Author Topic: Watford  (Read 55521 times)

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Watford
« Reply #280 on: July 22, 2020, 06:04:04 am »
Watford basically conceded every game to City, gifting them 5+ goals every single time. What a shame, I hope they go down.

In the last 3 games to City it's 18-0 in total.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #281 on: July 22, 2020, 09:21:27 am »
I don't get the hype with Sarr. He's talented for sure, but he hasn't scored a goal or created one since that game against us. He was born offside as well.

They were an embarrassment last night. Where's your cojones, Troy?

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: July 22, 2020, 09:33:20 am »
I don't get the hype with Sarr. He's talented for sure, but he hasn't scored a goal or created one since that game against us. He was born offside as well.

He had a shocking game against us in the first game, miskicking the ball a number of times in dangerous scoring positions, chances are they would've taken a point had he shown a bit of composure. Looks talented, but extremely raw.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: July 22, 2020, 09:43:00 am »
He had a shocking game against us in the first game, miskicking the ball a number of times in dangerous scoring positions, chances are they would've taken a point had he shown a bit of composure. Looks talented, but extremely raw.

Yeah ... we really don't need a kick and run merchant. He'd struggle against sides sitting deep. Of the sides down the bottom a player like Grealish would improve us a lot more. Thought he was excellent last night.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: July 22, 2020, 09:55:01 am »
Yeah ... we really don't need a kick and run merchant. He'd struggle against sides sitting deep. Of the sides down the bottom a player like Grealish would improve us a lot more. Thought he was excellent last night.
See i think Grealish would struggle a lot more with use where he won't have every attack going through him and will be forced in to making quicker decisions. Plus he'd not really have  a role here, to slow for the wider roles and don't think he's good enough to block jones/keita getting minutes in the middle. Not exactly watched loads of Watford but been more impressed by Sarr.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: July 22, 2020, 09:58:45 am »
After sacking their manager, they deserve no better. Tough very tough since i really want Villa to go down.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2020, 01:27:11 pm »
I mean if he had to punch someone...

Loggins instead of Mesina?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2020, 02:08:07 pm »

Guess it’s party cos of the Mane link, all of a sudden after that video was posted of Mane speaking to him like a kid brother after the match earlier this season - it became a thing  ;D 

Cos yeah, otherwise, I don’t get it. Sure he may develop, but there is not a lot of evidence yet to show he’s a special talent. They paid a lot for him too, if they get relegated, be interesting to see what happens, would they just try and cash in now, or hope he helps them get promoted again.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: July 22, 2020, 03:59:02 pm »
Guess it’s party cos of the Mane link, all of a sudden after that video was posted of Mane speaking to him like a kid brother after the match earlier this season - it became a thing  ;D 

Cos yeah, otherwise, I don’t get it. Sure he may develop, but there is not a lot of evidence yet to show he’s a special talent. They paid a lot for him too, if they get relegated, be interesting to see what happens, would they just try and cash in now, or hope he helps them get promoted again.

A season in the Championship could do a young player like that the world of good, it allows them to develop away from the spotlight and with less pressure, while shining at a lower level of football and gaining confidence for when they come back up (whether that's with Watford or another club).

We've seen it with Abraham and Grealish this season to name two players, McBurnie to a lesser extent as well. All looked far more rounded and effective than in their previous PL stints.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 04:02:12 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: July 22, 2020, 04:09:28 pm »
A season in the Championship could do a young player like that the world of good, it allows them to develop away from the spotlight and with less pressure, while shining at a lower level of football and gaining confidence for when they come back up (whether that's with Watford or another club).

We've seen it with Abraham and Grealish this season to name two players, McBurnie to a lesser extent as well. All looked far more rounded and effective than in their previous PL stints.

Helped Adama Traore out too when he spent another season at Boro in the Championship after they were relegated in '17.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: July 22, 2020, 04:32:46 pm »
Helped Adama Traore out too when he spent another season at Boro in the Championship after they were relegated in '17.

Very good point. Forgot about that.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #291 on: July 26, 2020, 10:21:03 pm »
Lost the cojones derby, have we Troy?  :P

Feel bad for Saar though. He was in absolute bits at the end of the game. I hope Sadio calls to cheer him up.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #292 on: July 26, 2020, 11:33:45 pm »
Well, that decision worked out well for them.

Tara!
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #293 on: July 26, 2020, 11:33:49 pm »
Laters Troy, shame you didn't get the season null and voided eh? :wave
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2020, 03:31:57 pm »
Chuffed that they're down and that twat Deeney won't be seen in the Premier League ever again. Hope they go down the divisions as well.  :wave

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2020, 03:16:25 am »
Think the manager will have to go after this
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #296 on: October 25, 2020, 01:14:13 am »
Apparently young Ben Foster has his own YouTube channel now. It's not half bad and I suppose he's planning for life outside of football when he retires in a decade from now.  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6dv3Xu3HKTQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6dv3Xu3HKTQ</a>

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #297 on: October 25, 2020, 01:28:33 am »
Ah these youngsters are so on the ball with social media. I guess this young lad has grown up with it, so it's the only world he's ever known
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: October 25, 2020, 09:32:49 am »
Apparently young Ben Foster has his own YouTube channel now. It's not half bad and I suppose he's planning for life outside of football when he retires in a decade from now.  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6dv3Xu3HKTQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6dv3Xu3HKTQ</a>

I'm really enjoying it

Good insight and he seems a decent fella

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #299 on: October 25, 2020, 06:02:28 pm »
He puts the camera down, then picks it up and moves it 10 yards to the other side of his garden.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #300 on: October 3, 2021, 10:52:55 am »
They've sacked Xisco. Probably going to appoint Quique Sanchez Flores any moment now.

What an utterly pointless club.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #301 on: October 3, 2021, 10:53:50 am »
They've sacked Xisco. Probably going to appoint Quique Sanchez Flores any moment now.

What an utterly pointless club.

Just in time for new manager first game against us as usual where they'll play out their skins before their annual 6-0 loss to City.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: October 3, 2021, 11:00:20 am »
Cannot wrap my head around Watford. Newly promoted club, currently 14th in the table (which isn't bad at all) and they sack the manager who's only been in charge since last December. It's absolute lunacy, and just like when they sacked Nigel Pearson, you can't help but want it to blow up in their face.

A club statement reads "The Board feels recent performances strongly indicate a negative trend at a time when team cohesion should be visibly improving". Now I haven't been watching Watford too closely this season, but this strikes me as absolute bullshit.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: October 3, 2021, 11:02:05 am »
Jokers. No other word for them. He’s had 7 matches in the Premier League ;D

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #304 on: October 3, 2021, 11:04:33 am »
They’re 14th after 7 games

That’s not too bad
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #305 on: October 3, 2021, 11:04:41 am »
Considering how well they used to run Udinese two things baffle me about Watford and their owners:

1) How they can mismanage their asset to such ridiculous levels?
2) How no matter what spanner they throw in their works somehow always either stay up or rebound?

Normally when a club is ran as terribly as them it's straight down to League 1 and so forth...  ::)

Either way, they should go back to yellow and red. At least that's some character.

Their fans don't seem pleased with the board either  :D

"good luck with this job"!
« Last Edit: October 3, 2021, 11:07:45 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: October 3, 2021, 11:15:02 am »
Help. I'm down to manage Watford next Wednesday between 10am and 11am. Anybody wanna swap shifts?

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: October 3, 2021, 11:21:20 am »
Saw him interviewed on MOTD only the other week saying how well he got on with the owners and how secure he felt his future was, whilst thinking to myself: 'I give him two months'.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #308 on: October 3, 2021, 11:21:53 am »
Help. I'm down to manage Watford next Wednesday between 10am and 11am. Anybody wanna swap shifts?

I can do the Saturday morning shift on the 16th if that's any good?

It'll be the easiest 3 points Liverpool get this season ;D

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #309 on: October 3, 2021, 11:40:39 am »
I can do the Saturday morning shift on the 16th if that's any good?

It'll be the easiest 3 points Liverpool get this season ;D

16th? Sorry you mentioned a number that's too low! you're fired before you've taken the job

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #310 on: October 3, 2021, 11:46:52 am »
16th? Sorry you mentioned a number that's too low! you're fired before you've taken the job

Damn, I was planning on using a very attacking 1-5-5 against Liverpool that utilises a rush goalie

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: October 3, 2021, 11:49:23 am »
Damn, I was planning on using a very attacking 1-5-5 against Liverpool that utilises a rush goalie

Too defensive. The board sees it as a degradation in performance.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #312 on: October 3, 2021, 11:56:43 am »
What's Quique Sanchez Flores up to?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: October 3, 2021, 12:06:42 pm »
Cannot wrap my head around Watford. Newly promoted club, currently 14th in the table (which isn't bad at all) and they sack the manager who's only been in charge since last December. It's absolute lunacy, and just like when they sacked Nigel Pearson, you can't help but want it to blow up in their face.

A club statement reads "The Board feels recent performances strongly indicate a negative trend at a time when team cohesion should be visibly improving". Now I haven't been watching Watford too closely this season, but this strikes me as absolute bullshit.

He came in last December when they were about mid table and having a poor Championship season. He managed to get them automatically promoted. They've made a reasonable start to the Prem.

It'd be one thing if they'd lost every week like Norwich.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: October 3, 2021, 12:14:57 pm »
Speaking to ranieri according to sky

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: October 3, 2021, 12:16:02 pm »
Considering how well they used to run Udinese two things baffle me about Watford and their owners:

1) How they can mismanage their asset to such ridiculous levels?
2) How no matter what spanner they throw in their works somehow always either stay up or rebound?

Normally when a club is ran as terribly as them it's straight down to League 1 and so forth...  ::)

Either way, they should go back to yellow and red. At least that's some character.

Their fans don't seem pleased with the board either  :D

"good luck with this job"!

Udinese have had 18 permanent managers in 20 years, a few at least lasted a few seasons to boost the average.

The owners have got a good scouting network which gets them good players for cheap. Therefore with Udinese they find it easy to finish above 3 Serie A teams where the level is low in the bottom half with little money about. Before they bought Watford they were a bit more competitive in Serie A than just finishing 14th every season.

With Watford their scouting network means they'll pick up players who'll at least thrive in The Championship, so if they go down they'll tend to go back up (parachute payments helping). They could at least point to Norwich and say their approach with sticking with Farke isn't bearing fruit. This sacking is predictable as it's stupid though.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 3, 2021, 12:20:07 pm »
Those owners are the worst in English Football for trigger happy sackings.

I hope they go down again.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #317 on: October 3, 2021, 12:30:21 pm »
I just can't get my head around clubs like this, what exactly are they expecting from their managers?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #318 on: October 3, 2021, 01:20:06 pm »
I just can't get my head around clubs like this, what exactly are they expecting from their managers?
It looks like the owners must have been expecting them to come into the season and take the division by storm and canter to the league title.

Why would you even consider taking the job that it is highly likely you will be sacked from before the end of the season?

Madness
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #319 on: October 3, 2021, 01:53:44 pm »
Speaking to ranieri according to sky

He'll take them down. He's finished as a top flight manager. He won the league with Leicester because everything aligned for them that season but he's basically been an average manager before and since then.