Poll

I go to the match and it's interesting how few friends I have that support England.. .If you are an LFC fan - do you support England?

YES! (And I'm English/British)
63 (23.2%)
NO! (And I'm English/British)
139 (51.1%)
I'm not English or British - here you are..
70 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 272

Author Topic: Liverpool fans that support England in Internationals..  (Read 24894 times)

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool fans that support England in Internationals..
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2018, 03:40:01 am »
I like to watch football so I like the International tournaments as I get to watch more footy in the summer. I am a Liverpool fan so I dont really care about the result. Unless of course a Red is playing. Then I want them to play well and win. If a Red is playing against a Red I hope they both have a good game. If a Red is playing against a Manc a Bitter or a Plastic I hope the Red man wins etc

I hate the hype that goes with Ingurland. The wife of a mate of mine fell for it all a while back and bought a load of shite to decorate their car. You will remember seeing them all over the place. Flags for the windows, flags to cover the EU bit of the number plate, flags for the front of the wing mirrors and so on. When I saw it I fell about laughing and they were both a bit shocked. It wont still be on by the final I said. Sure enough at the end of the group stages it was all gone  :lmao
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2018, 05:32:34 am »
I like watching England.
I like watching England fans watching England.
I like how quickly England fans watching England turn on England.
England fans watching England would have booed England out the stadium in 1966 for only drawing the game. The dumb fucks would have left on 90 mins and then there wouldn't have been any people on the pitch for Kenneth Wolstenholme to mince over.
And by the way, that's a timeline - There's people on the pitch, they think it's all over, it is now - Hurst's burst shouldn't have stood.
And the other one clearly didn't cross the line.
Terry Fenwick starred in a World Cup for England!!
I remember that, that was the goal England don't like to talk about.
I'm looking forward to England fucking up.
I'm going to have to find somewhere to watch it where England supporters are watching it though, it's just so much more edifying, and fun.
And I especially like to gee them up a bit when it's all forlorn.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 08:25:36 am »
I like watching England.
I like watching England fans watching England.
I like how quickly England fans watching England turn on England.
England fans watching England would have booed England out the stadium in 1966 for only drawing the game. The dumb fucks would have left on 90 mins and then there wouldn't have been any people on the pitch for Kenneth Wolstenholme to mince over.
And by the way, that's a timeline - There's people on the pitch, they think it's all over, it is now - Hurst's burst shouldn't have stood.
And the other one clearly didn't cross the line.
Terry Fenwick starred in a World Cup for England!!
I remember that, that was the goal England don't like to talk about.
I'm looking forward to England fucking up.
I'm going to have to find somewhere to watch it where England supporters are watching it though, it's just so much more edifying, and fun.
And I especially like to gee them up a bit when it's all forlorn.

And then after that I like the way England fans and media turn into Everton fans. 

IfithadntabeenferGordonBanksgettingtheshits
IfithadntabeenferMaradonapunchingtheballinthenet
IfithadntabeenferStuartPearceandChrisWaddle
IfithadntabeenferRonaldKoemannotbeingsentoff
IfifhadntabeenferDavidBeckhamgettingsentoff
IfithadntabeenferDavidSeamanbeinglobbedbyafreakgoal
IfithadntabeenferRonaldogettingRooneysentoff
IfithadntabeenferLampardsgoalbeingdisallowed
IfithadntabeenferRoyHodgson

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 08:28:02 am »
Not really arsed. I will probably watch the world cup though although I am the sort of person who looks forward to two absolute no mark random teams playing at 2 a.m. (no, not England).

I won`t support them as such but don`t actively want them to do badly. I do, however, despise their following.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2018, 08:39:24 am »
I find it a bit weird some some Liverpool fans think all/most scousers hate England or the international team.

Have you not seen around liverpool on a world cup? great weather, pubs buzzing watching the matches etc Its a fucking myth on here that the city doesn't enjoy it.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:44:44 am by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2018, 08:45:01 am »
I find it a bit weird some some Liverpool fans think all/most scousers hate England or the international team.

Have you not seen around liverpool on a world cup? great weather, pubs buzzing watching the matches etc Its a fucking myth on here that the city doesn't enjoy it.

I think it is the england fans that are the underlying issue people have with the england team.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2018, 08:47:17 am »
I think it is the england fans that are the underlying issue people have with the england team.
There are 50+ Million of us mate, to make sweeping statements that "fuck the england fans, bunch of racists" is akin to stating "fuck scousers, bunch of thieves"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2018, 08:49:58 am »
The England team is for Tories

Vast majority of Tories are England fans but the vast majority of England fans aren't Tories. Reckon people would do well to remember that on here. I'd describe myself as an England fan, albeit one that isn't very emotionally invested and I'd never vote for the Tories in a million years.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2018, 08:50:14 am »
There are 50+ Million of us mate, to make sweeping statements that "fuck the england fans, bunch of racists" is akin to stating "fuck scousers, bunch of thieves"

Don`t disagree but the minority portray a very distasteful image mate. Trouble does seem to follow them to every single tournament and when I say minority I am talking 100's rampaging through various cities around the world.

Personally I am sanguine about the england team (as I said in my original post). I don`t wish them ill or anything like that. I enjoy the world cup as a tournament, always have.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 08:52:40 am »
I support Australia/Ireland and anyone playing England.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2018, 08:59:48 am »
Don`t disagree but the minority portray a very distasteful image mate. Trouble does seem to follow them to every single tournament and when I say minority I am talking 100's rampaging through various cities around the world.

Personally I am sanguine about the england team (as I said in my original post). I don`t wish them ill or anything like that. I enjoy the world cup as a tournament, always have.
A lot of international teams have trouble following them, much like club football.

I'm more arsed about the comments such as "only tories support england" or "I'm scouse so therefore I won't support england"

Both statements are crap because the vast majority of working class people will still probably be hoping england do well/support the team. and a vast amount  of the city will be buzzing, drinking and watching the matches.

Offline Rich

• Kopite
  • RAWK Lurker
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2018, 09:01:03 am »
So much edge in here.

I am not bothered if they win or lose but its a good excuse to have a drink with mates.  I try to watch as many games as possible and take extra interest in teams with Liverpool players.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2018, 09:02:30 am »
I’ve always vaguely supported England (I grew up well out of eh Scouse bubble) and have enjoyed being able to support the same team as mates who are fans of other teams for a short while.

But that said, every tournament I’ve given less of a toss. Was really excited as a kid between 96 and 2002, fairly excited as a young adult in 2004 and 2006, waning interest between 2010 and 2012 and in 2014/2016 I really didn’t care. Given the embarrassment that was England under Hodgson I was pretty much supporting Iceland.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that as I’ve grown up I’ve spent more and more time talking with other LFC fans (on RAWK, at uni, on whatsapp etc) and the more I do the bigger the dominance of Liverpool in my football interest and the less fussed I am about England.

Will support them this summer but i mainly just love international tournaments so won’t be bothered when they eventually go out.

Agree with some of the comments about generic labelling of England fans. Lots of Liverpool fans are pricks but it doesn’t stop me supporting Liverpool (admittedly fewer in the matchgoing contingent maybe). Went to a couple of England games and couldn’t enjoy the shite partisan atmosphere (or the shite football). But when sitting in a pub during a World Cup with some mates and everyone is supporting the same team for a change, it’s good fun. For about a week until they go out ;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:09:10 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2018, 09:10:27 am »
Not arsed about World Cup anymore. Club football is way ahead now.

I don't support anyone and i don't like it.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2018, 09:12:01 am »
I support them in a very half-arsed way. Not too bothered when they win, not too bothered when they lose, very rarely enjoy watching the team play and that has been the case the whole time I've watched. If given the choice between a good tournament without England in it, and a shite one where England do well, I'd choose the former every time. Nowhere near as invested in it as I am Liverpool, got over the Iceland match in a matter of hours whereas I'm still livid about West Brom knocking us out of the cup :P 

Really, there's just not much to like about the England set-up. Still love international tournaments though.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:14:14 am by rowan_d »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2018, 09:12:10 am »

Since then I’ve thought “fuck em” when it comes to England mainly because of the fans...and then the media...and then in the 2000s the players started becoming more and more unlikeable too.

This set of players seem largely harmless, but the fans can still fuck off, and therefore I couldn’t care less.

This. Just add in the FA and it completes the reasons why I am not arsed about England.
Wonder how many England fans happily deride scousers and suck up all the stereotypes thrown around, then proceed to act they idiots when they travel.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2018, 09:15:42 am »
This. Just add in the FA and it completes the reasons why I am not arsed about England.
Wonder how many England fans happily deride scousers and suck up all the stereotypes thrown around, then proceed to act they idiots when they travel.

Many Scousers are England fans, though, and some England fans probably believe stereotypes of half the world.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2018, 09:16:46 am »

He said england fans not merely english people, there is a fair distance between the two in general, although most of the latter do also support their country's side in the world cup or euros too.

Personally, I'd rather they do well than not, just like I would prefer any Liverpool players there to do better than not. Connections to the matches just tend to make games more interesting to me, even if the links are rather tenuous, I'm not somebody who will go out of their way to watch every PL match on tv, it is our games that hold my interest.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:20:41 am by Skeeve »

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2018, 09:43:36 am »
Hope they win but not that arsed if they don't - that's about it and it pales in significance to my feelings about LFC and the club game.

Also, and despite the bad shower of wankers that get pissed up and trash other people's countries embarassing themselves with stupid chants, it’s a bit silly to tar most England fans with that brush.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2018, 09:44:59 am »
Seeing this thread reminds me I need to re-read The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus. And again. And again.

...and again.

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2018, 09:46:09 am »
Yes I'm a Liverpool supporter who supports England. I've gradually become more focused on Liverpool than England over the years, can't really put my finger on why. I have seen some bad behaviour when I've travelled for England matches which has put me off, but the majority of fans are fine. It's probably a combination of things already mentioned here; some of the jingoism, the media, the FA. Probably the biggest factor is that I feel less patriotic these days, I guess that 8 years of austerity and Brexit will do that.

I'm looking forward to the World Cup, but mostly as an opportunity to enjoy the good weather and drinks with friends. I'm sure I'll get into supporting England when the matches begin, but won't be too bothered when we drop out in the quarter final.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2018, 09:46:46 am »
Would I want to support plebs like Harry Kane and Jordan Pickford running round ?

Nah

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2018, 09:51:40 am »
Would I want to support plebs like Harry Kane and Jordan Pickford running round ?

Nah

Interesting to note that 10 years ago you’d have about 12 more names in this post ;D This is a relatively likeable England team all things considered – even with Kane and Alli in it.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2018, 09:54:44 am »
Last tournament I was really really into as an England fan was the 2002 World Cup. Not sure if it was an age thing (I was in high school) or the fact it had a Liverpool core - but I was arguably as much of an England fan as a Liverpool fan then.

These days I'll probably watch an England match if it's on the tele and I'm in or at the pub anyway, but certainly don't care if they win or lose.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2018, 09:56:57 am »
Club before Country every day of the week, my friends. Fuck Ingerlund FC and their shower of shite fans, massive delusions of grandeur and their racist overtones, not to mention that fucking No Surrender fucking bollocks. Nope. About as far removed from the values I grew up with (and still hope to maintain) as a Liverpool supporter.

SNE all the way.

I want England to have three incredibly boring matches, losing every one of them but not one Liverpool player injured, so they all come home safely and the fans sulk into their flat beer back in Nowhereshire.

This.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2018, 10:00:15 am »
In reality, when it comes to the world cup,everyone supports their club players. Its a different set of countries that you end up cheering on every time.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2018, 10:10:24 am »
A lot of international teams have trouble following them, much like club football.

I'm more arsed about the comments such as "only tories support england" or "I'm scouse so therefore I won't support england"

Both statements are crap because the vast majority of working class people will still probably be hoping england do well/support the team. and a vast amount  of the city will be buzzing, drinking and watching the matches.

Looking at your profile it says you are 25, so you won't have seen what us older generations have seen. I'm talking about pricks from shitty towns running around Europe causing chaos, a Tory government trying its best to destroy the City and wishing they could tow it into the Irish sea and sink it, 63% unemployment when you are leaving school, factories closing hand over fist and your family losing livelihoods, shite like bread with non scousers doing piss poor accents while making us all look like skiving thieving c*nts, being blamed for the European ban, never mind Spurs, West Ham, Utd, England fans running amok in the years before. John Barnes having to play for managers without a clue, while being racially abused by England fans, attacked by the press and public. You wonder why some of us want fuck all to do with it?

In 2006 England played at Anfield - I didn't go, but there was a thread on here about it. People who went were disgusted with the behaviour of the England fans who turned up that day, giving it the whole No Surrender to the IRA, 10 German bombers and all the other 1940's racist shite they love so much.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2018, 10:23:43 am »
Just not arsed. I think partly because the club ties run too deep to get behind so many in the England team. Then there's all the shite with the S*n and the Little Englander mentality and all that xenophobic shite coming out. When Sir Roy Hodgson was in charge I watched them with a certain level of vitriol and wanted them to fail horribly, Iceland was fucking hilarious. But aside from that, and currently with Southgate, I'm just a bit meh. Liverpool are my only team really, but I'll support a team where any LFC player is prominent (Egypt fan this summer, like most of us!).
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2018, 10:25:05 am »
Yeah, I'll be more interested in how our players are doing, hopefully everyone going has a good World Cup.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2018, 10:42:20 am »
I am Northern Irish, and I love that I can show pride and support my national team.

It might be because I am so exposed to it but I have never known of so many football fans being born in a nation not being arsed about their national team than people from England. Are there any parallels in other countries around the world? Genuinely curious.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2018, 11:04:19 am »
I want England to win it, but if they don't I won't be arsed at all. I love the World Cup though, it's still a tournament like no other. Hope for some memorable football this time around, 2014 was meh minus the Brazil-Germany game.
This. Most of the time I'm only arsed about our players having a good game and I find it hard to support a team that has Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Jese Lingard in. Also the fans are shite, and I'm probably not very patriotic in general these days.

I like the World Cup, but I've not got that much interest in the next 2.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2018, 11:13:31 am »
It might be because I am so exposed to it but I have never known of so many football fans being born in a nation not being arsed about their national team than people from England. Are there any parallels in other countries around the world? Genuinely curious.

I find it weird and a bit of a shame.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2018, 11:20:13 am »
I am Northern Irish, and I love that I can show pride and support my national team.

Spain? (Before they started winning everything)

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2018, 11:35:12 am »
Where on Earth are you from?
We're from England.
Where you come from, do you put the kettle on?
This sentence is not provable

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2018, 11:37:08 am »
My brother in law is a Red but loves England - like wetting his pants about the World Cup. I don't get it - England are boring. Think '96 was the last time I cared about England - maybe '98
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2018, 11:43:00 am »
Looking at your profile it says you are 25, so you won't have seen what us older generations have seen. I'm talking about pricks from shitty towns running around Europe causing chaos, a Tory government trying its best to destroy the City and wishing they could tow it into the Irish sea and sink it, 63% unemployment when you are leaving school, factories closing hand over fist and your family losing livelihoods, shite like bread with non scousers doing piss poor accents while making us all look like skiving thieving c*nts, being blamed for the European ban, never mind Spurs, West Ham, Utd, England fans running amok in the years before. John Barnes having to play for managers without a clue, while being racially abused by England fans, attacked by the press and public. You wonder why some of us want fuck all to do with it?

In 2006 England played at Anfield - I didn't go, but there was a thread on here about it. People who went were disgusted with the behaviour of the England fans who turned up that day, giving it the whole No Surrender to the IRA, 10 German bombers and all the other 1940's racist shite they love so much.

It's a little known fact that Ruben Loftus-Cheek sat on the Cabinet sub-committee tasked with planning for the towing of Merseyside into the Irish Sea, later abandoned.  Coincidentally, Kieron Trippier was a Senior Civil Servant, also working on that project.

Both Danny Rose and Marcus Rashford were key figures in the Thatcherite free market think tank 'Centre for Policy Studies' whose stated aim was to raise unemployment beyond 65%.

Trent Alexander-Arnold was subject to a banning order after trashing a cafe in Milan during the 1980 European Championship, and Jordan Henderson was a member of the notorious 'Inter City Firm'.

Bread was a shocking 80s sit-com based on pureile humour and unacceptable stereotypes.  Wait till you see 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum', 'In Sickness and In Health' and 'Only Fools and Horses', they are going to blow your mind.  Kyle Walker was the Producer of a number of episodes of 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum' and Harry Maguire was an extra in 'Desmonds'.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2018, 11:53:13 am »
I'd rather Liverpool won a throw in than England win the world cup.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2018, 11:55:46 am »
It's a little known fact that Ruben Loftus-Cheek sat on the Cabinet sub-committee tasked with planning for the towing of Merseyside into the Irish Sea, later abandoned.  Coincidentally, Kieron Trippier was a Senior Civil Servant, also working on that project.

Both Danny Rose and Marcus Rashford were key figures in the Thatcherite free market think tank 'Centre for Policy Studies' whose stated aim was to raise unemployment beyond 65%.

Trent Alexander-Arnold was subject to a banning order after trashing a cafe in Milan during the 1980 European Championship, and Jordan Henderson was a member of the notorious 'Inter City Firm'.

Bread was a shocking 80s sit-com based on pureile humour and unacceptable stereotypes.  Wait till you see 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum', 'In Sickness and In Health' and 'Only Fools and Horses', they are going to blow your mind.  Kyle Walker was the Producer of a number of episodes of 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum' and Harry Maguire was an extra in 'Desmonds'.

;D

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2018, 11:57:19 am »
Not arsed about England one bit. Don't have any mates who support Liverpool from Liverpool who do either. Ranges from apathy to wanting them to get beat if I'm honest. Nothing to do with them being shit at tournaments either. Rightly or wrongly t's to do with politics/beliefs and being from Liverpool.

Got a Liverpool mate not from Liverpool and he likes England.

To be fair I lived by Manchester for a while in the early 2000's and the United supporters were exactly the same. United fans from Manchester didn't give 2 fucks about England.

I would guess you are much less likely to support England fervently if you support a big Premier League Club. Reckon the odds of supporting England decrease even more dramatically if you are born and raised in the North West. Probably increase slightly if you are born in the Midlands/South.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2018, 12:03:11 pm »
Rat arsed about international football. Would only watch the games if bored and/or in a pub.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.