arsenal vs. Leicester on Box Office, feel like we're going to start seeing more of the 'tastier' fixtures going for Ł15 the longer this goes on.

This year is crazy so far so anything is possible but based on 5 games these are two of the most boring teams out there.

Online Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2020, 09:03:25 pm »

Doubtful; those teams have 50-60000 at their individual home games with a decent support. Yes, PPV etc is stupid/rip-off, but there must/should be more people biting the bullet and paying..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2020, 10:09:45 pm »
Doubtful; those teams have 50-60000 at their individual home games with a decent support. Yes, PPV etc is stupid/rip-off, but there must/should be more people biting the bullet and paying..

whereas I don’t believe it was some crazy low number like 74, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a hell of a lot lower than expected.

I honestly don’t know why people would pay. I know for sure I wouldn’t pay that much to watch a single LFC league game early in the season.

I don’t really use illeagal stream that much either,  but when I do - it’s so easy to find quality ones these days, it isn’t how it was, when people where srabbling around desperate for a stream that didn’t have 23948 adverts, send viruses to your PC, and then get taken down after 25 minutes of buffering.

It’s not like you have to be tech savvy to get them, but maybe people who are absolutely 0% into computers and just use tablets/computers away from work or whatever, would just pay up cos they wouldn’t know other ways of watching matches. Otherwise, not sure why bother.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2020, 11:26:29 am »
My only issue with PPV this weekend istrying to find a stream that works properly on my phone. On laptop etc, I can get them ad free no issue and any that do pop up are easy to dismiss, I've found it harder on the mobile.

Offline Americano12345

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2020, 07:08:35 pm »
Looks like Kalvin Phillips is going to be out for about 2 months. interested to see how Leeds cope with that

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2020, 07:23:29 pm »
FRIDAY 23RD OCTOBER

Aston Villa V Leeds  2-1   

SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER

West Ham V Man City  1-3   
Fulham V Crystal Palace  1-1   
Man Utd V Chelsea  3 penalties-1   
Liverpool V Sheff Utd  2-0   

SUNDAY 25TH OCTOBER

Southampton V Everton  1-2   
Wolves V Newcastle  2-0   
Arsenal V Leicester  1-1   

MONDAY 26TH OCTOBER

Brighton V West Brom  2-1
Burnley V Spurs  0-2

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2020, 08:06:49 pm »
Fancy United to get another home spanking

Chelsea is so poor against the counter that I highly doubt they will win against a low block United. Ole will pack the box with mediocre players and send Rashford and Fernandes up to toe the line. Thiago Silva looks tired already.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2020, 08:07:11 pm »
Leeds should be ahead. Good start from them.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2020, 08:18:13 pm »
Not really relevant but I like this Leeds kit.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2020, 08:21:12 pm »
This is setting up for a jammy Villa goal out of nothing soon.

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2020, 08:28:43 pm »
Leeds play watchable football

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2020, 08:33:59 pm »
Sensible sub after 20 minutes from Bielsa, not many would make that call so early but definitely the right call, one more foul and they would likely have been down to 10 men
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:49:16 pm by Wabaloolah »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2020, 08:36:17 pm »
Leeds are so much fun. Feel Bamford is starting to revert to last seasons wastefulness
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2020, 08:39:49 pm »
Bielsa gets word Leeds are in financial difficulty again and he has to find a cellar...

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2020, 08:40:47 pm »
Alioski doesn't half fanny out of tackles.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2020, 08:46:26 pm »
Leeds could be up 7-0 by now
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2020, 08:47:04 pm »
Bamford couldn't hit a barn door

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2020, 08:49:35 pm »
Villa will win 1-0 I suspect
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2020, 08:50:19 pm »
It's painfully clear that Leeds need someone better than Bamford at his position.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2020, 08:55:33 pm »
Leeds have been better but the more I watch Villa the more confused I get.  They were awful defensively and a lock to go down before the Covid enforced break.  Ever since then they somehow are good defensively (2nd best in PL so far this year) but it doesn't make any sense when you watch it.  McGinn and Barkley just stream forward every chance they get leaving Douglas Luiz on his own yet he doesn't have a single interception this year as he's not a good DM.  Somehow they keep pulling it off as even though Leeds played well they didn't have any easy chances sans that one for Bamford at the end.  I just don't get it.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2020, 08:57:52 pm »
Leeds have been better but the more I watch Villa the more confused I get.  They were awful defensively and a lock to go down before the Covid enforced break.  Ever since then they somehow are good defensively (2nd best in PL so far this year) but it doesn't make any sense when you watch it.  McGinn and Barkley just stream forward every chance they get leaving Douglas Luiz on his own yet he doesn't have a single interception this year as he's not a good DM.  Somehow they keep pulling it off as even though Leeds played well they didn't have any easy chances sans that one for Bamford at the end.  I just don't get it.

Just lucky like Everton at the minute - only unbeaten because Coote decided so.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2020, 09:12:42 pm »
That first match was such a fluke. Leeds can't even get a shot on target, let alone smashing it in off the post past the best keeper in the world.
We have had some pretty rotten luck so far this season.  >:(

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2020, 09:15:14 pm »
Greedy bastard